Author Topic: The Blue Legacy - Chapter 16 (09.11.2014)  (Read 26348 times)

Offline Tipi

• Occult
The Blue Legacy - Chapter 16 (09.11.2014)
« on: September 13, 2014, 10:08:54 AM »
The Blue Legacy

I am starting this Sims 4 legacy fully aware that I have never finished a multi-generational challenge. I just seem to need some kind of structured challenge - and a large family - to really enjoy the game. And I am even more hopeless in keeping up my stories than finishing a challenge: my Townie DecaDynasty was just moved to the graveyard for the second time in its history :)  - so be forewarned.

I follow Pinstar's Legacy Rules though I am not sure about scoring, I'll have to see what I am going to do about that...

My Succession Rules:

- Equality: The Founder may be of either gender. Both boys and girls are eligible for the title of heir.
- Strict Traditional : To be eligible to be named heir, a child must be naturally born from their previous-generation parents and be able to trace an unbroken bloodline back to the founder. Adopted children may never be named heir.
- Exemplar: Pinstar suggests choosing a trait that the heir must have. My chosen, must have charasteristic is not a trait but the skin colour: all heirs must carry on the blue skin. Pinstar states that "if a single generation has no children with this trait or more than one exemplar, follow the First Born rule." I am going to go for the blue skin, so there will probably be lots of kids, but if the mother becomes too old to have kids when there are no blue-skinned children, I might follow the First Born rule or I might consider I failed the legacy. I'll make up my mind up later if that situation arises. And if there are several blue kids, the first born will carry on the legacy.

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: A Growing Family
Chapter 3: Everyday Life
Chapter 4: The Birthday with a capital b
Chapter 5: Raise Your Glass
Chapter 6: Work, work, work plus a little play
Chapter 7: Goodbyes
Chapter 8: Life Goes On
Chapter 9: Full House
Chapter 10: Achievements
Chapter 11: Two Romances
Chapter 12: Happy events
Chapter 13: Generation 3
Chapter 14: The Future Is Bright
Chapter 15: Four Birthdays and a Funeral
Chapter 16: Teen Life

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Re: The Blue Legacy
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 10:11:41 AM »
Legacy facts and statistics

Founder: Celia Blue
Traits: Active, Outgoing, Clumsy, Gregarious, Hilarious
Aspiration: Joke Star (completed), Bestselling Writer (completed), Friend of the World
Maxed Skills: Comedy 10, Cooking 10, Handiness 10, Writing 10
Career: Writer - Bestselling Author (9)
Used anti aging: yes

Spouse1: Pelham Whitmore-Blue
Traits: Art Lover, Family-Oriented, Slob, Quick Learner
Aspiration: Renaissance Sim (not completed)
Maxed Skills: Handiness 10, Painting 10
Career: Painter - Professional Painter (8 )
Used anti aging: no

Spare: Alena Blue
Traits: Slob, Bookworm, Family Oriented
Child Aspiration: Artistic Prodigy (not completed)
Adult Aspiration: Angling Ace (completed), Master Chef (completed)
Maxed Skills: Cooking 10, Fishing 10
Career: Culinary - Line Cook (5)

Spare: Anaya Blue
Traits: Slob, Outgoing, Ambitious
Child Aspiration: Social Butterfly (not completed)
Adult Aspiration: Public Enemy
Maxed Skills: Charisma 10, Comedy 10, Mischief 10
Career: Criminal/Oracle Branch - Elite Hacker (7)

Heir1: Azure Blue
Traits: Geek, Materialistic, Family Oriented, Business Savvy
Child Aspiration: Social Butterfly (not completed)
Adult Aspiration: Mansion Baron (not completed)
Maxed Skills: Programming 10
Career: Tech Guru/Start Up Entrepreneur (10)

Spouse2: Willow Gauthier-Blue
Traits: Good, Loves the Outdoors, Family-Oriented, Muser
Aspiration: Musical Genius (not completed)
Maxed Skills:
Career: Musician - Symphonic String Player (8 )

Spare: Bridgette Blue
Traits: Slob, Insane
Child Aspiration: Social Butterfly (completed), Artistic Prodigy (completed)
Adult Aspiration: Freelance Botanist (not completed)
Maxed Skills: Charisma (child) 10, Creativity (child) 10
Career: -

Spare: Breanna Blue
Traits: Art Lover, Loves the Outdoors
Child Aspiration: Rambunctious Scamp (completed)
Adult Aspiration: Big Happy Family (not completed)
Maxed Skills: Motor (10)

Heir2: Bright Blue
Traits: Good
Child Aspiration: Whiz Kid (not completed)
Adult Aspiration: -
Maxed Skills: -

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 10:20:53 AM »
Chapter 1: The Beginning

The Blue Legacy starts on the legacy lot - Oakenstead - in Willow Creek. Here is our founder Celia Blue with  the Knight of the Octagon Table which was promptly moved to the family inventory as per Pinstar's legacy rules. The most observant of my readers may by now have caught on to where the name of my legacy comes.

Celia immediately headed to Magnolia Blossom Park to start hunting for a spouse. And bingo! Almost the first person she laid her eyes on was this hunk by the chess table. His name is Pelham Whitmore.

Celia and Pelham immediately clicked (pun intended)...

... and things progressed fast.

There was romance in the air and Celia and Pelham wanted to memorialize every single moment...

(at this point the Watcher thought that the photos would be saved to the phone like you do in the Sims 3. What a disappointment it was when I found out that was not the case :( )

... until it finally was time to part, but not before they shared their first sweet kiss.

After a good night's sleep Celia had reached a very important decision. That's why she wanted to see Pelham again. She called him and they agreed to meet again in the park. And without further ado Celia got down on her knee and proposed to Pelham. He, of course, said yes and suggested that they get married right away. And so they did - this is a legacy after all.

Isn't he cute, our Mr Pelham Whitmore-Blue!

Pelham bought 20 000 simoleans with him and it was immediately spent in building a small blue house for the happy couple. (And no, I did not check Pelham's household - his wealth came as a pleasant surprise).

This is what the newlyweds did as soon as the house was ready. And they did it again until the watcher was pleased...

... but apparently not Celia.

Pelham has the family-oriented trait and when Celia told Pelham the news of his impending fatherhood he was ever so happy.

With the most important legacy task cleared, Pelham got a job on the painter career. Celia spent her days in the company of her friends practising her charisma skill and telling jokes to reach her aspiration to be a joke star.

She also took care of their small garden plot.

But her pregnancy was not always easy - especially when the toilet was too far away.

It's the third trimester and Celia is huge. I made her thin and flat-chested and look at her now!

But suddenly a crib appears out of nowhere, and Celia goes into labour.

In no time at all little Alena is born.

She is not blue...

... so it's back to the "drawing board".

The pregnancy test was positive.

Offline Slinky

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 01:00:50 PM »
Glad to see you decided to post it!  Your founder is great, I'm loving the pink hair.  I hope you have lots of blue heirs.  I know how frustrating it can be trying to get that blue baby, lol.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 01:38:25 PM »
Nice little blue founder, and dont be afraid, it could be that Alena is blue, I tried to make blue children in CAS and was not able to turn the child blue before i choose a teenager.

/Lena

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 12:47:02 AM »
Thanks for your encouraging comments, Slinky and Lena :) .

I do think that the Sim 4 babies have their real skin colour at birth. In Slinky's legacy they had a blueboo, so I am hoping to get one, too.

Offline Slinky

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 08:27:02 PM »
You'll get there! Just keep pumping out those babies!  And jogging, lol.  All that baby making will take its toll.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 12:07:12 AM »
Thanks for the encouragement, Slinky. I'll definitely keep on trying for a blue baby!

Celia does not get fat in my game that easily. The problem is that shee keeps becoming too muscular from gardening. I hate how she looks now. I made her very slight and now she looks like Hulk. I think I am going to edit her muscles in CAS at some point, because now she looks just so wrong.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 12:57:41 PM »
Chapter 2: A Growing Family

In the previous chapter my founder Celia Blue and her husband Pelham Whitmore-Blue had their first child, a girl called Alena. Sadly, she was not blue-skinned and therefore cannot be heir.

I don't think Pinstar has any rules about when you can grow up your sims. My own rule is to wait until their actual birthday to age them up. That means I let nature take its course with babies. So one evening Alena just jumped out of her crib on her own wearing flipflops with her socks

She was starving and generally miserable, too, so she headed straight for the fridge for a glass of milk.

Alena takes after her father - at this stage I don't think I see any features she has inherited from Celia. Anyway, she is really cute in her glasses, and I think I let her keep them. Her first trait is Slob and aspiration Artistic Prodigy. (I'll roll all the traits and aspirations with Pinstar's Random Trait Generator. )

Soon after Alena grew up, the second baby announced her arrival.

This is Anaya. Sadly she is not blue...

... so a third child was needed.

Being a stay at home mother with a child, a baby and another one on the way can be very trying. Celia does not have time for her friends or for the garden - her days are filled with taking care of her children...

... and cleaning and repairing things around the house. They tried to hire a maid to help but she is useless. She takes out the trash and mops, but never washes the dishes or cleans the toilet. Mostly she just stands idly in one place and charges for several hours.

Celia's lifeline during these stressful times is comedy. When Alena is at school and Anaya is sleeping, their mother writes jokes and composes comedy routines and laughs heartily at them herself.

First day of school was pretty exhausting for Alena.

In general, I think life for the children in Sims 4 is pretty demanding. It seems much more difficult to reach A at school than before and with the added task of striving for the child aspiration, there is not much time left for fun and play.

Luckily Alena knows how to combine work and play into one nice chess session.

Pelham is slowly progressing on the painter career. This school boy uniform is the career outfit for Hungry Artist (if I remember right).

Anaya grew up. Her child aspiration is Social Butterfly. She inherited the Slob trait from her father and we now have three slobs in the house, yay! But I wonder where did her red hair come from...

Celia goes into labour and makes those funny faces,

And TA-DAA! A blueboo is born! Yahoo!

It's a boy. His name is Azure Blue. And he is the first heir of the Blue Legacy.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Blue Legacy - Chapter 2 16.09.2014
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 01:02:00 PM »
And I am even more hopeless in keeping up my stories than finishing a challenge: my Townie DecaDynasty was just moved to the graveyard for the second time in its history

Sorry 'bout that. :P

Liking the legacy, though. Congrats on getting a blueboo!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 01:36:18 PM »
Sorry 'bout that. :P

You were only doing your duty and being a good moderator so no hard feelings. ;)

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 01:57:22 PM »
Chapter 3: Everyday life

The last infant of this generation, our heir Azure, aged up to child. He looks very nice - a lot like his father Pelham but with blue skin.
Azure's first trait is Geek and child aspiration: Social Butterfly.

Pelham has advanced on the painter career. He got to change his school boy uniform to teen duds. I guess that's progress.

Alena and Anaya are besties. They seem to spend most of their free time together.

(By the way, aren't the chairs disproportionately big for school age children?)

Alena keeps Anaya company when the latter works on her painting skill.

Maybe Alena could give her sister some drawing tips since she is way more skilled than Anaya. Alena can draw monsters!

The girls seem to have all their meals in their room. Well, the Blues don't have a proper dining table, maybe that's why.

If Anaya and Alena are BFFs, Azure is totally mama's boy. When he needed a BFF for his aspiration, he of course went to his mama and asked her to be his BFF.

It's not just Alena and Anaya and Azure and Celia who are close. The whole family have good relations with each other.

And it's not just the girls, even Azure can paint.

Little by little Celia is approaching her goal to be a Joke Star.

Her comedy routines seem to be getting better judging by the crowds she is attracting.

One Saturday, when Pelham was at work, Celia took the kids to Magnolia Park. Celia had hamburgers with some townies and kept an eye on her kids.

Can you spot the four Blues in this picture?

Well, they are all busy working towards their goals: Alena plays the violin to reach her goal to play an instrument for a total of ten hours and Celia performs one of the 20 comedy routines required to become a Joke Star.

Anaya and Azure are improving their motor skill in a fun way. They look like little monkeys hanging there.

With three slob sims in the house the toilet is always dirty and there are lots of puddles on the floor. Being one of the slobs, Alena is not bothered by the mess around her but plays happily in the filthy bathroom.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Blue Legacy - Chapter 3 (17.09.2014)
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 02:01:47 PM »
It's so nice that you can maintain household relationships now!  But get them a dining table and it'll be even easier ;)

Also, side note, I suspect none of the "unnatural" hair colors are heritable, so maybe that's where the red hair came from - the game assuming your founder was a natural ginger.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 05:11:29 PM »
My blue sims seem to always have blue offspring. I'm surprised that yours are having so much trouble! Will you be trying for a spare? My matriarchy had problems getting female children before I ditched it.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2014, 02:12:11 PM »
It's so nice that you can maintain household relationships now!  But get them a dining table and it'll be even easier ;)

Also, side note, I suspect none of the "unnatural" hair colors are heritable, so maybe that's where the red hair came from - the game assuming your founder was a natural ginger.

A dinner table is on my shopping list when the family has enough funds to expand their house. And I think you might be right about the ginger hair.

My blue sims seem to always have blue offspring. I'm surprised that yours are having so much trouble! Will you be trying for a spare? My matriarchy had problems getting female children before I ditched it.

Wow, you have been lucky with the blue offspring! I think three kids is enough, so Azure will be the last child of this generation. Sorry to hear about your matriarchy - it's tough when the game does not accommodate.

Thank you both for reading and commenting.

anything