Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643796 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #285 on: June 07, 2011, 02:40:49 PM »
Would a collection of ten mounted fish count as one of the ten collections?

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #286 on: June 07, 2011, 02:44:24 PM »
Would a collection of ten mounted fish count as one of the ten collections?

Rachel

Yes, fish are a unique group. It can be 10 different ones, 10 of the same, whatever combo you want.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #287 on: June 07, 2011, 05:20:40 PM »
OK, a question that I don't remember seeing.

I know the heir is natural born between two sims living in the same household.  But can the additional non-heir children be adopted? (mom wants five).
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #288 on: June 07, 2011, 05:26:09 PM »
I know the heir is natural born between two sims living in the same household.  But can the additional non-heir children be adopted? (mom wants five).

Yep, adoption is fine for non-heirs.

Offline simsally

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #289 on: June 07, 2011, 06:55:37 PM »
I'm not quite following you. When the heir is ready to move examine the relationships of all household members. If you count up 10 different Sims that are Best Friends (household members are fine) you're fine. Clear?

Am I understanding this right? Does that mean that my heir who is best friends with her mother counts for the requirement of 10? If so it would be kind of easy to have the heir make best friends with all of their family.  With a family of eight they would only need three more to reach the required 10. Also for rule #2, do the NPCs have to remain friends until the heir moves out or just become friends with someone in the house before then? Sorry for being a pest   :-\

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #290 on: June 07, 2011, 07:12:11 PM »
Most people would not want to control a house of eight Sims just to help with the friend requirement.Plus if your house had eight Sims the heir could not get married as the option to propose would never come up with the house being full.This is true even if you intend moving the heir out.Finally there is no guarantee that your house full of Sims will even like one another that is a lot of relationships to control at once.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #291 on: June 07, 2011, 07:25:10 PM »
Also for rule #2, do the NPCs have to remain friends until the heir moves out or just become friends with someone in the house before then? Sorry for being a pest   :-\

The NPC friendship requirement and all other requirements need to be true at moving time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #292 on: June 07, 2011, 10:59:07 PM »
Ok I'm going to ask now since the friend thing seems to be in question. I'm a little confused on the NPC thing. They have to move in? Do the 10 friends have to be NPC's? I thought they just needed to visit. Is there a preference on who the best friends have to be? I thought that was the simplest rule out there. 10 best friends. Bam. Am I making this too simple?

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #293 on: June 07, 2011, 11:11:18 PM »
As far as I understand, it goes like this:
You need 10 NPCs to become your friend. They don't need to move in, but they need to be at friend or higher status when your heir is ready to move.
The ten best friends can be anyone. You could even become best friends with all sims from your NPC requirement.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #294 on: June 08, 2011, 06:18:03 AM »
2. The household must be visited by 10 different NPCs—Maid, Repair Technician, Repoman, Baby Sitter, Adoption Service/Child Protection Worker, Pizza Delivery, Butler, Bartender, Bouncer, Pianist, Burglar, Police, Firefighter, Grim Reaper, Newspaper Delivery, Mail Delivery, Science Geek, Magician, Ghost, Tourist, Paparazzi, male/female dancers—who have attained Friend status.
3. The household must have 10 different Best Friends at moving time. There can be overlap with other households’ Best Friends and the NPC requirement can serve double duty here if any are also Best Friends.

OK, I was thinking this was clear, not shore what is confusing,except now your questions are confusing me.
For example, it's time for your first Generation to move, and you pause the game to check relationships. Butler, maid, pizza delivery, repairman and newspaper delivery girl are best friend. There is also a tourist, paparazzi, mixologyst, pianist and bouncer as good friends. Your 1.Generation also has full relationship with future spouse, and that is 6 best friends and 10 befriended NPC's. If heirs little brother have 4 best friends in highschool, than you're good to go (except if one of those friends is newspaper delivery girl your heir already claimed as best friend).
I understood that relationships between household members doesn't count, but anyone from household can count their unique bestfriends to total requirement. I might be wrong with this.

EDIT: And to make shore they visited your household while they are friends, someone with LTR Legendary Host can invite them to the wedding party ;)

Offline simsally

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #295 on: June 08, 2011, 07:25:59 AM »
I thought this was asked and answered but I can't find it here, maybe in a different challenge. Anyway, are we allowed to use the mirror and dresser to change our heirs clothing and hairstyle? So far so good but you never know...they get goofy sometimes.  On a side note, I completely blinked out and had my founder making friends without thinking he would be a tombstone by the time my first heir moves  >:(  My heir just became a child though so I have time to fix it. Also thinking of adopting a teen to make some friends too, is that ok, or do you have to adopt sims younger than your heir?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #296 on: June 08, 2011, 07:39:55 AM »
For example, it's time for your first Generation to move, and you pause the game to check relationships. Butler, maid, pizza delivery, repairman and newspaper delivery girl are best friend. There is also a tourist, paparazzi, mixologyst, pianist and bouncer as good friends. Your 1.Generation also has full relationship with future spouse, and that is 6 best friends and 10 befriended NPC's. If heirs little brother have 4 best friends in highschool, than you're good to go (except if one of those friends is newspaper delivery girl your heir already claimed as best friend).
I understood that relationships between household members doesn't count, but anyone from household can count their unique bestfriends to total requirement. I might be wrong with this.

Yeah, remember, some moving requirements are specific to an heir. But, #2 and #3 are household requirements at the time an heir moves. So, everyone can contribute.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #297 on: June 08, 2011, 08:54:05 AM »
Also thinking of adopting a teen to make some friends too, is that ok, or do you have to adopt sims younger than your heir?

You can't adopt a teen, the game only gives the options of infant, toddler, and child.

Offline simsally

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #298 on: June 08, 2011, 01:42:20 PM »
Thanks tjsmetana, never adopted so didn't know that  :D

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #299 on: June 09, 2011, 08:37:31 AM »
I'm not quite following you. When the heir is ready to move examine the relationships of all household members. If you count up 10 different Sims that are Best Friends (household members are fine) you're fine. Clear?
Yeah, remember, some moving requirements are specific to an heir. But, #2 and #3 are household requirements at the time an heir moves. So, everyone can contribute.

OK, now I am confused.  Can my heir count his brother as a best friend?