Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 234041 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 55 - Mostly Dialogue"
« Reply #390 on: February 06, 2013, 10:45:03 AM »
I'm a bit surprised Stella wasn't one of the sims jumping in on making everyone else uncomfortable. The floating green legs in that last picture gives me flashes of Damien Hirst... Maybe Marlin will take up art soon.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #391 on: February 06, 2013, 03:56:30 PM »
I just read your story in one day and I am in love with the sims you are getting :) I think Ben was one of my favourites and it was so sad to see him go :( I have bookmarked the thread and I can't wait to keep reading.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #392 on: February 06, 2013, 05:26:38 PM »
Is that Barry in the last picture with the book and the hat? He looks so sad as if he was thinking, *sigh* "Not this again!"

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #393 on: February 06, 2013, 05:50:57 PM »
I have come to the conclusion that bachelor/ette parties seem to invite skinny-dippers. That the pool is in the windows only makes it that much more hilarious!

The interaction between Barry and Kelley was rather amusing. I have to ask though...is Courage still alive? He seems rather conspicuously absent from the party.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #394 on: February 07, 2013, 01:06:51 AM »
Congratulations Mandy! Marlin's expression is so funny and creepy.

Thanks, Ella! "Funny and creepy" seems to run in the family.  :P

I'm a bit surprised Stella wasn't one of the sims jumping in on making everyone else uncomfortable. The floating green legs in that last picture gives me flashes of Damien Hirst... Maybe Marlin will take up art soon.

I was too busy trying to make Stella buy food for her to sneak off and do anything naughty  :P. Wow, you're completely right about Damien Hirst! Now I wish I had thought of him myself.

I just read your story in one day and I am in love with the sims you are getting :) I think Ben was one of my favourites and it was so sad to see him go :( I have bookmarked the thread and I can't wait to keep reading.

Thanks so much Sunshine, and welcome to the thread!  ;D  Ben was one of my favourites too, and I can only hope that the next generation will be as fun. Again, thank you for commenting. I'm always thrilled to get new readers!

Is that Barry in the last picture with the book and the hat? He looks so sad as if he was thinking, *sigh* "Not this again!"

Yep, that's Barry in the outfit the game picked for the party. I think the cowboy look suits him.  :)

I have come to the conclusion that bachelor/ette parties seem to invite skinny-dippers. That the pool is in the windows only makes it that much more hilarious!

The interaction between Barry and Kelley was rather amusing. I have to ask though...is Courage still alive? He seems rather conspicuously absent from the party.

Thanks, Raia. I like to think bachelor/ette parties just encourage craziness in general - in addition to skinny dipping, I seem to get lots of drinking and table-dancing Sims.

Yes, Courage is alive. I can't find many screenshots of him at the party, but he was actually one of the pairs of legs in the last picture.  :o

Louise56

« Reply #395 on: February 07, 2013, 04:44:02 AM »
Your parties are always  so much fun! The last picture is hilarious lol. ;D

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #396 on: February 07, 2013, 08:08:21 AM »
That does look like a zombie aquarium.  :o  Great party and update as always!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #397 on: February 07, 2013, 09:16:33 PM »
Your parties are always  so much fun! The last picture is hilarious lol. ;D

Thanks, Louise. :) I couldn't believe it when they all started skinny-dipping, so of course that had to go in the story!

That does look like a zombie aquarium.  :o  Great party and update as always!

Thanks Roxanne! It's probably the greenish lighting I added to the pool, but yeah, the overall effect is rather creepy isn't it.  :o

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #398 on: February 07, 2013, 09:46:44 PM »
My sims keep their clothes on when they swim en masse. :(

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #399 on: February 07, 2013, 10:04:54 PM »
You sound so disappointed.  :P

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 56 - Crystal Clear"
« Reply #400 on: February 13, 2013, 04:39:22 AM »
Chapter 56 – Crystal Clear

Everyone knows that brides should not be seen by their grooms before a wedding, but what about being seen by creepy pervy guys at the library? Some might consider this inauspicious, but with my Sims this is really just par for the course.

After an uneasy night of sleep at home, dawn arrives and it's officially the day of Mandy and Omar's wedding. Barry drives the family to the venue.

…In Ben’s old fire engine. That’s actually rather awesome. I know what vehicle I want to hire if I get married!

I've decided to do something a bit different for this wedding. It’s held at the Crystal Mines, and there’s no arch because there isn’t an arch in my game that fits this environment. I’m sure everything will be OK anyway, right? Right?

“This is it, Mandy. Are you ready?”
“Of course.”

Well, here goes…

Everyone: “HELP STUCK ROUTING ERROR!”

So the chairs were a mistake. Oh well. Omar and Mandy exchange rings surrounded by their screaming, flailing loved ones.

Congratulations, Amanda and Omar Jones! And hooray for (most of) the wedding glitches being fixed in the previous patch!   

During the ceremony, Stella just stares. If that's not the face of an evil mastermind, I don't know what is.

Oh, and she also gets rejected for her first kiss with Kristofer.

“Argh! I don’t care how skimpy your outfit is, just keep those fangs away from my throat!”

For their honeymoon, Mandy and Omar stay at the lovely Kelvin Pavilion, which is now a nice resort instead of an empty building with chairs on it. Why couldn’t I throw the wedding there, you ask? Because I’m not particularly bright, that’s why.

Oh, and do you see what the interior was like before I gutted it? Do you see it? It’s an absolute routing nightmare! Seriously, imagine throwing a large-scale party on the roof of this building. “Why yes, you may come to the wedding, but you first must conquer the ETERNAL MAZE OF FOOT-STOMPING! The weak do not DESERVE to throw confetti at our feet! MUAHAHAHA!”

Anyway, by morning the family’s possessions have been packed into their various inventories and there’s nothing left to do but to say goodbyes. Say, I wasn’t expecting to feel this way about Lunar Lakes, but hasn’t it been such a fun generation? There’s so many Sims left in town who the Joneses have affected.

“It’s been a great thirty years, Agent Jones. Make sure Amanda takes good care of my boy, okay?”
“Will do, Phil. Do you think you’ll have much trouble handling the police department without me?”
“Nah, we’re getting a bunch of new recruits in from Twinbrook straight away. It’s been really quiet there lately.”
“...Oh.”

*sniff* “Oh Mandy, I’m going to miss you so much! I promise I’ll email you pictures of my outfits every day!”
“That’s, uh… Thanks Shanita, I’ll–”
“Ooh! And could you send me loads of cakes from your new city? I’d get them here, but Daddy took over all bakeries in town and banned them from selling to me.”
What?
“Yeah, long story. I still can’t believe you didn’t have a wedding cake.”

“Farewell, cousin. I feel as if this friendship were a missed opportunity.”
“Eh, maybe on my side. I mean we all know I’m Evil, but YOU are evil with a lower-case E. That’s just talent.”
“You believe so?”
“Well, Shanita does.”
“Then my work here is done.”

“Kelley, I’m really going to miss y-”
“I’ll miss you too, yada yada. Say, could you gift me some of those Young Again potions you’re so obviously never going to use? I want to live to see my daughter’s wedding.”
“Er, I suppose I could–”
“Great! Wow, I really AM going to miss you!”

“Later, bro. I expect this house to be party central after me and the girls are gone.”
“But Hope, this is your house. I think somebody used the wrong screenshot for this caption.”
“Haha! That’s totally believable, but it's not why we're here. Me and Libby have decided to hand you and your family the deed to this place. As of our departure, the house is yours.”
“Mine? But… but I’ve never obtained anything legally in my life! No one will believe me! Do you have any idea what kind of paperwork and legal consultation I’ll have to go through?”
“It’ll make your wife happy.”
“I’ll take it!”

That's family all taken care of, but there's still one more Sim to see. Stella goes over at night.

“Hello, Kristofer. It is time for you to run away with me now.”
“What?”
“I am flying out with my family tomorrow. I trust that you have packed?”
“About that, Stella. Sorry to be blunt, but there is absolutely no way I’m leaving this town.”
You’re defying me? What is the reason for this?!”

“That would be me.”
“SHANITA? What are you doing here?!”
“Isn’t it obvious? I’m spending the night with my boyfriend.”
“But… but he’s MY boyfriend!”
“Correction: He’s your love interest. That’s going to have to change, though. Krissy, will you break up with her now, please?”
“Whatever you say, darling.”

“No no no, you cannot do this! I will bore you! I will bore you to death!”
“Nice try, but guess who got the Brave trait for her birthday? Your threats don’t even come close to scaring me now. ”
“I will turn your brother against you! He’s Evil enough to do it!”
“Oh please, Marlin? He’s Eco-Friendly now. He’s too concerned about the habitat of the Laganaphyllis simnovorii to worry about ridiculous family squabbles.”

“Kristofer! Do you see what a Diva she is? She doesn’t understand what it’s like to be Grumpy like we do. She will only make you miserable!”

“SHE’LL make me miserable? Really? You think wallowing in our mutual pessimism will make for a happy relationship? Shanita may not seem like much to you, but she brings me the most joy I’ve ever felt in my life. Consider this sham of a relationship over!”

Well. I can’t say I’m surprised by this turn of events (mostly because I deliberately set it up), but what I did not expect was for Stella to look so torn up about it. Are those crocodile tears, or is she genuinely sad to see the illusion she had built for herself shattered? Hopefully her loving family can help her through this hard time.

“There there, Sis. It’s OK to cry. Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?”
*sniff* “There is one thing that might help.”
“Yes?”
“Will you get Omar to read me a bedtime story?”
“NO.”

On that note, I think it’s time to head off to the new world.

Goodbye, Lunar Lakes. For a last-minute addition to the roster, you couldn’t have been a more enjoyable world to play in. Unless, of course, the next addition turns out to be even better…

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #401 on: February 13, 2013, 05:00:42 AM »
Poor Stella but honestly, I love Shanita. I think I'll be sad to her go. Kelvin Pavilion is just a stupid lot. Like who would want to go out, go through a maze just for a few seats? At least real mazes have rewards ]nd don't make you stamp your feet like useless Sims.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #402 on: February 13, 2013, 07:49:03 AM »
I can't wait to see the new world. I'll miss the rest of the family though, :(

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #403 on: February 13, 2013, 10:43:07 AM »
What a fun and crazy ending to Lunar Lakes. Congrats to Shanita and Kris...I guess. :P Maybe Stella will find an equally devious partner in the next town...?

Looking forward to seeing where the Joneses go next!

Louise56

« Reply #404 on: February 13, 2013, 11:31:00 AM »
Poor Stella lol. Lets hope she find love in the new town. Very funny update. ;D

anything