Author Topic: Imaginary Friend didn't age up to teen  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Madi

• Nooboo
Imaginary Friend didn't age up to teen
« on: October 12, 2020, 03:51:39 AM »
Hello! This is my first time posting on this forum by the way! I've searched far and wide for a solution to my issue but I haven't found ANY answers. I was hoping someone could help me??

My sim Claire has an imaginary friend. She played with it, named it Sam, and when she grew up into a child, the doll aged up with her. Their relationship bar was completely full. I sent Claire to prep school, the imaginary friend went to follow her and when she left, went into its doll form.
Now Claire is a teen, but her imaginary friend is still a doll. I've left it on the floor and it hasn't re-animated or aged up. I have Nras, and I got a notification saying there was an error when triggering age transition for Sam, her imaginary doll. So it looks like the game tried to age him up, but couldn't sing he was a doll.
Now my Teen can only hold him. She still has a full relationship with her doll, but the imagine is blank. I tried having her younger sister play with the doll, and still nothing.
I have Nras master controller, is there any cheat that I could do to try and trigger the doll to animate and age up? I tried searching around before, and it still shows the Imaginary friend as a child in the game, when really its in doll form. Any solutions would be helpful please!!

I assume sending the Sim to prep school was what caused the game to glitch since the imaginary friend was in doll form for so long. I really want this to work out, I was planning on her getting married to her doll. Luckily her younger sister has a doll now so there's a backup.. but I'm looking for any possible solutions!!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Imaginary Friend didn't age up to teen
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 10:59:01 AM »
The IF dolls are very buggy. You assume correct that sending your Sim to prep school is what glitched the doll. The IF dolls don't travel, and when their owners travel, it has a high chance of glitching the doll.

If you have a save from before you sent your Sim away, that is the best way I can think of to allow them to keep their relationship and be able to interact with each other and grow up together so they can get married.

The IF doll only can interact with it's "owner". That is why your Sim's sister wasn't able to do anything with it.

I am not aware of a cheat that can help via Nraas MasterController. You may have to ask about it over there.

https://www.nraas.net/community/home

If you'd like to trying to go back to a previous save, see the post linked below:

Go Back to a Previous Save
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg433992#msg433992
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Madi

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 11:20:22 AM »
Ah okay, unfortunately a lot has happened since my sim was a child so I don't really want want to go so far back in my save. I think I'll just try again with her younger sister, at least now I learned my mistakes!

Do you know of a correct way to get rid of the glitched doll? If I just delete the object should that solve the issue? I really don't want the IF possibly glitching my game even further.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 11:24:08 AM »
It's best to gift them to another Sim. Trying to delete the doll could cause issues with the save.  I've tried deleting the doll as a test and I ended up having to go back to a previous save.

Once you make the doll real you shouldn't have any problems with them. They become a regular Sim. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything