Author Topic: Avilla TownieDecaDynasty Part 30 (Feb-3)  (Read 10817 times)

Offline Chubling

• Occult
Re: Avilla TownieDecaDynasty Part 7: The Double Trouble (30/4)
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2021, 12:13:16 PM »
Surprise twins! I feel like I always get them when I want them and never when I do. You have a very full house! Good luck!

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2021, 12:50:11 PM »
Asteria looks a lo like her mom, which is good because Lanya is beautiful. Good luck with twins!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2021, 10:16:32 AM »
Surprise twins! I feel like I always get them when I want them and never when I do. You have a very full house! Good luck!
Oh, that's pretty much how it always works, but they're cute so I can't complain. Thanks!

Asteria looks a lo like her mom, which is good because Lanya is beautiful. Good luck with twins!
IMO, they're pretty much identical, and I love that so much. Thank you, I'll need it!

Part 8:All The Birthdays
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

We are starting off the birthday update with Mew's birthay. Poor kitten got confused with all the sparkles.

But she grew up into a beautiful cat.

I planned to throw birthday parties for everyone's birthday, but honestly I completely forgot about Lanya and Isaac so they aged up on their own.

Sparkles didn't hit Isaac until he was done with work so that actually made him a day younger than his wife. It comes as no surprise that they both got midlife crisis.
Isaac: „I wanna flirt with someone else!“
No.
Lanya: „I want a new car!“
That I can do, even though we need to save up the money, but I guess having a car that reduces bills could work.

Next up were the twins. I aged them up early in the morning because I just can't do babies anymore

That is a picture of Bia aging up... I really don't understand why she couldn't be put down anywhere that's not in the snow.

But they sure are adorable. Bia reminds me a little bit of Isaac, while Bacchus is just another Lanya clone.

I had to get them the playpen and the walker because both Isaac and Lanya are so close to reaching their LTWs and all the training would just slow them down.

I thought they'd like it, but Bacchus doesn't seem to be having too much fun.

Our heir did get the birthday party I promised everyone will have. That is Lindy hidden behind the balloons. She actually always keeps a low profile when she's over, which is quite surprising. Maybe married life changed her, not sure I like that too much.

Asteria became a Natural Born Performer (added to Virtuoso, Athletic, and Artistic). I wanted her to be a Singer, but the ballet pole that she has in her room gave her a different idea, she popped a wish to become an Acrobat. She is athletic so it makes sense, also it helps me with her supermax. I know athletic skill is not the best SM this early in the Dynasty, but I am usually quite bad when it comes to my sims maxing a skill even when I want them to, so I think we'll be fine.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

And wow, isn't she just stunning? When I put her next to Lanya, I can see how similar they are, except maybe the lips, which are still close. Only the hair colour and skin tone are from Isaac.

She is a great sister to her, often crossed-eyed, siblings. I wanted to see any similarities between these two, but Bia is just not making it easy for me.

A rare normal-eyed picture shows just how cute these kids are. Seriously, I don't think I had a starter family this pretty!

And they love playing together while mom works. They are not that needy as toddlers thankfully, especially since they learned their skills quite quickly.

Isaac did most of the potty training, that's the only thing he did actually, he wasn't at home much with all the concerts and guitar playing around town.

It worked out for him, because a couple of days after his adult birthday, he became a Rock Star and fulfilled his LTW! Now he only does concerts and autograph signings and can spend more time with his family. Congrats, Isaac!
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Avilla TownieDecaDynasty Part 8:All The Birthdays (17/6)
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2021, 10:31:16 AM »
Athletic isn't a terrible first skill! You just need to rule out some jobs in plans for later generations unless you wanna exploit the workaholic trait like a real pro. ;)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2021, 10:39:23 AM »
Athletic isn't a terrible first skill! You just need to rule out some jobs in plans for later generations unless you wanna exploit the workaholic trait like a real pro. ;)
The only issue it might present is for the Firefighter career, which I love doing but I might need to skip out on just to be completely safe.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2021, 11:00:16 AM »
Hmm, I'd level up the firefighter profession with handiness (hopefully enough to avoid the small fire emergencies, they're super buggy), grab Entrepreneurial Mindset as an LTR, and only use athletic when needed?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Nella

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2021, 07:45:18 PM »
Asteria is so pretty, but being the clone of her mother it couldn't be otherwise.
Good update!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2021, 04:42:55 AM »
Hmm, I'd level up the firefighter profession with handiness (hopefully enough to avoid the small fire emergencies, they're super buggy), grab Entrepreneurial Mindset as an LTR, and only use athletic when needed?

Sounds like a good plan to me, thank you for the advice!

Asteria is so pretty, but being the clone of her mother it couldn't be otherwise.
Good update!

Thank you! I couldn't agree more, some of the prettiest sims I've had in game so far.

Part 9: Lookin' for Love

Being a Rock Star with a Mid-life crisis definitely made an impact on Isaac, except for constant wishes to flirt with someone else (he and Lanya are still  much in love), he wished for some facial hair. Honestly, it works very well on him.
Isaac: „I can't even look at myself, the handsomeness is just too much!“

Our heir finally meets an eligible teen in school and goes to visit his house after class.

Nigel Martin is not the kindest person at first, but he does have a really nice house and he is not bad looking ( if you ignore the nose of course)
Nigel: „You are a loser, like what is even is the name Asteria“

Asteria: „Well, if we do our homework on Greek Mythology you will find out.“
Nigel: „Wow, a goddess of the shooting stars, that is actually kinda cool!“
They spent the rest of the day chatting and getting along, I just wish they could've started without him insulting her...

Isaac holds his first autograph signing, and honestly, the turnout is quite bad. Like, only 6 or 8 sims show up.
Mercedes: „OMG, I can't believe I got an autograph, this could actually be worth some money if he ever gets actually famous!“

Back home, things are as they usually are. Lanya manages to do some writing while the twins play together. Oh, and the creepy spring gnome keeps an eye of the situation.

Asteria finds a neighborhood dog on their front porch and tries to hide it in her room. Cleo Dog showed up a few times before but I just didn't pay attention to it. Now Asteria brought it inside and wanted to keep it.
Lanya: „Did I just hear barking coming from your room?“

Asteria: „What? Barking? Oh, it's the new song I'm listening...“
Lanya: „You kids really need to rethink your music choices these days.“

She's lucky her parents are so into each other that they don't notice Cleo is still hanging around.

Asteria: „Do you think they'll freak out when they realize I've been hiding someone's dog in my room for days?“
Honestly, I wouldn't stress about it, you have more important things to focus on right now.

Her prom went well. Except getting into a fight, (I mean, that's just standard procedure in this game by now) she gets voted Prom Queen and also gets Nigel as her Romantic Interest. The bad thing is, he aged up right after the prom which makes him around 10 days older than her. I  mean it's not too bad, but they don't actually have the chance to be highschool sweethearts I want them to be.

Cleo Dog is now almost a member of the family and no one seems to mind. He even gets along with Mew quite well.

Even Lanya seems to enjoy the new (unofficial) family member.
Asteria: „She lectured me about hiding dogs in my room and now I don't even get the chance to play with the dog that she didn't want in the first place!“

The ol' pup still loves being around Asteria the most, I wonder if his actual owners miss him ( or her, I'm not sure tbh).

This screenshot is meant to show Lanya fulfilling her LTW, but things in the house are sometimes just so hectic that I almost forgot why I took it.

Lanya: „I just want one second of peace and quiet around here, I mean, the only inspiration I get are the twins.“
That is true, her latest novels are named „The Twin Terror“ and „Two  Aliens“.

Luckily, it's time for them to age up!

Bia's traits are Friendly, Genius and Brave.

And her twin also got the Brave trait to go with Good and Genius. They are really cute and really similar, I don't see much of Isaac in Bia anymore, the Avilla genes are definitely going strong.

Asteria: „...and then, the monster hid under the bed to eat the twins while they slept!“
When I said you are a good older sibling I didn't think that includes you scarring them for life.

Bia: „Dibs on the top bunk! I'm not risking any monsters!“

Bacchus : „ ..... We're gonna need two top bunks!!!!“
That Brave trait is really coming through...

Offline Beks

• Immortal
Re: Avilla TownieDecaDynasty Part 9:Lookin' For Love (27/7)
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2021, 09:47:43 AM »
Loving this so far! I love how Brave kiddos seem to spend extra time checking for monsters...and then still get scared when they find them. :P All three kids are beautiful and I can't wait to see them grown up!

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2021, 02:51:43 AM »
Okay, Nigel won't be a teenage sweetheart, but that nose! It's so good! Get them genes!

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2021, 05:36:07 PM »
 Cute kiddos! I agree with Chubling, get that nose.  :P

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2021, 05:48:43 AM »
Loving this so far! I love how Brave kiddos seem to spend extra time checking for monsters...and then still get scared when they find them. :P All three kids are beautiful and I can't wait to see them grown up!
I guess they have to grow into the Brave trait before it actually starts working. Thank you!

Okay, Nigel won't be a teenage sweetheart, but that nose! It's so good! Get them genes!

Cute kiddos! I agree with Chubling, get that nose.  :P
Oh, yeah, the nose and the house are his only good traits tbh.

Part 10: Broken Hearts and Family Times

Asteria took the twins out to a park as a way of apologizing for scarring them last night, although when they got there it seemed like she wasn't there to swing and slide.

Of course... She used the twins as an excuse to meet up with her boyfriend.

Bia: „I knew this is why she wanted to take us out, but you'd think she would be happy to see the guy.“
You're right, the look on her face isn't promising.

Asteria: „Listen Nigel, it's not that I don't like you, but you're just so mean to me all the time. And I want to be with someone who makes me happy and is not Grumpy all the time. I know there's a Best kid who I've hadn't yet met, so I want to meet him and see how that goes. Bye, Nigel.“

Nigel: „You haven't met the Best kid 'cuz their family moved out years ago! I'm your only chance and you're making a big mistake. I know I'm Grumpy, Mean Spirited and Over Emotional, but I do care about you and I wanted to make this work. I even went to your dad's autograph signing to make him like me.“

That is true, Nigel was at Isaacs first signing and he seemed quite nervous to meet him. His traits are really bad, but what he said about the Best family is also true. I don't even know for how long their family house stood empty and he was her only chance. Well, I will see if there are any original townies who became vampires  and maybe consider them as spouses after she cures them. But, for now, our heir is single.

First thing her mom did when Asteria arrived home was give her a hug. She didn't ask any questions but she could see that her daughter had a rough day.

Her siblings then invited her to a game of hopscotch to try and cheer her up, and even let her win.

The next day everyone went to the festival to have some decent family time. Even the Luck household was there. Can you guess who won the eating contest? Of course, it was Asteria, she beat three adult men without any problems.

Meanwhile, Lanya reconnected with Lindy. She and her twin lost their relationship since she moved out. They tried to work on it though.

This really is a cute family.

Isaac's next autograph signing went much better. He started and the Flying V's that the family now owns, but ended it at a karaoke bar next door because he tried to catch up with everyone that came.
Lindy: „ISAAAAAAC! WOOOO! My brother-in-law!!! I know we're family and I see you all the time but now you're famous and I want everyone to know I know you!!!“

Lindy: „This will be worth so much money so I can build a pool house for Chad since I can't kick him out and he's annoying me all the time.“
Isaac: „I'm so glad to hear you are getting along with my brother...“
Who are you to judge, you've had a wish to hang out with Wylie for days now but you're always too busy.

Soon came the twins' birthday, and they invited a bunch of kids from school to try and see if there's anyone who's not a newspaper deliverer.( Spoiler alert: most of them were NPCs)

Almost immediately the kids were sent to the cakes, of course, followed by a bunch of inappropriate sims.

Speakinf of inappropriate sims, Isaac and Lindy reconnected with some dancing. Thankfully, it was only dancing, but still, Asteria's not thrilled.

Now that they're older, they don't resemble each other that much. Bacchus is another Lanya clone while I'm not sure where Bia's face shape comes from, it's long but not the same as Lanya's. Bacchus is now Family- Oriented, while Bia got a Cat Person trait.

No matter the differences, these two are still best of friends and love each other very much.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
Re: Avilla TownieDecaDynasty Part 10:Broken Hearts and Family Times (Aug-5)
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2021, 05:06:50 AM »
Part 11: Rodeo Romance

The kids only shared one day as teens and they spent it the way they know best, a hopscotch tournament. Bia is usually the one who wins these things.

Early in the next day it was time for Asteria to age up to a young adult and get going on her requirements.
Asteria: „Daddd! Could you at least put on some clothes?!“

Our heir gets her makeover at the salon as a birthday gift from me. She is a clone of her mother, just stunning. She adds Star Quality as her final trait.

First order of business is to join the Acrobat career, which she does in a karaoke bar next door. I've been noticing lately that Starlight Shores residents tend to show affection in public quite often. Whether it's arguing or making out (remember Asteria's first birthday party?). Makes me wish Stroy Progression is still a thing *sigh*

Almost immediately after getting the job she's off to perform for tips.

She's doing, uh, fine...

She needs to become more athletic so she will suck less, and her mom is there to encourage her. But no need for too much encouragement, we don't need you to max the skill Lanya.

Next day she has her graduation, she was voted the class valedictorian, got the highest honor and Most likely to become a sports star.
Isaac: „I'm hungry, why don't we all go to the coffeehouse to celebrate?“

They do, and Asteria uses the opportunity to audition for her first gig. She did manage to buzz through the first couple of levels by playing for tips and exercising. She still doesn't look too confident.

And she actually got the gig! Well, maybe the fact that her family owns the place helped a lot. I never had sims get the first audition they try at.

Altough confident, she is still nervous about her first show and tries to calm down with some ballet at home. She uses the time to do some thinking about her future.
Asteria: „You know, I've been thinking about Nigel a lot lately, it wasn't fair of me to dump him just because he was mean to me once. And that was when we've just met, I just can't get him out of my head.“
I just hope it isn't the fear of not finding anyone else that's saying that but it is true, with all of his bad traits, he wasn't mean to her more than that first time. In the real world that is still a major red flag, but in the sims, it's actually. When I remember how badly Lindy had it with her hot-headedness, it makes Nigel seem like a really nice guy. (and we really don't have many options, if any)

So she invited him out the next day. The place was a hot spot so I sent Isaac there as well to play for tips.
Isaac: „I'm just trying to set the mood for the lovebirds over there, I do want them to work out“
You're just saying that because he was at the autograph signing...

They do work it out. And at the same place where Lanya and Isaac met, maybe the Rodeo Go-Go has a special romantic aura.

Oh, it definitely does. I just wish making out and moving out weren't the only things that can happen in this game.

Making up with Nigel inspired her and Asteria's first performance went quite well actually. Her parents were there to cheer her on.

I love how proud and excited Lanya looks.

Even Nigel shows up to support his girlfriend.
Nigel: „Wow, she is quite stretchy.“
Isaac: „I am right here young man.“

Her aunt Lindy also showed up to show some support for her favourite niece. (I'm not even sure she met the other two.)

She does have a different view on what support means. I think she misses being in the center of attention

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
Re: Avilla TownieDecaDynasty Part 11: Rodeo Romance (Aug-12)
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2021, 03:11:52 PM »
Part 12: Old Love, New Love

Our heir's relationship was going very well, she and Nigel had a romantic moment in the rain, watched by a nosy propertior.
Propertior: „Aww these two remind me of the book I just read, about a girl who falls in love with a vampire. I think she deserves a gig here just for that.“
Oh, yeah, Nigel is now a vampire... His mom was one for ages, I hope she wasn't the one to turn him. Luckily, we have a cure ready in Asteria's inventory.

Asteria: „Oh, Nigel, I just love that sickly vampire hue on you.“
Nigel: „And I love your new cat whiskers, honey.“

Twins' teen life was like you would imagine a teen life be. They went trick or treating and didn't even bother to change into costumes. But bothered to egg the house a second after ringing the bell.

But luckily the neighbours didn't catch them and were still quite generous.

They also went to prom( Bacchus worked at the spa and caught up with Bia at school). Won King and Queen, Bacchus got into a fight and scored a RI with Janet Hyman, a girl whose family just moved into town.

Back home, their parents used the opportunity of an empty house to hook up behind the garage in their underwear.

Even though Lanya and Isaac behave like a couple of hormonal teenagers, they were quite far from that. It was time for Lanya's elder birthday, another one I forgot about...

Lanya: „Really, again? You'd think as a founder I'd get at least some sort of celebration?“

Isaacs birthday hits the next day at the park, and who is there for him?

Lindy, of course. I know it's too late, but I'm worried if I picked the wrong one for Isaac. These two are still best friends after years and years. Luckily, there hasn't been any flirting lately.

Lanya is an adorable elder, especially loved by Mew. Although I am trying to avoid them becoming best friends just in case. Ugh, I just hate the tombstone requirement.
Lanya: „The what?!“

Um..., isn't Mew just adorable?

Now that they're both older, they do what most elders do, nothing. Well Lanya still writes sometimes and Isaac performs a show every couple of days, but most of the time they just chill. They both have over 150k in lifetime happiness points so I don't even bother to micromanage them anymore.

Their favourite pastime is going to Asteria's shows. They're always in the first row cheering her on.

Bacchus loves his sister and her shows, but being a teenager her prefers to spend time with his lady. I wish there were some original townies for him and Bia, but at least this one lives in town.

Ahh, they are really cute. If only she didn't have that hair colour. Ugh, I just hate that hair colour.

Bacchus just couldn't stop with all the wishes about Janet, so I sent them on another date.

Where they finally made it official. I like the hat choice, it hides the hair colour.

Meanwhile, poor Bia got caught after curfew because her Charisma class ran a bit late( or I sent her out really late, oops)

Asteria: „How dare you stay out that late and interrupt me and my microwave dinner?! When I was your age...“
Bia: „I was literally taking a class so I can help you, and this is how you thank me?“

Asteria: „Oh, then we're good. You're lucky mom and dad are asleep.“

Speaking of Asteria's requirements, our heir is doing well in her career, has 4 opps done, the family owns a building, but that's pretty much all. I really need to start focusing more on her requirements. I'll have Bia start on the NPC's and BFF's, and I still have no clue what to do with the collection. I should've planned this out sooner...

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Re: Avilla TownieDecaDynasty Part 12: Old Love, New Love (Aug-26)
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2021, 05:37:49 PM »
That hair color always makes me think what EA was thinking when they made it.

Good job with Asteria's requeriments so far!