Author Topic: Invitation to a Special Party  (Read 74045 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Invitation to a Special Party
« on: July 20, 2011, 09:56:45 PM »
Greetings, dear friends!  Next month our wonderful Forum celebrates its second birthday.  I wanted to invite you all over to my place to lift a glass to the Forum and its fantastic members.  Wouldn't you all really like to come to Saskatchewan for a party?  Ok, maybe it's a bit far for some of you.  So I propose that we send our Simmy Selves to the party to represent us.  If you're interested, create a Sim version of yourself and post a screenshot in this thread.  Carl's first post welcoming people to the Forum was made on August 31, 2009, so I'm taking that as the Forum's official birthday.  On August 31, we'll see how many of us are here ready to party.

Here's my Sim-Me wearing her best pink Schipperke t-shirt (thanks to Gheez for the pattern) and waiting to welcome everyone to her living-room.  There's champagne and lemonade to drink, and look - I even baked cupcakes!  Ok, I didn't bake them - I bought them.  (That means they're safe to eat.  ;D )  The green Schipperke panel on the wall is standing in for a quilt that I couldn't replicate and for my Schips who won't be able to put in an appearance until after Pets is released.  Other than that, the room and I are as close to the real thing as I could get.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: Invitation to a Special Party
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 10:12:14 PM »
What a cute idea! I'd love to join in  ;D. What expansion and stuff packs do you have? My simself has store hair ("Just Divine"), would that be OK?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 10:20:32 PM »
I was thinking we'd just all post our own pictures here, so people could use whatever items they have from expansion or stuff packs or the store.  Given the game restrictions on household size and party invitation lists, I don't think our Simmy Selves could actually all get together, unless there aren't that many people interested.  But we can be together here in this thread. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 10:39:24 PM »
So we post a picture of ourselves welcoming other members into our home, like you did? I can do that. :)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 11:40:32 PM »
The funny thing is that I actually have a sim-self already made.  I used it for my avatar on the official forums.  I'll have to dig him (me) up and take a screenshot.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 12:04:25 AM »
Okay, here we go:

Hi all, welcome to my humble abode! And by "humble abode", I mean the room the university gave me. Don't mind the clutter, have a seat! Try not to bump the shelves, they're not very stable. Would you like a drink? It's the only thing in the fridge after all, ha ha ha! What? No, I don't have any nectar, the stuff you get 'round here tastes like engine oil and would make you blind after a couple of glasses. No music either, I'm afraid, but the neighbours get back from class soon and they'll pump theirs up loud enough to hear all the way from the campus! You do like Justin Beiber, right? No? Well, you go tell them to turn it down then, they don't listen to me any more.

Huh? Yeah, of course there's gonna be things to do tonight, do I look like a bad host to you? We could... uh, talk Sims! Yeah! We can all gush about how much we love the Sims, now there's something we can only do face-to-face! Or we could go down to the common room and watch TV, although the football's on tonight so it might be booked out. Or we could go down to the tavern, but I'd rather not; I think there's a student party there tonight so it might be a bit wild. Hey, don't look disappointed! You're lucky you've got a spot in my room, most of us will have to stand out in the corridor once it gets crowded. It's Lights Out at 10:30 and the walls are pretty thin, so no talking out there. Pringle?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 12:29:40 AM »
I don't have pictures of him in a room, so you'll have to settle for CAS pictures for now.

Oops. This picture isn't accurate. My hair is brown and my nose is bigger than that.

Don't stand on my PS2! Hey, that's a rental! Noooo, that's my good computer! Hi, my name is Seabody, I'm your host for this evening. Tonight, it'll be calm until 11PM when the house is asleep. After that, I'll crank the volume up to 24.6!
Hey, you! Pass me some Coke! *guzzle* Ah, good stuff. Right, who likes Matrix? There's a PS2 with Path of Neo playing, go knock yourselves out. The rest of the house is out of bounds until Matrix has been beaten.
Who wants Peanuts!?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Legacy11

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 05:15:41 AM »
My favorite thread on the site!  Will absolutely be reading it as more people contribute, and I will add my Simself soon.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 06:57:38 AM »
I'll see if I can create a sim-self and will post later. A very fun idea for a thread. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 07:33:11 AM »
I will make one and myself soon. :) Although, it won't be very accurate: I am horrible at making simselfs, lol.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 08:21:30 AM »
I`ll be happy to post here on Tuesday when my laptop has net again! :)

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 08:24:31 AM »
Yes!  The party is beginning!  I can't wait to see everyone's Sim Selves.  I feel like I'm actually getting a chance to meet people here.  I'm so glad you like the idea.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 08:32:21 AM »
Would it be okay to maybe attach a file of your simself for download to your post?

It would be cool if we did that because we could try and get them all in a party, merging 8 of them together in a household, inviting another ten to the party as guests and then using invite over to get as many people there as possible. It`d be quite funny to see!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 08:32:43 AM »
I'll be there. Now that all the hard stuff with the forum's done I'm ready to party lol. I'm going to need a picture just to reference my own face  :D

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 08:34:01 AM »
I`ll be disappointed when you look nothing like Seth Rogen as I have always assumed, Carl. ;)