Author Topic: What to do if Your Game Slows Down (Clean Up Your Game)  (Read 353653 times)

Offline Beddy_Boop

• Townie
  • Concerto No. 2 (3rd Movement) - F. Seitz
Re: What to do if Your Game Slows Down (Clean Up Your Game)
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2010, 11:13:04 AM »
I just realized something: I have 2 (two) DCBackup Folders! I guess the second one is for extra space if the first is filled up. I think this because I have never seen anything in it accept for the first time I emptied the folder and there were a million files in there!

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2010, 01:35:47 PM »
Howly (Holy) cow - the ARM is back!  I have missed seeing your avatar Leto.  Glad you finally found it.

Yay! Leto, you Da Arm!!!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2010, 02:03:01 PM »
Leto, I love your expressions! I will enjoy saying "howly cow" even more than "holy cow". :)

Haha, what exactly is the difference between 'owly' and 'holy'? Or was it just me, spelling the word wrong?

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2010, 03:38:09 PM »
Haha, what exactly is the difference between 'howly' and 'holy'? Or was it just me, spelling the word wrong?

Leto, I think it was just you accidentally adding the 'w' by mistake as 'howly' is not a word in the English language.  ;)  Anyway, if it was a word, then both would be pronounced different here in the states.  The 'o' is a tricky vowel.
The 'How' part of your word Howly is a word of its own as you probably know.  'How' is an adverb with the 'ow' pronounced like the 'ow' in the word 'owl'.   Another thing to note is that 'Howl' is also a word when used as a verb.  It is the sound a dog or wolf makes when whining or singing to the moon.  Therefore your 'howly cow' could also be interpreted as a cow that sings to the moon ;D
'Holy' on the other hand  is both an adjective and a noun pronounced as' hō.lee' with a long 'o' as in open (ō.pen).  This word means consecrated, saintly, sacred.   
Our language is very confusing but I hope this helped.

Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Andrew

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2010, 03:47:15 PM »
If you are on a MAC then you have something totally different. 

It's the same on macintosh.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2010, 06:36:55 PM »
Thanks Andrew.  Are the Sims 3 folders located the same way? 
On a PC they are 'under your name > Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3' .   Finding the folders is what I meant as having something totally different.  Perhaps I should have worded it another way.

Andrew

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2010, 07:48:15 PM »
The path is for macintosh is Macintosh HD - Users - username - Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 3 . HD stands for hard drive, so it's the same path.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2010, 07:59:01 PM »
The path is for macintosh is Macintosh HD - Users - username - Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 3 . HD stands for hard drive, so it's the same path.

Thanks Andrew.  I stand corrected.  :-[

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2010, 08:00:50 PM »
Howly (Holy) cow - the ARM is back!  I have missed seeing your avatar Leto.  Glad you finally found it.

Yep, glad to have the arm back Leto.  

I have gotten into the habit of cleaning everything I can from my folders and it has seemed to help some.  I can't stand it when they walk and stop, walk and stop.  It really is annoying, but after cleaning and doing regular maintenance, seems to work, plus, think I will splurge and get a new video card.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Leto85

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2010, 04:45:12 PM »
Leto, I think it was just you accidentally adding the 'w' by mistake as 'howly' is not a word in the English language.  ;)  Anyway, if it was a word, then both would be pronounced different here in the states.  The 'o' is a tricky vowel.
The 'How' part of your word Howly is a word of its own as you probably know.  'How' is an adverb with the 'ow' pronounced like the 'ow' in the word 'owl'.   Another thing to note is that 'Howl' is also a word when used as a verb.  It is the sound a dog or wolf makes when whining or singing to the moon.  Therefore your 'howly cow' could also be interpreted as a cow that sings to the moon ;D
'Holy' on the other hand  is both an adjective and a noun pronounced as' hō.lee' with a long 'o' as in open (ō.pen).  This word means consecrated, saintly, sacred.   
Our language is very confusing but I hope this helped.

You're a smart person. That's what you are. I can only say that I understand just parts of it, as grammatic isn't my stronges point when it comes to whatever languages I am communicating in.
I really have respect for you Mtglady: you seems to know a lot of grammatic and computers. I know almost no woman of your age who knows that kind of stuff. ;)

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2010, 08:08:45 PM »
You're a smart person. That's what you are. I can only say that I understand just parts of it, as grammar isn't my strongest point when it comes to whatever languages I am communicating in.
I really have respect for you Mtglady: you seems to know a lot of grammar and computers. I know almost no woman of your age who knows that kind of stuff. ;)

A woman of my age hmm :-\ - I don't know if I should feel flattered or not - lol  ;D!   
You are the smart one Leto.  I don't think I could learn to communicate as well as you in another language or languages. 
Just keep your 'ARM' on the forum and Happy Simming!

Monique

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2011, 12:03:41 PM »
Does anyone know if or where characters' photos taken with cameras or their phones get stored?  Are they separate files?
Thinking these might be slowing things down, too.

Monique

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2011, 03:13:53 PM »
Also, I decided to clear the DCBackup files:  but I don't have one!  I had Windows search, and there is no such file in my Sims 3 files, nor is there a DCCache.  Anybody know what's up with that?  Totally confused about what to do now.  I've got Windows Vista.

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2011, 03:14:17 PM »
Does anyone know if or where characters' photos taken with cameras or their phones get stored?  Are they separate files?
Thinking these might be slowing things down, too.

They're stored in your My Documents (or Libraries/Documents/My Documents if you're using Windows 7)>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Screenshots.

If you take videos they're stored under Recorded Videos.

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2011, 03:16:07 PM »
Also, I decided to clear the DCBackup files:  but I don't have one!  I had Windows search, and there is no such file in my Sims 3 files, nor is there a DCCache.  Anybody know what's up with that?  Totally confused about what to do now.  I've got Windows Vista.

The DCBackup is also under the My Documents... folders. Instead of screenshots there should be a folder called DCBackup. If it's not there then something's gone seriously wrong and your best bet is to re-install everything. There are some helpful threads in this section that explains it all.

anything