Author Topic: Artie's Lunar Lunacy  (Read 408659 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Artie's Lunar Lunacy (Three New Chapters from 11/22/2012)
« Reply #1050 on: November 24, 2012, 11:30:52 AM »
They still drop everything but it's easier to get them back together.   

Just so you guys know - I use samoht's tab trick when painting portraits and that may have contributed as well.   What I mean by tab trick is just before your Sim gets in final position for portrait taking.  Hit the tab key.  Once the frame of the portrait appears you can then go in and out of tab to get just the right painting that you want.  Plus you can move in new and fascinating ways.   Every time I need to paint a new portrait I think thank you to samoht for that tip.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline NicoleML

• Townie
« Reply #1051 on: November 24, 2012, 11:39:11 AM »
Where was this tip the other day when I was painting my founder's first portrait? I tried tab once, and all I got was the roof of the house. Have to try that one. Thanks Rica for pointing it out, and samoht for the idea.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SimBlip

« Reply #1052 on: November 24, 2012, 12:50:41 PM »
Woah! That's the first time I saw a toadification. I wonder what would happen if someone had nooboos with a toad-Sim.
I've always used tab mode for portraits. It allows for wonderful close-ups.
Great updates! :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Artie's Lunar Lunacy (New Chapter: New Friend/New Elder)
« Reply #1053 on: November 24, 2012, 03:25:45 PM »

Bella Goth takes a taxi...  oh wait this is Artie's story not a joke. *clears throat*
Adrasteia:  "Of course this is a great idea.  The ghost dog said it was what I was supposed to do."
Adrasteia: "Doesn't matter if you don't like it.  I wanted to do it."
Social Worker: *clears throat* "Ahem.  Miss Grim?"
Adrasteia: "Oh hello.  You came faster than I thought you would."
Social Worker: "The cat told us in no uncertain terms that he was to be ready because someone was going to pick him tonight.  We thought he was just being optimistic but considering it's a talking cat we decided to do it anyway.   Then you called."
Adrasteia: "Good good.. so where is he?"
Feline: "Right here.  Now out of my way and open the gate so I can get inside already."

Adrasteia: "Hello Kitty."
Feline Friend: "Hey you know it took you long enough to get me out of that place.  All I want to do right now is sleep.  Is my bed ready?"
Adrasteia: "Oh we should get a new one."
Feline Friend: "Why a new one?!"
Adrasteia: "We sold all the old ones."
Feline Friend: "Why in all that is unholy would you do that?!"
Adrasteia: "She who watches us now did it.  Said we shouldn't get anymore animals."
Feline Friend: "Now what does she say?"
Adrasteia: "She's still ranting about me going against her wishes."
Feline: "I'm confused."
Adrasteia: "It's ok.  It happens a lot here. "

Feline: *grumbles* "Not only am I stuck in this tiny body for several more days.  Now I'm stuck sleeping on this thing because they got rid of all the other comfy beds. Hmph."

Ares: "Hey buddy.  Aren't you just the cutest little kitty?"
Feline: "You know I can't believe Artie really had a child as soft as you.  He should be ashamed."
Airica: "Hey!  Only I can badger these guys who do you think you are, Puddy Tat?"
Feline: "Ahh there you are, Rica darling.  I so missed you while I was actually being made to work. Why don't you put away that computer and come give me a snuggle huh?"
Airica: -tilts her head back to scream- "ADRASTEIA GRIM.  WHAT DID YOU DO?!"
Feline: "As she was told.  You can't really blame her for this.  Just let me curl up to that beautiful body of yours so I can tell you all about the new plan."
Reka: "No!  Don't listen to him.  He just wants to curl up with your... endowments!"
Airica: "Shh you." -reaches down and picks up the cat- "You have exactly 5 Sim minutes to explain yourself or I find a way to give you fleas."
Feline: -kitty sigh- "You haven't changed a bit dear.  Remember when we worked together to get Artie to Hidden Springs.  How fun it was to surprise him with the news."
Airica: -tucks the cat under her arm and pets his head- "Remember how fun it was to let Artie get a can of black spray paint when we had to come to Lunar Lakes."
Mr Bigglesworth: "You wouldn't.."
Airica: "I just might.  You could have announced yourself instead of playing games.  Things aren't as they should be you know."
Mr Bigglesworth: "Yes and I'm afraid they'll be that way for a tad longer too.  We can't get you out until the dynasty is over at the earliest."
Airica: "I already figured that out.  You came just in time for my birthday."
Mr Bigglesworth: "Actually according to my calculations.. our birthday."

Aker: "Addy.. I'm not sure you should be doing this!"
Adrasteia: "Relax.  With the familiar buff, this is actually easier now.  Now you won't need that shower after all!"
Aker: "I still think I'd rather take my chances with the shower." -braces for impact-

Levar Hyman: "I love a Sim who is interested in learning a new craft.  Maybe we can hang out some time."
Adrasteia: -sighs and completes the love charm-
Levar: "I really like you Adrasteia.."
Adrasteia: -dodges the kiss- "I don't think so fly boy."

Levar: -pouts- "Aww but we could be made for each other."
Adrasteia: "No.  I don't think we are.  Sorry, dear, it's just how it has to be.  I like my boyfriend and I have no intention of hurting his feelings. Now let's just be friends ok?"
Levar: -still staring at his feet, pouting- "Ok."

Mr Bigglesworth: "You'd think for as long as I've been gone that Sims would learn a new tune to jam to."
Angus: "This is an oldie but a goodie."
Mr Bigglesworth: "It's an oldie and overdoney."

The First Guest has arrived!
Jamie: "Hello Beautiful.  I really like a sim that learns a new craft.  Maybe you and I could get together."
Francisco: "Hey!  That's my girl you're ogling!"

Artie: "Whoo!  Now I get to watch you become old and gray!"
Airica: "Shush you.  You can't ruin my mood.  I'm actually very happy right now. "
Angus: "Be proud of yourself sweetheart.   Last birthday and only one more opp to be done.  It's quite the accomplishment considering you didn't have a watcher to help you along the way."
Airica: "Thanks old man.   Let's blow out these candles shall we?"

Airica: "Hey!  No one told me the elder sparkles don't tickle!"
Adrasteia: "What do you mean?"
Airica: "My heart is full of dread."
Artie: "It's the precursor to white hair you know."

Airica: "Awww.  I miss my youthful body already.."
Artie: -laughs maniacally- "Wait til you see your hair!"

Mr Bigglesworth: "See Mr mouse.  I told you my turn would come.  And then I shall play with you so hard you shatter into thousands of feelings."

Mr Bigglesworth: "Not quite the same as before but I'm still white.  So I guess I can be happy with that.  Now mouse.. it's time you met your dooom."

Airica: "Will you stop doing that?!"
Reka: "No."
Airica: "Hey! I've gotten to dress myself all I wanted since I was a teenager.  What's the difference now?"
Reka: "You forgot to fail the dynasty."
Airica: "Failing was never an option.  You should know better. "
Reka: "Failing one of these things is probably harder than succeeding."
Airica: "You have no idea do you?  If it hadn't been for me, I bet you wouldn't have even supermaxed painting."
Reka: "You mean if you hadn't turned me into your slave, I could have had a normal life."
Airica: "You got every wish fulfilled.  Not my fault all you ever wished for was to paint."
Reka: "That's all you let me think was out there."
Airica: "Stop blaming me!  It wasn't my fault!"
Reka: "It will always be your fault!" -gets away from her desk-
Airica: "Ha!  So I am dressing myself again."

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: Artie's Lunar Lunacy (New Chapter: New Friend & New Elder)
« Reply #1054 on: November 24, 2012, 04:13:07 PM »
Airica looks good as an elder, but can't she afford shoes? :P
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1055 on: November 24, 2012, 04:19:57 PM »
Airica looks good as an elder, but can't she afford shoes? :P

Haha yes but I hate shoes.. with the fiery passion of a million suns at close range.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1056 on: November 24, 2012, 04:23:03 PM »
Going barefoot builds character, darn it. I don't know why you give sleepwear to the Grims, though. It strikes me as a waste of time.

Airica's a fine-looking elder.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1057 on: November 24, 2012, 04:26:45 PM »
Because my luck is that I'd stop bothering and they'd start wearing it to make me mad. 

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Artie's Lunar Lunacy (New Chapter: New Skillset)
« Reply #1058 on: November 24, 2012, 04:46:30 PM »

Adrasteia: "So you know I was born a witch, right?"
Artie: "How could I forget? You've been terrorizing your grandfather.  Which I approve of by the way."
Adrasteia: "I'm glad.  But I was talking with Beowulf before and Bigglesworth earlier and they both said that you might like one of my new spells."
Artie: "Oh?  I'm not sure I should trust you."
Adrasteia: "If you can't trust a family member, who can you trust?"
Artie: "I only trust those who fear me.  You guys don't fear me, no reason to trust you."
Adrasteia: "Just an itty bitty spell?"
Artie: "Give me another reason."
Adrasteia: "I won't stop bothering you until you let me do it."
Artie: "That's what I was afraid of. I think I need to find another can of spray paint."

Adrasteia: "Hahahahaha."
Artie: "Aker... your granddaughter may cause us to fail.  I might have to have her taken out."
Aker: "Addy.. change him back already!"
Adrasteia: -uses a cure elixir- "See all better."
Artie: "Ahh it's good to be normal again.."
Adrasteia: "Transfiguro bufo!"
Artie:" AHHHH devil spawn!"

Artie: "Change me back!"
Adrasteia: "I only need to throw another 75 elixirs.  Maybe when I'm done..."
Artie: "You've done it now.  I'm going to have to resort to desparate actions...I'm telling your mother" -stomps, half hops away-  "RICA!"

Airica: "So that's the whole story.  All of it.  Now we're being controlled by a person from our past who blames me for everything and is determined that we should fail so I can be stuck here forever."
Adrasteia: "Wait.. go back to the part about the unicorn."
Airica: "Which one?"
Adrasteia: "We had a unicorn and you guys got rid of it!"
Airica: "No, she left to help her family as we try to keep control where it belongs."
Adrasteia: "I don't know, Mom.  This sounds like one of those stories you write."
Airica: "I know, sweetheart, but how else would I explain the fact that Artie is alive and no one is allowed to cook or play in the zen garden.  Remember that day we got mad you tried to start painting?"
Adrasteia: "Yeah there is that.  I just.. that's a huge thing you just laid at my feet."
Airica: "I know and we tried to spare you.  GIve you a life of love but now you know why we encourage you to finish one skill and to become that power broker.  Why the talking cat didn't suprise any of us and why the cat knew us.  We have a chest full of graves of people who have been struggling to help us complete this task and there is the one for the person who is trying to make us fail it.  Because that's how she was programmed."
Reka: "I am not programmed!"
Airica: -waves at her head like a fly is bothering her-
Adrasteia: "I've actually almost finished everything haven't I?"
Airica: "Without us having to push you, you've done better than most."
Adrasteia: "What happens though?  I grow old and eat that nasty stuff with the others and then what?"
Airica: "I don't know.  Maybe I'll disappear.  I don't know what will happen to this body.  But I promise, I'll never forget you and I promise you'll always be a part of my Bin."
Adrasteia: "So I'm just a thing."
Airica: "No.. you're more than that.  Like Artie is more and I am more.  I will give you every wish you could ever want.  I will help you live thousands of lifetimes.  Have children, get old, stay young, turn an entire town into toads, anything and everything you could ever want. That's what I want for you.."
Adrasteia: "What about ruling over Lunar Lakes?"
Airica: "As soon as you get those last two promotions.. we will rule Lunar Lakes won't we?"
Adrasteia: "True... I.. I have an idea!"

Adrasteia: "Stay there.. I want to make you something. " - hides what she's doing..."

Airica: "What is it?"
Adrasteia: "Don't shake it!  Just drink it."

Airica: "Bottoms up."
Adrasteia: "That's a good mommy."
Airica: "Hey.. don't get patronizing with me. "
Adrasteia: "How do you feel?"
Airica: .... "Weird.  What did you give me?"
Adrasteia: "A little something special."

Airica: "Holy Cowbells Batman.  Would you look at that?!"
Adrasteia: "What do you mean you've lost the connection?"
Airica: "Huh?"
Adrasteia: "That's just silly."
Airica: "You're talking to your head again aren't you?"
Adrasteia: -nods- "I think my mind has finally lost it's mind."
...!
Airica: "Aww that one came out non poisonous."

Adrasteia: "You're not mad I gave you the witch elixir right?"
... I am!
Airica: "Of course not.  But why?"
Adrasteia: "I don't know.  I guess I just liked the idea of you being a witch, too.  In fact, if you start working on it now I bet you could totally be able to duel me by the end of the night."
Airica: "That could be fun.  Going back to nectar making?"
Adrasteia: "I need to reupgrade all the machines.  I should be done by the time you are ready."

Airica: "Ugh.  That spark hit me on the nose."
Adrasteia: "Just keep trying.  It gets easier.  I swear."

Adrasteia: "Engarde!"
Airica: "You won't get me that easy!  I'm your mother!"

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
Re: Artie's Lunar Lunacy (New Chapters: New Friend/New Elder & A New Skillset)
« Reply #1059 on: November 24, 2012, 06:03:47 PM »
This makes me realize how much of a bully I am to my sims. I have one sim who can experience all the world has to offer, while i am cruel and force the other sims to think along a single track, and do a single thing. It sounds almost like a Sci-fi novel. 
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Artie's Lunar Lunacy (New Chapter: The Progress of Seven & Eight)
« Reply #1060 on: November 24, 2012, 06:51:40 PM »

Grim Men: "Ahhh! It's the full moon!"
Airica: -Freaks out in the middle of writing a book for her last opp- "Oh for the love of chrysanthemums. Who said it could be full moon?!"
Adrasteia: "Hey guys.. going to a party.  If any zombies show up, I'll get them later."

Adrasteia: -throws zombification potion at old lady-
Old Lady: "Argh..."
Adrasteia: "Hurry up and rise already so I can cure you."

Adrasteia: -cures Zombie hanging out at graveyard-
Cured Zombie: "Hey you're kind of attractive.  I'm attracted to--"
Adrasteia: "Stop it right there.  No.  Just no.  Go away."

Artie: "Marisol... no!  How could this happen.  you were a werewolf!"
Angus: "Hey watch where you're swinging the arms Grampa."
Artie: "Oh the pain.. " -moodlet manager from Ares hits him in the back- "Oh I feel better.. Deal me back in."

Angus: "Hey .. you ready for dinner? "
Airica: "Yeah one second."
Artie: "What are you reading now?"
Airica: "Another book came in from the other side."
Artie: "Same author?"
Airica: "No.. These ones are from Rachel!"
Artie: "Oh.. Rachel and Chaffinch.. the lovely Simselves of the other LL.  How are they doing?"
Airica: "This book isn't from the simselves though."
Artie: "Then who?!"
Airica: "Apparently, they are from Hebe's clan as it says A Smith.  You'll love the titles."
Artie: "Oh?  How many this time?"
Airica: "Another trilogy... 'A Sim of a Different Colour' with the u in the word color."
Artie: "Ahh yes.. the mother country spelling of course.. Not a bad title.  What else?"
Airica: "'Don't be ashamed because you're insane' and 'I hear Voice's' by Hebe herself."
Artie: "Ahh Hebe. That blue and orange vixen.  Rawr."
Airica: "Hey, if you're going to be weird, you can go to the other side of the yard."
Angus: "Dinner!  C'mon you guys.  We don't want a random visitor to start eating this stuff."

Ares: "I don't like the taste sometimes but this stuff always makes me think I could run for 2000 kilometers."
Airica: "I wish you would.  We don't have that achievement yet."
Artie: "So.. what do you think?"
Airica: "I've had worse watcher food.   Be glad Simverse doesn't have brussel sprouts and parsnips."

Airica: "Oh blast.. whoops."
Artie: -chokes- "And after all those times you yelled at me!"
Airica: "I said whoops."
Artie: "That does not excuse you!"
Airica: "Yes it does."
Artie: "Since when?!"
Airica: "Since these are the rules that I've just made up." -sticks her tongue out and puts her plate away-

Adrasteia: "Are we even sure there are fish in this thing?"
Amon: "I put them in myself just now. "
Adrasteia: "Ugh.  This is so slow."
Amon: "You don't have to do it here you know."
Adrasteia: "That's true.  I just wanted another skill so that I'd have more reason for Opps to pop."

Adrasteia: "Coming to join me, Mr Bigs?"
Mr Bigglesworth: "Of course, I must retain my previous perfection and that includes dumping myself into a little thing of water on occassion."
Adrasteia: "Perfection?"
Mr Bigglesworth: "I'm supermaxing my hunting skill."
Adrasteia: "And I thought we were the insane ones."
Mr Bigglesworth: "Oh never doubt that you all really are.  Just be glad that there is a pond now.  You should ask your mother about the puddle she gave us the first time."

Adrasteia: "Huh.. maxed the skill and still no one calls.  I must be doing something wrong.  Oh well only 200 more fish needed anyway."
Adrasteia: "No I'm still mad at you for yelling at me.  And you're not explaining anything.  Just constantly snapping at me these days."
Adrasteia: "You would think that my mind would know how stubborn I could be."

Adrasteia: "And that makes... 148, 149.. 150!"  *skill challenge complete*
Adrasteia: "Hmph.  Now to actually supermax my skill."
Adrasteia: "Shooo fly don't bother me."

Adrasteia: "Feet! Catch!"
Magician: "What are you doing?!"
Adrasteia: "We're instant best friends.  Isn't that awesome?!"
Magician: "Oh hey.  It is!"

Adrasteia: "Hey Danny.. Come here a minute."
Danny Gothier: "No way.  You've been throwing bottles at everyone."
Adrasteia: "But I'm done now and I wanted a victory hug."
Danny: "Oh ok.  What kind of Victory?"
Adrasteia: "I have officially made the voice in my head stomp off in a huff."
Danny: "How did you do that?"
Adrasteia: "I threw my fiftieth elixir." -big grin-
Danny: -hugs her cautiously- "Good job cuz.  Now what?"
Adrasteia: -blanks- "Huh.. I don't know.  I think I need to ask your Dad."

Adrasteia: "So .. uhh.. now what?"
Artie: "What do you mean now what?"
Adrasteia: "I have one promotion left.  I've supermaxed two and a half skills.  I only need one more opp and to age up.. so now what?"
Artie: "How about we start with playing the game and not distracting the winner?"
Amon: "HA! You're only the winner in your dreams, old man."

This where I would like to share all the titles that I've had the pleasure of coming up with during Airica's writing career.   It's quite a list!

Science Fiction: Hal is a Horrible Computer Name, Fran Sherbert's Gulch, Combat of the Planets
Drama: Barry Plotter & The Philosopher's Stone, Barry Plotter & the Cavern of Prisoners, Barry Plotter & The Goblet of the Phoenix, Barry Plotter & The Deadly Shallows
Humor: Crazy Man Shows How to Not Move a Grave, Strategic Spouse Stalking by Recipe Man,  Queenie talks about Bunchula, Grabula & Chocula
Mystery: M Stands for Midnight, Who Fathered Forrest?, Death Flowers in the Garden of Carina
Romance: Devil Takes a Bride, The Vow of a Rake
Vaudeville: The Moderators, Burlesque, Cantankerous is as Cantankerous Ogg
Fantasy: Fellowship of the Bracelet, A Couple of Towers, Hey! The King's Back
Masterpieces: The Dancing Rose, The Scarred Rose, The Jaded Rose
Biography: I'm Going to Be Immortal and You're Not, Why Do I Look like Christopher Steel? by Darron Crocker
Children's (Specialty): Everyone Makes Stinky, Only Sissies Cry, Angelica & The Bus Driver, Little Fritter Goes to School, Little Fritter's Trip to the Asylum, Little Fritter & The Big Game, If You Give a Mouse a Brownie, Little Fritters Learn to Share, Ten Little Fireflies, Guess How Much You Annoy Me, Tristan's Unicorn, Ten Generations of Characters, Spooky Day Every Day, Bubbles Bubbles, The Deadest Kitty,  Pinch a Porcupine

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Artie's Lunar Lunacy (New Chapters: Three New Chapters 11/24/12)
« Reply #1061 on: November 24, 2012, 07:32:05 PM »
I love the book titles, Rica! Congrats on your 7th Immortal!  ;D

thesweetestpea

« Reply #1062 on: November 24, 2012, 08:07:49 PM »
Cantankerous says hello, and wants to know where she can get a copy of the book about her? ;) Lol, it's nice to see the Easter eggs in the book titles. Yours are better than mine though, I have so many private jokes in mine that nobody will ever get.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1063 on: November 24, 2012, 08:15:09 PM »
Thanks!  The book titles were all spur of the moment but Pam & Metro did give permission before I used their stories for the Humor and Mystery ones.   I love using plays on words.  A lot of times I ended up asking my nephew for kids book titles and then I'd change one word of it to fit me better.  :D

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #1064 on: November 24, 2012, 08:30:34 PM »
These are funny. Very funny. I especially like Little Fritter  :D
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

anything