Author Topic: Do It As You Go/ISBI  (Read 6372 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Do It As You Go/ISBI
« on: September 11, 2020, 03:01:06 AM »
Hi, I was reading Nella's "Disaster in the Making" story and decided to give it a try. I'm doing the same combo. My founders are JC and Couch Quintero. My CAS rollers for him were white hair, yellow eyes, and ugly nose. For her it was blue hair, random traits of which insane actually came up, and name her for an object behind you. My couch is behind me and also a blanket on the couch, our window and vertical blinds and sheer curtains behind the blinds and a potted tree next to the couch. So Couch is the best choice, LOL. His traits are insane, unflirty, savvy sculptor, easily impressed, and SN skeptic. Her other traits are genius, natural cook, night, owl and inappropriate. I put her into the culinary career b/c of her natural cook trait. I put him into the athletic career b/c I felt like it is the easier of all of the rabbit hole jobs. He's not doing too bad. He's at lev 4 now. My first build roll was a panic room so I made that, my first event roll was "prisoners" where I had to merge my closest neighbors into my household. There was a family of 4 next to me so they became it. My next event roll was hair lice!! Everybody got a buzz cut, LOL My current event is "party time." I have to throw a party and invite as many neighbors as I can. Since the uncontrollable spouse gets 3 free actions, I decided to start w/plastic surgery. It went horribly wrong, lol I had to wait until his adult birthday for his next free action. He looks much better now. I also had to make the adult lifespan a tad bit longer so that she can complete her career before starting a family b/c I'm not allowed to "hire" a babysitter. She is at lev 7 now so it won't be long. Here are some pics.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

The small bldg next to the house is a small greenhouse for her Plum trees. She has an opportunity to bring in some "high quality plums" I hope I can do it before she needs to quit to raise her family. Oh, the reason she needs to quit is b/c both she and the hubby work nights.

Here are some pics of the buzz cut hair for the lice event.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I used his 1 free action to get some more plastic surgery and it went much better this time. That's it for now.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: Do It As You Go/ISBI
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 03:56:06 AM »
I threw the party and invited many of the towns people over. It was a modest success. I only had one complaint that I know. :)

Also, here is a much better looking JC now.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 10:32:04 PM »
My next Event roll was to have a "pizza party." I had to get all my sims fat which in this case was only Couch since I couldn't make him overeat. I had her eat the entire serving of dinner plus a bit more.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Afterwards I bought a treadmill so she could lose the weight. The next day he starts using it autonomously and she picks an argument w/him!!! I came up with "What do you think you're doing using MY treadmill you crazy old man??"

"Hey! What's up w/ you?

"You're not so sane yourself you know!"

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 01:01:20 AM »
On another note, Couch maxed her cooking skill and her career, thus fulfilling her ltw. It's also looking pretty good for JC who is lev 6 in the sports career now. Since I bought the treadmill, he works out autonomously now. :) *fingers crossed that he maxes the career!

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 10:09:41 PM »
Here is an update:  Couch had 3 children since JC got his nose fixed up. At first she had 1 little girl in spite of the fact that I tried for twins.

As you can probably see, I changed Kitty's eyes sinc eye color didn't come up w/her rolls. After Kitty was born, I had her try for a baby the next  day. This time, although I didn't try for twins, I got them! Here are Violet and Princess Leah as toddlers: Violet has the white hair like daddy

Then we have Violet and Princess Leah as children:

I kept Couch in her job for a little while longer so she could get the maternity leave pay. I had her quit on the last day after she got paid. In this case, I'm glad she didn't have to work! She just barely got the twins skilled in the basics when they aged up. This was b/c Kitty was still a toddler when the twins were born. I was trying  to skill Kitty up while taking care of Violet and Princess Leah. In this challenge, we have to skill the  toddlers the hard way w/o any special things like the toddler trainers from the store. I really miss those! Especially the swing that keeps the infant nice and comfortable. I found a way to get some more skills for them though w/o controlling them. I had Couch buy the toddler skill books and a xylophone and plunked those down. When one wasn't being trained, she was able to read the skill book. When she was finished w/that book, I had Couch pick her up and tickle her or whatever and then swap out the books while the baby was being held, lol. It's going to be interesting when the trips come.

Kitty's rolls are modest clothing, insane which I chose b/c the torch bearer/heiress must have the insane trait, and pretty princess.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 03:15:15 AM »
Here is tonight's update: All of the girls are teens now. Kitty who will be the TH (torch holder) is 4 days from becoming a YA, and the others 9 days. Here is Kitty:

Violet

and Princess Leah

Mom and Dad as elders:

My first event roll was "That was fast: Play the game at super speed (3). That was easy b/c that's the speed I normally play on, LOL My next even is still going on: "That's not my baby: Using edit town, pick a household w/a baby and merge the baby in w/your family. I chose their neighbor again (a different neighbor than the last time) and took their toddler into my household.

The story I came up with was Couch was desperate to get a son. She was sure that the adoption agency would turn her down b/c both she and her husband as well as her oldest daughter were all insane. Who would ever give a child into a household like that?? She came up w/a another plan; "I know what I'll do, I'll take somebody else's baby and raise him as my own. The neighbors frantically looked all over for their son, but could not find him. They reported him as missing to the authorities but they never found him. KItty, Violet, and Princess Leah never guessed. They just assumed that mom had adopted Marcus legally. JC also just assumed that his wife had legally adopted him. So nobody knew except Couch herself and she is almost at the end of her life now.

In other news, JC has an opportunity to "go to work and win a game for a performance boost in your career" which is very easy to accomplish. He needs this boost BIG time! I use his last free action as an elder to gain an athletic skill pt. I'm still hoping that he tops the career before he kicks the bucket.

UGH! All three teens woke up w/VERY full bladders. What do they do? They all swarm the bathroom and none would leave. They all wound up peeing themselves. :(

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 02:43:37 PM »
The three teens are all lovely!

I especially love Violet's shock, "What!?! I'm too beautiful to NOT be heir!"

Love your backstory for Couch stealing that male toddler!

It's so perfectly logical- for an insane sim! lol

Does Kitty have a boyfriend yet? Someone completely oblivious about what he's getting into!!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 04:15:53 PM »
No, not yet. Up to date, I can't control her yet. I'm not sure when I switch control over to her as the heiress. At that time, both mom and dad become uncontrollable. Couch still has a few pts to go yet before she gets a nice big headstone on her grave. Surprisingly, JC has more lifetime pts than Couch!! As for JC, he did get a very nice BIG boost in his career from that opportunity. This may well help him to top it. Without this boost, he may well have not made it.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 07:44:05 PM »
Here is the story I came up with for JC's victory throw for his game.

"Announcer speaking:

"Ladies and gentlemen. Tonight's game is the big game of the season. We have our teams Sunset Valley Origins and Mesa Valley Giants."

Skipping the first 3 quarters.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is it. We're almost at the end of the 4th quarter now. It looks like Sunset Valley Origins is slightly ahead in score. It's going to be close. We're almost at the end of the quarter now and this will be the game of the season. At the last minute Crazy JC of the Mesa Valley Giants attempted to make a basket and would have made it, but accidentally got fouled. Because of that, he gets a free throw. If he makes this, it will be the game. This is the critical shot folks. Let's see if he can do it."

JC stood there and calculated the distance, angle, and strength it would take to get that ball in. He shot and the ball landed directly into that basket!! The crowds just roared w/excitement and victory!

"WOW!! He made the shot!! This is it folks! Mesa valley Giants are the champions and heroes this year thanks to Crazy JC. The team carried him on their shoulders all the way out of the stadium. He is their hero."

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 08:03:39 PM »
If I remember the rules correctly, once a teen who's eligible for torch bearer, which just means being a child of the previous one and having the insane trait, ages to young adult, you have to decide immediately after their birthday if they are going to be the new torch bearer.

If not, they move out, and play continues with the the previous torch bearer still playable.

If you decide to make that one the new torch bearer, the parents, if still alive, must quit their jobs and then that sim is the only controllable one.

I couldn't do it! I loved Daisy, her boyfriend, and her triplet siblings too much and started playing them all for a bit. lol

Congrats Crazy JC on that winning basket for the championship!

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 08:18:17 PM »
I want JC to top the career if possible so it might be a few days yet. That opportunity did give him a nice big boost in performance so we'll see. He only has 5 athletic pts though.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2020, 04:21:02 PM »
YAY! JC did top his career and his ltw! That opportunity really gave the critical boost that he needed. If not for that, he would never have made it on the last day of his elder life bar. For some reason or another, this particular sim just for the most part, will not work out on his own! Others will and even ones who do not have the athletic trait, but not him! He'd much rather stand around and block traffic to the fridge or toilet or shower talking to himself, LOL. We'll see how much longer he sticks around, lol Now I will make Kitty active after having both Couch and JC quit (she had a wish to join the athletic and science careers and so those were very easy to fulfill. She still may only get a med tombstone though. We'll see.

We'll also see what the next gen does. Hopefully I can find a rh job that will match his ltw.

Offline Nella

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2020, 03:43:48 PM »
LOL to JC's changing face through the different updates!
I'm happy you started this thread, I love reading what others are doing with this crazy combo of a challenge! You're already ahead of me  :P.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2020, 11:02:55 PM »
In this update: Couch has passed on at 110 days! JC is still hanging on at 119! Marcus grew up to a YA and kitty has taken over now and is married. I had a really hard time getting them to the point of marriage too. I'm not even sure why except that he's brave. He doesn't have the "commitment issues" trait either. He is in the music career. Here are some assorted pics.

First of all now that JC is retired, now he decides to work out!!! Go figure!

In one conversation between him and Couch. What is so funny is that couch is a genius, LOL

Down w/Geniuses!

Marcus as a teen before the makeover

Marcus as a YA I obviously tweaked his appearance. He was pretty ugly. IN the first shot, his hair was much longer.

As a child though, almost every night he would ask for a bedtime story.

One teen boy came home w/one of the girls and proceeded to insult Violet:

Just get out of here!

Couch's Tombstone

Marcus Chatting w/Grim

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2020, 02:05:25 AM »
I found a way to get him to play his guitar. I put the tv into the family inventory and put the bookcase up on the roof, LOL He does have a computer and a chessboard, but hasn't touched the comp yet and seldom does the chess. Nothing like a little manipulation, lol

anything