Author Topic: Adding xml into package files?  (Read 2452 times)

Offline RainaElf

• GrandmaSim
  • Llama Wrangler
  • over the river & through the woods
    • Fragile Winds
Adding xml into package files?
« on: November 27, 2020, 02:01:21 PM »
i'm not really sure where this should go. but i have (another) question for y'all.

a lot of the houses i download don't seem to have the xml line included and the lot descriptions are often bare. i know how to fix the lot descriptions. but is there a way to add in the xml information? import? code?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Adding xml into package files?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 03:34:13 PM »
I've notice when I build lots and save them out from the Library folder (in .package format) they don't have an xml file either (when lot is viewed in S3PE). So I've done some testing.

I converted one of my lots from a .Sims3Pack file to a .package file and found it has an xml file.

It seems the xml file gets created when the lot gets saved as a .Sims3pack file.

I don't know how to create or add one to an already existing .package file other than to re-save the lot as a .Sims3Pack file and then convert it back to a package file that will then have an xml file included in the .package file.

I'm not sure if this will help but when I searched on How to create a xml file Sims 3, these tutorials came up.

Tutorial:Sims 3 XML Tuning Modding
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorial:Sims_3_XML_Tuning_Modding

How to Make an XML Tuning Mod
http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUploadsRemote/uploads/1613/How_to_Make_an_XML_Tuning_Mod.pdf
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainaElf

• GrandmaSim
  • Llama Wrangler
  • over the river & through the woods
    • Fragile Winds
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 08:00:50 PM »
I converted one of my lots from a .Sims3Pack file to a .package file and found it has an xml file.

interesting. i'll check out those tutorials. thank you! :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 11:17:40 PM »
You're welcome!!

If you're able to figure out a better way to add an xml file into a package file, please do post about it. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything