Author Topic: Good Pack Combos  (Read 1751 times)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Good Pack Combos
« on: September 05, 2020, 03:26:12 PM »
Well, I'm enjoying Into The Future and Seasons together and wanted to share this. Oasis Landing looks much more organic and alive instead of being just a green geometric patch with white buildings against a barren wasteland. Not that that doesn't has its own charm, because it does. Playing with Seasons just adds that extra flavor and makes the future look less dead. It just became fall in the future in my game and it's looking really cool even though it is currently nighttime. I'll add some piccies later, but feel free to share your favorite pack combos here yourself :)

Update:
Here are some fall pictures of Oasis Landing.

Screenshot-24.jpg

Screenshot-29.jpg

Screenshot-30.jpg

Screenshot-31.jpg

Screenshot-34.jpg
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
Re: Good Pack Combos
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 10:16:30 PM »
Hi! for me my 2 favorite combo packs are seasons and ambitions. i love the winter but hate the rain. it rains constantly, so i usually uncheck it. happy labor day!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 10:28:30 PM »
I don't have any suggestions for good combos because I have all packs installed.

However, I love Seasons and Supernatural... but play with the weather turned off. lol!!
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 05:56:54 PM »
It does rain a lot with Seasons installed. I have it disabled for the time being, because the townies want to stay indoor, and then I don't have anything interesting to look at ;D

By the way, I also think winter in Moonlight Falls (Supernatural) is pretty enchanting because of the particular lighting in that world. And it is where I saw a green alien snowman for the first time ever, so that pack combo definitely holds some sentimental value to me.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 07:14:38 PM »
Thank you for sharing photos in your first post in the thread.

Here's one of my favorite photos from earlier this year from Moonlight Falls. I edited it a little, to add the caption.

–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 07:20:59 PM »
That is a gorgeous shot :) Oh, I think I even spot a tiny little ghost on its way out there. Very atmospheric indeed.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 07:24:32 PM »
I spotted the ghost too after I had taken the photo. I thought it was cool to have both in the same screenshot.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2020, 09:17:29 PM »
Seasons + ITF looks better than I expected...no insult I just saw that one inspiration for Oasis Landing was Oman, one of the least seasonal places ever. :P

I'm liking Supernatural + Seasons because Moonlight Falls is nothing without rain and they actually made an attempt to integrate packs a bit with vampires being protected by parasols/umbrellas and possibly the weather (I feel like they can go out when it's cloudy?). I'm in the weird minority that usually can take or leave Seasons but it also 100% has its place in a lot of worlds.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2020, 12:39:22 AM »
@Peanuts61 I was wondering if you prefer to play in Twinbrook, or simply to have access to the features of Ambitions in Sunset Valley or a different town?

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2020, 04:21:51 PM »
hi  nindigo!

i mostyly play in starlight shores because i love rich richmond from the dueling singers house. i use lots from twinbrook and place them in starlight shores. i love the little diner with the grave on it, and i love the red rendezvous.  also the styling community lot and renovate them for use in starlight shores

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2020, 01:20:33 AM »
I love Starlight Shores too! One of my favorite venues there is the Rodeo-Go-Go with the mechanical bull. I just placed it in my Sunset Valley. I always tear up from laughter watching Sims ride that thing ;D

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2020, 11:01:53 PM »
Same here! have you ever played any of the pre-made sims in starlight shores? like i said before, i love Rich Richmond and i always take him from his girlfriend and romantic interest mercedes may. i have him marry my female sim and they live happily ever after. i also love to play Billy Caspian from riverview. and now i am playing hunter cottoneye as an adventurer in starlight shores. having a pretty good time playing him. i changed all of his traits. i can't play the insane trait. i think it's a bit cruel.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2020, 04:08:55 AM »
I have played the Singh couple, and I remember that Priscilla died unexpectedly during one of her magician performances. It left Matias alone with their kids until I figured out a way to bring her back. I have also played the Gooder family - I thought little Sebastian was a ridiculously cute child :)

Last night, I contemplated moving my Alvi brothers (VJ and Miraj) to Starlight Shores to sort of "retire" there and be a little more anonymous. Then I can play them independently in that world. Plus it will make room for more Sims in the Sunset Valley house. They went to China yesterday for the first time this time around, and I kinda wanna do traveling with these two (I so love World Adventures).

World Adventures is always a good combo in and of itself, lol.

I have reduced the number of expansion packs, after having enabled them all. The game runs fine with everything enabled, but I find that in my head, I am most comfortable having to deal with only a few at a time. It's probably very much a question of habit, and I'm not in the habit of combining a lot of things at once. Also, some packs I practically never touch the content of - like Paradise Island and University. The only thing from University that I use is the Heat of the Moment Kiss interaction. Taking some packs out also seems to affect loading times in a good way.

What I have installed now are my faves - Generations, Into the Future, Seasons, and World Adventures. The older I get, the more I prefer simplicity and to stick with the same old things ;D

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2020, 11:21:16 PM »
i also love the heat of the moment kiss! and i use all of the expansion packs except pets because it makes my game crash, island paradise because of the lag problem and into the future. i can't stand matias singh though. i usually do object delete and remove him from my game making priscilla a widow. he always slaps people which annoys me to no end. but i like priscilla though. have you ever played billy caspian? the only thing i do is change his hair and traits because of the slob and inappropriate traits. try playing him some time. he might grow on you like he has me.