Author Topic: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - The Final Chapter *happy dance, happy dance*  (Read 191341 times)

Offline Filly

• Townie
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - Farewell, Sweet Prince
« Reply #180 on: March 17, 2011, 12:03:01 PM »
RIP Sam, I like how you honored him with the decorated gravestone.  The remodel turned out beautiful.  I think the baby's room is my favorite.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - Farewell, Sweet Prince
« Reply #181 on: March 21, 2011, 09:27:37 AM »
Sam's Dream Realized

TO:  Jessica.Starr @ simsmail.com, Jackson.Starr @ simsmail.com
SUBJ:  Greetings from Champs les Sims

Hi Mom and Grandpa,

Jeremey, Jemma and I are having a blast in France!  We owe Dad, big time, for thinking to get the Sultan's Tabernacle on his last trip.  The base camp here is crowded and very poorly maintained so we pitched the tent in the courtyard and lived like queens, or a king in Jeremey's case.

We scattered as soon as we arrived, we all wanted to do different things.  Jemma made it her mission to start upgrading all the appliances at the base camp.  She needed to improve her handiness skill for work and, lord knows, this place can use all the help it can get!  She's also been fishing and plans on stocking the pond across the street when we get home.

I decided to master my meditation skill.  All that's left to do is break 30 more space rock blocks and I will have completed all my martial arts challenges.  I can't wait to tackle a mummy on our next trip to Egypt!

Jeremey made it his personal mission to fulfill Dad's dream of vacation homes around the world.  The night Dad passed away Jeremey and I had a long talk.  He told me that he had spent his life resenting the fact that his father was never there for him.  He grew more and more mean-spirited, picking fights with people for no reason other than the fact that he was hurting inside.  He told me that Dad went out of his way to treat him like a son after we got engaged and how much that meant to him.  Right before we left on our trip, Jeremey told me that he had saved up enough happiness points to buy his first lifetime reward and that, in honor of Dad, he changed his mean-spirited trait for an adventurous one instead.  He said it was time to let go of the past.  Mom, you would be so proud of him!  Don't let on that I told you, though, he doesn't want anyone to make a big deal about it.

When he wasn't off exploring some nasty, old tomb, he spent time learning the fine art of nectar making (and sampling every different nectar known to man!)

We're heading home tomorrow but tonight we're staying at our new French villa!!!  It used to be a nectary but it was abandoned years ago.  As soon as we saw it we knew it was absolutely perfect!  There are terraced gardens surrounding the house, perfect for a vineyard and orchard.  There is an old carriage house that Jeremey is turning into a nectar cellar and lounge and a gardener's cottage out back that will make a lovely studio.  The place is a little run down and dated, but we are doing what we can to spruce it up.  I love the elegant style of the main house, even though I generally prefer contemporary decor.  Here are some pictures of what we have done so far.

The parlor is decorated in red and mauve.  There is a wine bar tucked into the corner behind the main staircase so we can entertain in style.  Don't mind the ratty old rug...someone forgot to take it out to be cleaned.   ::)

The dining room is done in warm wood tones and rich shades of green.

The kitchen was very charming and colorful, so we just cleaned it up and added a few homey touches.

The master suite is enormous and we didn't have time to do much with it other than update the wallpaper and add the necessities.

Of course, the necessities include a hot tub on the balcony...Jemma is upgrading it as I type.

We added a corner tub to the master bath, but none of us could decide on a color scheme, so for now we have left it as is.  Yes, I know how to work a screwdriver, too!  Jemma and I have been upgrading appliances like crazy - there's still a lot more to do.

The guest room was in good shape and just needed a fresh coat of paint and new linens for the bed.

The top floor of the house has another bedroom and full bath that we haven't even touched yet.  There was also a large unused space that we turned into a rec room.  We added a laundry room up here, too.

At the end of the rec room there was a cozy space for a chess table and an easel.  A small balcony off this room was perfect for one of the telescopes people keep sending us.  Celebrity has its privileges!

That's all we've had time to do so far.  There is a ton of landscaping that needs to be done *cough* Grandpa *cough* and whole sections of the house that really could use your touch, Mom.  I only wish we made this trip as soon as we got married...perhaps then Dad could have seen his dream come true.

Our plane leaves at midnight tomorrow.  Can't wait to see you!  Love you lots!

Jori

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CarlaluvsSims

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Starr Immortal Dynasty - Sam's Dream Realized
« Reply #182 on: March 21, 2011, 09:44:38 AM »
Thanks for the wonderful post! I love reading your story and can't wait for the next entry! I am glad Jeremey got his priorities straightened out and everyone in the house will be happier! (But what fun is that in a dynasty,  :D)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #183 on: March 21, 2011, 03:06:46 PM »
So beautifully written, Katluvr, it's one of the reasons I love reading your Dynasty! The characters are also very interesting. Good luck to Jori on finishing supermaxing MA.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #184 on: March 21, 2011, 10:54:01 PM »
Awesome update!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #185 on: March 22, 2011, 01:21:02 AM »
Nice house! :D
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Choccolatee

« Reply #186 on: March 22, 2011, 03:05:13 AM »
Nice screenshots. The house is gorgeous.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #187 on: March 22, 2011, 11:22:14 AM »
Awesome house! Geeze, I want to live there now!
I loved the email theme you had going in that last post, so creative :)

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #188 on: March 22, 2011, 02:00:53 PM »
Thank you for all the kind comments!  It means a lot to me that you're reading and enjoying.

Awesome house! Geeze, I want to live there now!

I was so excited when Jeremey got his visa level high enough to buy a house and as soon as I saw the abandoned nectary I knew I had to have it!  I just wish Joria and samoht04 could come over and decorate and landscape for me.  Their work is AMAZING (as is many other members')!

I loved the email theme you had going in that last post, so creative :)

He he, I don't think I tell a great story like DeNile, for example, so I resort to gimmicks to keep from boring people to death.   ;D

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #189 on: March 22, 2011, 02:10:50 PM »
"Tell a great story like DeNile." *Blushes* Aw katluvr you're embarrassing me! And you do tell a good story, it takes a great story to hook so many people! So obviously you're doing something right! I do enjoy that vacation home.... if only I had the patience to get one of my own. :D
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #190 on: March 22, 2011, 04:06:25 PM »
I fell in love with the abandoned nectary as soon as I saw it, but I'm honestly a bit overwhelmed by all the landscaping that needs to be done.  In real life I'm a data manager - I live for databases and spreadsheets - so I don't consider myself particularly creative.  I can take an idea and run with it - for example, my dynasty home is based on a floor plan I saw online - but I don't usually have original creative ideas on my own - if I hadn't found that floorplan I suspect my family would be living in a big box (their homes in China and Egypt are completely original and just big boxes with a hole in the middle).  Right now the decoration and landscaping is postponed while the family visits China for a little R&R, but I can't wait to get them back to France to continue working on it!

"Tell a great story like DeNile." *Blushes* Aw katluvr you're embarrassing me!

Get back to work DeNile...I need another Ramidia fix!!! *hugs*

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #191 on: March 22, 2011, 04:15:24 PM »
Get back to work DeNile...I need another Ramidia fix!!! *hugs*

Yeah, yeah. I have two updates worth of pictures ready to go, but I'm sick and a little woozy with pain meds right now so I'm not going to write them up til I can think properly. Until then, head over to the Building and Construction thread in about ten minutes to see my latest project. :D
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #192 on: March 22, 2011, 11:17:56 PM »
I really love the way you write katluvr. Your posts are always fun to read :)

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #193 on: March 30, 2011, 04:29:34 PM »
Hi Guys,

Sorry about no recent updates.  I've been feeling a bit under the weather and when I feel up to playing I've been exploring The Sims Medieval.  Rest assured that the Starrs will get some much needed love in the near future.  They are in the middle of an extended trip to China so there isn't much exciting going on at the moment.  Jori told me that she and Jeremey want to start a family when they get home from this trip, so hopefully we'll hear the pitter-patter of generation 4 in the near future.  In the meantime they have Jemma's insane quirks to keep them amused.  I'm also happy to report that Lucia Huston (the Starr's first butler who was electrocuted trying to fix the hot tub) has been successfully 'planted' in the town cemetery and the family plot has been moved across the street.  I really underestimated how annoying ghosts can be once their charm wears off.

More to come soon!

Debbie

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #194 on: March 30, 2011, 06:48:41 PM »
Ahw...
All of my favorite stories are getting put on hold because of Medieval!  :'(
Formerly Simstar3

anything