Author Topic: Best jobs for the level 10 rewards.  (Read 34972 times)

banded

Best jobs for the level 10 rewards.
« on: January 08, 2011, 03:45:00 PM »
As far as I know the best jobs for level 10 rewards are:
Culinary-Kelvin minus one refridgerator (phew)
Criminal (thief branch)-golden fox statue
Stylist-+20 stylin moodlet (my favorite)

I was wondering what other people consider to be the best career tracks for whatever reasons and also to ask 2 questions:
1) What does the directors seat of power do? or is it just a funky chair?
2) does anyone think it is worth pursuing a firefighting career to get 100% handiness upgrades completion?

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
Re: Best jobs for the level 10 rewards.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 04:03:59 PM »
As far as I know the best jobs for level 10 rewards are:
Culinary-Kelvin minus one refridgerator (phew)
Criminal (thief branch)-golden fox statue
Stylist-+20 stylin moodlet (my favorite)

I was wondering what other people consider to be the best career tracks for whatever reasons and also to ask 2 questions:
1) What does the directors seat of power do? or is it just a funky chair?
2) does anyone think it is worth pursuing a firefighting career to get 100% handiness upgrades completion?

I think the best reward is The Fox and stylin moodlit. The Fox is a useful trait because you can stare at it before work and get an added mood boost and the stlyin moodlet for obvious reasons.
"Go home and be a family man!"
-Guile

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 04:11:04 PM »
Regardless of whatever boost the Stylin' moodlet gives, I hate the permanent portfolio so much that I'm never making a stylist again.

My favorite reward just HAS to be the Perform Experiment On action, from the Science career. It has so many uses! There are many items in my main sims' house with experiments on them... Mostly around the kitchen and the zen area. My second favorite reward is the special fridge, and I love it so much that I made my sim get 2 of them, just to store one in the family inventory, for any cases.

banded

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 04:11:31 PM »
I agree there because I'm completely moodlet crazy. By the way, doesn't one career let you put the same moodlet as the fox on other items? that would be useful. I'm still debating whether to do firefighter for 100% unique handiness upgrades because if I do I will have to go to level 10 because I don't think I could stand a rubbish level past job in my career history. can anyone give me their opinion of the fire engine you get at level 10. Is it worth the effort?

banded

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 04:16:02 PM »
Regardless of whatever boost the Stylin' moodlet gives, I hate the permanent portfolio so much that I'm never making a stylist again.

My favorite reward just HAS to be the Perform Experiment On action, from the Science career. It has so many uses! There are many items in my main sims' house with experiments on them... Mostly around the kitchen and the zen area. My second favorite reward is the special fridge, and I love it so much that I made my sim get 2 of them, just to store one in the family inventory, for any cases.

ahh so that's it. what do you mean about hating the permanent portfolio? surely its's more of a memoir. bearing in mind that once I reach level 10 and fill my portfolio I'm quitting. Also, the fridge is useful but I still don't rate it as much as stylist and thief rewards.the only annoying thing about the stylist for me is the insane amount of time it takes to get promotions and you actually have to do something. it's even more annoying than getting from level 4 to 5 fame which really got on my nreves because my LTW was lifestyle of the rich and famous.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 04:37:58 PM »
Also, the fridge is useful but I still don't rate it as much as stylist and thief rewards.

No way. At least not for me. That fridge is the uber fridge of all time. Combine that with a lvl 10 Natural Cook and everything you make turns out Perfect. Far more helpful and long lasting than those other moodlets. And when you're talking about the family chef who cooks for a family and they get the benefit of Perfect meals, forget it...the fridge is king. I bet I know the answer for a lot of Tournament players right now which lvl 10 reward they think is the best. ;)

banded

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 04:43:59 PM »
maybe that's where or opinions would be split. I create single sims and make them uber successful meaning I cook so many meals that even without the natural cook trait (which in my opinion is a bit of a waste of a slot) and the fridge I still make meals which give the amazing meal moodlet which is just amazing. just to clarify an earlier point. I still love the fridge as it imporves meal quality and also gives a moodlet I just prefer the stylin moodlet and the golden fox.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 04:46:38 PM »
That fridge is the uber fridge of all time.

Yeah, I'm with Metro on this one.  Perfect food + a nice moodlet just for walking past the fridge, and a career that at the top requires only 12 hours a week from my Sim - in my opinion, it's hard to beat all that.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

banded

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 05:20:03 PM »
*feels bullied by bigger fish  :'(* no anyway in all seriousness I'm not too wowed by the fridge's moodlet as it's puny and also meal quality is something that can actually be perfected without the fridge, even though it is cool to have. what I'm saying is that the other things offer better moodlets and myself being obsessed with moodlets favour those rewards, especially the stylin' moodlet which never dies.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 05:29:01 PM »
*feels bullied by bigger fish  :'(*

We're offering our opinions. That's all. You started this thread seeking player's opinions. So, if we come in here and disagree with you (or agree with you), that's the whole point of healthy debate.

banded

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 05:35:34 PM »
sorry if that came across wrong, it was intended as a joke. Maybe that's why I didn't give myslef the trait good sense of humor in the traits thread. To add to my earlier point all that the fridge boild down to at the end of the day is moodlets with the +93 amazing meal moodlet but I find I can get that anyway. Still I see where you are coming from as I would definetely go through the culinary career any time for the fridge, it would just not be on top of my priorities list thatts all.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 08:54:38 PM »
The reason I love that fridge so much is not really for the quality improvement, as my sim can cook perfect stuff even if you give him a rotten egg, a dead bird, flint and tinder. I like it because it never allows the stuff stored in it to lose quality.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 09:11:20 PM »
The reason I love that fridge so much is not really for the quality improvement, as my sim can cook perfect stuff even if you give him a rotten egg, a dead bird, flint and tinder. I like it because it never allows the stuff stored in it to lose quality.

You mean prepared meals never go bad, or do mean individual ingredients?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 09:28:12 PM »
Both.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 09:29:56 PM »
Both.

Wow. Obviously, with ingredients that's nothing special since any fridge can boast that — but prepared meals? Too cool. I did not know that.