Author Topic: Image Issue  (Read 1803 times)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Image Issue
« on: October 26, 2020, 04:38:47 PM »
Hullo there :)

I've noticed as of late that my attached images are not all loading. Instead of the image, only the name of the attachment is displayed. Every time I refresh the page, the images not loading differ.

I haven't checked if there is a problem if the image is a direct link from an external host since I just upload them as inserted attachments.

Any advice? Should I start using an image host instead? Thanks in advance!

~Nindigo

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Image Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 05:57:52 PM »
Hullo there :)

I've noticed as of late that my attached images are not all loading. Instead of the image, only the name of the attachment is displayed. Every time I refresh the page, the images not loading differ.

I haven't checked if there is a problem if the image is a direct link from an external host since I just upload them as inserted attachments.

Any advice? Should I start using an image host instead? Thanks in advance!

~Nindigo

Hello Nindigo,

Your image is fine, I had to right-click the picture attachment "screenshot-" with the number and then click "load image" @Carl might be able to check to see what's causing it to show like that, but it's there, just being stubborn on wanting to be seen.

Shannon

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 07:59:47 AM »
Hi! Okies and thanks :)

It just happened again with my latest update.

Also, when I went to the first page of my thread, I got a white page with an error message signed 'gninx' or 'ningx' or something.

Any idea what that is?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 07:00:50 PM »
The nginx error is a server error if I am correct. That will need to be looked into by Carl.

Thank you for letting us know of the posting/editing issues. Carl's been trying to work on them for a little while now.

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 07:17:17 AM »
Happy to be of help. If a friend is sick then you want them to feel better, right? <3

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2020, 10:31:06 AM »
I think we are bumping up against some type of limit due to the amount of images that need to be loaded in threads like this. It's sometimes a couple hundred images+ to pull up a thread and I'm not sure which limit it might be. There are a few possible culprits (and of course increasing those limits could have other impacts). I noticed several images missing when I load the page, but wonder if  people on slower net see a lower % of them loading, as that might give us some idea what needs to be changed.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2020, 11:07:25 AM »
I am not sure what you mean by "slower net" but I have high speed DSL, one of fastest Cox has but not the most expensive. I am having problems loading them unless I right click and click to load image.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2020, 01:15:15 PM »
I've started to use an external image host instead of using inserted attachments. So far, it seems to fix the issue for me at least.

It's inconvenient, of course, now that I'm so used to simply grab photos from my little Browse "bag" ;D

anything