Author Topic: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?  (Read 1631446 times)

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
Re: Weird Pics, funny posts or something new?
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 12:41:07 PM »
Oh Hey, I finally looked up and saw "the plane, the birds, the plane, the birds, the Balloon, the Balloon Plane almost Crash"!  ???  :D

Happy Simming!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 11:25:12 PM »
How do get the camera to look up that far?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 02:18:14 PM »
When you are in game hit your Tab Key, then just move/slide your mouse to move the camera view.  Just so you know the mouse moves the camera view around somewhat wildly and it takes a little getting used to moving the camera using the mouse (although it still causes me a little motion sickness)  :-\.  This is how you can also get close up shots of your Sims, but you need to use your keyboard commands to change the angles for your shots. ;)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 08:09:51 PM »
Oh wow!  That's awesome!  I didn't know about the tab key function.  Thank you!!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 11:19:21 PM »
Me neither. I get the feeling I should try reading the manual sometime. :D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 07:20:54 AM »
This is pretty funny. Brings back memories from when I was a new father and did stuff like this since I didn't know any better (I'm kidding, I'm kidding  :D  :D) —

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 03:27:37 PM »
You're welcome Pam, learned that trick from my TS2 days....I think there are so many things about this game that I will never learn them all.  :P

Nice pic Metro, I'm sure you're a way better Dad than that!  ;D  My Sims lay the baby on the ground too!  :o :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2009, 11:31:32 PM »
My current Rock Star carried his infant nephew to the beach for a party without me realizing it!  He just laid the baby on the ground and partied!  I had to bring his sister to come get her baby because the uncle had to go to work straight from the party.  It was funny.  I'd really like to see items to carry babies around, especially infants.  Just laying them on the ground is so bad.  Right now, I use Edit Town to place cribs and toys in public locations so that my Sims can bring their babies and toddlers when they study at the library or fish at the park. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 01:56:57 AM »
This is pretty funny. Brings back memories from when I was a new father and did stuff like this since I didn't know any better (I'm kidding, I'm kidding  :D  :D) —

That's just wrong.
When I first saw one of these things in my game I thought it was some kind of collectible. It's laying on the ground in a public place, I can pick it up and sell it, right? :D

Anyway, does anyone know what's up with these green arrows I sometimes see sticking out of my walls?

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 03:55:56 AM »
Those green arrows will allow you to pull or push that wall and make the room bigger or smaller in build mode.  Saves time when you are just expanding a room and don't want to go through the trouble of taking down a wall just to build another one nearby and have to go through painting the walls and laying new floor tiles.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 05:19:13 AM »
Oh cool! That never occurred to me because I've seen it a few times in live mode too.

I play soo much with no house. :-[ :D

And speaking of that: I started playing with one of my non-houses, my sim was using the telescope and saw a meteor fall. I was going to go looking for it but then I moved the view around and:

:o :o :o

A giant meteor fell right in the middle of the lot! :o
What if it fell on her! :o :o

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2009, 07:03:31 AM »
That's an awesome pic, PJ. What are the chances of those things dropping right in a Sim's lot?!

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2009, 09:21:25 AM »
@PJSim, if you are seeing the green arrows on your walls while in live mode, then you must have just been in build mode.  It's just another one of the quirks of the game that if you go from build mode straight back to live mode the arrows stay around.  ::)  So before going back to live mode you need to go to buy mode then back to live mode when playing your game.  :D  The arrows are annoying when you are taking pics, so if they bug you then that's how to get rid of them...  ;)

Nice meteor pic, I know people have talked about if Sims can die by a meteor dropping on them, would be nice to know if that is true or not!  ;D

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2009, 09:29:20 AM »
@PJSim, if you are seeing the green arrows on your walls while in live mode, then you must have just been in build mode.  It's just another one of the quirks of the game that if you go from build mode straight back to live mode the arrows stay around.  ::)  So before going back to live mode you need to go to buy mode then back to live mode when playing your game.  :D  The arrows are annoying when you are taking pics, so if they bug you then that's how to get rid of them...  ;)

I think you're right, the few times I've seen the arrows I think I had just been in build mode. Thanks for the tip. :)

Nice meteor pic, I know people have talked about if Sims can die by a meteor dropping on them, would be nice to know if that is true or not!  ;D

That's what I was wondering, the telescope was really close to where the meteor dropped. I remember in TS2 it was supposed to be possible to be killed by a falling satellite but it was really, really rare and never happened in my game. So I was wondering if it's the same with the meteors, you just have to be really unlucky. Maybe it will happen to Pam. :D

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2009, 09:45:43 AM »
You're welcome about the arrow thing...it's just one of the many quirky things about TS3, that not everyone knows about...I think I read about it over on the EA forum.  Glad to help.  :D

Yea, I've been curious about the "meteor death" rumor...you were so close to finding out.  Maybe living without a shelter/house increases the chance of one falling on your Sim!  :o

It's funny about the Satellite death in TS2, that yes it was rare...but the one time it happened to me, my Sims had just gotten married and they went on and Island honeymoon.  I clicked the ground for them to star gaze and she would join her Newlywed husband...then get back up and I was like what's the problem here!!??  She did that 3 times, then right after the 3rd time she got up, Yup you guessed it a Satellite fell on him!  Yeah I had to quit without saving or have the shortest marriage on record!  >:( ;D