Author Topic: Dear Diary  (Read 24586 times)

Offline Indira

• Occult
Dear Diary
« on: December 22, 2015, 05:29:13 AM »
Story Introduction
Will also include Chapter List and links later on.

Dear Diary,

Hey, it's been awhile. I'm so sorry we haven't talked much lately. I get paranoid about writing things down. You never know if the monster under the bed creeps out and try to sneak a peek! Can't have that! No, no, no! But of course I can't spend my life keeping my brilliant ideas all to myself. I'm too much of a genius, if I say so myself.  ;)   Although some people call me Insane behind my back.  ::) HUH?! Who's insane huh, huh? They just don't know, spirits live everywhere! Tables, chairs, they have feelings, you know? They are my friends. Look at those gardeners. They talk to plants, a lot! Do people call them insane? Nooooo! Of course they don't! *Sigh* People, I can never understand them.

**Pats chair gently**

Anyway, I felt the call to a challenge. It seems I am now a participant and must go forth and conquer careers! Being the geek that I am, I easily found an app that would wisely pick the career suited for me.

Of course I'm not a cheat! How ridiculous! The app rightfully chose the Tech Guru career for me, and I will soon be the best e-Sports Gamer out there.

Shhh! Listen.... Did you hear that? It feels like someone is watching me.

LOL. I'm bonkers! There's no way that'll happen. Harharhar! Anyway, see you next time diary. I've a house to make and stories to tell myself.

Yours truly,

Jazmin Pink

Chapters and Pages

Character Profile

Book 1 Jazmin's Diary

Note 1 A New Beginning
Note 2 A Choice
Note 3 Testing The Waters
Note 4 Knee-Deep in Trouble
Note 5 Tying the Knot
Note 6 Welcome Janine
Note 7 I Want to be Queen
Note 8 Happy Days
Note 9 Birthday at Granite Falls
Note 10 Janine on Simbook
Note 11 Budding Love
Note 12 A Revelation

Book 2 Janine's Diary

Note 13 Janine's First Diary Entry
Note 14 Young Adult At Last
Note 15 Together Forever
Note 16 Who Said Goodbye is Easy
Note 17 Beware the Moo
Note 18 The Cows Have To Go
Note 19 Getting Bigger
Note 20 Life and Death
Note 21 The House on the Hill

Offline Indira

• Occult
Re: Dear Diary
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 10:29:27 AM »
Character Profile
This will list all the characters that becomes part of the family. It will include the founder, spouses, and natural born children. Stats will be updated at each birthdays and when Grim comes for them.

===============

Name: Jazmin Pink (Founder)

Traits: Geek, Genius, Insane, Quick Learner
Reward Traits: Webmaster(from aspiration), Entrepreneurial, Steel Bladder, Gym Rat, Observant, Death By Old Age
Career Goal/Occupation: Tech Guru - eSports Gamer - Level 10
Aspiration: Computer Whiz - Completed
Skills: from Young Adult to Adult age to Elder
Charisma - 6
Comedy - 3
Cooking - 3
Dancing - 3
Fishing - 0
Fitness - 6
Gardening - 7
Handiness - 1
Logic - 1
Mischief - 3
Photography - 2
Programming - 10
Video Gaming - 10
Writing - 1

Description: Pink-haired lady with a quirky personality. Some say she is a genius, some say she's insane, but everyone agrees there is something strange about Jazmin. Who's her family and where did she come from? She simply appeared one day out of thin air. There are whispers about witches and fairies and a chest full of secrets. So far, no one has proven anything. No one has seen anything. But when there is smoke, there is fire.

===============

Name: Don Lothario

Traits: Noncommittal, Active, Romantic, Alluring
Career Goal/Occupation: Gardener
Aspiration: Freelance Botanist
Skills: from Young Adult to Adult age
Charisma - 6
Comedy - 4
Cooking - 10
Dancing - 5
Fishing - 10
Fitness - 10
Gardening - 10
Handiness - 9
Logic - 1
Mischief - 1
Mixology - 1
Painting - 4
Photography - 2
Programming - 0
Video Gaming - 5
Video Gaming - 1

Description:

===============

Name: Janine Pink

Traits: Insider, Socially Gifted
Career: Grade School Student
Aspiration/s:
Social Butterfly - completed
Chief of Mischief -
Skills: from Child to Teen age-adult
Charisma - 5
Comedy - 2
Creativity - 2
Cooking - 4
Dancing - 2
Fishing - 0
Fitness - 2
Gardening - 2
Handiness - 0
Logic - 2
Mental - 5 (child skill)
Mischief - 4
Motor - 6 (child skill)
Photography - 2
Programming - 0
Social - 10 (child skill)
Video Gaming - 5

Description:

===============

Name: Lex Prieto

Traits: Perfectionist, Glutton, Creative
Career:
Aspiration:
Skills:
Charisma - 2
Comedy - 1
Cooking - 3
Dancing - 1
Fishing -
Fitness - 2
Gardening -
Handiness -
Logic -
Painting - 2
Photography -
Programming -
Video Gaming - 1

Description:

===============

Name: Millicent Pink

Traits: Outgoing
Reward Traits: Socially Gifted (from aspiration)
Career:
Aspiration/s:
Skills:
Charisma - 1
Comedy - 2
Cooking -
Creativity - 2
Dancing -
Fishing -
Fitness -
Gardening -
Handiness -
Logic -
Mental - 4 (child skill)
Mischief - 1
Motor - 10 (child skill)
Photography -
Programming -
Video Gaming -

Description:

===============

Name: Kristopher Locke

Traits: Goofball
Reward Traits: Socially Gifted (from aspiration)
Career:
Aspiration/s:
Skills:
Charisma - 1
Comedy -
Cooking -
Creativity - 2
Dancing -
Fishing -
Fitness -
Gardening -
Handiness -
Logic -
Mental - 5 (child skill)
Motor - 10 (child skill)
Photography -
Programming -
Video Gaming -

Description:

===============

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 06:46:53 AM »
You are back! Yay!! *doing happy dance* Can't wait to read  ;D

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 06:50:21 AM »
Note 1 A New Beginning

10PM, SUNDAY

Dear Diary,

You have no idea how tiring it is to prepare a home with less than 50,000 simoleons. The cost of materials is just staggering! I barely had any money left for food. Do you think $4 is enough to feed me one meal? No? I thought so. :( I shouldn't have bought that plant. But it looks nice over there by the front door.

Let me show you my current house and other stuff I did today.

I did go out and found something nice on the ground just outside the house. Sold it for a few monies. At least I can now eat for the next 2 days. I was talking about the food problem with the tomatoes. They asked, "Why not plant a garden?" Why not indeed! But I don't have the time for gardening, you know that. I'm using my spare time to play Sims on my computer. You should have seen my little people peeing their pants, hehe. I took out all the doors and turned off the lights. What a blast! Then one of them made grilled fruit and burned the house down! And a funny little guy in black robes came..then my computer went kaput!  >:( It goes without saying, I need a better computer! I wish I'm rich. Ever heard of motherlode or kaching? I searched it on Simpedia but I got nothing concrete. It's all so hush hush. Oh well, it's probably bogus. Even my table agreed with me on that.

Anyway, with my computer under repair, I went out to the small park and see what it's like around the neighborhood. I met a nice boy named alexis..alexia..hmm..Alexander! He was surprised and awed by my brilliance, nice kid. He knows a genius when he sees one. :D We played pirates for a bit with his girlfriend, who-must-not-be-named, 'coz I don't know her name.

And then who came along jogging in a slowmo kind of way, all dreamlike, that stuff in the movies? Whew! Hotness! I couldn't believe my eyes. Who knew I'd meet an old flame here in Newcrest? I even have an old picture of us together.

Should I say hi? Or ran away? Would he even remember me? It was too late to run away as he literally bumped into me. Opening my eyes wide, I said, "Fancy meeting you here, stranger."

With his hands on my arms, steadying me, his jaw dropped down and looked like he saw a ghost. Uh oh...not good...I remember we didn't exactly part amicably. I'm sure it involved my foot on his behind and his clothes strewn on the street. It was actually a fun moment. He called me a crazy witch back then too.  ;D But I'm willing to let bygones be bygones. I'm making a new life here in Newcrest. Letting go of the past is something that needs to be done. So with a few jokes and funny stories, it's like yesterday never happened. Looks like we can even be friends now.

We will talk again tomorrow dear diary, I need my beauty sleep and rise early to get my computer back from the repair shop.

Yours truly,

Jazmin

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 07:11:29 AM »
Thanks @KTK10 :D  This new story will be a diary-type, so we get to know Jazmin through her ramblings and notes. Most, if not all of the story will be seen through her eyes until her heir comes to light. Will do my best to write often.

I'll also be continuing my other work, Cost of Happiness. I'm still organizing the screenshots in a semblance of order and making them into jpegs before uploading on photobucket. Hoping to have one working chapter before the end of this year. I love that family.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 04:42:06 PM »
This is very interesting, Don an old flame... hmmm. *Bookmarked* :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 10:48:28 PM »
Note 2 A Choice

Monday, 11PM

Dear Diary,

What a day! My second day here in Newcrest and already I got to meet so many people. Alexander called me up early this morning asking if I want to tag along with him and his dad to this new Tea House. Since my job starts tomorrow anyway, I can always do with some socializing.  ;)

It's a great place with an awesome open-air bar. And who do I see there when I arrived? :D Is it fate? Or whatever... We went dancing afterwards. Alexander showed me some fancy moves. Though I couldn't exactly do it right. Do I look awkward in that picture? I'm sure I look funny. But it was fun and tiring. So we went back to the bar to have a drink. The bartender was looking daggers at me while Don was chatting me up. I didn't quite catch her name. Neena...Veena? Ah no, those are the belly dancers! Hrmm...well anyway, if looks could kill, I'd be pushing up daisies.  :P I didn't exactly expire, but she "accidentally" sloshed a drink down my dress. Accident huh? Is this some sort of initiation in the neighborhood? Before I could react with outrage, Don led me away and we went downstairs where he presented me with a box that has a big pink bow on top.

"Beware of greeks bearing gifts!"

I wondered for a moment about Don's ancestry. From what I know, he has Italian in his blood. I wanted to ponder some more, but the pink bow is calling my name, "Jazmin...Jazmin...open me up. Come on...you know you want to." Alright already! With baited breath I pulled at the bow and opened the box. Lo and behold! A dazzling pink dress! In my joy, I turned to Don and hugged him. Wait, is that hug a little bit too tight? Nevermind, I was too entranced with my new dress. I hurried to the ladies room and put it on. I looked fabulous!

I returned to Don's side and asked him to dance with me. It was a lovely gift and I'm lovely. Must be why he was looking at me the whole time. Can I giggle? No? Yes? Teeheehee.  ;D   He is totally into me, I just know it!

**chair snickers**

Oooohh, shut up chair!

I'd better sleep now dear diary. See you later.

Yours truly,

Jazmin

P.S. Should I encourage him? My heart still beats a little for him...a tiny bit... but he is noncommittal, reason we broke up before.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 11:25:20 PM »
@Playalot It's the first that I've truly looked at Don as a possible candidate for spouse. But nothing is set in stone. :D

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2015, 11:39:43 PM »
I can't give you an unbiased response to that as I have always had a soft spot for Don, whenever I've played him as a spouse, his non committal trait has never been a problem and he is always autonomously looking for his mate.. so cute! I love Jazmin's personality, she is so sweet  ;D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 04:23:30 PM »
Great story!  Don is my go-to guy for spouse pretty much every time.  The thing with him is make him a friend, (cloud gazing spam), and then let him make the moves.  I found if I'm too romantically aggressive his noncommittal thing pops in but if I get him to move in and then control him into romance it's always worth it.  He is a great spouse and Dad.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 12:24:25 AM »
Note 3 Testing The Waters

Wednesday, 9:00PM

Dear Diary,

It has been a trying week. *sigh* No time to play and I am just eehhxhaausted..... The stress is just too much. I never knew playing games and programming could be this hard. I have to let it go!

"Let it go, let it go!
Can't hold it back anymore.
Let it go, let it go!
Turn away and slam the door..."

**CRASH!! BANG!! @#$%@!**

Ooops! I think I bothered the neighbors.  ;D But I feel better now. Time to sleep. Bye diary.

-Jazmin

--------------------------

Monday, 10PM

Dear Diary,

Guess what?! I got my promotion at last! Whooooopeeee!

After the hardship, it feels so great to get that promotion. I talked to Travis earlier, he is my co-worker, and he said it's always hard to progress in the beginning, especially when you're poor. How right he is. Will I ever be rich? I can't even afford to hire a repairman.  I spent last night repairing my aging computer. It was so late, I fell asleep on  my chair. I think Gonk was looking at me funny.  :-[

Anyway, Don has been calling a lot these days. I'm still not sure if he is the right one for me. I haven't told him yet about the long-held secret in my family.

He came by today and invited me to hangout on Saturday at The Bluffs with a few other people. I told him about the Loch Sim Monster, or Simmie as the locals call her. He looked so scared.  ;D I didn't tell him I was just kidding. There's no such thing as a sea monster...or is there?

**shiver**

Maybe I should sleep with the lights on tonight.   :P

-Fraidy-cat-Jazmin

--------------------------

Saturday, 9:00pm

Dear Diary,

It was a lot of fun today! I enjoyed myself at The Bluffs despite Katrina shooting suspicious looks at me. I couldn't really say anything bad to her, can I? Seems like Don is close with her family. Good thing Nancy Landgraab was there to keep the conversation going. Otherwise, it would have been an awkward situation. Awkward and I don't really get along that well.

My muscles are sore. I'm off to bed. Talk to you later diary.  xoxo

-Jazmin

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 12:40:55 AM »
@KTK10 @Joria   Don is growing on me. It's a first. I was pretty much biased against him for quite sometime due to him being a 'Lothario'. But surprisingly, I later learned he hasn't developed any romantic feeling to any of the three dudettes he lived with. I don't know if it was just a coincidence in my game. But I was glad for that.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 05:53:58 AM »
He never has any romantic relationships in my games either! Not sure if that's the intention or we are just lucky  ;D Can't say I'm happy to have that song in my head again after my 3 year old JUST stopped singing it!  :Phahaha, but do have to say that I loved your pictures and your trip to the bluff looked like heaps of fun! My sims never get to do fun stuff like that!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2016, 04:55:45 PM »
Your screenshots are amazing!!!  Jazmin is such a fun Sim.  I've never been brave enough to play one with the insane trait but you are surely making her fun.  Don never has any romantic interests in my games unless I make him have them.  Despite his last name he really is quite a guy and makes the best looking nooboos ever!  I've never played at the bluffs.  Were you invited to a party there?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2016, 08:17:20 PM »
Note 4 Knee-Deep In Trouble

Sunday, 4PM

Dear Diary,

How do I start? Should I be happy, or sad, or... **sigh....Looks at Gonk...sigh again**

My week has been so dull lately, I needed a break. Travis from work called up late last night telling me of a party somewhere. I said yes and was instantly asked to bring friends along with me. And that's when trouble started.

It was most fun and exhilarating! The dancing! The DJ! Oh man, I learned some groovy moves!

** "Ugh, who says 'groovy' these days? You're old."    **

Shut up Gonk or I trash you somewhere.

**  ".........................."  **

Where was I? Oh yes, the cool dance moves! Strutting my stuff and showing off my skills! Awesome, yeah! So awesome that we forgot the time.  :'( Came back from the party at dawn. It was good we brought along a change of clothes or we'd be too smelly for company. harharhar

We passed by Don's house and look who's waiting outside, arms akimbo, eyebrows drawn together...she'll have lines on her face before she becomes elder.

Katrina was on fire! Don and I couldn't get a word in and she was going..blah blah blah! Ahhhhhhh! Imagine it. We were like little kids being lectured on, and on top of that, it was in public, in sight of the many people walking and jogging by. It was too embarrassing, I could have died! Then Katrina continued berating Don for being so irresponsible and immature and not letting his family know where he is. We'll, they're not exactly family, but he does live with them and has grown up with Katrina's two daughters, Nina and Dina.

**sigh** It didn't help that I behaved like a teenager towards her, answering glibly.  She looked pretty livid to me back then, so I ran away. Yes, I ran away.  :'(

Later diary, I want to hide in my bed. :'(

-Cry-baby-Jazmin

---------------------------

Monday, 9PM

Dear Diary,

The worst has happened! I found Don early this morning. He was in the park lying on some cardboard with his bag and a strange box with him. He told me he slept under the stars last night and grilled burgers at the park. At least he ate well. But I couldn't help feeling sorry for him having spent the night out in the cold.

I don't know if it's a good idea but I invited him to stay with me for a bit till he finds a new place. I feel so guilty. I know deep in my mind, it's all my fault. Don never said a word of reproach. He's still as cheerful as ever. Granted that my house is too small for two people, Don places his cardboard in front of the kitchen and sleeps there. Should I invite him to share my double bed? Of course I can't! The consequences... No, he is safer with his cardboard. I can't risk it.

Don has been really nice and helpful. I kinda want to keep him forever. He cleans up after himself, cooks a mean salad, and throws the garbage out. Do you even know a man who willingly throws out the garbage on his own without being yelled at to throw it out? **snorts** Don is a keeper!

-wavering-Jazmin

------------------------

Saturday, 11:30PM

Dear Diary,

I've fallen into deep ****. I can't write the word down. My great-great-great-great-grandchildren might read my diary someday. I don't want them learning bad words from their granny. But how do I describe this situation?  The inconceivable has happened. It is horrible and wonderful. Ah, no words can truly define it. In hindsight, it might have been preordained. Maybe it was fate, like there was some invisible hand that made it happen. This..this feeling...is it what they call true love?

I was a carefree girl when I first met Don many years ago. Life was fun and full of sunlight. Don and I had issues, we broke up, but I was never really heartbroken. I was sad for four hours, but that ended soon after and I was back on my feet ready to enjoy life again. That's youth for you.  ;D 

That all changed when I went back to the village where I was born.

My ancestors have been living in secrecy for hundreds of years. There were whispers of a hidden village in the mist, a village called Secret Village. Great name huh?  ::) Our first ancestress must have been at a loss for words. Anyway, on with my story. In Secret Village  ::), there....

Shoot! Black out??! Are you fffeerrr reealll? Ughhjhj can't ssseee whaaat I'.,mm weritinhg.

$#@$%*!!@

-jeeezmnn