Author Topic: Sims Portraits on the Left Missing. Added Screenshot to help explain  (Read 10800 times)

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
I mentioned this in my dynasty thread.

Quote from: NickyDuvyrda
Hi guys! I need help/technical expertise. I just may lose my dynasty. 

So here is the situation. I bought Showtime. I've been playing a townie family in Starlight Shores (Comes with Showtime) to get used to the new features. I returned to play my dynasty file this weekend. The character icons to select them on the left hand side are gone! I'm stuck as EvilDemon Kitty (whom I secretly blame for all this). Any suggestions? I hate to fail on a technicality!

I would greatly appreciate any and all help with this. I own all EPS and I'm patched to 1.33. I also own Lunar Lakes, Hidden Springs, and countless store content. I am playing mod-free due to trying to complete a dynasty. I own a Mac running OS X Lion.

Edit: Here is what I see

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
Re: Sims Portraits on the Left Missing. Cannot Switch Between Sims
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 08:46:26 PM »
Seems like your file got corrupt.

This happened to my story file, but I rerestarted. That's the only solution..unless you have a backup. There's nothing you can do but start over, sorry. I feel your pain.  :'(

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 08:51:40 PM »
I do have one that's pre-Showtime install. It's basically where I dragged the saves folder onto my desktop. It's still sitting there.  Which isn't too far back I think.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 08:55:50 PM »
Then it's potential that the backup recovery may not work. I'm sure you don't have that savegame backed up, amirite?

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 12:49:39 AM »
It's the entire save folder. So it has the .backup and the save file in it. I don't have the family exported. That was one of those things I never got a chance to do.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 05:13:13 AM »
One way I got my family back, was to move them to the library and then move them back out again.  It worked for me a couple of times and then it didn't work on another family.  I did manage to get them back and am racking my brain trying to remember what I did. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 12:35:07 PM »
If you can think of it then I'd be grateful. I've tried going out and in the game. I've also tried exporting them to the library. However, the game sat there for hours (about 2 I watched a movie) and still was just "processing". I force closed it then. Due to it being a Dynasty, I've messaged Metro asking permission to switch households. This was suggested as working for someone else. I have no idea what about Showtime caused this but that was when it happened.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
Re: Sims Portraits on the Left Missing. Added Screenshot to help explain
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 07:04:39 PM »
For the screenshot, thats exactly what I saw. You can only reset..sorry :'(

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 07:12:45 PM »
I did try resetting and went back into the game. What I realized was that my save was pre-placement of the Showtime lots. I had forgotten I put them in Lunar Lakes. It sounds like a random glitch with Showtime and the town.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 07:20:47 PM »
Have you been able to try everything like moving them out or switching households?  I know you said saving them took forever. 

I think I saw a lot of people saying they were having Missing Sims due to the Showtime install on the official forums.  Have you checked crincrit's forum post or blog?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 07:23:42 PM »
I haven't played for any extended amount of time. I never heard back from Metro but I did the switching houses trick. That didn't work. I could select in any other house in Lunar Lakes. In my dynasty house though it was as shown above. I wound up replacing the file with my backup file. Now that I've done that I've exported the entire family into my bin and as a pack file in just a matter of a few minutes. The only difference in the saves was the placement of three showtime lots. I want to complete the dynasty so I doubt I will be using Showtime in it at all.

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 07:25:14 PM »
Oh wow. This brings back many memories. I've had this happen to me a long while ago. It was actually my first time playing around with mods and my second legacy attempt. I decided to remove the mods after some time and that screwed up the save file big time. The user interface looked exactly like in your screenshot. I tried everything; fixing it with mods, putting all the mods back in and even reinstalling. Nothing worked. I dumped that save file eventually.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 02:57:42 PM »
I just tried reverting to an old save. That didn't work. I just entered the game and it was that way again. I'm trying moving them into a brand new game from the sim-bin. Thankfully, I was able to back up. I have to contact Metro about it. I think it throws me out of HOF running.

AdnaanA

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 08:21:58 AM »
Here is what I do, works for me on Win 7,
Open My Documents, Electronic Arts, The Sims 3, Saves, and find mydynasty.sims3 and mydynasty.sims3.backup.
Drag "mydynasty.sims3" to your desktop and duplicate "mydynasty.sims3.backup" (copy mydynasty.sims3.backup. and
paste) and rename the duplicate to mydynasty.sims3
MyDynasty is your save file name....

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 07:39:57 PM »
NickyDuvyrda,  I found this on Twallan's site.  http://nraas.wikispaces.com/DebugEnabler+Recovering+the+Interface

While it involves the use of a mod to recover the missing interface, it might be allowable if you remove the mod before you actually play the game.  Of course, you would have to check this with Metro first.

anything