Author Topic: Sim won't get Pregnant  (Read 84570 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Sims can't have children.
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 02:44:17 PM »
I'm merging this topic with the one that Alex started earlier since they're about the same subject. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Kesim63

• Nooboo
Re: Sim won't get Pregnant
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 06:53:51 AM »
I know this is an old topic but I noticed something the other day while playing with a new family.
One was a witch and the other a werewolf and i gave them both the gathering trait. Couldnt figure out why she wouldnt get pregnant, tried allsorts, shower, bed, gypsy caravan, no chimes :-\. Then i remembered that if they dont know all each others traits then nothing would happen. I looked up the relationship section and lo and behold, neither of them knew about the others gathering trait.
Tried 'getting to know' in chat, bought the 'observant' reward but nothing happened and ive had to abandon that story to start again :-[.

Dont know if this is a known bug or not but thought i would put in a small warning.

off to make yet another family xx :-*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 07:53:37 AM »
I've never needed my two Sims to know all of each other's traits to get pregnant. I'm not sure if my Who's Your Daddy mom knows anybody's traits. It's possible that she is, in fact, pregnant, but the chimes just never rang. That happens from time to time. If you wait a day after Try for Baby, and nothing happens, then something else is going on.

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2013, 08:48:12 AM »
How close is the female to aging up?  Sims will have the try for baby option but won't get pregnant if they're too close to their birthday (I think it's within a day or so). 

Also I don't think transformed sims can get pregnant, but I can't remember if the try for baby option is available or not when they're transformed.  So if the female is the werewolf and is in werewolf form that could be the issue.

I've never needed sims to have compatible traits or know each other's traits either.  That's never been an issue for my sims.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013, 09:23:54 AM »
If you need to check if your Sim is indeed pregnant, buy a birthday cake and check if she appears on the dropdown list. Pregnant Sims can't be aged up, so that's one way to tell. Of course, you can always wait a day to see if she does the spin.

As far as I know, knowing traits doesn't make a difference in  whether try for baby works.

Offline MrsPearce

• Nooboo
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2017, 03:33:18 AM »
My sims have had 4 kids together... which they conceived with 1-2 tries each time. But now they can't conceive.
I've turned off aging up as they both tried to age up too soon!!!
I have made them try for a baby soooo many times ... including multiple in a row; every sims day etc... making sure they are happy and content before trying etc.
They both have fertility treatment now but still won't conceive even though they both want a baby!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2017, 02:35:06 PM »
Have you tried resetting the Sim or household?

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AbigailJoliee

• Nooboo
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2020, 08:05:50 PM »
It is possible that one of your files for CC is corrupted or more! To fix this you must delete the following files,
.PNG
.JPG
.JPEG
.GIF
.PSD
README.TXT

If you have files in the mods file then you must move all of the files from the file and put it in mods then delete that whole section of files.
Hope this solved it!  <3

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2020, 11:05:32 PM »
@AbigailJoliee: FYI this is an old thread and many if not all these users aren't active anymore. The Mods folder doesn't have the framework to do anything with those files so they only waste space but that's just my experience.

A few pregnancy things not touched upon in this thread:

- The Mood Lamp from Supernatural and the fairy's Flight of Felicity prevent sims from aging up or getting pregnant.
- Check the number of pets in your household. Your household can have up to ten sims and pets in a combo (eight sims and two pets, four sims and six pets, and anything in between). It can seem like you have enough household space until you remember your three cats or whatever.
- Roommates and sims ensorceled by an active genie count towards the household limit during their stay with you. Eight sims = no one's getting pregnant.
- If you have University Life installed, the easiest way to check if your sim is pregnant is to see if they can enroll in university or not. The option is greyed out if they're pregnant before they even change into maternity clothes. Pregnant sims won't show up as available sims to makeover or tattoo before they change into maternity clothes. If your potential baby is the eighth sim in the house, Try For Baby will be greyed out the moment a sim conceives.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline AbigailJoliee

• Nooboo
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2020, 04:15:54 PM »
@Trip I am very aware that this post was posted in 2009.

After my trick, my sim still wouldn't get pregnant for my 100 baby challenge. I have no packs, so none of those tip are useful to me. I ened up restarted over completely. Thank you for trying to help though!  (>^.^)>

Offline simsguide1

• Nooboo
  • I love playing Sims!
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2021, 06:46:16 AM »
Hey Guys,
even though the discussion is older, I would like to exchange ideas. According to my information, the only option is to wait, to try again and again, even in different places. Otherwise, could it be because your household is already too full?
Best regards :)

anything