Author Topic: Boredom  (Read 1246 times)

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
Boredom
« on: November 25, 2020, 10:21:07 PM »
hello and happy thanksgiving everybody!

not sure if it was asked before, and if so, i'm sorry but i am wondering if any of you are bored playing sims 3 or 4 and what do you do to keep it fresh?
thanks!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Boredom
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 11:59:36 PM »
This topic was asked about in the current past.

What do you do when your out of ideas and lack inspiration?
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=31767.msg506087#msg506087

When I'm "bored" with Sims 3 I go play different games or focus on different projects till my Sims call me back to the game. lol!! I find I get called back to the game rather quickly. :)

Maybe try out new careers or skills you haven't played? Look for inspiration from other members' stories?
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 11:31:51 AM »
I feel it is quite alright to take a break now and then. For me, inspiration always returns. It is when I try and force myself to play, that I grow really weary of a game - and the longer it will take for me feel inspired a new. In my experience, we must allow ourselves some recharging. I believe all fields of creativity share this, that the "artist" have some periods of rest followed by ones of inspiration and productivity. Authors have to leave a work in progress now and then, and then return to it when they feel the ideas are coming back or taking them in a new direction.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 03:27:09 PM »
thanks for replies! i did look for other posts about this but i didn't find any so thank you mrs. flynn for the link and thanks nindigo for your response. yeah, i think i need to take a break because while i have a few great saves, i get a bit bored of the playing, especially then appliances keep breaking every other day lol!  so in the meantime i am playing my hidden objects games and reading until i get the urge to play again. i won't delete the games this time, i'll just leave them in save mode until i get inspired to play again. Happy Thanksgiving gang! be safe!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 03:42:25 PM »
You're welcome!!

Great idea to just leave the saves until you feel inspired again.

Happy Thanksgiving too you too!!
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *