Author Topic: Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty  (Read 156433 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
When you wrote "You and Artie got the notification yesterday," did you mean that Artie was "cc'ed" on Mortimer's notification or that Mortimer and Artie are the same age.

The Reaper's words of comfort to Reid were thought-provoking. Almost made me feel, for a second there, that Artie has a conscience.
I agree with MarianT about Artie's kindness being suspect.

Oh oh oh, can't wait for the next chapter now!
RIP Mortimer and Juli. 

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
@Nettlejuice I fixed the photo like right after you posted and then crashed before posting it was fixed so I hope no one else thought you were crazy.  And I hadn't even thought of Metro's behind thing when it happened but Bella was in that too!

@MarianT  That's my secret!  You could easily explain away it was the camera making a noise as Arty did his thing, right?

@ratchie Yeah I was sad to see them go and at the same time really relieved.   It was an odd concept this time around but when Cass or Reid goes it will definitely be more heartbreaking.  Though.. I wonder if this means I'm becoming immune!

@Joria Artie is evil and insane but this isn't his first time around the merry-go-round so he has his moments.  Or!  He was softening the blow for the others because he still needs a baby mama.  Or.. you know it's Artie and we'll never know.   

@oshizu Artie does have a conscience.  He can be mean and random about a lot of things but I think he understands.  As for he got the notification.  Artie is a reaper.  I imagine that he's been a reaper for a long time and no one knew he was the one that was coming to take away the Sims 3 immortal dynasty spares and husbands.  To him it was all a joke.  So he is on the outside looking in.  He sees this as just one world of many worlds.  But in a way he's like Deadpool, there is no fourth wall with him.  He knows about watchers and who they really are. He knows about the challenge as it's written.  He has been known in the past to use his computer to actually "check our forums."  So when I say he got the notification, that means when I saw the "it's almost time for Mortimer Goth to move on" message - he saw it too.  Kind of like Addy shares him in on that kind of stuff.  He just knows because he's somehow still connected to the  information stream without having any of the power that goes with it because he's a dynasty founder.   Did that make any sense?

@Trip I've had that thought too.  Thinking on it since I saw your reply, I have something to add.  The TS3 ID was more prone to making Sim slaves than this one.  Though that kind of depended on your play style.  If you didn't have to have the best of everything (which on his third go - Arty did.  (You were the only one to beat my museum value so far!)), then you could have a level 7 painter just do a portrait after a birthday and be done.  One sculpture, one picture and it would all be done.  There was no slaving away for masterpieces of all kinds by people who weren't the founder/immortal family.  In Sims 4, the founder has to get the museum pieces and while you need a little help with fishing and gardening and cooking to really be set.  Those things can be done without slaving away at the stove, in the garden or at a pond.  Really the thing you need the most of is potions of youth.  How do you get those?  By letting people complete their aspirations, in turn by letting them do what they want.  (Unless the watcher is purposefully choosing aspirations they have to slave at).  It's actually better to go with every whim for the points needed than to ignore their wishes.  As the house progresses it gets worse in terms of what they can do yeah but this one is easier .. you know?

As for the choosing to be immortal, this is his fourth actual dynasty (I've cataloged them all for reading purposes).  The first one he was made to do it by The Boss for her reasons, The second time because he had failed and that meant the family he had grown to love was somewhere, and the third time for the combined reasons.  It needed to happen.  This is the first time it was Artie's choice to be a founder and he has a plan up his sleeve that I can't reveal, yet.

Though - I will say one thing.  Artie being the reaper, him being slightly you know out there.  It would be really easy to imagine him on the other side of Satan (pronounced: Sateen) between him and Bowser in that Bad-Anon meeting (wreck-it ralph). Holding hands with these guys and laughing like a hyena as he says the affirmation - "I'm bad and that's good.  I will never be good, and that's not bad.  There's no one I'd rather be, than me." 

Dynasties are his way to be the other side of the coin.  He fell in love with Agnes, he loved both Cassidy and Christin.  Artie had four children before he got it right.  One of which he had to watch die before a dynasty even failed.   That leaves a mark and not just for those of us that remember Alex from four years ago.  He's still evil.  It's just you know once you're in his house.  You're his. Bella and Morty are second-rounds guests and in an odd way so is Cassandra.  These are his people even if they're not the same. 

Wow.. wall of text and I hope it made sense  :o

Time for some twists and turns that even I didn't see coming.  8)
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
@Ricalynn: Don't worry about the text wall. Not everything has to be short and terse.

I did notice that my plans for a TS4 immortal dynasty (still very much in its infancy but I already thought of a cool title, so I guess I'm required to go through with it...) I could write a really dark and gruesome story (loosely) based on my TS3 dynasty, but I looked at the TS4 plans and it looked a lot...nicer. Being nice is so weird to me now. :P But I'm all for letting sims control their actions and destiny, so I can't be too mad at how it can go.

I remember when we were writing the rules out for the TS4 Immortal Dynasty, and the emphasis on your immortals doing the greatest load of work was apparent even then. I'm glad it did more than create a more challenging challenge.

I dunno how I missed the subtext of Artie choosing this one (or I do, because I miss a lot of subtext everywhere) but...interesting. ;)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Wow, that was epic in so many ways. Hilarious, epic, and plain awe-sim. Really loved the speech by the new Grim.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Oh Artie... We do love you so!

The new Grim's speech was of epic proportions, but so true! I think Artie probably remembers spares/helpers that even we have forgotten about

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty || Special Treat
« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2016, 02:09:10 PM »
Dear Readers/Other Watchers/Forum Mods/Etc.

I'm not supposed to be using this computer to make contact but so much has happened and I can't go into all the details in one letter.  Mostly because Addy and Daddy would get really mad.  But have you ever met someone and known instantly that they were the one you were going to marry.  Usually doing something that's not in the kissie movies?  That just happened to me.  I heard a noise upstairs and went to figure out what it is and there he was.  So cute.. so small.  And the number he had done in that diaper.  Whoo man.  That was bad.  But even with his little face all wrinkled up and his big mouth wailing wide.  I knew in that instant that I was going to marry him.  It was fate.  Or Watcher planning but either way.  My best friend in the whole world has just come into my life and I had to share.  While part of me wants to tell you the whole story of how we met beyond that I'm not sure that my telling would be as good as the one you're already getting so I guess you'll have to wait.  I can include a photo though!

Sorry it's small but the phone I have isn't as good as the big peoples. 

Okay bye bye!

Me.

Chapter 15

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty || One small note
« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2016, 03:00:24 PM »
Huh??? Who in Artie's house has that red hair????

Where did that nooboo come from?? Someone has some splainin to do!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
Re: Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty || One small note
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2016, 03:53:09 PM »
Hmm...Addy and Daddy. Methinks Gen 2 has just met their dynasty spouse. That red hair looks like Artie's in a different hair style. Good luck, whoever you are, and I hope your plans come to fruition!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2016, 04:03:01 PM »
I'd almost guess the baby was Reid's if they weren't so...paper-white.

The plot thickens! And I guess Artie did his heir-making job.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2016, 04:22:53 PM »
I'm very confused by the red hair comment. All I see is a bald baby.
No matter, my curiosity is piqued and I eagerly await the next update!  ;D

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2016, 04:25:34 PM »
I'm very confused by the red hair comment. All I see is a bald baby.
No matter, my curiosity is piqued and I eagerly await the next update!  ;D
Someone is looking at the baby in the left hand Corner of the picture. They have red hair that same color as Gia and Tony in my story.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2016, 04:29:18 PM »
Someone is looking at the baby in the left hand Corner of the picture. They have red hair that same color as Gia and Tony in my story.
Ooooh, thank you for explaining that, Shannon! I am dense so I kept staring at the baby's head. doh.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2016, 04:32:41 PM »
Ooooh, thank you for explaining that, Shannon! I am dense so I kept staring at the baby's head. doh.
No problem, the only reason I say it was because of it being in my game lol

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2016, 05:33:20 PM »
Oh! I wonder who the baby's parents are and gen 2's mum  ???
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher

Artie - Cassie.  I can hear you crying in the hallway.  You okay?
Cassie - *just stopped crying in her bed* No.
Artie - Oh sweetie.  It will be okay.  It's not like your Dad won't come around you know?
Cassie - You think so?
Artie - If I know your Dad, he's already on the fast track to getting his haunting pass so he can continue to watch out for you.
Cassie - I just miss him so much.
Artie - Bring it in, chica.

Artie - There you go.  I'll see if I can contact Ares to get your dad to come see you. 
Cassie - *sniff* Thanks, big guy.
Artie - Anytime.  Now let's go eat your mom's pancakes and leave plates all over the house for everyone to obsess over before work.
Cassie - *snorts* I thought you were a neat freak.
Artie - Yes but I'm also evil..and sometimes that includes to myself but I got you to laugh didn't I?
Cassie - A little.  Okay let's go eat pancakes.

Artie - Excuse me.. Pardon me... Morgan.. Morgan.. Morgan.  Move your slow and perky behind off the path because for some reason in Windenberg I can't move through you on my jog.. MOVE... Thank you.

Artie - Cassie!  You're home!  How you feeling?
Cassie - Eh. I'm okay.
Artie - It's your birthday.  What do you say we have a party?
Cassie - Eh.  I'm not sure I'm up to having a party, Artie.

Artie - Please.  Do it for me?  We won't make it a birthday party.  It can just be a house party with a little cake, lots of dancing.  Pretty pretty please.
Cassie - *lets out a long sigh.*  Fine..

*everyone swaps to party clothes*
Artie - See!?  Don't you feel better being all dolled up.
Cassie - Fine.. yes.. a little.
Artie - Let's go inside and par-tay!

We invited him to a house party so he'd be in his party clothes.  DBBD decided he would rather do yoga in this get up. 

And then he came in here and did this.
Cassie - Hey what happened to my birthday cheesecake.
DBBD - Oh.. were we not supposed to eat this yet?  Whoops.
Cassie - There are candles in it!
DBBD - I was hungry.  Sorry
Cassie - Maybe I can still use it.. Here goes nothing.

DBBD - Yay it worked.
Cassie - You're lucky.  If my mom had had to make another one, fairly certain Artie would have come in here and ruined your friendship.
Lucas- Wait.. Artie makes friends?

Look it's Candy who DJs and DJ Candy!  ;D

Artie - Here's a drink for you Cass.  Hello again Lucas.  I see you are finally old enough to fight.
Lucas - Hello red man.
Cassie - Thank you Artie but please no fighting.
Artie - Fine.. take away all the fun.

Cassie - Daddy!  You came to my birthday!
Mortimer - Of course I did, dear.  I had to.  You're all grown up.
Cassie - Thank you, Daddy.
Mortimer - C'mere and give your old man a hug.
Alex - Yeah I'll just keep reading this book and be in the background.
Addy - Not their fault your big ears heard everything.
Alex - Not funny.

Artie - Everyone having fun? Awesim.. So.. how's everyone feel about grilled cheese..
Addy - I think your age is showing.. that was awkward.
Artie - Yes and it's going to take forever to eat 10 grilled cheeses and not get fat.
Addy - Yes.. yes it is.

Artie - Just because the party is over doesn't mean the party has to be over.
Cassie - Did you just hear yourself?
Artie - Yes but that's not the point. How about we go sit by the new tree Addy built and we chat and watch the sunrise.
Cassie - Okay.

Cassie - when did we get all this?
Artie - Last two days or so.. Addy built it for me but the reason I needed it is over now so It's probably going to go.
Cassie - What did you need it for?
Artie - I was looking for something and I think I found it.

Cassie - Artie.. there's something I've been meaning to tell you.
Artie - Uhh.. Okay.
Cassie - Actually.. let's stand up.
Artie - Okay

Artie - *gasp!*
Cassie - Sorry.. I knew if we kept talking I wouldn't have the courage so I went for it.
Artie - Umm.. Cass.  There's something I need to tell you..

Oh boy....

Bella - I hope you're happy.
Artie - Actually.. I am. I wouldn't have done it if I wasn't.
Bella - This is not going to go well..
Artie - It's going to go exactly as it's supposed to.

Ricanote:  Yes I'm very aware this is mean.. but there are just.. so many pictures left to go.

Next Update (or scroll down a few posts)

anything