Author Topic: Consignment Items Will Not Sell  (Read 9541 times)

MWisBest

Consignment Items Will Not Sell
« on: July 16, 2011, 01:52:06 AM »
In my first few sim days of using the consignment store my items were selling all the time, but now they will not sell at all. I have even tried what the guide says by: "Buy 99 Lettuce and 99 Apples for 5 Simoleons each. Head to the store around 2:30 and consign all 99 (use the quantity boxes to make this easier). My test Sim managed to sell over 100 of the items at $10 each, making all her money back."... and nothing sold for me. For 2 days.

I have Born Salesman trait, and Suave Seller LTR. When things started to stop selling, it seemed to be around when my sim died from an inventing fire (the firefighters were literally 1 second late to put it out. They got there and were 2 inches from me and then I died and then they said they can't find the fire.), however I gave Grim a Death Flower (which I didn't think I even had!). Ever since then NOTHING is selling. I took everything out of consignment and tried again at a later date with new items and it didn't do any good.

Any idea on how I can fix this?

CarlosLordofTacos

Re: Consignment Items Will Not Sell
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 08:26:14 AM »
I`ve had this bug too. But there was no near death experience in mine so maybe that isn`t why yours happening. Of course, it could be one of several triggers. I think mine was because I had testingcheatsenabled true for an extended period of time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 08:40:14 AM »
You could always try replacing the Consignment Store cash register or the store itself. Of course, if you're doing a challenge, you'll have to check with your challenge coordinator because the first method is using cheats. So here we go.

1. - First turn on testing cheats (Ctrl+Shift+C => testingcheatsenabled true). Then, Shift+Click on the ground of the Consignment Store and select either Build or Buy on This Lot. Afterward, find the cash register (I believe it's in the Build mode, under Community Lot objects or something alike) and replace the original one with it. Go back to Live Mode. Soon a new clerk will arrive and (hopefully) you'll be able to sell your items.

2. - The second way is used rarely because the first way usually helps, but if it doesn't, you can try replacing the Consignment Store itself. Go to Edit Town mode, find the store in the Community Lot bin. Bulldoze the original Store, and place the new one.

If neither of the methods helped, then I guess your save file is bugged. Best of luck. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 12:23:21 AM »
I've had this happen on more than a few occasions in a few of my recent saves. I took notes on some troubleshooting tips that I wanted to share:

Fix a Bugged Elixir/Consignment Shop

If you find your Elixir/Consignment shop closed try moving the Sims out and back in. This will reset the things they have for sale at either shop.

1. Move the household out and back in.

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household (How-To)
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812

2. Use Nraas MasterController to Reset Everything. -
From City Hall > Nraas > M.C. > Town > Reset Everything.

3. Replace the Elixir/Consignment shop and/or it's register.

Bulldoze the lot, find the community lot in the Community lots tab in the Library, and place on same lot.

-- From what I understand moving the household out and back in will reset what things didn't sell quick enough.

You should be able to click on the register and have the buy option as well as see the cashier.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything