Author Topic: Spring Challenge 2016  (Read 13724 times)

Offline Mack

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't fret, or you will miss the fun.
Spring Challenge 2016
« on: March 23, 2016, 03:42:04 PM »
Where can I meet Jasmine? I have not seen her yet. The intro says she is at the communal garden? Where is it?

We have several threads on the Spring Challenge and Growfruit:

Growfruit: Found Jasmine Holiday!
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,26209.0.html

Growfruit Growing Everywhere?! - Not a Bug, it's by design
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,26223.0.html

EA Announcement: Grow Growfruit and Hunt Eggs in the Sims 4 Spring Challenge:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,26174.0.html

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread or the other two above. The EA Announcement thread about this topic has been locked so there is less confusion and due to having so many threads on this topic.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift; that's why it's called a present.

Dellena

Re: Spring Challenge
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 04:10:26 PM »
There's one in Willow Creek on the bottom right neighborhood.  There's also one in Oasis Springs in the middle right neighborhood (has the Sandtrap Flat lot).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mack

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't fret, or you will miss the fun.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 04:52:46 PM »
There's one in Willow Creek on the bottom right neighborhood.  There's also one in Oasis Springs in the middle right neighborhood (has the Sandtrap Flat lot).

Thanks Dellena. Of course now that you mention it, there is a "communal" garden in Willow Creek. I believe there is another garden in Willow Creek in the upper left neighborhood behind Oakenstead. I have a family in that neighborhood. I will check and let you know if Jasmine is there.

More info:

I have played my Sim family for about one week Sim's time in the garden behind Oakenstead (Willow Creek upper left neighborhood). Unless other players saw her, Jasmine never show up. It appears that she goes only  to the garden in Willow Creek at the bottom right neighborhood. 
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift; that's why it's called a present.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 07:02:33 PM »
Since the Spring Challenge has started what are your tips for it.

Egg Hunt, other than looking for frogs and digging things up, where else is a good place to look for them?

Growfruit, anyone found a guaranteed place to find them growing or find the lady you need to speak too.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 10:51:58 PM »
I found the grow lady. She was right where they said she would be. There is a little garden area across the street from Johnny Zest's trailer. I saw the new community gardener there. (The old one had apparently retired) After a few seconds, the grow lady showed up, and began tending some of the boxes.

In Willow Creek, there is also a small garden, behind the BFF house. I assume, that's where she'd hang out, if you happened to be in that neighborhood.

Offline XxMousiexX

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 11:15:50 PM »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 02:31:26 AM »
Didn't notice the community garden but will certainly go hunting for it now I know where to look, everything I could find just said that she could be found in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs but didn't specifically reference where in the neighborhoods she could be found.

With the Eggs, so far I've found them Gardening, Upgrading Items, At Work in the Doctor Career, Digging up rocks, Fishing and Looking for Frogs.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 04:34:15 AM »
Harvesting wild plants will give your sim some eggs to. That's how my sim got the two rare ones that 'glow'.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 09:04:54 AM »
Anyone else noticing that grow fruit are growing everywhere? Whilst that is useful, what's annoying is that it's replacing other plants that should be there instead. I had to resort to testing cheats to get the cherry (tree).

It even replaced the cherry trees in Slyvan Glade.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2016, 12:58:46 PM »
When I found her she looks like the sim in the picture but instead of being Jasmine Holiday her name was Gladys Hagan. But she was the challenge coordinator and I got the growfruit and fertilizer from her.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 08:01:51 PM »
Harvesting wild plants will give your sim some eggs to. That's how my sim got the two rare ones that 'glow'.

Interesting, and very handy to know..

Offline Jase~

• Occult
  • Legacy Player
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2016, 08:42:24 AM »
Has anyone had any luck with growing a perfect/excellent growfruit yet? My legacy families have been working away fertilizing, talking, and tending to their growfruit trees without any luck. Just normal fruit quality.

You can read it here from the beginning.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2016, 10:09:32 AM »
@Jase~

I have my Grow Fruit trees and fruit up to magnificent so far.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2016, 10:46:32 AM »
@Jase~
I had some perfect plants already, so I grafted a Growthfruit Tree cutting to a perfect plant. When the plant bore fruit, I planted one and took another to Jasmine.
Do you have any fast-growing perfect plants? Granite Fall herbs, basil/sage/parsley....check Carl's Gardening list to see which among your perfect plants has the fastest growing time.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2016, 12:43:25 PM »
Like Tigerskin I have my tree and fruit up to magnificent also.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

anything