Author Topic: Prom  (Read 51015 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Prom
« on: June 04, 2011, 02:39:18 PM »
I just had my first Sim Prom today in my Dynasty and it's a really interesting thing! The Limo arrives about an Hour before it starts or you can drive there yourself, it seems that your Date arrives at your House to go there with you although neither of my Twins dates went with them in the Limo, then your date arrives and you get notifications that X is really getting on with Y. I had my Dynasty Spare take a Guy she just met to Prom, they went from Aquaintances all the Way to maxed Relationships and even became Boy Friend and Girl Friend in there! The Prom Queen gets a Moodlet and a Crown. One Twin had One more School Friend than the Other and that seemed to be the determining Factor, the Pictures your Teens get also have different pictures. One Twin and her Date were dancing almost, the other Twin had her Boyfriend doing the Girl Position and her doing the Guy one of him draped on her showing off his legs! Lol! I only had a positive experience of the Prom so far. You get a mini Photograph like from the Mobile or the Small Portrait on the Camera and if they get Prom Queen they get a Crown.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Prom
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 03:20:24 PM »
Just like samoht said, I had one twin teen go single and the other twin took her date and were named Queen and King of the prom.  The first twin managed to snag a romantic interest while there.  Some of the sayings in the right corner were really neat.  I have more pics of other things in Generations too.

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 10:33:36 PM »
I am wondering what prompts the Prom? Is it when the teen is nearing the end of teenage days? Because I play with aging off, so I'm hoping I can still do prom.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 11:06:13 PM »
My teen went to prom every Sunday evening she was a teen.  It seemed like it was just on the schedule automatically.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 04:35:32 AM »
My Girls had Prom on the Monday of their last week at School. I'd think it could be random but It would give you a few days just to make friends and get in a chance at winning the Prom King or Queen, I think amount of Friends influences that.

Tia Jade and Josue Rodeik:

Megan Jade and Lucas Rodeik + Crown for Prom Queen:

Offline matrona99

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 12:01:00 AM »
My eldest teen girl got the prompt to invite someone to the prom as she was approaching her young adult birthday, but her younger teen brothers soon got the prompt as well. All three rode to the prom in a limo--they would have missed the prom entirely if I hadn't heard the limo's horn because I had all three of them slaving in the garden as it pulled up! It was a Tuesday night--I guess her upcoming birthday determined the date.

Berta, my eldest girl, was elected prom queen and her step-brother, Sam Sekemoto, was elected prom king. Um... awkward. They had a great time and improved relationships with their dates, but their younger half-brother was a typical freshman dork, falling flat on his face on the dance floor. Poor kid!

It's a nice addition to the game, I think. The messages in the corner are a hoot.

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 02:19:12 AM »
Are prom nights, rabbit hole events? i.e. you can't see what's happening or are prom nights like parties when you can interact with other Sims there? I'm just two days into generations... Thanks! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 02:32:17 AM »
It's in the School Rabbit Hole. So far I think the only way to influence Prom King and Queen is through Friends at School.

Offline jen2912

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 05:24:01 PM »
Is Prom on a certain day or just random cuz my teen had hers on a friday?

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 06:50:10 PM »

Prom seems to be a random event.  My teen's date showed up at his house but did not get into the limo with him.  According to the announcements, he and his date and a wonderful time.  He was also crowned King of the Prom and brought home his crown and a picture of the two of them dancing.

The funny part was that his date stayed at his house and did her homework then played with his brothers.  Somehow she ended up being in both places at once ???.
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 08:43:19 PM »
My brother and sister Sims just went to the prom last night.  They both did not have any dates, but that did not turn out to be a problem. They had a great time and were separately crowned King and Queen of the night. I say separate  because each of them had a solo picture souvenir. They both received their crowns. It was a wonder to me that they were crowned because first of all, they had no dates, I thought only pairs get crowned. I was thinking it was because of friendliness ( the girl "April" had the friendly trait), but her brother Willard had the evil trait, so I guess popularity is not it. I still thought it was fabulous and I was so happy for them! They used to live kinda boring lives, April is a home buddy who spends time watching TV and caring for her toddler sister, while her teen brother Willard just goes on his evil ways, unpopular, just wants to be a scientist. Generations sure made their lives interesting!  ;D

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 02:59:54 AM »
The funny part was that his date stayed at his house and did her homework then played with his brothers.  Somehow she ended up being in both places at once ???.

Same here, one of my Girls Dates came to their house first with his Brother who was with her Sister, I then realised that only 3 of them left and 1 stayed but apaprently he was still at the Dance!

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 02:21:25 PM »
I had a male teen attend Prom with his Romantic Interest - it was Thursday of his first week of school, which he started on Monday. She came to the house and didn't get in the limo with him, but eventually left (I assumed to go to the dance - there was no 'goodbye' pop-up).  I got a series of pop-up messages: he and his date had a lot of fun dancing, he was crowned Prom King, and he came home with a Girlfriend instead of an Interest (which I hadn't quite wanted, but sometimes I have to remember that the game isn't kidding about the free will thing. :) )
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 10:52:43 PM »
I sent my heir, his 2 adopted brothers, 2 adopted sisters, and a former imaginary friend to the prom.  Several of them came home after getting into fights and being rejected.  The former imaginary friend and one of the adopted brothers are now romantic.  It was definitely interesting, oh and two of the kids were brought home by the police.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

SweetSimmies

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 11:17:19 AM »
I sent my oldest daughter and her younger brother to prom. Jillian, the daughter, went with her girlfriend and Darius went solo. While there Darius was crowned king and Jillian queen. Darius got a romantic interest while he was there except there is a slight problem. His romantic interest was a dude.  :o I was shocked. Like i think there is something in the water in twinbrook. (i believe that is the name of the neighborhood). Besides that they had a wonderful time.

anything