Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 357148 times)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #825 on: December 31, 2012, 05:25:00 PM »
Yes and yes. You can save your family in the bin, than uninstall the old version and install the new UC with Seasons. 

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #826 on: January 01, 2013, 08:43:03 AM »
Thank you Lizzy and Odie!

Yes, we can use UC for challenges including Dynasty.
Sadly no, ther is no Vault of Antiquity but I am shore those that want it can place in in graveyard as it looks like it belongs there. 
There are still pets in families and pet store does exist, none of existing Pets objects were taken out, it was something attached to the world file not in the world itself that blocked installation process without Pets. Glad I find the way to get rid of it.
And last, you can use Seasons version with or without any EP , while for V2, the old one, you have to have at least Pets.  :)

Thank you very much Anushka, for your quick reply. As always ;)

Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NicoleML

• Townie
« Reply #827 on: January 01, 2013, 09:33:43 AM »
I love the new Union Cove! The festival park is fantastic, I love how the elixir register was added to the open air market - I always thought it belonged there, but had to add in the store instead. The Gypsy wagon and fairy place are also added, which is great too. It was a wonderful world to begin with, but adding these features helps folks like me who have all expansions, without disadvantaging those who don't. The only disappointment of the old Union Cove was the need to have Pets but now that's fixed anyone can enjoy this beautiful place. Well done to all, it will be my preferred location for the Tournament Challenges this year!

Offline Sciffy Circo

• Nooboo
    • Sciffy Circo on Sims Exchange
« Reply #828 on: January 01, 2013, 07:06:33 PM »
How exactly do I get Union Cove to show up as a playable world?  The same danged thing is happening with my Monte Vista and the Curtis Paradis world, Paradise Island.  It SAYS successfully installed, but I don't see the file in the Installed Worlds folder.  I used s3p3 to go into that DCBackup and tell which was which.  Sure, I can rename it Union Cove Seasons.world, but it stays as a package file.  I had other worlds I wanted to play, but those were WORLD files, and when I put them in both the Installed World and the Program Files etc. folder, now they show up twice in the list of playable worlds... but NOT Union Cove, Paradise Island, or Monte Vista.  So, how do I change it from a .package file to a WORLD file?  Seems to take more than a simple renaming.  *sigh*
Find me on Facebook, Sciffy's Sims Page

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #829 on: January 01, 2013, 08:57:31 PM »
If .package files are associated with a program, the extension may be hidden. In windows explorer push alt-f and go to tools > folder options > view > and uncheck hide extensions for known file types. Then you will see the .package at the end and be able to make the change. Hope this helps.

Carl

Offline shibamistress

• Townie
« Reply #830 on: January 01, 2013, 09:44:58 PM »
Ha!  Just after I finally updated the old version of UC with Supernatural locations, the new version comes out!   ;D  That's ok--I had only placed some stuff, and was trying to figure out what else to do, and hadn't played much anyway, so I'll take that as my exploration of UC, and download the new one to play in.

YAY!  And thanks to all who worked on this, either on the original world or the update!

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #831 on: January 02, 2013, 03:00:53 AM »
How exactly do I get Union Cove to show up as a playable world?  The same danged thing is happening with my Monte Vista and the Curtis Paradis world, Paradise Island.  It SAYS successfully installed, but I don't see the file in the Installed Worlds folder.  I used s3p3 to go into that DCBackup and tell which was which.  Sure, I can rename it Union Cove Seasons.world, but it stays as a package file.  I had other worlds I wanted to play, but those were WORLD files, and when I put them in both the Installed World and the Program Files etc. folder, now they show up twice in the list of playable worlds... but NOT Union Cove, Paradise Island, or Monte Vista.  So, how do I change it from a .package file to a WORLD file?  Seems to take more than a simple renaming.  *sigh*

Actually it does only need simple renaming and coping that file in appropriate folder - Installed worlds in My Documents and Worlds in Program Files/.../Worlds.
I read it happens with Riverview too so I am hoping that EA will fix this soon enough for everyone.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #832 on: January 02, 2013, 03:27:41 AM »
Please test this method of getting the save to appear and successfully loading UC and let me know. I'll change the instructions on the download page if it works.

Offline Arjik

• Nooboo
« Reply #833 on: January 04, 2013, 12:06:26 PM »
Hello! First thing - The Union Cove is a great world to play in and is my all times favorite. But here is a question (or two) I have about it. Just how many proprietors are there? I like to play a magician and maybe I did something wrong but it seems like there is only Central Park proprietor and that's all. No live venues, maybe there are big venues, but it's a bit hard to get to them without something in between, and Park while a good spot for tips brings little money and exp for the shows. Also there was a proprietor at Pier Fun Oh Won but she got stuck in a pool and ResetSim made her dissappear completely... Somehow... So, to summarize: 1) how many lots there are where a magician could get a gig especially those live and big venues? 2) what to do with disappeared proprietor? Is there any way to get her back?

Offline purple_roses2110

• Llama Wrangler
Routing Issue in UC
« Reply #834 on: January 04, 2013, 06:01:46 PM »
I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong section. I was having trouble locating the UC thread. I'm not sure if I overlooked it or what.

Anyway, I have a routing issue with UC that I'm not really sure how to fix. The issue comes from KonFusion. I found that there is a little light in front of the sprial staircase that prevents Sims from going up. After deleting it, they were able to get up just fine. But now they can't get down. I'm not really sure why. I can't seem to find what is blocking the way. I was able to successfully move my Sim by teleporting here, but I'll end up getting up messages every 5 seconds saying that other Sims won't be to leave.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #835 on: January 04, 2013, 06:53:49 PM »
Hello! First thing - The Union Cove is a great world to play in and is my all times favorite. But here is a question (or two) I have about it. Just how many proprietors are there? I like to play a magician and maybe I did something wrong but it seems like there is only Central Park proprietor and that's all. No live venues, maybe there are big venues, but it's a bit hard to get to them without something in between, and Park while a good spot for tips brings little money and exp for the shows. Also there was a proprietor at Pier Fun Oh Won but she got stuck in a pool and ResetSim made her dissappear completely... Somehow... So, to summarize: 1) how many lots there are where a magician could get a gig especially those live and big venues? 2) what to do with disappeared proprietor? Is there any way to get her back?

Hi and welcome to the forum!

To answer your questions:
1. A magician can perform on 5 different types of locations: Park Venue, Coffee House, Private Venue, Live Show Venue and Big Show Venue. All of those are (at least) once in UC.
2. A proprietor is a sim you don't control. This could be any sim and is randomly appointed by the game I believe. If he/she dies for instance, a new proprietor will be appointed. This is likely to happen the next day. Resetting the proprietor may result in the same thing. If you think the proprietor might be in the game somewhere but not visible or something, you could try ResetSim again. If you don't remember the name, ResetSim * will reset every sim in town.

Good luck and let us know if it works :)

Edited for names of locations:
Park Venue = Central Park
Private Venue = The Atlantis Experience (Near the Pier)
Live Show Venue = Pier Fun Oh Won
Big Show Venue = Polloi Theater

The Coffee House used to be Little Samoth Diner... Which gives me a question for the team: why isn't that a Coffee House anymore? Luckily I saved all lots from the previous version to my library, so I can place it again. But shouldn't it be in the last version too? Personally, I'd prefer a complete UC for my next Dynasty Challenge. And if you change this, could you also add the Vault of Antiquity please (pretty please?) :)

Offline Arjik

• Nooboo
« Reply #836 on: January 05, 2013, 02:39:47 AM »
Thanks for answer! I played a bit more and it seems that proprietor for Pier Fun Oh Won really likes to spend time in a swimming pool right at the center of the lot... It's quote an obsession actually. I wasn't able to ask her for a gig because she wouldn't get out of the pool. I got lucky and my sim was invited to make an appearance but I don't know if I would be able to audition otherwise. Although, maybe that's her way of cooling herself off in all that summer heat... Anyway, it seems like everything is working at least for now. It's a bit sad that there are so little places to get a gig but I'll manage. Again, thanks for answering!

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #837 on: January 05, 2013, 06:47:10 AM »
It's a bit sad that there are so little places to get a gig but I'll manage. Again, thanks for answering!

Really? You think? UC has all types of buildings and lots in it from all Ep's, plus many beautiful houses and farms.
But if that's not the way you like it, you can always delete some lots you don't want and place more Showtime Venues of course.
For me, it has all I could ever wish for in one world (and more). I am very happy it has one of each :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #838 on: January 05, 2013, 05:41:18 PM »
I have a problem. I've completed all the steps to installing the new version except for copying the file into the GameData folder as I do not have one. Does anyone know how I can install the world without the GameData folder or how I can get one?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #839 on: January 06, 2013, 02:11:30 PM »
I have a problem. I've completed all the steps to installing the new version except for copying the file into the GameData folder as I do not have one. Does anyone know how I can install the world without the GameData folder or how I can get one?

I am not sure Gogo. Do you miss more folders or only that one? If you miss only GameData, maybe you can create it and put it in there. Still, it is weird you don't have it because in my GameData folder is also Sunset Valley, so I think you should have that too. Are you sure it is not somewhere else?

anything