Author Topic: Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty  (Read 154723 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Lol! Artie with a camera just seems... dangerous yet oh so hilarious! I have a soft spot for Cassie since she was part of my first ID. So I love the pics of her and love how you dressed her up.
This was my first time using any of the photo features really.  I hadn't done a lot of selfies or anything because I've been exploring other things so it was dangerous for both of us.  Thank you about Cassie. I really like how she turned out after the makeover but there are so many surprises coming you guys way.  The household has taken over their own lives.

I think Artie and a camera is a great thing; lots of chances for him to acquire pictures that he may be able to use for 'work purposes'. :)
When he was taking those photos, he was the Brains of the operation so that would make sense ;)

OMG my stomach hurts so much from laughing so hard!  This story is just a laugh riot.  Finally caught up again.  It's really great.
Thanks Joria.  I tend to giggle when I'm writing but my sense of humor doesn't always translate sadly. 

Oh my, Artie had a lucky escape from that alien and I love his photography skills (and taking notice of Cass).
She was coming onto him hard and his facial expressions were having none of it. 

And so much happened in the last session that I have to resist not going into the game and get you guys caught up. My goal this time around is to keep you guys as up to date as my playing so that I don't have to do like 10 chapters just so you guys know I finished.  Or.. miss out on any of the good stuff in the sadness of me failing.. so.  It's good to have goals right. ;D
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty || House Tour!
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2016, 01:16:01 PM »
I thought it was time to give you guys that house tour that I had been talking about before there are too many spoilers!

As seen in the background of Artie's photography project, I gave them a pool/bbq area.

The yoga part of the patio where most of them spend the 2 hours before work stretching their bodies.

On the other side of the house is the gardening area.  I'm two plants short of the whole collection minus the herbs from OR.

This is the dining room across from the kitchen. 

And the kitchen which I still think may be the best done room in the house.

The.. creativity room! Mortimer's writing corner, Cass's instrument corner, Bella's bar, both fish tanks and the public bathrooms.

The living room/game room/focus oriented area.  Though I think some of the space prints have lost their oomph because the gaming corner has lost it's focused aura.  :/

Juli, Jaxon and Reid's room.   Reid is following in Mortimer's footsteps while in high school and is becoming a best selling author but that will probably change once he's an actual adult (He will probably be finished the aspiration by then).

Artie's room.  This is the first time I didn't give him a red and black room to match himself but the blue just came out better.  He sucks it up.

The Goth Bedroom.. as if you couldn't tell haha!

The roof/deck with the hot tub and telescope.  Around the corner is where Alex keeps his wood working table. 

And since you guys already saw the first floor of the basement, I give you the second floor of the basement - The museum and proud home of Artie's things already :)

And now our intermission is over.  There are more things to come very soon but sick toddler has my attention more than stories today.

Next Update

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
So spacious, I'm envious. I love what you've done with the water features that came with Spa Day. I also really like the kitchen and the dining room, I don't usually go for those colours but it works so well and no wonder it looks so light and airy.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Okay rica!!! This is just too funny. I did what you told me about looking and using the graph paper and going from there. Well, I've been working on what to do with my next Brooks in sims 4 adventure and I found a house that ruthless kk has. A nice little modern. I can take and expand off of and make it what I want. Well, What is it with the Grims and Brooks that they have the same taste???  ??? :P ;D I had no idea until I say the inside of yours until now.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
I love the house!
The pastel shades of light blue with white and light grey do make the house look (using Nettlejuice's word) airy. 
The kitchen is spacious and gorgeous!

I like that your spares all have "real" living quarters, but why doesn't Artie have a bed as nice as the Goths? Has he been bad? lol

Your octagonal museum is so clever!
It's hard to believe that your dynasty is still in Gen1---your household has already accomplished so much!

Sorry to hear that your toddler is unwell.  Hope s/he gets well soon! 

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Rica, the house is gorgeous! Absolutely love it!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
OOOO!  I really love the house!  Your colors are so refreshing and soothing and just great.  I have a really hard time with color but you just nailed it.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
@Nettlejuice It was a random edition but I'm like.  "This goes here.. yes that works lovely.  I think.  At least its symmetrical."  Haha.  It's nice to look at for long periods of time too so that helps!  Thank you!

@sdhoey Hey.. I made a mention back when I first showed the house that I was looking at ruthless kk houses and the house where the Reapers were in the prologue is one of her houses.  You didn't choose that house did you :-P  Though I'm a fan of the legacy house she put together if you're looking for more inspiration.  ;)  Some of the ones that people built for Sims 3 are good to check out here on the forum too. Funny thing is the main style of the house came from me staring at a house I found on the gallery that fit the space.

@oshizu Thank you! The kitchen and dining room have a green mint tone to them more than the blue of the rest of the house to set them apart too which helps me keep in mind what I'm working on in each room.    As for Artie's bed.  Well.  He had the best bed in the house until we got the money for the others.  I sold the cordelia beds when they moved in for the house and thought I owed them. 

The other thing about it is that the better the bed, the less they sleep and Artie is at the point he's not hurting for hours in the day.   One of the major things I learned doing past dynasties and my speed life states (it's like 2 pages - Licious Family) was to help manage the elders while working on the current gen.  If Artie takes 4 extra hours to sleep.. that was 4 hours I didn't have to make sure he was busy! And while the unique things are a lot less strict this time around (skills can be shared), once gen 2 gets to the point of working on requirements.  Artie being managed is the goal.   

Also not my toddler, my niece but we spend our days together during the week.  She was unwell earlier this week but now that she's ebtter she still feels the need to cuddle.. a lot so I give in because she's 4 and that's a limited time offer you know!

Wow.. that turned into a block of text.  I'm so sorry.

@Shewolf13 Thank you! 

@Joria You're the builder!  I've always been in awe of some of your creations so thank you! 

Thank you to everyone that has been reading and your encouragement.  I have several updates that need to be done.  Things are rolling in very unexpected ways. 

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
@Ricalynn, it's the house Artie is living in. Lol if not then it's close to it. Hers is called pebble beach something I believe. I'll tell you in the morning. I'm off to bed now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty || Chapter 14: 111 x 2
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2016, 04:44:58 AM »
Yep!  That's the house the Reapers lived in during the prologue.  They were downstairs in the movie room.   But definitely not the same house :P  I do enjoy that house.  She's an awesome builder but I slaved away at the dynasty house for a long time after taking notes. 

Good choice!

Coming Soon:  Artie did a thing and I wish I could tell you about it right now but first I need to give you this chapter!

Addy - Uhh.. sorry to bother your "you time", Morty but Artie called a house meeting.
Morty - *groan* I wouldn't need me time if it wasn't for Artie.
Addy - Yeah well.. wait til you get down there before getting upset.

Cassie - That's such a good home robot. 
Addy - Ooh did you make a second one for me?
Cassie - No.  I upgraded the other one I can now transform items.
Addy - Yay we can finally get rid of those eggs we've been collecting.
Cassie - What?
Addy - You upgraded the SimRay.. you can spend all day making them into better stuff!
Cassie - Ugh.
Addy - Oh and Artie called an all hands.  Head to the living room.

Addy - This is the game that doesn't end.  Yes it goes on and on my friends.  Two people started playing it not knowing what it was and they continue playing it forever just because this is the--
Reid - You can stop that now.  It's killing my concentration.
Juli - And you're kind of off key.
Addy - Well Artie is having one everyone meet about 10 feet away from you.  Which is right in front of you Reid if you look up. 
Reid - Mother and son time will finish at the end of this game. 

Artie - I would like to thank all of you for coming down to one room.  I don't know why Sofia is here but--
Sofia - Hi
Reid - Get to the point.
Artie - Shush you.  I thought a night where we weren't aspring, skilling or doing anything really would be good and I rented a whole bunch of movies for us to watch together.
Morty - *internal: What are you up to, red man*

Artie - Come on people. Now who wants to pick the movie?
Morty - *suspicious*
Cassie - *impressed*
Reid - *worried*
Alex - *internal:  What's wrong with Dad?*
Juli - Klumzee Sisters!
Artie - Klumzee Sisters it is since none of the rest of you remember how to talk.

Cassie - *internal:  Was Artie looking at me?*
Mortimer - *internal:  He better get away from her*
Artie - *internal: whoops.. got caught looking*

Everyone is having a good time right?

Somewhere near 6 am.
Bella - We haven't done this since the kids were born.
Mortimer - I know.  *giggles* Maybe we should do this for the rest of the day.
Bella - Or we could do other stuff..
Mortimer - You are very bad, Mrs. Goth.  Just remember I have work later.

Addy - Hey why are you home.. No no no no no.
Mortimer - I'm just going to lay right here.  That seems like a good idea.
Addy - So not cool.
Mortimer - You and Artie got the notification yesterday didn't you?
Addy - Yeah that's why we watched movies all night.

*lots of sobbing*
Artie - So which reaper are you?
Reaper - Wouldn't you like to know.
Artie - Actually I would.  If I'm being stalked by a new person I figure I should at least know a name.
Reaper - Artie.. you're making no sense.
Artie - Oh hey Bob.  Sorry there was a new person last time.
Reaper Bob - There was?
Artie - Yeah.. okay Bella c'mere.  Let's go get you a Granny Smash.
Bella - He c-c-c-can't be gone.
Artie - He was 111 dear. 
Bella - Still Young.

Juli - I heard her.. She said he was 111.  Does that mean you're here for me too?
Reaper Bob - What?  No.  Why would I take two of Artie's housemates in the same call?
Juli - I still have a lot to do in that house.  So you need to double check that pad of yours and see if my name is on there..

Juli - Wow I feel lightheaded..
Reaper Bob - Uhh.. Bye.  I wasn't here when this started.
Juli - Wha?
*Reaper Poof*

Artie - Bob.  Why didn't you say this was a twofer?
New Reaper - Bob left.
Bella. - Oh no
Reid ( who had just gotten home ) - Mom!

Reid - *blubbering mess*
Bella - So much death..
Reaper - You'd be surprised how many Deaths there are actually.
Artie - Oh.. I need to use the little boy's room..

This is the picture Artie took while everyone was grieving...

Addy - ARTIE!
Artie - Don't tell!

Reid - How could you!
Reaper - Whoa kid.  You might want to back down.

Reid - She was all I had!
Reaper - Hey hey just calm down okay?
Reid - No I don't want to calm down. 

Reaper - Look kid.  I know you don't understand but it was time for your Mom to go.  And she's not all you have.  This house.  This life that you were born into.  It's crazy and creepy and one hell of a journey.  And while yes it seems a little selfish for Artie to want to put people through this when life isn't as easy for you.  Think of it this way.  You are just one of many souls that will have touched his story.  Artie never forgets.  Ask him about Agnes, Jocasta, Simis, Michael, Malcolm,Wilbur, Harry and Simonis.  Get him to tell you who Dawn, Cassidy, Nicholas, Jessica and Thomas are.  Ask about Christin, Alexander and his wife Patricia.  Their son Buzz.  Ask about Cheyenne, Dakota, Prim, Saffron, Pepper, Reka, Rosemary, Tama, Adrianna, Jules and so many more that I could go on and on about but I don't have time.  You're mad that I took your mom away.  That's healthy but just because he plays around doesn't mean Artie doesn't take every death to heart.  He will give you the best life a dynasty extra could hope for.  Just look at this house.  You want for nothing.. and you were the best gift he could have ever given your parents.  A child at the end of their days that they wouldn't have had without him.  Think about it.... *poof*

And while all this was going on.. Audrey II died .. the real tragedy of the day.

Alex - Please.. please tell me that doesn't mean what I think it means.
Addy - Sorry sweetie. 
Alex - Where's Mom?
Addy - Inside.. Artie got her a Granny Smash.

Addy - What are you doing still here..?
Reaper - Shh.  No one seemed to notice that the coffee had been bad for days.  They will put away the books we want left alone but clean up the coffee.. Fo'get about it.  Okay okay I'm gone now.
Addy - Could have at least handled the spoiled food too!

Addy - Guys.. don't make me put it into an inventory somewhere. C'mon get inside and eat before we have more of them.
Alex - I just can't believe..
Cassie - I wasn't ready..
Addy - Trust me.  You never are when it happens.  C'mon in. 

Bella - Painting didn't help..
Addy - Maybe we should try a different sad painting then..
Bella - Okay..
Addy - Cheer up honey.  You've found him again and again through many different situations.
Bella - I know..
Addy - It's not goodbye.  It's a pause.
Bella - You're right.  Hey you might want to check for insects in the mailbox.  I heard a weird clicking when Juli was dying..
Addy - Don't worry I know what that was..

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
What a lovely way to spend time with the family before leaving  :'( The internal thoughts between Morty, Artie and Cas, too funny! That photograph, you naughty man, Artie Grim xD Its reminiscent of Metro's behind museum (I think that's what it was called?) One of the screenshots wasn't entered in correctly, the one before Morty's death scene.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
What was that weird clicking noise? And Artie's being awfully solicitous of the new widow. Hmm...
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
It looked like Bella was painting a black widow spider too...ouch.

The Reaper's speech to Reid really got me thinking too. Or was I thinking before that? Whatever. I had been caught up for a while on the thought of if dynasty founders really do all that much good as a whole. It's easy to deconstruct the entire Immortal Dynasty challenge as a way to keep people prisoners of your house, to have kids born into this house with little choice of how their life will go (no one chooses to be an immortal except for maybe the founder, and no one chooses to be a mortal either). And I may or may not have been taking that path with a story myself, but there's the potential for a lot of new joy to be made out of being one of a dynasty's mortal companions.

Reid didn't ask to be born, but his parents were better off for it. And he did get a nice house and lots of fun chess games...
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
First of all I was more excited to see Reaper Bob then I maybe should have been. I know most dynasty players would agree with me but I seem to get mote attached to my spares because their time is fleeting.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Ah, so sad when the helpers pass on.  I never would have credited Artie for spending that last night with everyone together as a family just having fun and being with one another.  That was a really nice touch.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery