Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 233703 times)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 74 - Something Blue"
« Reply #630 on: November 29, 2016, 07:39:44 PM »
Thank you guys so much for commenting. I know it probably doesn't feel like much but it really means a lot that people are still reading and enjoying this story. :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 75 - Youth"
« Reply #631 on: November 29, 2016, 08:03:35 PM »
Chapter 75 – Youth

Aww, I still love Travis and Angelia together. High school sweethearts and still as in love as ever.

Look at them autonomously exercising together! How cute is that?

And after sparring, they go to the bistro for some Chinese food and reminiscence.

OK, I’ll stop with the Travis and Angelia spam now. We have some important news:

A very stinky Peony is pregnant! Hopefully Tristan stops hating children long enough to feed his kid occasionally.

“We’re having a baby!”
“WHAT? I thought I said no kids!”
“Err… It must be the new mods? Yes, that’s it.”

“Oh NO. What have we done?!”

Well Tristan’s not going to be very supportive. Perhaps Peony can connect with other expectant mothers?

“How DARE you steal my maternity dress?!”
“B-but I was pregnant first!”
“That dress was designed for ME! ME, you genie-loving FOOL!”

Oh dear. Luckily, there’s another pregnant woman in town…

“Your child is growing strong, sister.”
“I know right? Hopefully she’s easier to raise than we were!”

Peony soon goes into labour…

And despite the five million apples she ate, she has a girl. I spaced out on thinking of a girl name so she’s called Volcania Jones after Peony’s workplace. Sorry kid.

“But I wished for a son! What is this nonsense?”

“Tristan! Would you care for some absolutely non-procreational Woohoo?”
“As long as those mods are fixed, sure!”

Strangely, Tristan spends the next day autonomously reading a pregnancy book.

“Was there a Risky Woohoo module, perhaps? How could we be so careless?”

“Sigh… I guess Daddy’s Little Accident is here to stay.”

Tristan spends that night campaigning at a local party. Or at least that’s what he’s meant to be doing.

“Wheee! I got you! That means you have to vote for me!”
“Hahaha! Not fair!”

“Yay, happy birthday!”

Wait a second, Volcania’s not due to grow up for another day. Whose birthday is it?

“Mine!”

TRAVIS! Did you autonomously drink a Young Again potion? HOW? Remind me to never to play an actual challenge; you guys are WAY too sneaky.

“It was an accident, I swear!”

I don’t believe you. And there’s no way I’m wasting time recreating your original wardrobe. Commence the makeover of SHAME.

“But this is ridiculous!”

GOOD. Do you have any idea what you could have done? If this was a challenge you’d have ruined us all! If this wasn’t the last generation you could have taken up a spot for a great-grandchild! This is the least of what you deserve.

At least Angelia doesn’t seem to mind.

And hey, he’ll make an excellent clown for Volcania’s birthday!

“I hate everything.”

Tristan, there’s a cake downstairs.

“This is fine. She won’t remember it anyway.”

Well, Volcania’s a toddler everyone. She has Angelia’s blonde hair (yay!) and Peony's entire face (less yay). Her traits are Athletic and Artistic.

Aww, Tristan’s popped a wish to potty-train Volcania. Maybe he’s not such a child-hater after all.

“Big girls use the potty, Volcania. Daddy doesn’t want to change a nappy ever again.”

Yeah, good luck with that mate.

“My son! He’s arrived!”

“Ah, my little Apollo. How perfect you are.”

Oh wow, baby Apollo is an Evil Couch Potato. No wonder Peony’s so thrilled.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #632 on: November 30, 2016, 09:39:16 AM »
Ha. I know that sneaking Young Again potions into drinks is a tried and true (if less than reliable) way to secure DecaDynasty spouses if your town has just filled with elders. Otherwise I wouldn't believe you. :D

OMG what a way to usher in the beginning of the end though.

Here's to hoping for an even genetic blend from Apollo. And no more of Story Progression's funny "gender balancing" (I once got a town of just boys until I decided to put an end to it. Pffft, balance.)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #633 on: December 02, 2016, 02:11:18 PM »
Travis, How could you?!  But the Makeover of Shame is wonderful :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #634 on: December 05, 2016, 10:15:12 PM »
Ha. I know that sneaking Young Again potions into drinks is a tried and true (if less than reliable) way to secure DecaDynasty spouses if your town has just filled with elders. Otherwise I wouldn't believe you. :D

OMG what a way to usher in the beginning of the end though.

Here's to hoping for an even genetic blend from Apollo. And no more of Story Progression's funny "gender balancing" (I once got a town of just boys until I decided to put an end to it. Pffft, balance.)

See, I didn't even know they could spike drinks autonomously! It took me completely by surprise.

I already know what Apollo looks like but I'll keep you in suspense for now ;)

Travis, How could you?!  But the Makeover of Shame is wonderful :)

Haha, glad you liked it! I felt a bit guilty in retrospect but I was rather miffed with him at the time. :P

Just popping in to give a quick update - I've played ahead and I finished the Jones town jump! I can't believe it! I just have to play the epilogue and then write up the final chapters and summaries. I'm not quite sure how to end it (how does one wrap up a four year long project?) but I'm incredibly excited to move this to the Completed Stories board when it's time.  :D

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #635 on: December 06, 2016, 01:42:06 PM »
Congratulations!  ;D

My longest for a completed story was the 4x4, at just over a year.  Given how satisfying that was, I can only imagine what the end of a four-year game feels like.  (Although I may find out if/when I finish the Household Skills  :P)

It's been a fun journey :D.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #636 on: December 07, 2016, 01:47:32 AM »
Thanks hazelnut! ^_^ It's already a weight off my shoulders. Looking forward to playing other Sims without guilt, haha!

Best of luck with Household Skills, I know you'll get there eventually :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #637 on: December 07, 2016, 04:53:21 PM »
Thanks :).  I'd do better if I didn't keep getting distracted by shorter projects :P.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #638 on: December 11, 2016, 11:47:19 AM »
Wow, congrats on the finish! Now get to writing ;-) lol But, seriously, congratulations. I can't imagine the feelings you must have right now!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #639 on: December 11, 2016, 12:14:22 PM »
Volcania is such a great name! I love her hair color. I didn't know sims could drink the Young Again potion on their own, man! I need to put it in the household inventory from now on in case mine get any bright ideas.

Congrats on finishing!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #640 on: December 11, 2016, 09:34:51 PM »
Thanks :).  I'd do better if I didn't keep getting distracted by shorter projects :P.

Haha, I know what that's like! I'm already planning out a future story. ;)

Wow, congrats on the finish! Now get to writing ;-) lol But, seriously, congratulations. I can't imagine the feelings you must have right now!

I'm trying, I promise! It's hard to cram everything in. Might have to drop a final triple-update on you guys ;)

Volcania is such a great name! I love her hair color. I didn't know sims could drink the Young Again potion on their own, man! I need to put it in the household inventory from now on in case mine get any bright ideas.

Congrats on finishing!

Thanks Beezy! I love Volcania's hair too. Was really hoping one of the kids would get Angelia's hair. I'm not sure if Sims can use potions unless they have the Unlucky trait but it's definitely worth being cautious.

New chapter will hopefully be up sometime today! The rest of this generation is somewhat rushed (there were TONS of birthdays this time around) so I might even post up to Volcania's YA birthday today. :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 75 - DONE!" (triple update)
« Reply #641 on: December 12, 2016, 01:26:56 AM »
Chapter 76: Done!

Oh look, Stella’s out for the first time since the move.

“Stella returns! Where is her handsome genie man?”

“Joaquin? Where are you?”

Stella, he left. He has a baby now.

“He… left…?”

Yes, Stella. Joaquin moved on. I’m sorry.

“Stella eagerly awaits his return!”

And she stays on his bed all night. Sigh.

Meanwhile, Tristan pops a wish to teach Volcania how to talk.

“Sigh… I guess it’s for the best that you’re not an only child. Siblings are important, theoretically.”

“Ugh, I guess you have to learn to walk too. The sooner you can get your own snacks, the better.”

“You know… as much as I hate being around you, you’re actually a pretty good kid.”

And that’s how child-hating Tristan taught Volcania all her skills and wound up being her best friend. Turns out he’s not a bad dad after all.

Peony, meanwhile, definitely favours her son. She plays with Apollo autonomously but wants to steal her other kid’s candy.

Whereas Auntie Marigold is an equal opportunity theif.

“Marigold! How could you?”
“Hey, it’s just a lolly! Stop making it such a big deal!”

Tristan decides to throw a fundraiser to double as Apollo’s birthday. While Marigold entertains the guests, Peony takes the baby to the cake.

Peony! How many times do I need to tell you people, there is a cake downstairs!

Apollo grows up to be a somewhat fairer clone of his dad. Don’t let that cute little face fool you; he’s Evil from head to toe.

Pure. Evil.

This time Peony insists on teaching toddler skills.

“Arise, my son! This is but your first step in our glorious empire together!”

Argh Tristan! You have wasted so many cakes! At least they actually left the nursery this time.

Little Volcania becomes a Light Sleeper, which is one of Tristan’s traits. Looks like she’s hoping for common ground with her favourite parent.

Speaking of Tristan, it looks like that cake’s not a total waste.

“Tristan, I’m pregnant again!”
“…I think I’m having a midlife crisis.”

Welcome, Valkyrie “Kyrie” Jones! This family just keeps getting bigger. It’s not long before we have yet another birthday party in the house.

Why hello, what’s this? TWO blueboos? The blonde one is Joaquin’s son Ari, but the other boy is apparently Tomas Hale. He must be descended from one of the local ghosts.

And it looks like he’s crazy rich! Volcania should definitely keep an eye on this one.

And at long last, one of the children finally makes it to the cake.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #642 on: December 12, 2016, 01:27:40 AM »

Like his mother before him, Apollo gains the Perceptive trait. He’s definitely Mummy’s little evil genius.

“Congrats on the birthday, kiddo. Wanna play tag?”

Awww, he did this autonomously. Such a good child-hating dad.

“I agree. More babies!”

Hey, why not? Your parents want five grandkids so I guess this move makes sense.

Kyrie ages up during the fuss (again, alone in her room). She’s Disciplined and Hates the Outdoors. Good thing the family’s been into Martial Arts so much recently.

Apollo quickly takes to the mad scientist route his mother has laid out for him.

Angelia meanwhile spends a lot of her time in quiet contemplation. She’s approaching a hundred days old and we’re all starting to worry about her.

But there’s no time for that, it’s Volcania’s birthday!

Volcania grows up well and becomes Unflirty. I’m pretty sure she’s the ideal daughter right now – sporty, artistic, knows how to cook, and doesn’t get in trouble with boys. And yet where is her mother during all of this?

Upstairs scheming with Marigold. Can’t you make an appearance for your eldest’s birthday?

“Tristan! Stop the party!”

Oh dear. Knowing Peony, she timed this deliberately.

And a thoroughly uninterested Peony gives birth to her fourth child, a boy named Dante.

“I don’t like this one. There’s something a bit off about him.”

As usual, Tristan is forced to take care of childcare. But that shouldn’t be too hard because for some reason, he sometimes doesn’t get the “Around Kids” moodlet! How strange is that? He’s by far the best child-hating parent I’ve ever played.

“Thanks for helping me, Dad. I wish Mum paid more attention to me.”
“Oh, darling. You know your mother loves you very much.”

“Who hung this painting here? It’s terrible!”

That’s your daughter’s painting, Peony. Poor Volcania. I think it’s time for her to make some friends.

And Tomas here has grown up very nicely. Let’s hope they get along.

“I love sports too! And I can’t believe our parents work together!”
“I’m literally named for their workplace, Tom.”

We have attraction! This should be great! We’ll have them stay friends for now. Volcania’s Unflirty, so she’d probably be really uncomfortable if he moves too fast.

“Kiss me, Volcania!”
“Tee hee, OK!”

Whoa! Look who has the Inappropriate trait! I guess they’re a couple now. That simplifies things.

“Unflirty”. Sure.

Look who else is becoming a teenager! He really is a clone of his dad. Apollo becomes a Workaholic, well-equipped to handle the rigors of managing his mother’s empire.

“Yes, very good. Your logic skills will far outrank my own. Now mix Mummy a Young Again potion.”
“Apparently those are banned now.”
“Drat!”

Apollo has one of the shortest attention spans I’ve ever seen a Sim have, by the way. He can’t have a single conversation without complaining about being bored.

“Who is this handsome young thing in my genie man’s bed?”

Stay away from the underage boy, Stella.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 76 - DONE!"
« Reply #643 on: December 12, 2016, 01:28:24 AM »

And Dante grows up to be another clone of Tristan, this time with Angelia’s colouring. And that’s not the only thing he inherited from his grandma – in addition to hating the outdoors, little Dante has the Good trait! That should shake things up a little

Yeah Volcania, you’re super Unflirty. I totally believe you.

Completely Unflirty. Basically asexual.

“Volcania, I thought you weren’t that kind of girl.”
“I’m not, Dad! Mrrph!”

Kyrie also grows up and gains a new trait: Mooch. Nothing particularly exciting, but I do appreciate that she’s the only kid so far with a mix of her parents’ features. It’s hard to see, but I think she has Tristan’s eyes and maaaaaaybe his jawline.

Tristan, meanwhile, becomes Leader of the Free World and immediately wishes to learn the writing skill. Time to write a memoir I guess.

“I hate technology!”

Hey, YOU wanted to write a Science Fiction book. This is all on you.

*sob* “Why do I keep doing this to myself? What kind of masochist am I?”

Dante becomes a child and gains the Dog Person trait. Aww, that’s how you know he’s really Good :) . And don’t let his colouring fool you; he’s a Tristan clone just like Apollo.

He’s also pretty clever; his first day at school and he's already befriended the kid with three dogs.

Meanwhile, sweet sporty Angelia is 104 days old. I'm very impressed and also constantly worried.

I don’t want her dying alone, so I make sure Travis never leaves her side. I don’t even let him work off his Stir Crazy moodlet alone. As a result, they have a lot of lovely dates out on the town whenever one of them gets an opportunity.

It’s about this time I start looking for a nice girlfriend for Apollo. The obvious choice is of course the beautiful Melanie Hale. Impeccably dressed and accessorised. An artistic genius with a sensitive disposition. In fact, she’s a little too sensitive; her Coward trait makes her a poor fit for an aspiring criminal mastermind. There is, however, another excellent option:

Nikki Alto. Yeah, like Nick Alto from Sunset Valley. Hilariously, her older brother is also named Nikolas. She’s Evil, Mean-Spirited, and has a compatible star sign with Apollo. Unlike with Melanie, he’s instantly attracted to her.

“That callous laugh. That fitted labcoat. I must have you! Would you leave that fool Francis for me?”

“Mmmrph, Francis who?”

Kyrie becomes a teen! About time! Kids can’t do karate in The Sims so her Disciplined trait was completely useless until now. She starts to Dislike Children, like her father. Given the chaos of her household (and having to share a room with Dante) I don’t really blame her. Bit of a shame – I think she’d have lovely-looking kids.

And soon, Tristan and his heir are also due for a birthday together.

And just like that, the Jones town jump is complete.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 76 - DONE!" (triple update)
« Reply #644 on: December 12, 2016, 02:10:54 AM »
Summary

Town 1: Bridgeport
Founders: Diana and Johnny Jones
Children: Sarah and Alicia

Town 2: Starlight Shores
Heir: Sarah
Spouse: Sebastian Striker
Children: Riley, Noah, and Savannah (spouse: Shark Racket)

Town 3: Twinbrook
Heir: Riley
Spouse: Tammi Best
Children: Benjamin “Ben” and Caitlin (spouse: Arlo Bunch)

Town 4: Sunset Valley
Heir: Ben
Spouse: Alisa “Lisa” Jones-Brown
Children: Courage (spouse: Kelley Ursine), Liberty, and Hope (partner: Rudolpho Fresco)

Town 5: Lunar Lakes
Heir: Liberty
Spouse: Barry Keaton
Children: Amanda “Mandy” and Stella (partners: Jan Bean and Joaquin Donahue)

Town 6: Lucky Palms
Heir: Mandy
Spouse: Omar James
Children: Valentine (spouse: Curtis Shaw) and Nectar

Town 7: Riverview
Heir: Nectar
Spouse: Gerard Lancaster
Children: Travis and Preston (spouse: Cynthia Lin)

Town 8: Appaloosa Plains
Heir: Travis
Spouse: Angelia Newbie
Children: Peony and Marigold (spouse: Ben Parrot)

Town 9: Sunlit Shores
Heir: Peony
Spouse: Tristan Miller
Children: Volcania, Apollo (partner: Nikki Alto), Valkyrie “Kyrie”, and Dante

Final Heir: Volcania
Partner: Tomas Hale

Short epilogue still to come :)