Author Topic: Question - Constantly Feeding Cats Treats?  (Read 9114 times)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Question - Constantly Feeding Cats Treats?
« on: March 16, 2012, 09:11:11 PM »
I started playing a test game the other day after installing Master Suite, Showtime and the patches. I wanted to play a test game to see if it would run smoothly, freeze or crash on me. I played for about 2 hours real time and seemed to be okay other than the sim person I was playing always wanted to feed her cat a treat. Drove me bonkers!!

Does anyone else's game do this - sim person always wanting to always feed the cat/dog treats? Or is it just me? If it's something in the game, is there away I can keep my sim person from always trying to feed the cat treats?

I play with:
Aging and story progression off.
testingcheatsenabled on - make all happy and needs static.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Question - Constantly Feeding Cats Treats?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 09:43:36 PM »
This happens to me, as well.  Everyone in the house is always feeding treats to the cats.  I got my first horse in one of my games just recently (it's a foal) and they are the same way with the foal, always wanting to bottle feed it.  It wouldn't be such a bad thing except the pet many times isn't hungry and they get a negative hit on the relationship.  Enough of those, and they might not be friends anymore.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 09:57:12 PM »
I'm happy to know it's not just me that's having this problem. So our sim people like to feed other pets as well? It's not just cats/dogs?  Oh boy!!

I just started playing Sims 3 again after getting disgusted over it, Thanks to all the annoyances in Generations. So I'm just now learning some about Pets.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 10:00:15 PM »
I haven't seen them act like this with minor pets (birds, rodents, snakes, etc.).  It seems to just be the three major pets (cats, dogs, and horses).
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 08:21:03 AM »
I've noticed that many times a sim will roll a wish for a pet as soon as the pet gets close to them.  Left alone, they act on their desire.  Feed treat is something likely to be accepted by any pet.  I think EA thought the stray pets would be a big hit; since they have no steady food supply, they're almost always a little hungry and willing to accept a treat.  Pets with full bellies won't.  I don't know how high your sim's relationship with their cat got in the time you played, but as the relationship gets higher, it's my experience that that autonomous interaction changes from feed treat, the very bottom of the social interaction barrel, to pet, rub belly or even brush.

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 05:14:12 PM »
I don't get it with Feed Treat, but when uncontrolled, my various Sims do a lot of Let Sniff Hand, Pet and Have Fun, in that order of frequency. They love their pets. I approve. ;)

Oddly, strays so rarely accepted treats from my Sims that I stopped trying to feed them to avoid the relationship hit. You would think they'd be more likely to get hungry, but apparently they look after themselves in my games.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 07:05:14 AM »
I don't get it with Feed Treat, but when uncontrolled, my various Sims do a lot of Let Sniff Hand, Pet and Have Fun, in that order of frequency. They love their pets. I approve. ;)

Oddly, strays so rarely accepted treats from my Sims that I stopped trying to feed them to avoid the relationship hit. You would think they'd be more likely to get hungry, but apparently they look after themselves in my games.

I've been getting it much the same. My new family has 6 strays that I picked up right now, and my Sim keeps petting her menagerie autonomously. She doesn't give many treats though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything