Author Topic: The Royal Random Town LEPacy  (Read 5330 times)

Offline Beks

• Immortal
The Royal Random Town LEPacy
« on: September 06, 2022, 10:08:08 AM »
The Royal Random Town LEPacy

Bonjour! I’m back with a new story, even though I already have another story, the Buslingthorpe Life States Dynasty, going strong. Between dynasty play sessions I’ve found myself missing the Random Town Jump Project. So I’m doing it again. With a twist!

This is sort of a cross between the Random Town Jump Project and the LEPacy Challenge. I wanted to change “lepacy” to “lexpansioncy” for this story because the first word sounds like “leprosy” and I’ve never liked it, but we’ll leave it as is for the sake of tradition.

In the RTJ, you start with one family in a town of your choice, and when the next generation grows up, you move to them to a new, randomized town for a fresh start. In the LEPacy Challenge, you basically play a traditional legacy, but the first generation begins with only the base game installed. Then as you progress through the generations, you gradually add in expansion packs, focusing on the contents of each one as you go. For this story, we’re combining the two!

Click the links above for full rule sets. I will almost certainly be breaking rules in the spirit of having more fun. Here are a few specifications for this particular story:
  • I will start with base game only (plus a couple of stuff packs). I have chosen my starting town and starting family; after that, towns and expansion packs will be randomized in some way. Certain towns are tied to expansion packs, so if I roll one of those towns, I’ll go with that EP next. If I roll a town that’s not attached to an EP, I will choose or roll which EP to install with it.
  • In each generation, I will aim to use as much content from the chosen EP as possible, and complete Lifetime Wishes I’ve never done before.
  • I will not be playing with Island Paradise. I wish I could, but I need to have a working game, thanks. I also do not have Into The Future.
  • Mods installed: NRaas Story Progression, Master Controller, Debug Enabler, ErrorTrap, GoHere, Mover, Overwatch, Register, Retuner, Tagger, Woohooer. I’m also using a mod called Moar Interactions, which is responsible for a lot of interactions you might see throughout the story.
  • Cheats are allowed for tweaks and things when absolutely necessary.

And now, allons-y!

Royal Family Tree

Chapters

Town #1: Lunar Lakes - Base Game
Chapter 1 - Bonnie & Clyde Of The Moon (Except Not)
Chapter 2 - Behind The Shades
Chapter 3 - Pit Stop
Chapter 4 - Seven Identical Loveseats
Chapter 5 - Skills
Chapter 6 - Playgrounds & Parties
Chapter 7 - Filthy Surroundings
Chapter 8 - Mooches Smooches
Chapter 9 - The View From The Hospital
Chapter 10 - Just a Peck
Chapter 11 - Record Time
Chapter 12 - Falling Into Place
Chapter 13 - Saliva & Sunsets

Town #2: Aurora Skies - Generations
Chapter 14 - Northern Wherever
Chapter 15 - Shower Dye
Chapter 16 - Pink Cars Are Bad Luck
Chapter 17 - No Promises
Chapter 18 - Very Thin Ice
Chapter 19 - The Society Column
Chapter 20 - Red & Blue Stars
Chapter 21 - Reading the Phone Book
Chapter 22 - Responsibility
Chapter 23 - Sketchy Locales
Chapter 24 - Affiancing
Chapter 25 - Hoppin' & Passin' Out
Chapter 26 - Auroras & Bad Prose

Town #3: Monte Vista - Seasons
Chapter 27 - It's Raining Calzones
Chapter 28 - Swans & Belly Flops
Chapter 29 - Spooky Tax
Chapter 30 - Polar Bear Club
Chapter 31 - Anti-Lollipop

Offline Beks

• Immortal
Re: The Royal Random Town LEPacy
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 10:17:21 AM »
Chapter 1 - Bonnie & Clyde Of The Moon (Except Not)

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Our story begins far away from anywhere else a story has ever begun before. Well, for me, at least. I just picked up Lunar Lakes from the store after reading the bios of some of the Sims living there. This world is weird, man. Weird layout, weird buildings, weird stargate-like-things for rabbit holes, weird trees, weird colors, weird everything. But two Sims who live here piqued my interest, so I dove right in, eager to tell their story.

One of them lives at this (ahem) weird house that’s sort of shaped like an N for no reason I can figure out. It’s right near the Crystal Mines, which provide an eerily beautiful backdrop. Who knew that that shade of cyan grew in nature? The man in the moon, probably.

This is the home of Lars Royal, a jobless, skill-less, middle-aged guy with a wild personality (Daredevil, Excitable, Party Animal, Mooch, Kleptomaniac) and a bit of a “collecting” problem. His house is by far the strangest house I’ve ever played in - packed with stolen goods, with three actual dumpsters as living room decor, and all of it cohesively alarming in its color scheme. It’s so strange that I forgot to take any good interior screenshots.

The first thing Lars did when I pressed play was head for the stereo and start boogying down to classical music. I was so prepared for his bad boy side, but instead I got an immediate glimpse into who Lars really is: a sweet, kinda sentimental guy who just wants to listen to violin concertos and have a good time. So far, anyway.

You know what makes good times even gooder? Having a girl to share them with! After a brief solo dance party, Lars hopped on the phone and called up a woman he was “Distant Friends” with.

An hour or so later, Noela Spector arrived on the lot, looking rather…spectral.

As soon as I read about Noela Spector on the Sims Wiki, I wanted to play her. And when I read about Lars, I wanted to play him. And then I thought about playing them together. A vision unfolded vividly in my head: a daredevil duo, a Bonnie and Clyde of the moon, stealing things, wreaking havoc, hoarding stuff in their backwoods bunker painted in neon colors, and of course having a passionate, tumultuous romance. They were PERFECT for each other. I just knew it!

And they were already Distant Friends, so just a few simple interactions were needed and they’d be on their way to love!

“Hey, Noela. Thanks for coming over. How’s your day going?”

“Um, please don’t ask me about my day. I Dislike Children.”
“...”

Uh, yeah. That is literally what happened. Lars asked Noela about her day. Noela rejected the question. And I got the little notification that said “Lars has learned that Noela Dislikes Children.”

What?!

Okay, fine. New tactic.

“That’s no problem, Noela. We can work up to that.”
“What do you mean, ‘work up to that’?”
“Once we move in together. As founders of this Random Town Jump. That’s why you’re here, isn’t it?”
“I’m here because you called me and asked me to come over. I didn’t realize you were going to want to chat so much. And no one told me about this Random Town Jump. Is this one of those stupid watcher challenges?”

Within about five seconds, it became clear that Noela was…on the prickly side. I’d never had a Sim reject entirely neutral interactions before. “Chat”, “Gossip”, “Ask about day”, all of them got shot down.

Maybe Lars would get through by showing his Daredevil side?

“Oh my God, Lars. What is wrong with you?!”
“It’s just a bit of rock dust! Come on, Noela, live a little! I’ve collected everything on this lot, so I know where it came from. This is safe to eat as long as you spit it out afterward.”

That look of horror will probably follow me into my nightmares tonight.

Lars continued trying to improve their relationship with friendly socials, but Miss Spector was having absolutely none of it. The only interaction she accepted was “Ask about age” (part of a mod I have installed). She was perfectly happy to inform Lars that she was 33 days younger than him. But with anything else, she just got mad.

“Okay, Noela, I’m sorry if I came on too strong. But we have a lot in common, don’t you think? We both live on the fringes of this eerie moon town, we’re both criminals--”
“I’m going to stop you right there. You steal garbage from dumpsters that you dragged into your living room. I actually have a job at the Orbital Distribution Center. I’m the only real criminal here.”

Lars responded to this by popping a wish to “Meet someone new”. I’m not joking.

“Hey, how about this? I know a good joke about criminals! One time--”
“Don’t bother.”

“Noela, please. I’m just trying to be friends with you, that’s all.”
You’re the one asking all the boring questions. I take no responsibility here.”

Oh, dear. After hours of frustration, Lars finally gave up, and so did I. At least for the time being. During that painful conversation Lars also rolled a wish to throw a party. A party it is!

Lars and Noela did actually manage to squeak up into friends territory, but only because their group outing was technically a good one (even though Noela said the usual thing about “someone having unresolved issues”...you’re one to talk, Noela!). She even stuck around to throw her entire body into a dumpster before the party started.

At this point, I was at a loss for what to do. My plans for my founding couple had unraveled. I guess I should have known better than to assume my two chosen Sims would magically fall for each other. Maybe somebody promising would show up at the party? In the meantime, I decided to let Lars unleash his interior Party Animal. What did he have to lose?

Noela, apparently.

“How DARE you say ‘Wooo!’ to me. I am a LONER!

That might have been the final nail in the coffin. (Side note: I’m pretty sure Noela sleeps in a coffin.)

The party had surprisingly good turnout. Lars invited everyone he knew, which wasn’t a lot of people. They all started dancing to Lars’s classical station and sneaking bites of the autumn salad he’d made and left out after lunch.

It wasn’t long before somebody else caught Lars’s eye. He was already almost friends with Anais Wilheim, and when she came right up to him to ask him about his day, I immediately felt some relief. Finally, somebody actually pleasant to talk to!

It was a hoppin’ party. There aren’t a ton of activities to do in just base game, but luckily you don’t need any expansion packs to install NRaas Woohooer. People started making free use of Lars’s bed right out in the open. And no one batted an eye! (I think that’s a setting I need to adjust.)

Lars got talking to Anais again, even trying a little bit of a flirt - and there were sparks. (Upon considering Noela’s attractiveness, he’d declared her “pleasing to the eye”; Anais, however, was described as “blindingly stunning”.)

To top it all off, as the party was ending, Anais was the only guest to tell Lars that his party was great. Everybody else was all like, “Meh, it was all right.”

I was still a little devastated that my daring devilish duo had not materialized, but Lars really seemed to like Anais, and she was certainly treating him much better than Noela ever did. Maaaybe this was going somewhere good.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 11:50:34 AM »
I love how sims like to mess up our plans. ::)

Good start and I like the idea of mixing the two challenges.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2022, 01:35:28 PM »
I'd never even heard of a LEPacy until recently and then your story showed up pairing it with an RTJ challenge---no way I could resist reading it and I wasn't disappointed!

The two challenges mesh perfectly, and I can't wait to read more---bookmarked!!!

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 05:16:08 PM »
I love how sims like to mess up our plans. ::)

Good start and I like the idea of mixing the two challenges.

They always do that, don't they? Thank you for reading! :)

I'd never even heard of a LEPacy until recently and then your story showed up pairing it with an RTJ challenge---no way I could resist reading it and I wasn't disappointed!

The two challenges mesh perfectly, and I can't wait to read more---bookmarked!!!

Aww, thanks deedee! I'm having a lot of fun so far with the combined challenges.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2022, 05:26:53 PM »
Author's note: I've been playing this challenge at a frighteningly high speed, and thus I've got a lot of chapters to post. There might be a slight inundation of posts over the next few days. My sincerest apologies. :)

Chapter 2 - Behind The Shades

Monday morning dawned, and Lars had a free day ahead of him. Since he started the game with no job or skills, I decided to follow his wishes as much as possible. One of his wishes was to learn the cooking skill, so off he went to the library to starting reading cookbooks.

While he was there, he met a few ladies, some of whom he was attracted to. In spite of the hearts, though, they all turned out to be in relationships already.

After gaining a cooking skill point, Lars decided to call Anais and see if she was free to meet him after work. Anais happily agreed and showed up looking very cute in her journalism uniform.

Lars and Anais enjoyed an early dinner on the heavily shadowed patio of the bistro. Lars was probably making eyes at Anais here, but the man was too shy to take off his sunglasses. Or something.

Afterward they went to a movie. “Swollen Hearts” sounded like a romance to me, but as I waited outside the theatre, all I heard were the sounds of brawling. Kind of an odd name for what apparently turned out to be an action film set in a rowdy bar. Regardless, Lars invited Anais back to his house after their date. They made the looooong, long drive through the mountains in Lars’s painted Vorn P328.

They shared their first kiss in the light of Lars’s porch.

…And more than their first kiss. I just realized that Lars was not the first person to woohoo in this bed. Somebody else already christened it at the party yesterday. :o Well, it’s time Lars got to use it with a lady of his own.

Because the date went so well, and because Lars seemed so happy, and because Story Progression was starting to pair people off at lightning speed, Anais went ahead and joined the household. I didn’t change anything about her base-game appearance except her hairstyle. Her patchworky outfits were too cute and distinctive to change, anyway. Anais’s traits are quite lovely: Friendly, Slob, Artistic, Bookworm, and Inappropriate. That last one was a total surprise. She was the least inappropriate guest at Lars’s party! Anais likes Latin, French Toast, and Orange, and her Lifetime Wish is to be an Illustrious Author.

While I was at it, I finally popped Lars into CAS as well and got rid of the hat and sunglasses (at least for his everyday outfit). He’s so handsome! Lars, what are you doing hiding behind those shades all the time?! As a reminder, Lars’s traits are Daredevil, Excitable, Party Animal, Mooch, and Kleptomanic. He likes Classical music, Fruit Parfaits, and the color Black, and his LTW is to be a Renaissance Sim.

Somehow editing Lars in CAS created a glitch wherein the game suddenly thought he was in the journalism career, like Anais. I have no idea how that happened. He came out of CAS wearing a paper boy uniform, and the carpool even showed up to take him to work!

“Hi, Nebula Corporation Headquarters? Yeah, there’s been a mixup. I don’t work for you, I never have, and I probably never will. What? No, I’m not coming in for my shift! I’ll just mail back the uniform. Have a good day.”

I think it’s time to honor the career-related wish that Lars had been holding onto in his wish panel. Not that you’d know it from this screenshot, because all the rabbit holes in Lunar Lakes are identical rectangular stargates, but he decided to go in for the criminal career. I’m pretty sure he’ll be coworkers with Noela. That will be interesting.

Anais took the day off from work (probably causing even more confusion at the office) so that she could spend time with Lars. Or rather, so that Lars could put his plans into action.

“Where are we going, Lars? Is there something actually interesting at the top of all those stairs?”
“You’ll see.”

“Wow, it is a nice view up here, isn’t it?”
“IT’S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VIEW I’VE EVER SEEN AND I’M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE LANDSCAPE.”

Okay, Lars, let’s take it down a notch.

Surrounded by the serene wastelands of the moon or wherever the heck we are, Lars took Anais’s hand and asked her to officially be his girlfriend. She said yes, a little sheepishly.

“What about being my wife?”

Is there something in the water in Lunar Lakes that makes people’s eyes all glittery?

Awwww. Lars was a happy man, looking up into the face of his future bride. I think this was the right path for him. Forget Noela! True love wins!

The rest of the day was theirs to enjoy, so Lars and Anais headed back home to settle in and prepare for the wedding. Anais worked on her writing skill for work.

They also got plenty of practice in for the honeymoon.

“Hey babe, it’s still early enough for pancakes! You want some?”
“Maybe later, I…I don’t feel so good at the moment--”

Huh, how mysterious. Maybe she ate some bad salad at the party yesterday?

The wedding happened the following day. Lars and Anais arrived early at Crater Lagoon and killed time by, you know, doing couple-y things. For some reason this really bothered the other guests once they started trickling in.

“Ugh, PDA at a wedding? Who does that?!”

Ah, Noela! I was wondering if she’d show up. I guess she wasn’t too torn up about things not working out between her and Lars.

With everyone gathered, Lars and Anais stood at the edge of the pond and began their vows.

Ignore the jeering crowd. Some of them were nice and supportive.

Congratulations to the very first Mr. and Mrs. Royal!

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2022, 05:38:55 PM »
Chapter 3 - Pit Stop

As the ceremony ended and guests headed for the buffet table, Anais was once again overcome with a feeling of nausea. She quickly ran to the edge of the lot in an attempt to vomit discreetly into the weeds.

Instead, she just glitched herself out of the nausea moodlet. This happened several more times throughout the wedding. Maybe she was suffering from an unknown food allergy? I simply cannot think of another explanation!

With the reception in full swing, Noela actually came up to speak with Lars of her own accord - something I wasn’t expecting.

“Hey, Lars. Um…congratulations. You and Anais seem really sweet together.”
“Thanks, Noela. That means a lot coming from you.”

“And I’m sorry for being such a jerk the other day. I’ve just never been interested in becoming a playable. Maybe it’s because I come from such a strange family, I don’t know. I’d just rather live a quiet life.”
“A quiet life? You’re a criminal.”
“Yeah, and I’m a successful criminal because I wreak havoc quietly.”

“I get that. Thanks for saying all of that, Noela. I hope we can be friends.”

And to my surprise…I think they can. Noela started gossiping and joking around and being perfectly civil. (Lars also learned in the course of their conversation that Noela had acquired a boyfriend, in the form of Stefan Bayless. Yes, a Bayless. I think we can conclude that Lars is really not Noela's type.)

Look, they even did a friendly hug!

But Noela still hated it whenever Lars did the “Wooo!” interaction. :D

The party went on for several more hours. Guests danced, snacked, and chatted. The bride took solace in a book, which is 100% something I will be doing at my wedding, for the record.

The guests departed by sunset, leaving the happy couple to eat from the buffet and read in peace and quiet. Then, in the fading light, they stepped into Lars’s pickup truck and headed home.

They didn’t get far before Anais had to make a pit stop - and a discovery. The first baby of the Royal Random Town LEPacy was on its way!

“Lars, honey, I’m pregnant! You’re going to be a father!”
“Oh my gosh, already?! But we only Risky Woohoo’d four times!”

“I think this is the start of something beautiful, babe.”
“I quite agree.”

It was a happy time for a very happy couple. Lars was apt to swoon over his lady about every five minutes in the days after their marriage, and even more so after he knew about her pregnancy.

The rapture turned to terror once the labor pains hit, even if Anais herself wasn’t so bothered.

Lars, it’s okay! You’re not even the one giving birth! You’re fine!

“Let’s get to the hospital, darling. It’s such a long drive I’m afraid I might pop before we even get there.”
“But…but I…okay.”

She didn’t pop before she got there, but she did pop two seconds after she got there. Welcome to Lunar Lakes, Daphne Moon Royal!

Lars and Anais made it safely back to their house at 101 Road to Nowhere. They deposited baby Daphne in her crib and immediately attacked each other with a passion that is only possible with Autonomous Woohoo enabled. That glow in Anais’s eyes betrayed the new wish that had just appeared in her wish panel: to have a child with Lars. Girl, you gave birth TWO HOURS ago!

Well, time would tell. In the meantime, Lars went back to work at the Orbital Distribution Center. Anais was stalled in her journalism career due to maternity leave, so she took the opportunity to invite her boss over and see if she could wiggle a promotion out of her.

“You want a promotion, Mrs. Royal? Maybe try not getting knocked up. There’s no room for a successful career in the life of a mother.”

Anais didn’t get the promotion, but she did get a raise. Probably because she was the one who had to drive Paige to the hospital. Amazingly, after all this they were still best friends. And Anais got an extra “It’s a girl!” moodlet thanks to the birth of Paige’s daughter. Karma!

It was more than enough to keep Anais happy. This chick has a tendency to look a little vacant at times (I think it’s the unnaturally orangeish eyes), but she was continually expressive in her joy at being a mom.

And oh, would the joy continue! Baby #2 was on its way. I’d never had this much success with Risky Woohoo before. Usually I have to make my Sims woohoo about 9,000 times to get that 20% chance to register. (Why don't I just use Try for Baby, you ask? Because it has to happen naturally by accident according to totally random chance. Even if I have to force the odds myself! It is STILL NATURAL!)

A day or so later, Daphne aged up on the floor while her parents were busy skilling.

Although she got her mother’s skin tone, Daphne inherited a lot from her father, I think. Daphne revealed herself to be a Neurotic Loner with a liking for pop music, pancakes, and the color turquoise. It'll be interesting to see where life takes her.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2022, 11:21:25 AM »
I like Lars genes, luckily Dhapne inherited them. She's a beauty.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2022, 12:30:53 PM »
I like Lars genes, luckily Dhapne inherited them. She's a beauty.

Me too! I had a feeling he was gorgeous under those shades. 8)

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2022, 12:42:33 PM »
Chapter 4 - Seven Identical Loveseats

Daphne and her dad quickly became like two peas in a pod. Look how cute and similar their faces are!

Her favorite activity was playing inside the toy box.

Learning to walk made her a little nervous. Understandable, really, for a Neurotic todd. It’s a scary world out there, and that’s only the living room.

Playing with the xylophone brought out an intriguing angry streak that caused her to rumple her little face adorably.

Anais had a slightly less relaxing second pregnancy, what with writing articles for work (she’d get that promotion yet…someday) and keeping an eye on a toddler.

“Whoops, I think my water broke! Time to go to the hospital, Lars!”
“AGAIN?”

Yes, again. Lars got over his angst and faithfully attended to his wife, scoring a nice 5000-point wish in the process when the baby proved to be another girl, named Rozlyn, or Roz for short. (A high five to anyone who can guess what sitcom I’ve been watching lately.) (Also, I don’t know who this other guy is who left the hospital with them. Somehow he managed to get between Lars and the rest of his family, which was slightly unnerving.)

The house became a little busier, but ever happier. Lars and Anais worked together to teach Daphne her toddler skills and keep a little money rolling in via book royalties and the occasional dumpster dive.

Money was still very tight, though. The Royals barely made enough to cover their bills, and somehow I still managed to miss one.

Luckily, the repo-woman went for the living area, which was full of neon-accented chairs of which we had plenty.

I was concerned about Lars, though. As a kleptomaniac with a love for hoarding other people’s stuff, how would he react to the tables being turned back on him?

“GYAHH! She could’ve taken ANYTHING, and she took one of my SEVEN IDENTICAL LOVESEATS!”

“Cheer up, darling! Your daughter just learned to walk!”

He’ll get over it eventually.

Maybe a party would help, too. Lars had been holding onto two wishes to throw a party ever since Daphne’s birth. It would be Roz’s birthday soon. Why not make an event out of it?

The guests took a liking to Daphne right away. I just realized that this is the same guy who walked out of the hospital with the Royals after Roz’s birth. :o Sir, is there anything you need to talk to a professional about?

The party was well-populated as always. Even Noela (who was now best friends with Lars) showed up looking as undead as ever.

Lars politely ignored her while she ferociously made out with her boyfriend, Stefan Bayless, about two feet away from him.

And he was, thankfully, on the other end of the house when Noela and Stefan barged into his bedroom for a little more than a makeout session.

“Noela, c’mere! Let’s tarnish your ex-lover’s private bedroom with a good tumble, just to spite him!”
“He’s not my ex-lover. And I am WAY ahead of you.”

After a couple hours of pizza-eating and body-thrashing (in more ways than one *cough*), Lars fetched little Roz and brought her to her very first cake.

For some reason Anais found this hilarious.

“What a funny-looking baby! What kinds of genes did that thing inherit?”

Yeah, well, you need to pull your skirt down, Anais. Anyway!

Here’s little Roz, who seems to have inherited almost the opposite features as her older sister (including those slightly creepy orange eyes). Roz is an Excitable Slob who likes indie music, cheesesteak, and the color pink.

Awww, who am I kidding. She’s adorable, orange eyes and all. :)

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2022, 12:54:56 PM »
Chapter 5 - Skills

Roz made a bold entrance into the world of her father’s parties.

In between crying sessions, though, she was great at being cute and lovable.

Daphne was plenty cute too, though she struggled a bit more with the consumption of food than her sister.

But it's not like it matters yet.

Daphne and Roz played together often while their parents were busy.

When the weekend came, Anais and Lars decided to go on their first outing as a family of four.

They drove many miles into town and spent the afternoon in the bubble-enclosed Memories of Appaloosa Plains park. The air was a little stale, but at least the grass was green.

Another little family made an appearance there, too.

Wayne Ahmadyar: “Don’t look at them, Laurel. They’re learning SKILLS. Like PLAYABLES.”

Speaking of skills, the adults were chipping away at them. Lars reached level 7 of the athletic skill in front of a gorgeous, eerie sunset backdrop. (Moonset? Planetset? I still don't know where in the universe we are.)

Daphne had another birthday.

Our Neurotic Loner became a Bookworm, continuing her transformation into a Total Nerd.

She demonstrated a knack for more than just bookish activities, though. Not once did she burn a plate of muffins in her toy oven. I think that’s a first for any Sims I’ve ever played.

Roz was a constant source of toddler spam. Look at that pout!

Daphne started teaching her little sister important skills like hiding from other people.

“Yeahhh, my wife is HOT!”

Yes, Lars and Anais were still all over each other every spare second. Their daily woohoo sessions were the most structured part of life in the Royal house. It was honestly amazing that Anais hadn’t gotten pregnant again.

It was a busy, happy time for the Royals. Lars made his way up in the criminal career, reaching level 6; Anais worked on her children’s books between shifts at the office; and Daphne worked hard in school and did her homework diligently each night.

Our friend Noela stopped by now and again to hang out with Lars.

“Ugh, I am SO glad I didn’t marry into this family.”

“Hey Mommy, I have a secret."
"Yes, sweetie?"
"Birfday.”

Wow, already? Time flies in Lunar Lakes!

Just after the sparkles hit Roz, Noela somehow found herself on the living room floor helping Daphne with her homework.

“I’d love to help you with your algebra problem, kid, but it’s hard to concentrate with your parents staring at me like that.”
“We’re just...stunned.”

Roz added the Daredevil trait to her Excitable and Slob traits. So far she shares two traits with her mom and two traits with her dad, and she’s turning out to be pretty much the opposite of her older sister.

Still, the girls got along very well. We’ll have to see if it stays that way in school. The competition for heir is heating up!

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2022, 01:07:35 PM »
Chapter 6 - Parties & Playgrounds

After nearly two weeks of maternity leave, Anais finally got high enough in her career to get an actual uniform. Unfortunately, she was a little too unwell to enjoy it on that particular day.

The girls were adjusting well to school, especially Roz. She started picking up friends left and right and was constantly being invited over to people’s houses.

“Is this the usual route to your house, Lashonda?”
“I think so…why?”
“We’re just...really extra vertical. We must be climbing up one of side of a crater.”
“This is my first time going home on the bus instead of a bike. I don’t think I like it.”

Going home with Lashonda Tamarind, Roz also met her twin sister, Tamsen. They had a bit of an awkward moment of mutual panic after Roz walked in on Tamsen using the bathroom, but they all became best friends anyway. Side note: Isn’t Tamsen Tamarind a delightful name? :)

Later that day, the reason for Anais’s nausea became clear. After about 77 sessions of autonomous woohoo, she was finally pregnant again!

Both she and Lars wanted a boy, so off she went in the middle of the night to harvest some apples from the community garden.

Although times were pleasant in the Royal household, money was coming in at a trickle. I also really wanted to get the family a faster car, since the house was so incredibly far away from the rest of the town. To pad the family bank account a little, Lars started robbing houses at night with the help of a little MasterController magic. With the sale of a few couches and coffee tables, Lars could afford to sell his truck and get a Yomoshoto Evasion for all those long drives.

“So, Daphne. I think it’s time we throw a party. Dad’s always throwing parties of his own, but we need to meet people OUR age. Especially if one of us is going to be the heir and get married someday.”

“Gosh, I dunno, Roz. You’re the outgoing one…I don’t really like parties. Or talking to people.”

“Come on, Daph! You have the best shot at being heir since you’re the oldest. Plus, you’ve had more time at school than me, so you know more people. Don’t you want to meet some potential spouses? You need to throw a party!”

“I’d feel much more comfortable if YOU threw the party, Roz. Trust me, it’ll be better that way.”

*sigh* “FINE.”

“Hey. Yeah, party at the Royal house tonight. Bring everyone under the age of 18 who's old enough to walk."

Roz really seemed determined to make this party happen. She autonomously spent the entire afternoon going around and tidying up the house - even though she has the Slob trait!

“You know, Daphne, you could at least help me clean up the place a little.”
“Can’t. Mathematics.”

I had doubts about how well this party would work out, since we don’t have Generations installed. I couldn't remember if kids could even throw parties. It did take a while for people to show up, but eventually, a nice selection of townie offspring started biking up the massive hill and entering the house.

Roz was so excited to meet everyone, her action queue filled up instantly with social interactions. She got as far as listening to Antony Sekemoto yell at her for no reason, and then…

“I have to go now. Thanks for inviting me. I had a pretty good time.”

…and then the party ended. Probably because of curfew. *sigh* I think we’re going to need Generations next…generation. Two-hour parties just don’t cut it when you’re trying to spouse hunt!

“Well that went terribly.”
“I thought it was nice. There wasn't time to talk to anyone and I almost finished my homework!”

The party was a bust, but the weekend didn’t have to be. Lars and Anais took their daughters for another outing to the Umbra Playground and Park to get some fresh air and sunshine. (Moonshine? Spaceshine?)

It was a lovely chance for some bonding to happen. Well, bonding and…what’s going on back there?

Oh. Sorry, Daphne. :D

Lars cooked some hot dogs and settled on a bench with a book; all three Royal women got on the swings simultaneously, which was pretty cute.

All that swinging must have caused something to shift in Anais’s insides. Suddenly, on the drive home, Daphne and Roz were left standing on the side of the road.

“Uh, Daph? Did you see where Mom and Dad went?”
“No...I guess we can just bike home?”

Anais and Lars had somewhat glitch-ily gone to the hospital to bring their new son into the world. Say hello to Martin Royal!

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2022, 10:14:30 AM »
Chapter 7 - Filthy Surroundings

After the birth of her baby brother, Daphne had a little bit of a revelation. Her bookishness, studiousness, and anxiety brought her a new feeling of ambition - a desire to help people, perhaps, in a way that required as much use of her brain as possible. That very night, Daphne rolled the Lifetime Wish to be a World-Renowned Surgeon.

I didn’t lock it in quite yet, as she was still very young. But she wouldn’t be for long!

The first baby of the Royal Random Town LEPacy grew into a rather stunning teenager. She picked up the Computer Whiz trait, cementing her future as…didn’t I already say this at her last birthday?...a Total Nerd.

Lars was smitten with his newborn son. I think he was glad to have another man in the house.

Daphne stepped into her teenage years with vivacity, rolling wishes to learn skills and read books and visit various locations around town. Her first teenage wish was to fix the broken sink, and by golly, she was going to do it with oomph.

But there was more to her role as Potential Heir than just skills and career goals.

“So, Daphne! It’s time for you to throw your first party! Now that you’re a teenager you can start spouse-hunting in earnest. Parties are by far the best way to get wide social exposure.”
“Oh, Dad…I don’t know if I’m ready for this. I’m not a Party Animal like you - I’m a Loner! I’d rather just--”

Lars pulled his eldest daughter into a hug. “You’ll do great, sweetie. It’s easy! Just pick up the phone and start calling your friends. You have some of those, right?”

“I CAN’T BELIEVE IT MY DAUGHTER IS THROWING A PARTY! AAGGHH I CAN’T WAIT!”

Maybe it’s for the best Lars has to work in the evenings. ::)

Daphne made the necessary phone calls, although she hated every second of it. Then, after putting on her formal clothes, she had her own version of Roz’s pre-party cleaning frenzy.

“Mom, it’s absurd how filthy this house gets.”
“What’s that, dear?”
“How long has this puddle been here? Since I was born?”
“I couldn’t tell you, darling. I’m a Slob, and I don’t notice messes.”

The party started in the afternoon. One guest arrived alone - an old man, probably somebody’s father - and Daphne immediately had a mini-breakdown in the foyer. Oh, dear.

“Pull it together, sis. At least you have an intentionally designed formal outfit. The watcher forgot mine.”

As luck would have it, Daphne did have a little bit of a head start when it came to potential romance. She’d already expressed attraction for two of her schoolmates - a boy and a girl. I’d never seen that happen before!

Both objects of her attraction are in this photo: Erik Mosqueda in the back, and Theresa Lucas-Cardamom in the purple sweater. Daphne did seem somewhat interested in them both, but a quick conversation revealed that both of them were almost two weeks older than her and would be aging up to young adults within a day.

So it was back to the drawing board. With half of the guests still too young for romance…or too old.

“This is the worst day of my life.”

Sorry, Daphne! Without Generations we don’t have a lot of options for spouse hunting. Just find somebody you like, and you’ll only have to do this once!

“So you’re the hostess, huh? Why are so many little kids at your party?”
“They’re…um…potential spouses. All of you are.”

“Oh, really? Well, in that case…you’re kinda pretty, Daphne Royal.”

Ah, this is going so well.

In the middle of the hubbub, Anais aged up to a full adult. I was all excited to see her Midlife Crisis wishes until I remembered that…are you noticing a theme here? We don’t have Generations installed.

The party ended with very little progress made for Daphne. She was acquainted with quite a few options now, but I wasn’t sure how far she’d get in befriending them just by going to school. That night she spent a long while staring out of windows and gagging. :( (It was because of her “Filthy Surroundings” moodlet, but…still.)

The next day was Lars’s elder birthday, believe it or not. Naturally he had to throw a party. At least the focus was on him and Daphne was off the hook.

Lars: “Ahh, so much laughter and jeering! I feel so loved.”

“Take a good look at these muscles and these pearly whites, everybody! They’re about to disappear!”

Poor Lars. :( Such a shame to see that beautiful physique melt away.

Daphne wasn’t the focus of this party, but of course I still made her run around and meet any teenage boys that showed up. She did express attraction for both of the Sekemoto boys (Kristofer in the white shirt and Antony in the brown jacket), even if she looked terrified.

“HOW MUCH LONGER DO I HAVE TO DO THIS?”

Believe me, Daphne, I feel your pain. I’d never had a Sim be quite this Neurotic in social settings before. :(

“I never want to attend a party ever, ever again.”

Poor Daphne. She ate her way through multiple slices of cake after the night was over and made me feel just terrible. It’ll be over soon, Daphne, I promise.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2022, 10:29:30 AM »
Chapter 8 - Mooches Smooches

Little Martin had his first birthday.

Another cutie! Martin is Easily Impressed and Hates the Outdoors, and he likes rock music, fruit parfaits, and the color black.

Anais, once again stuck on maternity leave, spent the most time with him.

Lars lasted just a couple more days in the criminal career before rolling the wish to retire. He had three growing children at home and not a lot of time left. It was time to focus on the more important things in life.

On one of her very first days at high school, Daphne became friends with Lionel James, one of the boys she’d met at her father’s birthday party. By the end of the school day, she’d rolled a wish to kiss him for the first time. She was so excited to invite him over after school that all her anxiety seemed to disappear...though I’m not sure Lionel felt the same.

They went on a date to the library, and when Lionel responded well to a few flirts, Daphne shoved her neuroticism aside and shared a very romantic bookshelf kiss with him. Yay, our girl found someone she likes! Please excuse me while I pass out from relief.

Meanwhile, Roz was burning muffins and feeling ready to join her sister in teenhood.

Oh look, we have another stunning Royal! Alas, her new trait was a boring one: Heavy Sleeper. Her other traits (Slob, Excitable, Daredevil) rather made up for it, though.

Can you guess the first thing Roz did as a teen? Obviously she threw a party to meet more teens! She ended up showing attraction for at least half the guests at this party.

This screenshot makes the party look like a good time, but oddly enough, it was...kind of a total disaster. Despite the food, the dancing, and Roz’s efforts to chat with everyone and make them feel welcome, the guests left a few hours later panning the party across the board. I’d left Roz on free will to see if she was drawn to anyone in particular. She had no romantic wishes for anyone, but she did autonomously roll the “Leader of the Free World” Lifetime Wish afterward. Almost like she sensed the need to whip her constituents into shape. Maybe political parties would be more her thing.

Well, there was plenty of time to find love. Martin was still a toddler and therefore toddler spam was required.

Lars was enjoying retirement and making the most of every opportunity to eat his favorite food, fruit parfait. (Oh hey, Martin likes fruit parfaits too! And the color black. Lars has a pretty strong influence on his children, apparently.)

Roz was invited out on a date with one of her school friends, Freisel Landgraab. She waited over two hours for him at the park that looks like a spiral-shaped desert. (Although I mostly blame this town's sheer enormity and ridiculous road layout for that.)

When he finally showed up and revealed that he had inherited his family's blue-streaked hair, I got very interested - even if his conversation with Roz was a total snoozefest.

Roz ended up ending the date early and calling her best friend Tamsen to complain.

“All the boys on this moon are so BORING. Do you think earth has more interesting spouse options?”

At least Daphne had found someone she liked. She and Lionel spent lots of time together, usually just reading books or watching TV.

Or…oh. Oh dear. Looks like someone has the Inappropriate trait. :-\ And Roz kissed him back, the little flirt!

Luckily Daphne was in the bathroom when this happened. With a book. So there was plenty of time, you know.

She sat down in a corner and resumed reading while I hurriedly pulled Roz away from her sister’s boyfriend. Of course, Roz wasn’t the problem here. Lionel went right back to flirting, well within shouting distance of Daphne.

“Lionel, what was that?! You’re my boyfriend! You can’t flirt with my sister!”
“You were in the bathroom for an HOUR, Daphne. I got bored!”
“I just...I had to finish my chapter!! Oh, whatever. I'm going to bed."

“I know my daughters are beautiful, young man, but your behavior is despicable! If you're going to date one of them, you need to pick one. And respect both of them.”
"Okay, I'm sorry, Mr. Royal. Jeez."

“But first, I will require a plate of bread and jam from you. Thank you.”

Ugh, mooches.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2022, 10:40:41 AM »
Chapter 9 - The View From The Hospital

Daphne went to bed feeling distraught over the evening’s events. First thing in the morning, though - around 6:30, to be exact - she got a call from Lionel, asking if she wanted to go on a date. Eager to make amends, Daphne said yes.

“Wow, Lionel, what a view! I’ve never been to this rabbit hole portal before. Where are we?”
“The hospital.”
"......"

“Well…I guess it doesn’t matter as long as we’re together.”

I left Daphne on free will, and…I think Daphne is a very forgiving person. All she wanted to do was kiss Lionel, talk to Lionel, make out with Lionel, and kiss Lionel some more. I was happy to see that their relationship wasn’t going to fizzle out over one little teeny weeny breach of fidelity. ::)

Roz, meanwhile, still hadn’t made any progress in the romance department. I was watching her closely for romantic wishes or signs of interest in anyone specific. Maybe another party would do the trick! (This is base game, okay? I don't know what else to do.)

Martin’s birthday party, to be exact.

I didn’t give him his makeover until the party was well underway, but here he is. Martin was taking even more after his father with his new Excitable trait.

This party was off to a good start already. The teenagers arrived in droves.

Roz took her role as hostess seriously. I didn’t even realize we had a coffee machine! Thanks, Roz!

Anais added to the upbeat atmosphere by having a bladder accident in front of everyone. Thanks, Anais!

Roz had accumulated quite a few friends by this point. The girl in the blue dress is the daughter of Anais’s boss - we last saw her in the womb when Anais was asking for a promotion.

“Yay, so many cute boys!!"

Yeah, too many, apparently. Roz, I wish you’d just pick someone so we can move on with things!

“Nah, cake’s more important.”

I guess I can agree with that.

In the end, Roz’s only wish was to be closer friends with blue-haired Freisel Landgraab, who stuck around after the end of the party. Roz went out to talk to him and even tried a few flirts.

“Thanks for complimenting my personality, Roz. I’m so glad you like three out of my four traits.”
“Oooh, what’s your fourth trait, then?”

"Here's a hint. You're ugly.
“Oh, I've got it. Mean-Spirited!”
“Duh.”

Great! Freisel left in a huff and Roz went back inside in a sour mood in spite of her rockin’ party. The spouse hunting wasn’t over yet.