Author Topic: Building Contest Winners  (Read 34174 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Building Contest Winners
« on: September 16, 2011, 11:53:51 AM »

Building Contests 2013 Winners

Congratulations to everyone who takes part in the Contests, especially to those who win the votes and the Contest! Here you will find a list of all the Winners and their Contests in chronological order.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest - Winners
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 12:14:46 PM »
Building Contest 1 - A Town House - Aug 26, 2011 - Sept 8, 2011
    Katluvr!

Congratulations Katluvr! What a fantastic entry! You can see Katluvr's Entry here and download it here.

Katluvrs Comment:

"Wow, I can't believe it!  Thank you to everyone who voted for my house and congratulations to everyone who entered the contest on your fantastic townhouses!

I found the actual assignment quite easy - I knew immediately what I wanted my build to look like - it was harder actually making it happen.  I have never built anything with a daylight basement before, so I sat there flipping back and forth between a tutorial and The Sims 3, following each step painstakingly.  I was thrilled when my townhouse ended up looking exactly the way I envisioned it."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
Re: Building Contest Winners
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 02:19:11 PM »
Building Contest 2 - Beach Villa   Sept 9, 2011 - Sept 22, 2011
    Lynley1248!

Congratulations Lynley! What a wonderful entry! You can see Lynley's Oceane - Modern Beach House here and download it here.

Lynley's Comment:

"Considering there were so many great entries, I am really surprised and happy to have won.

Thanks to everyone who voted for my beach house. I had a really great time building for this contest. Beach homes are not something I build often or something I’ve actually seen in person, so I started out by searching online for images/descriptions of beach houses. I decided I wanted to try a modern house with lots of windows to capture all those great beach views.  Something light and airy.  It took me about six or seven failed attempts, but I finally got something I was happy with. The hardest part for me was trying to make sure it had a modern beach vibe.  I really enjoyed this contest, though, because it was something unfamiliar and challenging. And I loved seeing everyone elses fantastic builds!

Lynley"
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest Winners - Congratulations Chuckles_82 for Contest 3!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 07:05:06 AM »
Building Contest 3 - An Asian Home   Sept 23, 2011 - Oct 6, 2011
    Chuckles_82!

Congratulations Chuckles_82! What an amazing entry! You can see Chuckles' entry - Zenadu here and you can download it here

Chuckles_82's Comment:

" Wow! I'm stoked that I won this one. My many thanks to everyone who voted for me, and those who download and enjoy my creations. As I have said in my swap shop thread, building is great fun for me, and having others enjoy my creations really is the icing on the cake.

It's hard to pick one favourite part about Zenadu. The name I especially liked because it was a play on Zen and Xanadu (A poem by Coleridge, and a song by Olivia Newtion John with ELO). I really started to get creative with different wall coverings, and trying to do things more differently. I was so excited with my ideas for the living room I actually couldn't sleep and had to get up to build it at 2am! The living room and study were fully my own inspiration, but the outdoors came from the Chinese Gardens in Darling Harbour, and then I googled each of the other rooms separately until I found a scheme I liked and adapted it to fit the rest of the house.

The hardest part for me was getting the rooves to do what I wanted. It's frustrating after building one square from the edge for so long to then have a roof that requires 2 squares space or it will go over. That and I hate it when you use two types of roof and they have different edge levels where the guttering would be. If not for that I'd have been more creative with the roof, but all in all the end product was still good. "

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest Winners - Congratulations Agneza for Contest 4!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 06:26:44 PM »
Building Contest 4 - A Rundown Starter   Oct 7, 2011 - Oct 20, 2011
    Agneza!

Congratulations Agneza! What a delightful entry! You can see Agneza's All I Need is Love here and download it here.

Agneza's Comment:

"I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me. I enjoy very much in your work and this is why I decided to take part in the contest. I'm still surprised considering all the nice houses.
About the house, I often play in Twinbrook, so I thought this swampy mood is just right for this theme, all the rest came from the heart, cause...all I need is love. Life is the best inspiration.
I'd like to congratulate to all that took part on this contest. So much creativity.
Hope you'll like my next works too.

Agneza"
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest Winners - Congratulations danefaith for Contest 5!
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 02:18:46 PM »
Building Contest 5 - A Family Farm   Oct 21, 2011 - Nov 3, 2011
    danefaith!

Congratulations danefaith! A very well built and very fitting entry! You can see danefaiths's Hippische Huis here and download it here.

danefaith's Comment:

"Oh ha, I don't really know what to say.  I'd like to thank the academy?  No, that's already been done.

I suppose all that I could very well say is that I'm glad that such a strong and varied building community has developed here over the past months, and that I got to be a part of it, and learn and grow alongside everyone else.  I owe a lot to the constant exchange of input, suggestions and critiques that gets generated in the building and construction forum, as both giving and receiving such input is paramount for furthering one's understanding of a creative subject.

As for how I tackled this particular contest?  Well, I didn't do anything incredibly special.  As most people know, I rely heavily on researching architectural styles, and finding those little details and approaches that make different styles unique, and then seeing how they can be applied in the Sims setting.  I decided to see how dutch colonial, American craftsman, and ranch styles would come together.  Turns out, they came together well!

So yeah, once again, I'd like to say thanks to the Academy to everyone who voted and participated.  It's tough competition that makes it worth competing."

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest Winners - Congratulations Twinmum for Contest 6!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 08:58:32 AM »
Building Contest 5 - A Gothic/Vampire House   Nov 4, 2011 - Nov 17, 2011
    Twinmum!

Congratulations Twinmum! Little Grey is a fabulous little Gothic Victorian! You can see Twinmum's Little Grey here and download it here.

Twinmum's Comment:

"Any comments? Umm, not that I can think of, except I had fun building it and thanks to those who voted. lol

Norma"

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest Winners - Congratulations Lynley1248 for Contest 7!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 01:01:19 PM »
Building Contest 7 - A European Classic   Nov 20, 2011 - Dec 3, 2011
    Lynley1248!

Congratulations Lynley! Mayfield is a very elegant and stunning build! You can see Lynley1248's Mayfield here and download it here.

Lynley1248's Comment:

"There were so many wonderful entries!  Thanks to everyone who voted for my house.   I really love European homes, so I was really excited about this contest. And was so glad I made the deadline.  When thinking of European-inspired houses, I always picture grand and elegant, so I wanted a home that looked both elegant and spacious without being too large and empty.  I also knew from the start that I wanted to incorporate stone, brick, and stucco.  It took several different tries, but I was really happy with what I finally came up with.  The hardest part for me was trying to keep it in budget.  It was probably one of my favorite houses to build."

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest Winners - Congratulations Joria for Contest 8!
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 09:03:14 PM »
Building Contest 8 - Santa's Sunshine Escape   December 2 - 29, 2011
    Joria!

Congratulations Joria! Joyeaux is a winter-fully sunshine escape, just what the doctor ordered for Santa and his family after a busy holiday season! You can see Joria's Joyeaux here and download it here.

Joria's Comment:

"Wow!  I'm really honored!  I guess I can't ever say I never win anything again, can I? lol  This build was the most fun I've had in a long time.  I wanted to make it as complete as I possibly could, yet I know there are still things I could do to make it "perfect".  I loved putting the snow at the entrance. I loved making a dormitory for the elves and the "Naughty or Nice" office.  We had decided to not decorate our home this year so this gave me a chance to do all the decorating I wanted to, and then give it all to everyone else.  Thanks so much for the votes.

Personally, I felt everyone deserved to win this one.  Katluvr's house in particular and SassySimmers were my favorites.  So hard to choose!  Congratulations to everyone who entered and thank you Tom and Lily for such a unique contest.  I know we'll see many more.

Hugs everybody!
"

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest Winners - Thank you and Congratulations to SassySimmer!
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 11:51:56 AM »
Building Contest 2011 Participation   August, 26 - December, 29
    SassySimmer!

We want to say a huge thank you to SassySimmer for having entered the most Contests on the forum! So a big congratulations and thank you to her for sticking with it and taking part so amazingly! She has taken part in all of the Contests of 2011 and even though not winning still came back every contest with a great entry, showing improvement and having taken on advice from other members. Sassy keeps a thread of all of her creations which also feature the contest builds, here is the thread if you would like to see her work and download it. Thank you SassySimmer!

(The pictures below are four of Sassy's Entries that were chosen for the image by herself. Top Left: Asian Fusion (#3) Right: Inventors Cabin (#4) Bottom Left: Oakley Manor (#6) Right: The Getaway (#8) )

SassySimmers' Comment:

"Wow this is unbelievable.  Thank you, it's such an honor.  When the contests first started I thought that this is something that I could really get my teeth into and I remember waiting with anticipation for the first contest to begin, as I had never been much of a builder and the houses I built were just to serve a purpose rather than be aesthetically pleasing.  Although I did try, I never really customised anything to the detail that I try now.  My favourite part of the builds is after I have finished the shell and placed all the furniture is customising everything from the walls to the sofa, etc.  I love taking part in the contests, as I take on board every bit of feedback that I receive and try to improve on my builds, although I have recently started to branch out and build without contest supervision, it's purely to practice different techniques and fill in time for before the next contest begins

I was never much of a builder before the contests started, but from the feedback that I have been receiving from other awesome builders on this forum I have improved a lot since my first build.

My favourite contest so far has to be A Rundown Starter.  I really had fun with this one and it was the first time that I put a story to one of my builds.
"

[/quote]

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 02:24:16 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 1 - Helping with Resolutions   January 13 - 26, 2012
    Ausette and Agneza!

We have our first tie for first place! Ausette and Agneza tied with 11 Votes! Both entries were superb and really will help their respective Sims on their journey to change their lives. Not to mention the quality in both builds. Congratulations to both Agneza and Ausette! You can download Ausette's Park Palace Here and Agneza's Modern Explorer Here.

Ausette's Comment:

"Woot, my first first! I wasn't even that confident about this entry compared to some of my past builds, so coming in first was a nice surprise for me. Big hugs to the people who voted for Park Palace, I'm glad you liked it as much as I liked building it. :)

Doing a Sim-based challenge was tons of fun for me. Since this contest was all about the furnishings I built Park Palace a little differently to how I usually do; instead of building a shell and then filling the rooms in, I designed the gym first and built outwards from that. Finding a style that suited that shell was tricky, but eventually I found a cottage-y look that I liked. There was a real story-telling aspect to this contest, and I loved seeing everyone else's take on it. Congratulations to Agneza and the rest of our wonderful builders!
"

Agneza's Comment:

"I'm very happy to share the first place with Ausette and I honestly congrats to her ! I feel much better to be in company. It would be nice if I could change the name "Agnesa's creative office" to the " A & A Creative Company". Thanks to everybody who voted for me and a big compliment to every participant. I really enjoyed so much looking at Your excellent works. I had lot of problems with my entry and I thought I'll give up, now I'm glad I didn't."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest - Winners
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 03:37:32 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 2 - Artistic Rendezvous - Jan 27, 2012 - Feb 9, 2012
    samoht04!

Congratulations samoht04! You can see samoht04's Entry here and download it here.

samoht04's Comment:

"Thank you so much to everyone who voted for me, I just got my first Win!  :) I have to say though that I sturggled so badly on voting because everyone had such unique and artistic interpretations and entries. When i saw more people adding in Musical Items I realised I'd missed out on something there and when I went to see the results just now I was really surprised I'd won!

I think I'll just tell you a little more about my entry. I decided that I didn't want to do a building or a park as such and so I thought about what I could do when I got the idea of a giant glasshouse type building. It would provide shelter for the artists but also let in light and nature for them to draw inspiration from. It took me ages to get the roof to work properly and many designs and methods of the Glasshouse, eventually I stuck with this one and I am pleased with it.

Thanks again to everyone who voted and a big cheer for everyone else who entered!"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 02:13:37 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 3 - Abstract Exterior - Feb 11, 2012 - Feb 23, 2012
    Ausette!

Congratulations Ausette! What an abstract and quirky design! You can see Ausette's Entry here and download it here.

Ausette's Comment:

"This was another contest that I didn't expect to win. I almost feel guilty for winning this week; the other entries were all so big, detailed, and creative compared to mine. Congratulations to all the amazing builders for a job well done!

For the first week of the contest, I was drawing a major blank. When I build, I like to account for the rooms the house could hold, and to make an empty shell with no bearing on the potential interior just felt really jarring to me. Eventually I decided the exterior had to resemble something other than a pleasing array of shapes, but what? Vegetable, animal, or mineral? That's when the llama idea hit me. It was a joy to build and I'm glad you guys seemed to like it.  "

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 02:10:04 PM »
Building Contest 2012, Long - February: Not-So-Broke Modern Family Complex - Jan 27, 2012 - Feb 23, 2012
    Agneza!

Congratulations to Agneza on a wonderfully created modern home for the newly not-Broke family! You can see Agneza's The Three Masterpiece in One here and download it here.

Agneza's Comment:

"Thank you to all who voted for my house and my congratulations to everybody who entered. I had a very clear vision of what I wanted, how it should look, but the biggest problem like always was the budget. I like this house, but I think the red color in the middle house was the wrong choice. I'm very glad you like my work - and Thank You."

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 03:28:28 AM »
Building Contest 2012: 4 - Destination Homes - Feb 24, 2012 - March 8, 2012
    Ausette!

Congratulations Ausette! The perfect Egyptian Home! I'm sure many of our adventurers would love to spend their trips living in this entry! You can see Ausette's Entry here and download it here.

Ausette's Comment:

"The moment this contest was announced, I knew I wanted to build an Egyptian home. I just love Al Simhara's flat roofs and earthy textures, and I had a great time checking out the premade homes for inspiration. It was a little bit annoying jumping back and forth between Riverview and Egypt to save my game while building, but I was very happy with the end result and the way it blended into the town. Thank you to everyone who voted, and thanks to all the builders for a great competition!"