Author Topic: Building Contest Winners  (Read 34444 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest Winners
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2012, 12:09:42 PM »
Building Contest 2012-Long, July-August: Mr. Most Desirable … Agent? - July 4, 2012 - August 28, 2012
    Team SPITSORE - Decima, Ricalynn and Schipperke!

Congratulations Team SPITSORE! Steel's Private Investigation Team will definitely be great at Stamping Out Rottenness Everywhere from the base in this great entry! You can see SPITSORE's Entry here and download it here.

Team SPITSORE's Comment:

"Decima: First off we'd like to thank everyone who voted for us!  I was in charge of landscaping and the fishing hut and I bossed the other two around a little bit  .   ;D
Schipperke: I never thought you were bossy!
Rica: It was more like you just made sure we got everything done. 
Decima: Well our personalities all worked well with each others. I think it was the fact that we all get along so well that made all the difference, I couldn't have chosen better team mates.
Schipperke: To be honest, I never expected to win a building contest and I think the only reason I did was being partnered with these two.  I had the easiest part which was the inside and didn't seem like an important part of the renovation.
Rica: Which is nonsense because she was the one who made sure Chris's touch was all over the inside of the house.  She also gave me the idea for how to write up the entry post.   Not to mention she came up with half of our name while Decima did the other half.  I just put glue between SPIT & SORE to make it SPITSORE.
Decima: I had the least expansions so I got to go first and then pass the baton.  Rica was last with the tomb.
Rica: Which was frightening as I had to learn how to do it and hope I did it right without embarrassing my teammates.   I was constantly sending them messages with pictures and asking what they thought.   Even though I filled out the basement, without these two it probably wouldn't have been so detailed.
Decima: You didn't embarrass anyone! I like how we all chipped in with ideas and helped each other out.
Schipperke: We shared everything, even the cold germs.  ::) "
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2012, 04:43:30 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 17 - Lothario's Loft - August 26, 2012 - September 8, 2012
    Ausette!

Congratulations Ausette! Your tribute to Don Lothario's Sims 2 House went down very well and was very well done! You can see Ausette's Entry here and download it here.

Ausette's Comment:

"I really enjoyed this contest! Back when I had The Sims 2 I played Don's household quite a bit, so when it came to building a house for him my mind kept jumping to the little white townhouse he had in Pleasantview. I tried to make my entry close enough to that townhouse to be nostalgic, but different enough to feel like my own work. Congrats to Neashaleigh and ladybug53 for building such beautiful highrise apartments!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2012, 10:55:55 AM »
Building Contest 2012-Long, September: Occult Hangout - September 1, 2012 - September 28, 2012
    ArianaJade!

Congratulations Ariana! Despite being the only entry in the Contest it was still a fantasic entry ! You can see Ariana's Entry here and download it here.

Ariana's Comment:

"I really enjoyed building this. Normally I hate doing community lots but it was a lot of fun trying to capture the essence of each supernatural type I did a room for. Some of them I had an idea in my head before I started, others I just went with the flow and I had no idea how they were going to turn out at the end. I wish I'd had more time to do landscaping and work on the connecting corridors though. It was my first building contest though and I'm pretty much a building beginner so I'm still proud of it.

Thanks Lilygirl! I really wish more people had entered!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2012, 01:04:55 PM »
Building Contest 2012: 18 - Fairy Forest  - September 9, 2012 - September 22, 2012
    Gogowars329, Chuckles_82, Decima and Neashaleigh!

Congratulations Gogowars329, Chuckles_82, Decima and Neashaleigh! A four way tie, a first for the Contests and all very deserving winners! You can see Gogowars329's Entry Here, Neashaleigh's Entry Here, Decima's Entry Here and Chuckles_82's Entry Here.

Top Left: Gogowars329, Top Right: Neashaleigh, Bottom Left: Chuckles_82, Bottom Right: Decima

Neashaleigh's Comment:

"Thanks to all who voted for my creation, and congratulations on the other winners. It was great to see so many people entering and it was tough to choose 3 of my favourites. I really enjoyed making this build. It was a lot of fun. I've always loved gardens and parks and feel very inspired to create those types of builds. Thanks to all!"

Gogowars329's Comment:

"I'd first like to thank everyone who voted for me and to samoht and Lilygirl for putting time into creating these great contests. I love entering in them whenever I have some time. I'd also like to congratulate everyone who entered and to Chuckles, Neasaleigh and Decima for winning.

When I saw the contest I immediately knew I had to enter. Fairies (oddly enough) were pretty much the only Supernatural I had been playing at the time. When I was building, I just went with whatever I thought of but now that I look back, I probably should've added a butterfly spawner. "

Decima's Comment:

"Everyone's was so good I'm not surprised there was a tie! Thank you everyone who took part and everyone who voted. Decima"

Chuckles_82's Comment:

"Thankyou to everyone who voted for me, and congratulations to the other winners as well. When I posted my fairy forest I was confident that I had a winner, but then other entries flooded in that were just as good, so a four-way tie was very fitting! As a child I read many, many fairy stories, so when I saw the contest pop up, ideas flooded into my head, and I simply had to participate, even though I haven't entered the building contest all year. I think I'd have to say thankyou to Enid Blyton for all the wonderful imagery, and for giving me such a beautiful fairy world as a child. The main thing I was happy with was that I have really improved my landscaping - especially the terrain painting."

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2012, 12:22:39 PM »
Building Contest 2012: 19 - Decades of Decor - September 23, 2012 - October 6, 2012
    Micler!

Congratulations Micler! What a fantastic house showcasing the many distinct decades you chose. You can see Micler's Entry here and download it here.

Micler's Comment:

"Thank you to everyone who voted for my entry! This was one of the best contests we've had so far. It was a lot of fun! For the exterior, I decided to go with a very typical postwar american style. The 1950's gave me the idea for a bathroom with pink fixtures and black and white tile floor. For the kitchen, I thought of the favourite appliance colour from the 1960's; avocado! My main inspiration for the living room was the orange plush carpet and wood panelling of the 70's! A dance floor, disco ball, and floral-print sofa completed the look. Old television shows gave me the idea for single beds in the conservative, pastel coloured master bedroom. I designed the teen bedroom in a 1980's style. Vibrant colours, animal prints, records, and big hair were my inspiration.

Congratulations to ladybug53 and intl_incident for their great entries! Thanks to samoht04 and Lilygirl for hosting these building contests, and thanks again to everyone who voted! :) "
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 04:28:34 PM »
Building Contest 2012: 20 - A Witch's Tower - October 7, 2012 - October 20, 2012
    intl_incident and samoht04!

Congratulations intl_incident and samoht04! It's a tie for first place with two Witch Towers! You can see intl_incident's Entry here and download it here. You can see samoht04's Entry here and download it here.

intl_incident's Entry
samoht04's Entry

intl_incident's Comment:

"Thanks everyone who voted for me.  There were so many awesome entries this time that I'm surprised to come out tied for the top.  (Especially samoht04's! His roof is really cool.)  I have to say, this build was a lot of fun, and the inspiration came pretty easily.  I sat down and put it together in a single evening, which is really unusual for me.  I hadn't had much of a chance to play with Supernatural yet, so it was fun finding all of the new items to place.  The exterior was probably inspired by my teenage Dungeons and Dragons days ... seems like there were always pictures of towers on isolated peaks, with waterfalls, in the manuals.  Congratulations to everyone who entered, and thanks to the moderators for putting together such a fun contest."

samoht04's Comment:

"Thank you to all who voted for my entry! I had a lot of fun building it which surprised me due to my lack of interest in building lately but this got through to me. The tower just came to mind randomly really, I often read fantasy books and visualise towers like these and it just sort of appeared on the empt lot in front of me. This is my second version of the tower and my first version was better in my opinion but of course the game just had to crash! I think what I liked most about this tower was building something that looked grand and gothic but on a small scale, my previous attempts have been on a big scale and never pulled off. So thank you to everyone who voted and big congrats to intl_incident on coming joint first as well! Everyone did such a great job and when the contest was set I was expecting some similarities in the entries but no - each one was brilliant in such unique ways! Well done to everyone!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2012, 03:03:31 PM »
Building Contest 2012: 21 - Zombie Defence - October 22, 2012 - November 4, 2012
    SassySimmer and Ausette!

Congratulations SassySimmer and Ausette! Zombie Defence was the task and defending against zombies, is what those entries are perfect for  ! You can see SassySimmers's Entry here and download it here. You can see Ausette's Entry here and download it here.

SassySimmer's Entry
Ausette's Entry

SassySimmer's Comment:

"First off congratulations to Ausette!!  I would like to thank everyone who voted for me (can't believe I won one, very happy!!).  I love participating in the building contests and for this one my idea came straight away.  I loved everyone's build and I am just honored that you voted for my build, so thanks again!"

Ausette's Comment:

"Congratulations to SassySimmer and all the other competitors! I loved how everyone had such a different take on how to zombie-proof a building. For me, the hardest part was deciding on the size of the house - too small and it wouldn't be practical for seven Sims, but too big and it would stick out to the zombies like a sore thumb. I had such a fun time entering the contests again, and it was great to see everyone getting into the Halloween spirit!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2012, 04:51:14 PM »
Building Contest 2012: 22 - Rabbitholes Revealed - November 5, 2012 - November 18, 2012
    Katie123urgreat!

Congratulations Katie! Your entry was exactly how you'd imagine the interior of Divisadero Budget Books to look! You can see Katie's Entry here and download it here.

Katie123urgreat's Comment:

"Wow, I wasn't expecting this, that's for sure! Firstly, I'd like to congratulate all of the other competitors, your entries were all worthy of winning. I could feel the vibe for each of them, and immediately knew what building you were trying to portray. Secondly, I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me, it means a lot! And thirdly, I would like to thank Tom and Lily for taking your time to make others feel like they are a part of this community.

The moment I saw this contest, I knew I had to try out this one. This was my first time entering in one of the forum's many building contests, so I felt even more enthusiastic about it.  Even though my knowledge on community lots wasn't that great, I still enjoyed this contest. I got to learn new things, improve my building skills and of course have fun! "

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2012, 07:07:24 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 23 - Autumnal Abode - November 19, 2012 - December 02, 2012
    intl_incident!

Congratulations intl_incident! Your entry was so warm and inviting, a perfect autumnal dream! You can see intl_incident's Entry here and download it here.

intl_incident's Comment:

"Wow, what a surprise, considering how many wonderful entries there were this round.  Fall is my favorite season of the year, and I love the colors that go with it.  So it was really fun to try to stick to the color scheme, and I loved seeing how everyone else interpreted "autumn."  Every time I saw someone else's entry I saw so many great ideas, like the hay bales and pumpkins, or the chinchilla painting I can never find a place for.  :) So many pretty houses!  It's a real honor to have mine chosen as the winner.  Thanks to all who voted for me!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2013, 05:03:47 PM »
Building Contest 2012: 24 - A Winter Special Contest - December 1, 2012 - December 28, 2012
    Saltpastillen!

Congratulations to Saltpastillen! You can download the winning entry here: X-mas X-travaganza .

Saltpastillen's Comment:

"I'm so happy to have won a contest! There were many great entries and I was very nervous awaiting the results. Since I always try to make up a story about who will live in each house I build, this contest made my job easier. Before I even started building I made long lists and wrote copious notes about the sims traits and what needs and wishes they would probably have. Building only with the base game was difficult, since many things I wanted to use wasn't available but I managed to pull it of anyway.
My favorite parts of the house is Alfred's suite and the back yard, especially the pond and the fire pit area. As soon as I turned in my entry I realized I might have gone overboard with the Christmas theme inside, but I had so much fun decorating I hoped the judges and the people who voted might enjoy the house's festive spirit. And I'm kicking myself for not putting in other seasonal decorations, but there just wasn't room for it in the budget. "

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2013, 05:06:51 PM »
Building Contest 2013: 1 - Suspicious Survivors and Transformed Townies - January 13, 2013 - January 26, 2013
    Vinyl!

Congratulations to Vinyl! You can download the winning entry here: Home Sweet Stronghold .

Vinyl's Comment:

"Thanks to everyone who voted for my entry, and thanks to Lilygirl, Ausette, and samoht04 for putting the contests together.  I've been following the contests for a while now with great interest. The variety of the challenges and the creativity of the entries are very inspiring, and this one was no exception - the other entries are all excellent!

When I saw the description for this contest I knew it was time to dive right in.  I couldn't resist the idea of using traps to create a secret security system, even though I'd never worked with them before.  Initially they were baffling, but after reading a few guides everything fell into place, and it was an absolute blast designing and placing surprises throughout the house.  Decorating for specific residents also turned out to be really fun, and helped inspire a lot of ideas - hiding weapons all over the place for Erin was my favourite part of the build!

Thanks again to everyone who voted and participated!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2013, 05:49:19 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 2 - The Eco Dream - January 27, 2013 - February 9, 2013
    Chuckles_82 and Decima!

Congratulations to Chuckles and Decima! You can download the winning entries here: Chuckles_82: Evergreen Lifestyle and Decima: Sherwood Treetops.

Decima's Comment:

"Thanks everyone for another great building contest. I was really pleased to see so many people taking part. I'd wanted to build a tree house for ages but didn't 'get around' to it, but when I saw this contest I figured now was the time! Well done to Chuckles for a great build, and thanks to the mods who organise the contests."

Chuckles_82's Comment:

"Wow, thank you to everyone who voted for me! I was very excited about this building contest, and immediately researched ideas for green living. I've always been interested in a self-sustained lifestyle that is in harmony with the environment, but these days plastic packaging and non-recyclable materials are practically rammed down our throats. I've seen building programs on TV showing the development of such houses, and so used some of the ideas from that as well. In a way I had clashing ideas - natural and recycled vs clean and sharp modern. I think the colours of the materials may have clashed a bit too much. On my second version of the build I've given it warmer colours that blended better, and given it a warm atmosphere. I especially liked my companion planted garden - I did actually look that up - my grey water/rain water system, and my 'steam shower' made from hygienators. Congratulations to everyone else, too, because there were some very interesting and innovative ideas out there!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2013, 05:18:16 AM »

Building Contest 2013: 3 - Valentine's Venues - February 10, 2013 - February 23, 2013
    Decima!

Congratulations to Decima! You can download the winning entry here: Sunset Beach .

Decima's Comment:

"Thanks everyone for another great contest! BIG thanks to the mods for running it, and everyone who entered and voted.

When I first saw the contest I was a bit miffed as I'd already built the wedding chapel that I posted to the swap shop, so felt a bit 'out of ideas'. Then I was playing the game and saw that the beach in Sunset Valley was a bit boring for such an amazing location, so decided to re-do it. I worried it wasn't 'red and pink' enough but I was very happy with the result. Thanks again and I hope those who have downloaded it enjoy it!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2013, 05:47:16 PM »
Building Contest 2013: 4 - Extreme Minimalistic Starter - February 24, 2013 - March 9, 2013
    Chuckles_82 and Decima!

Congratulations to Chuckles and Decima! You can download the winning entries here: Chuckles_82: Singular Efficiency and Decima: Caravan Starter.

Decima's Comment:

"Thanks for voting everyone and well done to Chuckles in particular! It was so great to see to many entrants into this contest, I hope everyone enjoyed it and are spurred on to enter more often. I don't usually build small, so it was a challenge which I greatly enjoyed. Well done to everyone and good luck for your next builds! Decima "

Chuckles_82's Comment:

"Wow! I was totally not expecting this! I guess I should not rely on the download counts of entries to gauge interest. There were so many entries, which was really exciting. Minimalist is one of my favourite styles. Thank you Thomas and Lilygirl for such an interesting contest, and to all the voters!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2013, 02:01:13 PM »
Building Contest 2013: 5 - Larger than Life - March 10, 2013 - March 23, 2013
    Saltpastillen!

Congratulations to Saltpastillen! You can download the winning entry here: Chateau de Toy Box .

Saltpastillen's Comment:

"Yippie, I won! There were so many excellent entries, I'm honored that I got your votes! I was positively giddy to enter this contest. After realizing my limitations when it comes to building I decided to choose between objects that had a somewhat rectangular shape and settled on my favorite toy box. The wall stencils from Seasons and the Quaintessensial Spark lights in addition to lots of Central Air Wents helped me recreate the exterior to my satisfaction. Then I just added most things a growing family would need. A toy box has to be kid friendly after all!"