Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 233566 times)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 49 - Death at a Birthday Party"
« Reply #330 on: December 16, 2012, 10:30:31 AM »
Oh no! That was one death that I was not expecting! Poor Hope...that just doesn't seem fair. :(

I'm glad that Ben is still alive and kicking, even if he continually impales himself with that cane.

Stella grew into a cutie. That whole "no sense of humor" thing might be interesting to play.

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #331 on: December 16, 2012, 01:03:56 PM »
How long was he in the elder stage for? It seemed like 5 sim days or something

RIP Rudolpho   :'(
And so soon in his relationship with Hope. I hope Hope will be fine without him.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #332 on: December 19, 2012, 05:19:37 AM »
Thanks for the comments, everyone. Sorry it took me so long to reply to them!

The trickery with the title was deliberate  ;). Ben shall live to spin another day. That's not to say Rudolpho's death wasn't shocking to me, because it was. That party was the first time I say him as an elder, so he couldn't have been more than a few days into that age bracket.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, Merry Christmas!
« Reply #333 on: December 26, 2012, 02:30:36 AM »

~ Merry Christmas, 2012 ~   
Love, Ausette and the Joneses

(Better late than never, right?  :D)

Louise56

« Reply #334 on: December 26, 2012, 10:44:16 AM »
Merry Christmas! :D

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #335 on: December 26, 2012, 03:17:17 PM »
Merry Christmas to you to! LISA CAME BACK FROM THE DEAD! And Ben is the Christmas bunny?   :D

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #336 on: December 27, 2012, 01:25:04 PM »
Merry Christmas to you, too!  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 50 - I'm on Chapter Fifty! OMG!"
« Reply #337 on: December 30, 2012, 12:32:23 AM »
Chapter 50 – I’m on Chapter Fifty! OMG!

Hope moves Rudolpho’s urn to her room and mourns him every night. Before long, she starts to feel a presence in the form of whooshing noises and levitating light fixtures. She decides to stay up one night to watch the lamps float, and…

…She meets the glowing spectre of her boyfriend. His visits are scattered and unpredictable, but luckily Hope already knows how to live with that.

“Yaaawn… That’s strange. I think I can see my sister watching TV with her recently deceased boyfriend.”
“That IS strange! You should go back to bed now, Libby.”
“Yes. Sleep. Good idea.”

“Yaaawn… How odd. I believe I can see my daughter embracing her newly transparent partner.”
“DAD! Go to BED!”
“As you wish, my dear. Sweet dreams.”

“Ewww, old people kissing! I’m going to stand here and yell at nothing so you know how grossed-out I am.”

And that’s exactly what she does.

Stella needs a hobby and she has a wish to fish, so I let her cast off in the neighbour’s pool. For some reason, it’s always full of goldfish and minnows for her to catch. They obviously need to clean it out more often.

Soon Mandy will be a teen, which means she’ll have to part with her beloved easy-bake oven. She makes sure to stock up on brownies, cakes and pies.

“HA! She thinks she’s making REAL food!”

Oh, be quiet, random townie. No one can take you seriously with that arm coming out of your chest.

Mandy grows up with her friends, family, and one GIGANTIC planet looking on.

Apart from her lips, she gets her looks from her mother’s side. She’s also a Natural Cook now. Perhaps she was one all along.

Is that a giggle, Miss Jones? I can’t say I blame you. Omar’s now a teen and he turned out cute!

…and he wants to eat your brain. The eeeyes!

Omar has to leave pretty early in the night (no doubt to maul somebody), so Mandy just eats her cake and goes to bed.

Quick Ben update: Our favourite crazy grandpa has grown more adventurous in his old age. First he autonomously puts a pillow through Barry’s mandible…

…Then, more worryingly, he plays with Liberty’s chemistry set. Perhaps he’s trying to make a Young Again potion…? (He actually makes a Stink Juice. Very mature, Ben.)

Back to Mandy. When she’s not flexing and admiring her little twig arms, she likes to visit the library to read culinary textbooks.

And just look who she runs into! Mandy can’t stop herself from doing a happy dance on the spot. She immediately tries to start a conversation with Omar.

“So… Why’d you drag me over to these bookshelves?”
“I wanted to chat, but you were way too close to that computer. Don’t you know how unhealthy those things are?”
“But I like computers! I’m a Genius Computer Whiz!”

“…Ooooh. I was joking?”
“Wow, that’s a relief! I really like you Mandy, I’d hate for something like that to come between us.”
“Yeah, um, me too.”
“…”
“…”
“So... Books?”

Well, that could be a problem. We’ll have to see how things go at the dance.

Uh-oh. Barry’s finally having issues with the conductor.

“*snicker* You having fun there, Dad?”
“HELP MEEEEEE!”
“That’s what you get for putting your faith in technology. Why don’t you just go for a run instead?”
AAAAAAAARGH!

So, with spinning ruined for him, Barry has nothing to do but become a teacher and pass on his Logic skills to the next generation.

“Basically, I’m teaching the neighbourhood’s youths to think critically and develop creative minds. Hopefully, our our guidance will help them reach their full potential, and give them the opportunity to make a difference in the world.”
“Oh, Barry! That’s the hottest thing you’ve said to me all week!”

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #338 on: December 30, 2012, 12:43:07 AM »
“Basically, I’m teaching the neighbourhood’s youths to think critically and develop creative minds. Hopefully, our our guidance will help them reach their full potential, and give them the opportunity to make a difference in the world.”
“Oh, Barry! That’s the hottest thing you’ve said to me all week!”

I'll let you know that I almost woke up the whole house after reading that.

I, for one, approve of ghostly romances and generally ghostly activities. Oh, and that Omar is definitely a catch. I approve of him too.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #339 on: December 30, 2012, 01:04:21 AM »

I, for one, approve of ghostly romances and generally ghostly activities. Oh, and that Omar is definitely a catch. I approve of him too.

hahahah! ditto!!

love this story, I keep trying to do a Random town jump project but it keeps failing in comparison to judewright and yours!

keep up the great work, love the characters!

Louise56

« Reply #340 on: December 30, 2012, 09:29:04 AM »
Congrats on chapter 50! Very funny update lol. ;D

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #341 on: December 30, 2012, 11:04:24 AM »
Okay...breathing now after laughing like a maniac... ;D

I'm glad that Hope gets to keep her love, even if he is a bit less...tangible than before.

Ben is still hilarious. I'm just happy that he fulfilled that marathon runner challenge so he can stick around for a while longer.

Uh-oh...Omar might have some trouble with Miss Technophobe. I hope they can work it out despite their differences. That part between Barry and Mandy was just great though, as was the part between Barry and Libby. Okay, Ben may be my favorite heir so far, but Libby and Barry have to be my favorite couple.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 50 - I'm on Chapter Fifty! OMG!"
« Reply #342 on: December 30, 2012, 11:31:35 AM »
Very entertaining chapter! You're doing an excellent job!

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #343 on: December 30, 2012, 08:52:33 PM »
Mandy aged up so well! She is so pretty. Ben is still so funny  :P

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #344 on: January 01, 2013, 02:32:08 AM »
This set of replies is pretty much all thank-yous, lol. I know I'm not that great at punctual replies, but I always read your comments and I'm so grateful for the wonderful Simmers who make them. Thank you for your lovely words.  ;D

Thanks Trip! I can't believe I got a literal lol from you, awesome!  :D I'm personally not really into keeping ghosts out, but with Hope and Rudolpho it seemed like the right thing to do.

hahahah! ditto!!

love this story, I keep trying to do a Random town jump project but it keeps failing in comparison to judewright and yours!

keep up the great work, love the characters!

Thanks so much, cndneh! I'm simultaneously feeling flattered and very guilty for that middle statement  :o. I'm sure you'd write an awesome town jump, I guarantee you'd have at least one reader. ;)

Okay...breathing now after laughing like a maniac... ;D

I'm glad that Hope gets to keep her love, even if he is a bit less...tangible than before.

Ben is still hilarious. I'm just happy that he fulfilled that marathon runner challenge so he can stick around for a while longer.

Uh-oh...Omar might have some trouble with Miss Technophobe. I hope they can work it out despite their differences. That part between Barry and Mandy was just great though, as was the part between Barry and Libby. Okay, Ben may be my favorite heir so far, but Libby and Barry have to be my favorite couple.

Thanks Raia  :). I'm really enjoying playing this generation. I've had less time and more writer's block than in previous worlds, but there's so many fun Sims around to make up for it.

Very entertaining chapter! You're doing an excellent job!

Thank you, Jude. Your faith in me always means a lot.  ;D

Mandy aged up so well! She is so pretty. Ben is still so funny  :P

Thanks Ella! I'm glad you like my Sims.  :)

anything