Author Topic: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - The Final Chapter *happy dance, happy dance*  (Read 191302 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - Generation 3 is in the House
« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2011, 10:39:16 AM »
Thank you for all the kind comments!  I really love how Jori is turning out.  When the twins were born I was kind of wishing Jemma was the heir because she was such a cute toddler and loveable child.  Jori is turning out to be quite stunning (thank you Sam Sekemoto for your genes - you and Jess have done great work!) and she is really fun to play - far more interesting than my loveable little couch potato, Jemma.

It makes me so happy that you like the vacation homes.  I'm especially proud of how the Shang Simla home has turned out.  As soon as I figure out how to upload it without my sims in it I will put it on the Exchange.  If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know.  I have used patterns from another Exchange member in decorating it (there is no other CC) so unfortunately I can't put it in the swap shop.  I'll let you know when I load it.

Offline Filly

• Townie
« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2011, 06:29:33 PM »
I have used patterns from another Exchange member in decorating it (there is no other CC) so unfortunately I can't put it in the swap shop.  I'll let you know when I load it.

From Pam in one of the Swap Shop threads:

The items from T-Mobile are fine.  They are authorized by (and probably created by) Electronic Arts.  I think the use of patterns will be alright, as long as there's nothing X-rated, of course.  This is subject to change if we discover anything fishy with patterns downloaded from the Exchange/

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #137 on: March 04, 2011, 08:15:43 PM »
Congrats for Jori getting to level 10 in martial arts! That's awesome!

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #138 on: March 04, 2011, 08:52:29 PM »
@ Filly

I'm still confused though because in the Swap Shop Rules that Carl posted a few days before Pam's post it sounds like using other people's patterns to do your own recolor is still a no-no and that it might even be a bannable offense, although personally I believe he means that third party CC is the bannable offense, but it is too vague for my comfort.  I'd rather not put my recolored creations on the swap shop until I know for sure it won't be a problem.

http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,3508.msg74570.html#msg74570

In reality I could probably just post my recolored items and keep my mouth shut, but I feel strongly that I should credit the person who made the patterns and I won't share them unless I can do so.

@ Esther

Thank you, I'm off to kick more butt in China with Jori...

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #139 on: March 05, 2011, 05:53:22 AM »
Awesome vacation homes.  I haven't traveled enough for a long time and I miss fixing up those houses.  Lucia is a busy ghost I see.  Too cute. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #140 on: March 05, 2011, 01:16:53 PM »
Jessica Immortalized

Sam, the girls, and I had an amazing trip to our vacation home in China.  We left the day after the girls' teen birthday and spent 3 weeks there.  Jori and Jemma spent the whole trip working on their skills.

Jori has always dreamed of a career and athletics and has had a keen interest in the martial arts since she was a child.  We hadn't even unpacked our bags yet and she was out the door and off to the academy.  She quickly progressed through the different levels and in less than 2 weeks she was a 10th level black belt.  Her focus quickly shifted to competing in ranked sparring tournaments.  She achieved her lifetime wish of Martial Arts Master mere days after earning her black belt.  Even before her final match she was confident of a victory.

Look at the concentration on her face.

Now all she needs to do is practice her meditation and board breaking.  We bought a board breaker and a training dummy to bring home with us so that Sam could recreate Jori's zen garden in our back yard.  I'm confident she will achieve her goals well before her elder birthday at this rate.  She also increased her athletic skill to level 8, so she should be well prepared for her chosen career when she graduates.

Jemma has decided she wants to be a scientist when she grows up.  She spent our entire vacation studying gardening books, watching various educational TV programs, and fishing like a mad woman.

She was determined to catch enough of the local fish breeds to be able to stock the pond in our park across the street.  In the process she maxed her fishing skill.  Here she is with her first dragon fish.  When we got back to Sunset Valley she proudly deposited 4 different breeds of koi, some goldfish, and some dragonfish in our local pond.

She managed to gain 8 levels of gardening skill as well as 4 levels each in logic and cooking.  She has such a keen mind and wants to learn about everything.  

Socially the girls could not be more different.  Jemma is warm and likeable.  She makes friends quite easily and has a great relationship with both Sam and I.  Jori, on the other hand, is competitive and can be a bit hard to take until you get to know her.  She gets along fine with me, but not so much with Sam and Jemma.  She barely talks to her sister, and Jemma has confided in me that she doesn't like Jori very much.  I tactfully suggested to Jori that she spend some time with her sister and was pleased to see them talking quite intently a while later.

Sam and I were just as busy as the girls were.  Sam got it into his head that he wanted to be Mr. Fixit, so he spent his time studying some books on Handiness and managed to upgrade every single appliance in our vacation home.  When he didn't have a wrench in his hand he found time to practice his painting and sculpture.  I thought I was a renaissance Sim, but my husband has maxed handiness, gardening, painting, sculpture, and fishing and managed to reach level 10 in his gardening career shortly after we returned home.  He amazes me!

I was mostly glued to my easel.  The only thing standing between me and immortality is $15,000 worth of painting sales and my elder birthday.  I churned out one masterpiece after another and gave them to Sam to hold on to.  I lost track of how many paintings I did, but they ended up selling for $150,000 at the consignment shop when we got home.  Sam and I both received awards from the city for our career achievements and they hold a place of honor in our family museum.

The day we got back home was Sam's birthday.  He insisted that he did not want a party, so the big moment passed nearly unnoticed in our kitchen that evening.

Even though he's an elder now, he still has the boyish face I fell in love with as a teenager.

My birthday fell several days later and Dad, Sam, and the twins insisted on throwing me a pool party.  We only invited close friends and family, but it seems that more people showed up than we expected.

Dad spent the whole day cooking.  Here he is showing off his culinary prowess.  I thought those egg rolls were gonna land on the floor!

He put on quite a spread.  Everything was so good that there were hardly any leftovers.

That young vampire in the picture is Sam's half-brother, Giuseppe Hart.  Yes, our daughters have an uncle the same age as them!

Emma Hatch and Sam's dad cutting the rug while my best friend, Kaylynn Langerak, has fun on our trampoline in the background.

Time for the birthday girl to blow out the candles...the fellow in the dark blue swim trunks is my cousin Mortimer Goth.  He certainly has aged well!

The young man with the khaki shorts and long hair is Jori's boyfriend, Jeremey Langerak, my friend Kaylynn's son.  More on him in a bit.

And here I am as an elder.  Same hair, just whiter, and a few more wrinkles on my face, but it's still me.

For now I'm keeping my white hair, but I may take a trip to the salon if I can't get used to it.

Sam painted my portrait and made my ice sculpture.

The first try didn't come out so good.  Geez, everybody's a comedian!

And here I am taking my first bite of the ambrosia that Dad saved in the food replicator.  I reached immortality at age 74.

Now back to Jori and Jeremey...they've known each other since they were children, but never really paid attention to one another.  I got a call from Kaylynn shortly after we returned from China that Jori had stopped by to visit and she and Jeremey just hit it off.

They were going steady within a day.  Dad and I enjoyed lunch with him while Jori watches to make sure we don't embarrass her.

I couldn't be happier!  The two of them get along like they were made for one another.  It may be premature, but I think Jeremy will be a fine addition to our family after the kids graduate.  Fast forward a couple of days and I learned that Kaylynn had passed away unexpectedly.  I couldn't stand the thought of Jeremey kicking around that big house all by himself, so I went over to see if he wanted to stay with us - I know his mom would have done the same for my children if the situation had been reversed.  But when I got there it was like Jekyll and Hyde - the sweet young man I had known for so many years was as nasty as could be.  At first I thought it was just the grief talking, but I'm convinced he's mean-spirited.  He turned down my offer to live with us, which may be for the best.  I have to find a way to discourage Jori from seeing him, but if I'm not careful I'll just drive her to him instead.  Unfortunately there aren't many eligible boys her age, just paper carriers, baby sitters, and vampires.  I'm torn up with guilt, Kaylynn would be turning over in her grave if she knew how I feel about her son, but I have a dynasty to think of.  I just hope Jori sees reason and agrees to break it off with him...

Lest you think it's all drama around here, there is some good news.  Mom paid us a visit a few nights ago.  I caught her and Dad acting like newlyweds.

She doesn't show up often, but we all enjoy it when she does.

Now Lucia, on the other hand, doesn't rest in her grave at all.  She wanders through the house at any hour of the day or night.  It was shocking at first, but we are all used to her by now.  Here she is spending some quality time with our new butler, Kurt.

Shortly afterwards one of our dining room chairs took on a life of its own...

She even stopped Dad in the garden one morning to complain about someone sleeping in her bed!

I told Dad that no one would think badly of us if we moved her head stone to the town cemetery, but he's having none of that.  It's all good, though.  It keeps things unpredictable in our house.

Jessica Starr - Generation 2
LTW - Renaissance Sim
Career - Painting
Supermax Skill - Painting
Other Maxed Skills - Sculpture, Photography,
Building - Sam's Summer Shack (formerly Hogan's Deep Fried Diner)
Property - Stoney Falls
LTRs - Fast Learner, Extra Creative, Fertility Treatment
Best Friends - Sam (Sekemoto) Starr, Jackson Starr, Jorianne Starr, Jemma Starr, Kaylynn Langerak, Amir Hart
Black Ops - Deliver a Painting to China, Deliver a Painting to Egypt, Telescopic Metal, Sims on Ice, Sculpt a Suspect, An Old Ruse
Portraits - Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Elder
Sculptures - Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Elder
Photos - None

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - Jessica+Death Fish+Life Fruit = Immortal #2
« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2011, 02:07:33 PM »
Congrats on Immortality, Jessica! Good luck Jori, although it looks like she won't need it.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #142 on: March 05, 2011, 05:28:30 PM »
Yay! Two immortals now!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2011, 09:10:12 PM »
I've uploaded the Starr's Shang Simla home to the swap shop - here.  I added a few more features and refined the decor from the pics I posted in this thread.  I hope you like it - I'm quite proud of how it turned out.   ;D

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2011, 10:00:33 PM »
Congratulations on immortal number two!

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2011, 10:41:27 PM »
Awesome Dynasty! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2011, 11:04:51 PM »
Congrats on Jessica's Immortality! Happy birthday everyone!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2011, 11:40:04 PM »
YAY immortal # 2!
I love the look of the dragon fish, they are just too cool!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #148 on: March 06, 2011, 02:46:01 AM »
Wew! This is an amazing Dynasty Story!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - Jessica, Immortal #2
« Reply #149 on: March 10, 2011, 01:36:30 PM »
A Brief Update from Jessica

I have to say that I don't feel any different after eating ambrosia than I did before.  Sam and I are spending every moment together that we can, which isn't as often as I would like since he's working feverishly to get some omni plant seeds and to upgrade everything in our house.

Jori and Jemma had their young adult birthdays.  Jori rounded out her traits with friendly, something she certainly can use to offset her natural competitiveness.  I'm a bit worried about Jemma, though.  We've learned that she's insane.  We are all celebrities now, so we have to keep this even quieter than Dad's kleptomania.  She has started a career in science and is doing quite well.  Most of the time I feel like she is very disconnected from everyone around her - I'm sure she's just busy pondering the secrets of the universe or which evening gown to wear on her nightly fishing trip.   

Speaking of Dad, he's been spending a lot of time socializing lately, which is odd since most of his friends have gone with Grim.  I guess he's on everyone's list because he's invited to 3 or 4 parties a week.  Ah well, it's good that he's making new friends...I think.

Jori continues to challenge me at every turn.  I spoke with her about Jeremey shortly before her birthday.  What a disaster that turned out to be.  She didn't talk to me for a week and, just as I feared, the day after her birthday she proposed to him!  They were married a day later, so he is part of our family now. 

I had a bit of a shock when I learned that his father is Christopher Steel!  When I get the wedding photos back take a good look at his mouth...I'm surprised I didn't realize it sooner.  Apparently he and Kaylynn had a brief romance, resulting in Jeremey.  Kaylynn raised her son by herself, and Jeremey has no relationship with his father.  It's hardly surprising that he has issues.  Other than his mean-spiritedness he has admirable qualities and he's devoted to Jori.  With a loving family to support him I'm hopeful we can make him kinder.  I'm also going to encourage him to contact his father - perhaps that will help, too.

He and Jori are both working on careers in professional sports.  He gets a bit peevish when Jori spends time in her zen garden.  I think Sam might have to install a second gate so he can go in and practice, too.  It gets tiresome hearing him yelling at Jori to let him in.  They will be leaving on a honeymoon trip to Champs les Sims soon.  Jori wants to carry on Sam's dream of having vacation homes around the world.  It would be especially sweet if she and Jeremey can manage this before Grim comes for Sam.  He's too old to go on wild adventures anymore, but I sure wouldn't mind one last trip with him so we can sip nectar and take in the sights of France.

Author's Note:  Sorry for the lack of pics.  I have them ready to upload but haven't had a chance to do it yet.  I was so excited about Jeremey's dad that I just couldn't wait to post about it.  Pics to follow.