Author Topic: I need help with my single mother , please!  (Read 57384 times)

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
I need help with my single mother , please!
« on: April 14, 2010, 10:44:34 AM »
i'm playing with a female sim , she sees that male sim , they go out and she invites him over often , then they started cuddling , kissing and woohoo ...
but yet he doesnot consider her as his partner or anything (because on his screen , it's written "partner : none" )
then after her birthday i was afraid she might get old without having any kids so i made them try for a baby , she got pregnant and gave birth to a boy . will he know that the boy is his?? will he consider her his partner as now she is the mother of his child ? and when will he or she propose  ?
i also need to know if she will go back to work or will stay home to take care for the baby , as there is none else at home to take care of him and i'm so afraid of letting her go bak to work !!!!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: i need help with my single mother , PLEASE!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 11:00:10 AM »
jerseygirl, welcome to the forums! If you look to the far top left of the game screen you'll see a target's reaction to various socials—the one you're looking for is "x thinks y is extremely irresistible." It takes some time to get there and the best way I know of is to cue up 5 or 6 different romantic socials—i.e. kiss, hold hands, embrace, make out, etc. Once you see "extremely irresistible" then that's your cue to look for "Ask to Go Steady." After that it's "Propose," then finally you have the "Hold Private Wedding" social.

Now, all that said, if your male target is already romantically involved with another Sim, that may be the root of your problem. If so there may be a social like, "Ask x to break up with y."

This part of the game isn't my strength, so Pam and others can fine tune the advice for you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Delgar

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 11:40:47 AM »
Metro is correct. The option will only become available once you get them up to the extremely irrestiable mood. Make sure you ask them to go steady before you try to woohoo or make a baby as that action takes so long (unlike real life :)) that the sims mood will drop back down to where you can't ask them to go steady or propose.

If the sim already has a partner you can ask them to break up with their partner when you have them up to extremely irresistable. When I do this I usually try to become best friends with them first then work my magic and it never fails.

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 12:09:49 PM »
thanks a lot guys for the replies , in fact i reached the "extremely irresistable" thing before but i didn't know that this was the right time to ask to go steady(i've been playing the game for only few days) ... i'll try it again , Thanks :)

what about staying home or going to work while caring for the baby boy?

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 12:36:03 PM »
Welcome to the forum JerseyGirl.  In answer to your question about going back to work or staying home, you can hire a babysitter everyday to care for the baby while your sim mother is at work or you can have her quit her job and go the self-employed route with her.  She can write books, paint paintings, garden, etc as self-employment.

Offline aws_137

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 12:58:30 PM »
i'm playing with a female sim , she sees that male sim , they go out and she invites him over often , then they started cuddling , kissing and woohoo ...
but yet he doesnot consider her as his partner or anything (because on his screen , it's written "partner : none" )
then after her birthday i was afraid she might get old without having any kids so i made them try for a baby , she got pregnant and gave birth to a boy . will he know that the boy is his?? will he consider her his partner as now she is the mother of his child ? and when will he or she propose  ?
i also need to know if she will go back to work or will stay home to take care for the baby , as there is none else at home to take care of him and i'm so afraid of letting her go bak to work !!!!

If you aren't patched up to the latest version, there used to be a bug(with WA) where you can't ask propose anything if there was a history of divorce or break up in either Sims.

The father will acknowledge the child to be his. He will not propose until you try to when you hit Extremely Irresistable.

You'll have maternity leave for a duration that depends entirely on your Sim Aging seting(long, epic, normal). It will go on when your female Sim becomes pregnant until a few days after she has given birth.

You know, I've never thought of having the infant home alone. It is compulsory to have a Sim not home alone? I'm not certain. But if you can, it's not too hard to handle a baby. Just have proper timing. Or you could always have a Babysitter.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 01:01:19 PM »
She will also get maternity leave for 6 days once she reaches day 2 of her pregnancy. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 01:47:47 PM »
thanks again for all these great and helpful replies  , just one last thing i need to know , after "asking to go steady" when will i know that it's the right time to propose? ,(the other sim is single since my female has known him , is it possible that he might had a divorce or something before this? )
and about knowing the baby , the next time i play i'll invite him over to see the baby and see his reaction :D
but thanks again and again for being very friendly and helpful :):)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 02:10:36 PM »
Welcome to the forum JerseyGirl.  In answer to your question about going back to work or staying home, you can hire a babysitter everyday to care for the baby while your sim mother is at work or you can have her quit her job and go the self-employed route with her.  She can write books, paint paintings, garden, etc as self-employment.

Further to the above post, if you decide to go the babysitter route, after your mother is at work you may get the message that your babysitter needs to leave to be somewhere else.  Don't panic!  This happened to me with my single mother.  I didn't know what to do - couldn't just yank her home from work - so I wound up ignoring the message and the babysitter didn't leave until the mother got home.

As to whether the child will know who its father is - he's there in the relationship panel, but the only way to get the relationship up is to have him and the child interact.   The father in my household lives in France.  I had him come for a visit when the child was born but I didn't like having a sim that I couldn't control in the house - he did some pretty stupid things.  Now that the child is older he phones his father regularly and probably there will be a trip to France before long.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 02:11:26 PM »
thanks again for all these great and helpful replies  , just one last thing i need to know , after "asking to go steady" when will i know that it's the right time to propose? ,(the other sim is single since my female has known him , is it possible that he might had a divorce or something before this? )
You can't really increase your chances for it to work more than keeping both the sims' needs up. It's possible that he has had a divorce before you knew him, but it's very unlikely that it will make it any harder for the proposal to succeed. The reason why I didn't say impossible was that he could get in a worse mood if he and his ex are enemies and if they're in the same room, but it's very improbable.

Just have your sim ask him and he will usually say yes. If you want to stage a more romantic setting have your sims go out on a date and eat together at the Bistro an evening and then pose the question. Though it's fun to do, it has little to do with the proposal's chance of success.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline LaB

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 04:23:01 PM »
I didn't know you can have babies by foreigners. Can a male sim get a female foreigner pregnant.
When your sim has given birth and goes home the father should automatically go for a visit. When one if my sims gave birth in the night and he still went for a visit.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 05:18:49 PM »
I didn't know you can have babies by foreighners. Can a male sim get a female foreighner pregnant.
When your sim has given birth and goes home the father should automatically go for a visit. When one if my sims gave birth in the night and he still went for a visit.

You can have kids with foreign women, but the child skips baby and toddler it seems, I have no idea why! (Well this happened to me) Sometimes the father if not under your control, if living in the same location, will go to the hospital but sometimes they don't depends on relationship between parents I guess.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: I need help with my single mother , please!
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 07:40:55 PM »
Hi jerseygirl15!  You've gotten a lot of good answers from everyone.  I thought I'd just summarize it and add a little more. 

In your case, your Sim will have to do all of the proposing.  The father of the baby won't do it on his own.  When you get their romantic interactions high enough, you'll see the option to "Propose Going Steady" if there are no bugs in your game and you're patched up to the current update.  Once you get this option and if he says yes, you can immediately propose marriage and get married on the spot if you're in a hurry.  Otherwise, you'll just have to go through all the same interactions another time until you get back to the high level that gives you the "Propose Marriage" option.  Once they are engaged, you can have a private ceremony any time by clicking the romantic options.

As for going back to work, maternity leave is up while the baby is still a toddler and cannot be left alone.  You're only option if the mother is the only grown Sim in the house (teenage or above) is to hire a babysitter.  If you try to leave the house for work without one, you'll get a message that the toddler can't be left there alone.  And as already mentioned, if you get a message that the babysitter has to leave, just ignore it.  The babysitter will stay until your Sim gets home from work. 

Regarding the father and the baby, they will know that they are father and son, but the father may or may not interact with the baby.  It will depend somewhat on the traits of the father.  Don't expect much from him, though, unless he happens to have the Family Oriented trait.  Once the baby ages up to child, he will be able to initiate interaction with the father and they can be friends.

I hope you've gotten the answers you need.  If we've missed anything, just post it and you'll get lots of help!  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 04:15:19 AM »
Just a tip with foreign matchmaking - if you want your sim to join the household, get married in their home country. If you get married while they are visiting at your home, they'll just go back to France like nothing happened (though the relationship will say married). At least, this is what I have found.
And getting the child to phone their dad is a cool idea. I'll have to invite my sim's dad over to introduce them.
... It took soooo long to find a single french guy by knocking on people's doors. lol

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: I need help with my single mother , please!
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 04:32:28 AM »
If you want him to do the proposing then you can always ask him to move in first? Just get him to think you are being friendly or socialble and an option 'ask to move in' should appear. Then your sim can take his last name but then you could always just change both last names using City Hall.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]