Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643269 times)

jessssi

Re: The Townie DecaDynasty
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 07:17:22 AM »
Lol, I guess it just depends on how you look at it and how you normally play. I admit, it's a lot of stuff to do but they're not actually hard things to attain.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 07:18:04 AM »
Great minds think alike. I too thought of Agnes at first, actually. ;D
Probably cause we were just talking on Agnes's story!  ;D Anyways this seems actually alot harder than the Immortal Dynasty!! Of course I thought that was impossible before trying it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2011, 07:18:58 AM »
Probably cause we were just talking on Agnes's story!  ;D Anyways this seems actually alot harder than the Immortal Dynasty!! Of course I thought that was impossible before trying it.

Well, it is still difficult without cheats. Lol. ;)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

krisztinka

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 07:19:16 AM »
Great new challenge, just in time for the new expansion! :)
I have a question: we move the heir to a new empty lot or move them in with another childless family/single sim? It isn't really clear who moves and where after the first heir has completed the moving conditions. Can you explain in more detail?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2011, 07:20:00 AM »
Yeah, there's definitely not as much simultaneous juggling as the Immortal Dynasty, folks. The whole moving aspect from house to house is going to give this a completely different flavor than the Immortal Dynasty where you simply stay put forever. Most of you experienced Dynasty players should recognize some crossover with the requirements — i.e. SuperMaxing a skill, the investment requirements, etc. But, that's a good thing. I did not want to recreate the wheel with this one.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2011, 07:22:04 AM »
Great new challenge, just in time for the new expansion! :)
I have a question: we move the heir to a new empty lot or move them in with another childless family/single sim? It isn't really clear who moves and where after the first heir has completed the moving conditions. Can you explain in more detail?

An empty lot? I'm not quite sure how you felt that was an option. No, there are no empty lots you'd be moving to. You start by choosing a Townie family that has no child.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2011, 07:23:32 AM »
I think it's easier in the aspect that you aren't worrying what 8 sims are doing at every point of the game.  Once your heir completes their stuff, they move to a different house alone, and so you're no longer responsible for the old family.
That's one way of looking at it,and I guess it might be easier. Not sure :)
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2011, 07:27:24 AM »
An empty lot? I'm not quite sure how you felt that was an option. No, there are no empty lots you'd be moving to. You start by choosing a Townie family that has no child.

Metro, I think Krisztinka was asking where we should move the heir, not where we start the challenge. That's what I am wondering too.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline lingeringdreams

• Nooboo
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2011, 07:30:41 AM »
the way I understand it, we're moving from one townie home to another right?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2011, 07:33:54 AM »
I'm already lost.  ::) I don't think I can do this...
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2011, 07:35:21 AM »
I'm already lost.  ::) I don't think I can do this...

You can. ;) I too at first thought it is impossible, but thanks to the awesome spreadsheet I quickly understood everything. Bravo, Gheez! :D I still have some questions though..

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2011, 07:40:38 AM »
Sorry to double post, but let's see if I get the theme of this challenge right. So, I start out (let's imagine) with Agnes Crumplebottom, within the first ten days she marries Christopher Steel, then gives birth to a baby boy. Weeks pass and the kid is already an Adult, completed all the moving requirements (if), then, he moves to an empty house (or a townie house - I didn't get this right), and then has to find a wife, have a child etc.. The challenge concludes when the tenth generation of this Sim has completed all the moving requirements, right?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2011, 07:46:09 AM »
Metro, I think Krisztinka was asking where we should move the heir, not where we start the challenge. That's what I am wondering too.

You're moving from one Townie home to the next Townie home. So, when your first heir meets all the moving requirements, then you'd have him/her move to whatever Townie home is next. It's probably going to be the home that the spouse already lives in.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2011, 07:48:40 AM »
You're moving from one Townie home to the next Townie home. So, when your first heir meets all the moving requirements, then you'd have him/her move to whatever Townie home is next. It's probably going to be the home that the spouse already lives in.

Ah, I see. Thanks. :) Okay, now off to start the challenge! Nothing left unanswered for me personally.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2011, 07:53:55 AM »
Okay I'm confused again, does Chris have to do the Req's or does his Child?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]