Author Topic: When Dreams Come True Opportunity  (Read 17361 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
When Dreams Come True Opportunity
« on: June 29, 2011, 02:41:00 AM »
Two of my children have the When Dreams Come True opportunity where they need to find a rainbow gem and take it to the Science Center.  I'm guessing this is part of getting the potion to make an Imaginary Friend Real.  My question is...  will the rainbow gem show up with a tag on the child's Map View?  Or do I have to go through the ordeal of searching all over Sunset Valley for gems until I find the right one?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
Re: When Dreams Come True Opportunity
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 03:40:01 AM »
I haven't got that opportunity yet, but one of the child got the scavenger hunt. All the required gems and ores showed up nicely. Those were common items, so maybe you just need to wait a little bit for a rainbow gem to be spawned. Sometimes, with the Simbot opportunity, I need to wait a couple of days to see a pink diamond.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 04:25:08 AM »
You can easily get a rainbow gem by adventuring. Try the Consignment Store as well. If it isn't on the list, buy out everything, sell those, and repeat the process till one spawns. It will eventually, assured. ;)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

VampirePlasma

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 09:10:56 AM »
Oh yes! Adventuring was the esiast way to find it! I found 2. I think it was The Great Sphinix.

Kestris

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 12:03:41 PM »
Two of my children have the When Dreams Come True opportunity where they need to find a rainbow gem and take it to the Science Center.  I'm guessing this is part of getting the potion to make an Imaginary Friend Real.  My question is...  will the rainbow gem show up with a tag on the child's Map View?  Or do I have to go through the ordeal of searching all over Sunset Valley for gems until I find the right one?

In my experience, it was easier to  play with the Chemistry set until my sim discovered the potion than it was to search for a rainbow gem.

I've found exactly ONE, anywhere in my game.}:/

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 10:43:41 PM »
I can't go adventuring in this particular game because it's a challenge.  I'm trying to buy out the gems at the Consignment Store to see if that will work.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 02:34:08 AM »
I can't go adventuring in this particular game because it's a challenge.  I'm trying to buy out the gems at the Consignment Store to see if that will work.

Just a little caution: you may end up losing some amount of money that way, because rainbow gem is not common at the Consignment Store, like, say, pink diamond. :-\
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 02:58:19 AM »
Pam, you're in your BBIII game, right? Good luck with your challenge! Your singing quartet video was lovely by the way.

I agree with Kestris. The potion road is probably faster and cheaper. If you have a Sim with middle to high logic level, put him/her on the chemistry set. Sometimes they fail at discovering potion and they end up singed. A little shower will wipe out the moodlet. Once the cemist has found the potion, follow the instruction in this post.

Some tips on the consignement shop:
If your family has put items on sale, first cancel all those consignements (for each Sims) before you start purchasing the whole stock. Otherwise, it may cause the register to stop working.
When you've found what you want, you can safely put items back on consignement.
You'll probably need to buy everything several times. If you're a bit short on $, sell the goods in your inventory at once. Otherwise, put them on consignement. You'll get your money back, plus some profit and raise your reputation.

You could also try to find the rainbow gem with a miner. It's just very noisy, and probably not faster than the other solutions.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 03:48:25 AM »
I'm not particularly interested in actually turning the Imaginary Friend into a real Sim in this game.  It's just that all 4 of the kids who have the doll/IF also have the opportunity to bring a rainbow gem to the science center.  I'm wondering how the game expects a child to get his hands on a rainbow gem.  I don't have the time to spare because of the challenge (yes, it's Baby Boomer III and the 4 kids are the 4 toddlers from the video), so I'm not going to explore it very much right now.  I check periodically in Map View, but nothing so far.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 07:23:27 PM »
When Dreams Come True Opportunity

1. Find and collect a Rainbow Gem
2. Select the gem from personal inventory and select mail to science center.
3. Pay $4500 to get the Imaginary Friend the Metamorphium potion.
4. Give potion to IF to drink to become real.

I've been able to do this one before, but had to move the family to Sunset Valley, where the science center is not combined.

My current family lives in a town with a combined hospital/science center and is unable to complete this opportunity.

*Solution*

1. Replace combined rabbit holes with stand alone buildings - for example copy the science center from Sunset Valley.

2. Buy a chemistry station and have a sim learn the Imaginary Friend Metamorphium potion, if you would prefer not to change the rabbit holes.

Hope this helps those that are trying to get their Sims's IF to become real. :)

You have to have the IF doll out of the Sim's inventory around the child's birthday so it can grow up along with the child.

----------
Reference Link:

When Dreams Come True bugged?
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/587636.page

Unfortunately yes, you'll need to replace the hospital/science facility rabbit hole and place the non-combined ones. The combined rabbit holes make some opportunities not work out. You can also buy a chemistry station and have a sim learn the imaginary friend potion that way, if you would prefer not to change the rabbit holes.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything