Author Topic: Building Contest Winners  (Read 34383 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest Winners
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2013, 04:32:13 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 6 - Dream Dormitories - March 24, 2013 - April 6, 2013
    Saltpastillen!

Congratulations to Saltpastillen! You can download the winning entry here: The Key 2 Knowledge Dormitory Complex .

Saltpastillen's Comment:

"I'm blown away to win this contest. There were so many exciting and interesting builds, I think all the entries were great. I had so big plans for this challenge, but with the limited funds this was the compromise I arrived at where I could use as many University items as possible. Realizing I could use the roofs as extra rooms was what really made it come together. The rooftop party area was inspired by my own dorm in University. The greatest parties were always held on the roof."
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2013, 04:01:31 PM »
Building Contest 2013: 7 - Market Mayham - April 7, 2013 - April 10, 2013
    RaiaDraconis!

Congratulations to RaiaDraconis! You can download the winning entry here: Cherry Hill Marketplace.

RaiaDraconis's Comment:

"Wow. I am absolutely blown away by this. There were so many amazing entries, and everyone had such fun and diverse ways of meeting the challenge. Thank you so much—I am truly honored!

I tried to give the venue a sort of renaissance faire feel to it. I've always loved the ambiance in places like that, plenty of places to shop and plenty of space to enjoy the outdoors with family and friends. The lot size constraint proved to be my biggest hurdle. I wanted to add so much more (namely topography), but in the end simplicity was the key, and overall I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Many thanks to LilyGirl, Ausette, and samoht04 for coming up with such an enjoyable challenge!"
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2013, 03:16:10 PM »
Building Contest 2013: 8 - Beautiful Bases - April 21, 2013 - May 4, 2013
    Chuckles_82 and Vinyl!

Congratulations to both Chuckles and Vinyl! You can download the winning entries here: Chuckles_82's Cubeacious and Vinyl's La Ficelle Jaune.

Chuckles_82's Comment:

"Firstly thank you to Lilygirl, Thomas, and Ausette for such an interesting contest - the budget is indeed becoming very challenging! Secondly, congratulations to Vinyl, and all the other contestants for such talented and amazing builds that all fit perfectly into their surroundings. I had a very clear idea about what I wanted to build for this contest - I had been working on a sci-fi project, and I had the structure clearly in my head before I even started, and a good-to-go colour scheme. My favourite area was the living area. If I could use store content, I would spruce up the garden a bit with a few plants from Lucky Palms. I was very excited to win, especially when there were so many talented builds. "

Vinyl's Comment:

"The entries were all spectacular and so very diverse!  I've got base camps for every world (and then some) thanks to all the creative builders who entered.  Thanks go to Lilygirl, Samoht04, and Ausette for running this contest and improving the future travels of all of my sims!

The lack of gourmet cooking in Champs Les Sims always surprised me.  It was great fun creating a base camp to change that!  Once I had the idea, it was a challenge to fit in the skilling objects while trying to find enough room in the budget for decent furnishings.  It was a lot of fun trying to build in a style that matched the rest of the vacation world and I'm pleased with the end result.  Hopefully other player's sims enjoy visiting it as much as mine do!"
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2013, 11:09:29 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 9 - A Gem of a Victorian - May 5, 2013 - May 18, 2013
    Ladybug53

Congratulations to Ladybug53 for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: Rosebud.

Ladybug53's Comment:

"I would like to thank samoht04 , Lilygirl and Ausette for giving us such a challenging and fun contest . I love a good challenge and this one was perfectly challenging for me . I had great fun working on my entry .  A good challenge always helps me to become more creative . I love Victorian houses as they're full of character . I've had the name Rosebud on my mind for a while and this Victorian house was perfect for it . I would also like to congratulate all entrants for their amazing work ."

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2013, 06:04:02 PM »
Building Contest 2013: 10 - Swanky Starters - May 19, 2013 - June 1, 2013
    Decima!

Congratulations to Decima for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: Beach Hut Starter.

Decima's Comment:

"Thanks everyone for another great contest. This one really interested me as it looked like quite a challenge to find a way to make a starter luxurious. I sat and thought for ages on how to make my entry 'different' before building.

Big thank you to everyone who voted and the mods for continuing to make the contests so fun!"

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2013, 06:56:43 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 11 - Dynasty Designs - June 02, 2013 - June 15, 2013
    Ricalynn!

Congratulations to Ricalynn for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: The Bridge / Dynasty Underground.

Ricalynn's Comment:

"Really? I won?  Guess all that practice in my dynasty files finally paid off!  I kid. Thank you to all those that voted for me.  Everyone who participated did a great job on their homes, congratulations.

I've been doing dynasty builds for as long as I've been a member of the forum, just usually for actual dynasties.  When I saw this contest posted, I knew I had to do a build for it and I knew I'd never hear the end of it if I didn't.  Then I got distracted by actually starting and finishing a life states dynasty within the contest time frame.  A friend who knew what I was doing told me to build a bridge for the actual dynasty.  I fell in love with it and knew I had to build another one for the contest. He agreed and told me to get to it. That and I just knew I had to share my new found passion for troll holes retirement pods. "

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2013, 09:33:39 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 12 - Steampunk Structures - June 16, 2013 - June 29, 2013
    Gulliver the Cat!

Congratulations to Gulliver the Cat! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: The Inventor's Retreat.

Gulliver the Cat!'s Comment:

"First of all, thanks to all who make these contests possible! Secondly, congratulations to all who participated with their amazing homes! I didn't know much about Steampunk until I entered this contest and I really enjoyed learning about it and the challenge of building a house based on it."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2013, 07:45:23 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 13 - The Mermaid Cove - June 30, 2013 - July 13, 2013
    Gogowars329!

Congratulations to Gogowars329! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: The Coral Bungalow.

Gogowar329's Comment:

"Firstly, I'd like to thanks Ausette, Lilygirl and samoht for another great contest and congratulations to intl_incident and ladybug for creating such great builds. I thought that I'd actually be coming third!

For some reason, the contests that involve different life-states even though I very rarely play Sims that aren't human... I straight away had a vague idea that involved that horrible island out the back. It took me at least double the time to get the island looking right then the rest of the house. I also tried to use a lot of coral and other colours from the sea throughout the house and tried to have something water (e.g. fountain) in every room."

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2013, 05:00:47 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 14 - A Craftsman Renovation - June 30, 2013 - July 13, 2013
    intl-incident!

Congratulations to intl-incident! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: Kinder Kraftsman.

intl-incident's Comment:

"[statement to come]"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2013, 06:14:52 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 15 - Towers and Palaces - July 28, 2013 - August 10, 2013
    Vinyl!

Congratulations to Vinyl! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: Drifting Tower.

Vinyl's Comment:

"[statement to come]"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2013, 06:49:44 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 16 - Converted Containers - August 11, 2013 - August 24, 2013
    Arefa!

Congratulations to Arefa! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: Jenga! .

Arefa's Comment:

"[First off, I'd like to thank the building team for coming up with such interesting contests that really challenge our creativity.  Secondly, excellent job to everyone else who participated in this contest.  We have so many great builders on this forum.

As to where my idea came from... When I first started to research this contest, with each passing picture, I couldn't help but think of the tower game Jenga.  So, I got out my Jenga blocks and started stacking them up until I found something that not only balanced, but also looked good too.  I went through many iterations of the shell before I got something I really liked.  But I have to say, it was quite fun stacking up those blocks!  As for the interior, all that fell into place once the exterior was complete.  It was really neat looking through the buy mode catalog with a different eye, as if I was actually going to recycle the items I placed. 

Thanks to everyone who voted for my Jenga house!  I'm thrilled to see others enjoyed it too!
]"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2013, 04:06:11 PM »
Building Contest 2013: 17 - Birthday Special - August 25, 2013 - September 21, 2013
    Arefa!

Congratulations to Arefa! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: Party in the Park.

Congratulations to Gogowars329 and Neashaleigh, the two runner's up for this Birthday Special! You can see Gogo's entry, UC Compilation Park here and Neashaleigh's entry Party Beach here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2013, 04:06:39 PM »
Building Contest 2013: 18 - Glorious Googie - September 8, 2013 - September 21, 2013
    Ladybug53!

Congratulations to Ladybug53! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: Route 66.

Ladybug53's Comment:

"[Statement to Come]"

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2013, 06:05:26 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 19 - Setting the Scene - September 29, 2013 - October 12, 2013
    mandamouse123!

Congratulations to mandamouse123! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: How I Met Your Mother.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2013, 06:07:11 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 20 - Wild West - 13 October, 2013 - 26 October, 2013
    Snufflesxx!

Congratulations to Snufflesxx! for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: The Sheriff's Office.