Author Topic: Problems After Patch 1.3  (Read 8776 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Problems After Patch 1.3
« on: April 29, 2011, 02:33:22 PM »
Is it just me or is everyone having some of these problems since the patch?

1. EXTREME slo-mo, jerky movements and lag.  It makes it almost impossible to place things in build mode.  I had some of this before the patch but now it's so much worse the game is almost unplayable.

2.  On saying yes to the patch, it ate all my previous games and I can no longer play them even though the files for them are still there.  I lost all my CAS saved Sims, all my patterns, colors, etc.  I would like to continue to play the game I was on but have no idea how to access it.  Almost had most of my heroes to level 10 so it's more than frustrating.

On the slo-mo.  I recently removed my I-tunes stuff so no music on my pc.  I also removed all my videos and thousands of photos.  I defragged after that.  I turn off EADM and my anti-virus.  I have cleared out the unnecessary files and have gone into msconfig to remove background stuff that runs at startup.  All my specs are more than within the requirements.  My drivers are updated.  I do not play with my browser on.  I'm really at my wits end not knowing what more I can do.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Medieval Problems after patch
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 02:55:10 PM »
The only problem I've experienced so far is that all the sims in CAS are invisible.  Both the ones I created and the ones that were in there before.  I can click  on them and bring them up on the pedestal, but their icons are gone.  I have to guess and click multiple pictures to find the one I'm looking for.

As for the other problems you mentioned, Joria, I haven't played the game much since the patch, so I haven't experienced those problems, but that doesn't mean I still won't.  But the ambition I was playing is still intact, thank goodness.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 03:40:34 PM »
Schip I had that problem at first also.  I just got distracted in mid-rant about the game to my hubby and when I looked back several minutes later they were very slowly showing up.  It took a good minute or two for each icon to fill once it started.  Mine, of course, were gone.

----------
My No Buy Story

chadgar24

Merchant not getting all his money
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 04:04:05 PM »
So my merchant went out to sea and traded about 6 different suits of armor, and the box popped out of the side said I sold this armor for $$$, that armor for $$$.  However, my funds only increased about a third of the amount I should have got.  So I tried it again, using wildflowers, same deal.  I sold 2 different types of flowers, but it only gave me the money for one of them in my funds.  Has anyone else had problems with not getting all your profits?  I wonder if you are suppose to only have one type at a time?

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
Re: Merchant not getting all his money
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 04:22:50 PM »

I have had the same issue and thought I was seeing things when the pricing popped up in that box :o

For example, according to the Prima Guide, seeds sell in Tredony for 4 Simoles each while the pop-up box shows you earning approximately 20 Simoles each, but in reality you only made the 4 Simoles per seed.  Granted the Prima Guide is sometimes wrong, but in this case I think the figures are closer to being correct than the pop-up box. 

I don't pay attention to the pop-up box anymore as I can usually see that I have ended the day with more money than I started out with.  I am not sure if Merchants at different levels would earn more Simoles per item, nor have I tested it if the Merchant had the 'Haggler' trait would make more.  Would be interesting to try out. 
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

chadgar24

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 04:28:47 PM »
I did a search online, seems other people have noticed the same problem.  It only seems to occure when you have multiple TYPES of a tradable good (differnt suits of armor for example).

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 04:45:58 PM »
...nor have I tested it if the Merchant had the 'Haggler' trait would make more.  Would be interesting to try out. 

Hagglers make more money than non-Hagglers, but not because they sell items at higher prices. They buy items at a 20% discount.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 12:41:13 AM »
I am so angry and upset over how the game is running now I'm ready to give it up.  As a matter of fact, I quit playing two hours short of my usual time.  Today it took me all day to complete two quests and to add three buildings, two of them fixed up the way I want them but I just could not face the third one.  It literally took my monarch 5 minutes, (I timed it), to get from the forest to the path to the village, and we don't even want to talk about how long it took her to patrol to Crafthole.

It was sometimes pretty jerky and often slo before, but now it is pretty near unplayable.  Before if it got that way I'd check to see if something needed fixing, like restart the game, clean out files, the usual stuff.  After doing that it would work ok again.  I think the things they fixed just added so much more draw on resources my pc can't keep up.  I'm perfectly willing to do whatever it would take to make it work better/faster so if any of you pc wizards out there know what I would need for my one year old compaq, using Windows 7, I'd love to know.  Otherwise it was just a huge waste of my time and money to try this game that I was enjoying until now.  What would be the best graphics card and/or drivers forinstance.  ANYTHING to make it work.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 02:03:12 AM »
That is horrible Joria.  It sounds like you have done everything I would suggest.  Maybe, you could try deleting your caches if you can find them. Maybe even reinstalling the game might help.  I don't think that much was changed that should affect your game to such an extent.  I hope you can get it sorted.  Selfishly, I have enjoyed your posts and I will miss them.

I have not noticed any difference in my game.  I lost the progress I made on one quest but everything else seems to be the same.  Someone on another forum thought the thumbnails were very slow in CAS, as if EA has forgotten to cache them. 

Frozenoj

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 02:29:07 AM »
My game is a little jerkier than normal, but not so much that it is unplayable. Trying to rotate things in buy mode is a nightmare, but I've got most of my buildings how I want them already. Two of my heroes just got married so I moved the wizard equipment over to the barracks and positioning that took forever, but I don't expect to do that again for a while.

I also have the invisible sims in CAS but my saved sims still seem to be there.

chadgar24

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 07:04:28 AM »
Would someone else mind sending thier merchant out to import with 2 different types of an item (plants and herbs for example) and see if they are in fact getting all the money they should be.  I would make a note of your current funds, go trade (import) your goods, and compare the amounts it says you recieved to what is actually in your funds.
I would really appreciate it,
thanks!

Chuckles_82

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 09:21:46 AM »
I don't know what your computer's specs are, but does it have the capacity for more RAM? Depending on how much RAM you have already that may help. Your computer may have more slots for more RAM, or you can replace the one/s it has with bigger ones. My initial thoughts were tweeking the virtual memory, but apparently it won't make a significant difference, and may make it a little faster, but could make it even slower if it is not set right. If it's something you're interested in trying (I've never done it myself) google 'virtual memory, speed up game'. The first few topics on answers.yahoo gave some helpful information on how to do this, and what it actually does.

You could also try a virus and malware scan to make sure you don't have a something eating up your system resources. Check the performance bar in task manager, and the processes list to see if anything seems to be using a lot memory.

That's all I can think of myself. You've covered just about everything already. I hope you manage to get it working.

You can check if you meet the minimum, or better yet, recommended game requirements here:
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/
If you don't meet one or more requirements, it will tell you which ones.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 02:17:06 PM »
Thanks everybody.

Chuckles, I'm not sure if it can take more RAM but my dh will check that out for me.  Meanwhile I'll do the other steps you mentioned.  I totally forgot about checking processes etc. which may be the case.  No virus, thank heaven.  I already ran a check on that and will run malware today also.  Forgot that one too!  Thanks so much.  It may help, or may not but definitely worth a shot.

I was thinking maybe my video card wasn't good enough.  I've got an NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT.  I just checked and noticed there are ways to change some of the settings on it for Sims3 but saw nothing for Medieval and really, I wouldn't know what to change if anything.

----------
My No Buy Story

Chuckles_82

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 06:43:07 PM »
I have a 9800 GT, so it is very close to the same as yours, and I'm having no problems with it at all. I read about some of the issues everyone is having, and checked it out in my game. The only thing I'm not up to checking is CAS.

I did also read something about people having problems if they had more than a dual core processor, and having to change their settings to use only 1 or 2 cores or something. I can't remember what problems they were having though.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 09:19:26 PM »
No problems with processes.  That was pretty clean.  I did discover I had old files from my old game in the main folder so I removed them, can't play them anyway.  That helped a bit.  It's still taking a whole day to do one quest though.  Not quite as slow as it was but still an exercise in patience.

----------
My No Buy Story