Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 356526 times)

Chuckles_82

Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #675 on: May 17, 2012, 08:00:48 PM »
Which lots have the beautiful vista bonus? and how much on each?

Also, do any houses have any advantages to playing? Eg, career rewards, upgraded items (especially scientifically) etc?

Do any of the lots have lifefruit plants or plants that are more than normal quality?

Do any of the houses/lots have WA skilling objects/plants/fish?

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #676 on: May 18, 2012, 12:53:28 AM »
Which lots have the beautiful vista bonus? and how much on each?

Also, do any houses have any advantages to playing? Eg, career rewards, upgraded items (especially scientifically) etc?

Do any of the lots have lifefruit plants or plants that are more than normal quality?

Do any of the houses/lots have WA skilling objects/plants/fish?
All lots on Admin and Mod hill have BV moodlets, also 2 larger lots across the river, Thymes lot, 2 townhouses, one beach house, and maybe one or two more. Admin lots are having +30 (I think) while Mod lots are with +25, as well as 2 lots across the river and Thymes lot,maybe one townhouse too. Other are having +10.

There is no unfair advantage in UC comparing to Other EA made worlds, which is why it is approved for challenges. That means no career rewards, LTR,  nothing upgraded, no WA skilling objects or spawners, and no plants with higher than normal quality, and no harvestable life fruit, no relics, money trees etc. There is flame fruit available on few lots.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

AdnaanA

« Reply #677 on: May 18, 2012, 12:46:50 PM »
Hey Anushka:
I went to my friends house to stay over. That laptop only has the base game installed. Would my game run slower because of no expansions?

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #678 on: May 18, 2012, 12:59:46 PM »
It should run faster as less objects is around, but with just game base, stuff in UC are replaced with some funny objects and it is not really pretty or as playable as it is with least WA and AMB. You have to use save file to start the game in UC and if you transfer the game saved with only base game, it won't replace back replaced objects in your main gaming PC.

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #679 on: June 02, 2012, 08:59:24 AM »
I wonder... Now that I have fps limiter and a good graphics card, Would I run Union Cove without lag? Time to find out!  :D

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #680 on: June 02, 2012, 09:46:01 AM »
Tested, failed, even tested on lowest graphics, failed.  :'( Union Cove is still too powerful for my PC (grrr my annoying 2GB RAM!)  >:(

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #681 on: June 02, 2012, 11:56:50 AM »
Sorry to hear that Warr! It should run with 2GB of RAM too, if your card is good, and your processor is powerfull enough. After all, it was built on the PC with 2GB of RAM. Hope that soon you'll get more RAM since most of the great new games require more ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AceOfFools

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #682 on: June 05, 2012, 11:57:23 AM »
Is there a planned update to add Showtime venues? Or are they already there and I missed them? If they are not there, what venues could be easily upgraded to serve that purpose?(If this has been discussed elsewhere, just tell me where to find it)

Offline Reliant

• Nooboo
« Reply #683 on: June 05, 2012, 11:59:55 AM »
Is there a planned update to add Showtime venues? Or are they already there and I missed them? If they are not there, what venues could be easily upgraded to serve that purpose?(If this has been discussed elsewhere, just tell me where to find it)

It's in progress, with delays being caused by the exam season. I think if you go back a page or two in this thread you'll see it

Chuckles_82

« Reply #684 on: June 07, 2012, 08:06:32 PM »
Just out of interest in terms of world-building, did different people work on the names and descriptions for the houses? I've noticed that some have been edited whilst others still have great big spiels for descriptions. Descriptions are usually my shortfall, so I was looking at them all to learn how to write good ones for my own lots. Comparing them with SV, I have to say that the houses that have the number of bedrooms and bathrooms as part of the name is a good idea - especially for the starter homes.

If it's not too much trouble, would it be possible to list the number of bedspaces for sims in each house in the post at the start of the topic? It would make choosing a house to play so much easier!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #685 on: June 08, 2012, 03:32:36 AM »
I agree with you Chuckles, listing bedrooms/beds and bathrooms are great. I personally enjoy a longer description of the houses. It makes it easier to find the perfect place for the sims you are playing. It's also good when you are moving out spares and want them to be able to have room enough for a family.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #686 on: June 08, 2012, 06:20:37 AM »
Just out of interest in terms of world-building, did different people work on the names and descriptions for the houses? I've noticed that some have been edited whilst others still have great big spiels for descriptions. Descriptions are usually my shortfall, so I was looking at them all to learn how to write good ones for my own lots. Comparing them with SV, I have to say that the houses that have the number of bedrooms and bathrooms as part of the name is a good idea - especially for the starter homes.

If it's not too much trouble, would it be possible to list the number of bedspaces for sims in each house in the post at the start of the topic? It would make choosing a house to play so much easier!

The descriptions are all written by the creators of the lots. So I wrote the description for the Theatre Lot, the Park and the Firestation etc. but Joria wrote the one for the Pier, the Grange and Art Gallery etc. Any of the houses have the descriptions they came with. I know that my Character House (Riverview or Riverbank or something) has thee bedrooms but's it's occupied. My Oasis Villa has two bedrooms - Double, Single and Crib. My Jade Palace has one bedroom. I think those are the only houses of mine in UC.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

pojaivilo

« Reply #687 on: June 17, 2012, 02:48:39 PM »
I keep having the same problem.  Every time I try to load Union Cove, it stops at exactly the same loading point, and it says, "Windows has encountered a problem and needs to shut down."  All of my other worlds work.  I only have the late night, generations, and showtime expansion packs, but I have that .zip file installed.  Is it just my computer, or am I missing something?

AdnaanA

« Reply #688 on: June 17, 2012, 03:41:56 PM »
Restarting your computer works for m

Offline pcdoctor

• Nooboo
« Reply #689 on: June 20, 2012, 03:48:46 PM »
Hey everyone:

I downloaded this world quite sometime ago, and while I like it for the most part, there are some issues that I had.  One was that not all sounds would play, there were street lights I wanted gone as well as a sidewalk path gone too.  Have these since been fixed?  Would it be possible to get the CAW files for me to edit?