Author Topic: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?  (Read 1650651 times)

Offline catlover

• Townie
Re: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?
« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2010, 07:09:30 PM »
My current Rock Star carried his infant nephew to the beach for a party without me realizing it!  He just laid the baby on the ground and partied!  I had to bring his sister to come get her baby because the uncle had to go to work straight from the party.  It was funny.  I'd really like to see items to carry babies around, especially infants.  Just laying them on the ground is so bad.  Right now, I use Edit Town to place cribs and toys in public locations so that my Sims can bring their babies and toddlers when they study at the library or fish at the park. 

Pam, What are the steps to put cribs and toys outside of your home lot? I was hoping to put a baby crib inside of a house that isn't mine. Is this possible? I've tried edit town, movingObjects on cheat and nothing has worked so far. Thanks.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2010, 07:36:11 PM »
You need to have testingcheatsenabled on.  Then to go the lot in question and shift+click the house or yard.  You'll get options to "build on this lot" and "buy on this lot."  Choose one of those and then you can do whatever you want to the other house.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2010, 08:17:13 PM »
You need to have testingcheatsenabled on.  Then to go the lot in question and shift+click the house or yard.  You'll get options to "build on this lot" and "buy on this lot."  Choose one of those and then you can do whatever you want to the other house.

Thanks Pam! I appreciate the help. My Sims baby won't have to lay on the floor or outside in the grass anymore. He has a crazy Mom, poor little guy. Lol, thanks again!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2010, 10:18:59 PM »
I put cribs in the library and at the park.  I put potty chairs in both places, too, for when they are potty trained.  And I put toys at the park so they'll have something to do while mom and dad talk to people or fish.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #154 on: March 10, 2010, 01:58:10 AM »
I never tried to woohoo in a tent and didn't know it could be done.  But it's really funny and the tent jumps around and spins.

I usually have my Sims get married in a quick private ceremony, but this was one of the Argos girls and I had a proper wedding for her.  It turned out so pretty!

In my new legacy family, the first borns are a set of twins.  One of the twins is evil and has a boyfriend.  Her sister invited the boyfriend home from school and this shot is from inside the bus.  You can see the boyfriend sitting by the sister and the girlfriend giving them the Evil Eye from two rows back.

And lastly, my Grand Slam couple's house was burglarized by Robbie Bland, who was kind enough to pose for a picture before he escaped capture.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #155 on: March 10, 2010, 12:44:56 PM »
Those pictures are hilarious, Pam!  Especially the burglar!  Awesome!

I recently started a new Legacy too.  The first couple had not one, not two, but THREE sets of twins!  The first two sets I was trying for multiples, she had a LTW of surrounded by family, but the third time I was actually hoping for just one, and whaddya know!

Then just recently the oldest set of twins became adults, one got married, and now she has a set of twins too!  She didn't have fertility treatment, or listen to kids music or tv or anything!  Maybe it's hereditary?

TylerDurden

« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2010, 04:37:32 PM »
Those pictures are hilarious, Pam!  Especially the burglar!  Awesome!

I recently started a new Legacy too.  The first couple had not one, not two, but THREE sets of twins!  The first two sets I was trying for multiples, she had a LTW of surrounded by family, but the third time I was actually hoping for just one, and whaddya know!

Then just recently the oldest set of twins became adults, one got married, and now she has a set of twins too!  She didn't have fertility treatment, or listen to kids music or tv or anything!  Maybe it's hereditary?
I always thought it was comical how all the burglars almost introduce themselves as I always have a burglar contact in my sims registry after they rob me.  I like hunting them down and picking fights with them the next day.  That'll teach em to nick my stuffs whilst I am snoozing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #157 on: March 10, 2010, 05:24:32 PM »
I tried so hard to find Robbie Bland the first time he robbed one of my very early Sims.  It took me awhile to figure out that he doesn't have a house in town.  He came to burglarize me again and I followed him with the camera only to see him go inside the Criminal Warehouse.  Then I invited him to visit and both of my Sims beat him up.  After that, he wouldn't come over when my Sim invited him.  He even said things like, "I don't like you!  Leave me alone!"  Hehe.  Finally in the end, my Sim let him go while he was standing by the police car after being arrested for breaking into my house AGAIN.  Robbie thanked my Sim, ran off, and never came back.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

TylerDurden

« Reply #158 on: March 11, 2010, 12:32:47 AM »
I tried so hard to find Robbie Bland the first time he robbed one of my very early Sims.  It took me awhile to figure out that he doesn't have a house in town.  He came to burglarize me again and I followed him with the camera only to see him go inside the Criminal Warehouse.  Then I invited him to visit and both of my Sims beat him up.  After that, he wouldn't come over when my Sim invited him.  He even said things like, "I don't like you!  Leave me alone!"  Hehe.  Finally in the end, my Sim let him go while he was standing by the police car after being arrested for breaking into my house AGAIN.  Robbie thanked my Sim, ran off, and never came back.
Ever since WA came out, I have used Martial Arts and brave to defend my turf.  I take pride watching robbers die of old age while my Peter Pan eternal character thinks "TSK TSK TSK... You should have been a gardner and harvested my deathfish omni-plant and lifefruit plants instead of trying to steal my giant screen TV and laptop... Silly burglar!"

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2010, 05:51:17 AM »
Ok, wow.  I've never seen this happen before.  I'm playing my new Dreamweaver Legacy and the "spare" daughter (Sagittarius) has a boyfriend named Simon Figeroa.  They started going steady when they were teenagers.  He's a babysitter, so he's not one of the regular townies.  His traits included Charismatic, Green Thumb, and Family Oriented.  He's a good match for Sagitarrius, even if her mother found out he's also a Klepto.  So, Sagittarius got pregnant first, then proposed and married him.  I like to do it backwards with the baby to make sure they procreate before I kick the spares out of the house.  It's all good and fine...  until I lost my game progress because of a Microsoft automatic update (I hate when that happens).  I started the game back up again when it was finished and started over with Simon.  Again, everything is fine until the marriage proposal.  This time he refused because of Commitment Issues!!  His traits actually changed when I lost my progress.  I had control of him briefly before the game crashed, so I'm positive he didn't have this trait the first time around.  Sagittarius tried proposing again and this time he outright LAUGHED at her in his refusal!  I can't believe this.  She talked and romanced him for awhile, tried again with the proposal, and he laughed again.  I know a NPC is subject to a lot of variables, but I've never seen actual changes in traits like this.  They've been pretty steady for me up until now.  Poor Sagittarius.  I guess she'll have to raise her baby alone.  I don't think I can bear to move her out now.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2010, 06:40:21 AM »

Does anyone know why some sims glow red sparkles like this blue-haired guy? I think it has to do with the evil trait, but haven't been able to pin down why it only happens to some sims.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2010, 06:47:42 AM »
Swede,

In this particular case, that's my Sim Hercules Argos from the famous Nectar Making Challenge.  He has the Eye Candy Happiness Reward and it makes him sparkle like that.  The evil thing you're referring to is a red glow they get after becoming the Emperor of Evil.

Update on Sagittarius:  She had a wish to propose again to Simon the next morning.  The fool said yes this time and they were immediately married.  Not only did he have a change of traits, but he also has a different LTW this time.  Before it was Master Theif and this time it's Perfect Garden.  Go figure.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #162 on: March 11, 2010, 06:51:20 AM »
Ah! Thanks Pam! Maybe I've just naturally assumed it was the evil trait since I've never seen any good sims have that and it seemed evil with those red sparkles.
Sorry for the stupid question! ::)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #163 on: March 12, 2010, 10:23:45 PM »
Ah! Thanks Pam! Maybe I've just naturally assumed it was the evil trait since I've never seen any good sims have that and it seemed evil with those red sparkles.
Sorry for the stupid question! ::)
Well, it's not a stupid question, and I can totally understand where you're coming from. There have been scientific studies, and when you see the color red, like the darker red that comes with that particular reward, your blood pressure goes up, you get a little more aggressive, even if you don't realize it. That would explain why red was the color of the Greek god of war, Ares.
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #164 on: March 12, 2010, 10:44:38 PM »
Definitely not a stupid question, Swede.  Also, notice that there are also white sparkles with the red.  They just always glitter like that when they are Eye Candy!  :D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything