Author Topic: Boarding school problems  (Read 74231 times)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
Re: Boarding school problems
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011, 05:50:46 AM »
Sent the eldest to boarding school as a teen and she just returned (LeFromage) with the trait "Photographer's Eye" and the LTW "Visionary". She never came back for Prom.
Her IF has not yet returned from the Sport Academy, so maybe he's stuck.
The second daughter was sent as a child to LeFromage and has not yet returned. She's a teenager now and there have been no visits.
The second IF called saying he hated school, so I let him return. As a teenager he's awful! He already had insane and rebellious traits. He picked up "Ambitious" at Smuggsworth. the day he returned he automously set 4 booby traps and had everyone yelling at him. So I had the father pack him off to the Military Academy. I hope he gets stuck and doesn't return.

Edit: I had him starve to death. He was too awful to let loose on the other Townies.

Corgi Cat

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2011, 02:37:11 PM »
This just happened to me as well. I was watching for the bus, but it never came. I deleted her with moveObjects on and it now lists her as at the Sports Academy. And I did save before.

Thanks to all that mentioned the moveObjects method.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

JustSal

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 12:18:56 AM »
Hi, new kid here, wonder if anyone else has heard of this, I cant seem to find any help so far:
Every time i try to enroll my teen the parent goes to the computer as if completing the action, then the computer turns off and I am not prompted if I am sure or not.  Same thing happens when i try to enroll over the phone. Sim talks on the phone then hangs up. No option. This is only happening with one family. There are no children in the fam so i dont know if they are affected too. The teens have 9 and 10 days left till they age up.

Offline imaginaryspaces

• Nooboo
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2013, 07:37:41 PM »
One thing that works and doesn't involve cheating (if you have a legacy or are just against it in general) is to go to Edit Town mode. Enter the Edit Town mode, saving when you do, and click on the active house. Separate the 'problem' sims (those who can't go to boarding school who are at boarding school, or a parent who is teaching a child to walk or talk or go potty and got stuck) and move them to the clipboard. Once they are on the clipboard merge them back with their family in your active house. Return to gave SAVING AGAIN and your boarding school kids will be removed from boarding school, at home, and attending the local school. You can sign them back up to go back to boarding school after they come home. Hope this helps!

Offline Anamda

• Nooboo
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 04:00:55 PM »
I've had problems, too. My sim won't come home from boarding school! He should be a young adult by now and with him there, I can't age him up and I don't want to un-enroll him and not have him graduate from Smugsworth, so I don't know what to do! I was hoping he would at least come home for prom like Sims have done in the past and I would age him up then, but he didn't come home! Help?

Offline JadeSimmer118

• Nooboo
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2014, 06:54:37 PM »
I sent 4 or 5 sims to different boarding schools for the first time today and instead of having the problem everyone is having it instead crashed my game. What can I do to fix it? do i need to uninstall the game then reinstall it?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2014, 02:58:48 AM »
I'm not entirely sure this will fully help, but here's something that might help with the boarding school problems.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/bug-boarding-school-troubles.html

I'm sorry to hear about the crashing. Do you get an error message? If so what does it say? This will help when searching for a fix for the problem.

In the meantime, you could look over this link to see if it might help.

Save Errors (Error 12, 13, or 16)
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-save-errors-error-12-13-or-16.html

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Foxx

• Nooboo
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2014, 04:18:27 AM »
Hey Simmers,
I've had this problem before. I had twin boys, Axel and Pilot, and I enrolled Axel into Smugglesworth Prep School, and Pilot into Fort Starch Military School. Pilot went off to boarding school without a problem. But Axel never left. I did some research and tried what they said to do. It worked! What I did was:
Saved my game (incase anything goes wrong - better safe than sorry!)
Make sure my child sim had nothing in his queue.
Go to build/buy mode.
Press Cntrl+shift+C
Typed in 'moveobjects on' and pressed enter.
Clicked on my sim.
Press delete.
Go back to live mode and the problem was solved!

Good luck guys!
Foxx
Where words fail, music speaks.
~Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2014, 03:41:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing that, Foxx.  Glad you were able to fix the problem in your game.  Hopefully others will find your strategy useful too.  And welcome to the forum!  :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline sadsim

• The Saddest Sim
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2014, 10:45:01 AM »
I did what imaginaryspaces suggested after encountering an issue where I moved a sim in and it brought my child and teen home from boarding school but I couldn't reenroll them. I took their mom and them and put them in the clipboard thenerged them back. The only warning I have for this is them and their mother had their current promised wishes removed.