Author Topic: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment [Complete]  (Read 328233 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Wild Heart
« Reply #960 on: July 02, 2016, 10:40:33 AM »
Awwww! Eveline and Jupiter are adorable! Those adorable boys! Just no words at all for the adorableness. Well then, why don't you just rip my heart out and feed it to the lions? Anne was right there. She was just right there. So much to say on this chapter. Loved all the emotions as always!  :)
Thank you! The boys are something else, let me tell you. I'm soooo excited!
You know I love my lions. They only ever get the best, most heartbroken hearts.  ;)

Oh. EM. GEE!!! Just when I think that this story couldn't get any better... You come up with THIS!!! Eviter-boos on the horizon *smustles* Majnun just breaks my heart. And now I really need to know why Aleccas thinks his dad killed his mom... Man, Jupiter just gets hotter and hotter, when he bite Evie I got a little curl in the pit of my stomach. I want a Jupiter!!!
Hehehe! Oh thank you! Well, you can never say my pregnancy announcements are boring!  ::)
You know, I kind of wanted to wait a bit on bringing in the next generation, but then Jupiter and Eveline could literally not keep their hands off each other. They autonomously woohooed eleven times. Eleven. So, that was the sign from the universe that they were ready whether I liked it or not. We should be heading back into the past here soon. I miss Majnun and Anne.
As for Jupiter being hot? Have mercy you should see their children. (fans self). The world is not prepared for Eveline and Jupiter's children!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #961 on: July 02, 2016, 11:22:59 AM »
Artis is super smooth!  Best proposal helper of all time!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #962 on: July 02, 2016, 03:25:46 PM »
Artis is super smooth!  Best proposal helper of all time!
Isn't he though? What would a proposal to Eveline BE without our little dragon? =)

Anyways here's a bonus two pictures of two certain little troublemakers - one the filter didn't work on, hope you guys don't mind!

At least you can see their eyes a little better!

You guys have no idea how long I've been planning for these little goobers.
No idea.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: One, Two, Three
« Reply #963 on: July 02, 2016, 10:10:16 PM »
Here's a fun co-op chapter done by @mpart and I! I hope you guys enjoy some Lala and the Labelles. ;) All of Gwen, Eric, Matt, and Calloway's dialogue is done by the fabulous mpart, and she's also responsible for like, 99% of the pictures. ::)
To find her version of events, go HERE!
Poor Eric is about to get hit by a beautiful, cheerful freight train.  ::)  ;D

One, Two, Three
Bridgeport: Present Day
Lakisha Reaper stood outside the door to a fancier hotel in the place she once called home. Bridgeport was the home she grew up in, but it all felt unfamiliar and cold now. Her home wasn’t in a town or a neighborhood. Her home had been with her family, yet everything seemed to be falling apart and sometimes it made it hard to breathe.

One, she was back with her dad now. Two, she was going to babysit some cute children. Three, she could always stop in later to see Jonathon, Joey and Danny at the diner once this was all said and done.
Her three things. Her world revolved around the positive outcomes. She was just a child when Edward had stayed up with her all night in her hospital bed, slowly listing every positive thing he could think of. The world wasn’t scary when she was reminded of all the good things in it.
One, she loved children and she wasn’t just watching one, but two. Two, her dad was happy and he was going on a date which made her very happy too. Three; her mind paused and she narrowed her eyes, her mind racing. Her eyes opened wide then. Three, it was a sunny day outside and sunny days always made her happy.
She took in a deep breath and walked inside the lobby.

Rachelle was determined to say with Johanna, their mother, and that’s where she was that day. Lakisha was still upset, even though she tried not to be, that her mother had walked out without even saying goodbye to her.
One, Johanna was her mother, and she would always love her mother. Two, she knew that, in her own way, her mother loved her back. Three; Lakisha closed her eyes and almost felt worse. It wasn’t supposed to be this hard to come up with three good things about her own mother. She could fall down a rabbit hole thinking about all the negative things that she associated with the woman, but that was something Lakisha refused to do.
Three, she might not have the great relationship with her father that she does if it weren’t for her mother.
Lakisha followed the directions the manager gave her to the room of Gwen Labelle - the woman who called about a babysitter for two boys, Calloway and Matt. She reached the door and knocked hesitantly.
It was quiet on the other end of the door, and Lakisha suddenly worried she was at the wrong place. She fumbled into her bag, looking to find the paper that had all of Ms. Labelle’s notes for her. She heard the sound of the lock undoing just as her fingers found the paper she was looking for.
In an event that seemed almost disturbingly timed, the paper slipped from her hands and fell to the floor in front of her. She ducked down quickly, trying to grab it, but it slid just out of her reach. The door came open and she took a step forward, her arm extended to grab it when her foot seemed to catch - one of her shoelaces had gotten loose and she had stepped on it with her other foot. This was exactly her luck and she knew it deep down.

In one swoop, Lakisha had tumbled forward, knocking the person who opened the door over with her as she landed directly on top of him in his hotel room. Lakisha felt her face burning with embarrassment. “I’m so sorry! I’m so… so sorry! Oh no!” She scrambled as she tried to pull herself off of the stranger. “No! I’m making it worse! I’m sorry!” She pulled herself up slightly, her big, bright eyes met the wide eyes of a boy who looked about her age.
He seemed to stare at her intensely for a long minute before mumbling under his breath. “Freight train.”
Lakisha quickly picked herself off of him and the floor and she scrambled to help the poor stranger up. “I’m so, so sorry!” Her face continued to burn with embarrassment. What a great first impression she left, she struggled to take in a breath. If she got worked up she would cause her asthma to flare. She took in another shaky-yet-steady breath and calmed slightly as she dusted the boy’s arms and shirt off of any dust she might have inflicted him with.
One, she didn’t have an asthma attack, so that was progress. Two, she didn’t appear to have injured herself or the boy.
She stopped dusting him off and stared at him with wide eyes, backing off immediately. “I’m so clumsy! I’m so sorry! Oh, these silly shoes always come untied at the worst possible minute…” She stared down at her shoes.
Three, he had the most gorgeous eyes she had ever seen, and if she stared into them any longer she would likely continue to do silly and embarrassing things.

“Sorry about that.” He seemed to shift with unease and Lala resisted apologizing again in favor of letting him speak. “How can I help you?”
Help her? She needed help? She needed to… babysit! She had almost forgotten. Her eyes went wide as she remembered. “Oh! Silly me! Uhm…” She dug for that paper again. “I’m supposed to be babysitting. Oh what a fantastic start I’m off to.” She let out a small, nervous sigh as she fumbled to unfold the paper. One, she was at least at the right hotel. Two, things could only go up from here. Three, at least her tripping forced her to talk to the cute boy instead of ignoring him. She realized she had been counting on her fingers then and she felt her face heat up again. She brought her hand up to her face and brushed loose strands of hair away nervously. “Calloway and Matt? Do I have the wrong room?”
His eyes hardened slightly and she knew she had probably messed up her first impression. How could she possibly carry children if she couldn’t even stand up without falling over? “Nope. You have the wrong-right room, I mean.” He paused momentarily, likely weighing his options on whether or not she would be capable of handling the babies. “You have the right room.” He repeated.
Lakisha bit her lip nervously. “I’m so sorry again for that…” She pointed to the doorway. “I just wanted to find the slip so I could figure out if I had the right room, then in my stroke of bad luck I dropped it… and then tripped… and then knocked you over… and… Oh I swear that’s not normal!” She waved her hands in front of her. “I am fully capable of watching children! I promise! I hope I haven’t soured your impression of me… I’m really, really sorry.” She tipped her head slightly. “I mean, at least it’s a great ice-breaker, right? Oh, and it’s good I fell into the right room!” She paused for thought. “And at least now I’ve officially done the most embarrassing thing of the day. I’ve fulfilled my embarrassing-things quota!” She smiled brightly before realizing this boy didn’t even know her name, her hand flew up to her face. “Oh! I’m sorry! I haven’t even introduced myself. I’m Lakisha!” She curtseyed awkwardly, a family tradition - well, minus the awkward part.
One, at least Rachelle wasn’t here to laugh at her. Two, she didn’t fall over when she curtseyed - small progress! Three, at least this would be a great story she could tell her dad later.
She blinked rapidly and bit her lip, “you can call me Lala, if you’d like… everyone does. I mean, not everyone… if you don’t know me you can’t call me that, but that’s because you wouldn’t know my name in the first place. It’s a bit silly, isn’t it? My dad came up with it one day and it just kind of stuck and I’ve gone by Lala ever since…” She laughed nervously before straightening. “Oh! What’s your name?” He didn’t look like a Gwen. Gwen sounded like a woman on the phone.
He laughed slightly before closing his mouth into a smile. Yes. She certainly had not left the best impression. “Eric Labelle. Nice to meet you, Lala?” He paused then and his brow furrowed slightly. “I can show you where the boys are if you like-”

Two, neon-haired children made their appearance then, one crawling right after the other. Lakisha had never seen children with such bright hair and she suddenly felt all of her worries and embarrassment melt away. One of the boys smiled up at her and her heart absolutely melted. It would take everything in her not to gush. Too late. “Oh my gosh! You two are positively the most adorable children I’ve ever seen! You have neon hair!” She scooped the one who smiled at her up and hugged him tightly. “Oh my goodness! Just look at you two! Twin boys? How funny is that! I’m a twin too.” She poked the boy’s nose before slowly setting him down and kneeling with his twin. “Well, now I seem to have double the positive things to think about today!”
The first boy she had picked up pointed to Eric and spoke. “Idwiot.”
Lakisha’s eyes opened wide in surprise before looking up at Eric. She shook her head firmly then. “Oh, no! That’s not a very nice thing to say, little one! Where did you learn to talk like that?” She frowned. Maybel’s first words weren’t pleasant either because of how often she was around her mother. Johanna never quite filtered herself around Maybel and it rubbed off in a lot of negative ways. Maybel had called her ‘stupid’ because Johanna had told her in front of Maybel that she had been acting stupid.
One, Eric seemed friendly and kind. Two, the twins were adorable beyond words. Three, she no longer had to live with her mother any longer. The last one was the most important. One of the boys saw her counting on her fingers and reached out to grab at her hands. Lakisha nearly jumped but she smiled again then. “Oh, don’t mind me and my silly counting. It’s important to remember not to call people idiots. That’s not a nice thing.” She told the boys. “That’s hurtful.” It had been hurtful. She slowly counted three more things on her fingers.
The twins began pointing back and forth between each other, sharing confused looks as they tried to figure out what they did wrong. “What?” One of them said quietly.
“What?” The other said, pointing then at himself.
His twin’s face seemed to realize something. “Jamez!”
Lakisha slowly stood up, her eyes staying mostly to the floor. “Children are like little sponges.” She pursed her lips slightly. “If it makes you feel any better my little sister called me ‘stupid’ after she heard my mother call me that. She didn’t mean it, and I don’t think this little one means it either.” She smiled sweetly at the twins. She shook her head then and let out a long breath. “I’m so sorry. I’ve really just made a mess of everything today. I’m having an off day it seems, but it’s ok! One, the day isn’t over yet.” She delicately began counting on her fingers. “Two, how can I possibly have a bad day when I’m surrounded by adorable babies… and three, I like meeting new people.” She looked at Eric sweetly and then her eyes went wide with realization. “I just said that outloud, didn’t I?”

“It seems so.” Eric tilted his head. “That’s an interesting habit. Do you always count a lot?” He turned his gaze on the twins. “Luckily, James won’t be around them again. Ever.”
Lakisha was slowly putting the pieces together. James must have been the one to carelessly teach them negative words. She fidgeted with her hands before moving her hands up to fiddle with her braid. “Count a lot?” She felt her cheeks start burning again. “Yes, I suppose I do. It’s a habit I picked up when I was younger. I… I make it my mission to say three positive things for every negative thing I think about.” She took in a breath to brace for the laughter. Everyone always laughed the first time they heard it, it was just how people seemed to react to her.
He grinned at her, but no laughter came. "That is fascinating. Do you always find a way to find three positive things for every negative thing?" He idly looked to the door then.
Lakisha let out of her breath, surprise filling her eyes. "You aren't going to laugh at me?" Had she really grown so used to people laughing at her? One, her father never did. Two, she liked knowing she brought people joy on some level. Three, she felt greatly relieved that Eric hadn't laughed at her yet. Perhaps she could make a friend? She smiled softly to herself then before looking at him with a bigger smile.
Eric seemed surprised as he looked at her. "Why would I laugh at you for that? I think it's amazing that you can find the good in everything not once, but three times."
Lakisha laughed then, a nervous but relieved laugh. "Well it's kind of a silly thing, but it works for me. There's no such thing as a bad day in my books. There will always be more positive things in the world than negative. You just have to find them, you know?"
He was grinning at her. “What do you call your less positive days then?”
She paused for thought - she had never really thought about it before. “You know, I don’t really think about it that way. This will sound really silly, but if I give it a name, I give it power… like, the power to exist. I don’t have  name for it because then I would be admitting that every day isn’t a good day, and they all are.” She giggled. “There will always be a bright side to every day, no matter how bad things may seem. Sometimes I think about the bad things and it just feels like I fall into a hole… like there’s just no sunlight left… but my dad told me that sometimes there is no sunlight. Somedays it’s cloudy or sometimes it’s nighttime… and in those days we have to remind ourselves of how warm the sun feels, and what the light looks like. The sun will always rise. Clouds will always dissipate. Nothing is forever except the sunshine.”

He stared at her for a long moment and Lakisha wondered if she had said too much. She talked a lot when people let her. After a minute he finally spoke. “When did you become so positive, Lal-Lakisha?”
She giggled then as he stumbled over his words. In a way it was a relief to know she wasn’t the only one worried about saying something wrong. “Please, you can call me Lala. I insist!” She smiled brightly at him and sighed wistfully. “When did I become so positive?” She giggled again. “Well, I wish I could tell you I was born that way, but…” She shrugged. “Well, when I was little, my twin decided to play a joke on me and scare me. She hid in the closet at home in our entryway and jumped out to surprise me… and boy did it work. I remember panicking because I didn’t expect it, yet I couldn’t scream even though I wanted to. I couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t… get air into my lungs. Turns out I had asthma and that triggered it. I thought…” She looked at him with big eyes. “I thought I was going to die.”
She took in a big breath to continue, she fidgeted more with her hands as she remembered the night clearly. “My dad came running in and freaked out. He carried me all the way to the hospital.” She laughed lightly, “we weren’t far, and traffic in Bridgeport at rush hour? Impossible.” She shook her head to shake away the laughter for her serious story. “When we got there they took me away from my dad and I remember that made everything worse. I didn’t want to die without seeing my parents one more time. I remembered every bad thing that ever happened to me that I would never get to make up for: every bad grade, every ill-spoken word. Everything. They finally got me breathing through some kind of tube and let my dad and mom back in to see me.”
Eric seemed to be staring at her with sadness in his eyes as she spoke, and Lala shifted, fidgeting even more with her hands. When she got nervous she laughed or she had to fidget. “My mom was mad at my dad and they got into an argument because he left Rachelle alone to take me to the hospital. I remember feeling so horrible because… because it was all my fault that I stopped breathing. I made things worse. My mom left after the argument and my dad stayed with me all night. I felt so bad for keeping him up, but I couldn’t sleep with the tube in my throat. Everything was just horrible and part of me actually wanted them to take the tube out so I wouldn’t cause anymore problems any longer.”

Her hand came up and she idly rubbed her throat. “I couldn’t stop crying and my dad stayed up by my bed and told me every good thing he could think of. The sun would come up tomorrow. I looked good in my hospital gown with flowers on it. He didn’t want to go to work anyways. I didn’t have to go to school. He never stopped thinking of good things until suddenly the world didn’t seem so dark and scary anymore. The next day I could breathe on my own and my dad made me start listing all the good things I could think of. It was hard at first… but it got easier.” She twisted her fingers around her braid as she spoke before her eyes turned and met Eric’s and she smiled. “He did that every time I was hospitalized after that, and I’ve been doing it everyday ever since.”
Eric seemed at a loss for words at this point. “Your mom was mad because your father took you to the hospital because you couldn’t breathe?”
Lakisha shifted on her feet. “My mom is… very particular about getting things done a certain way.” She closed her eyes and thought about her three positive things about her mother - oh why was it so hard to think of three good things about her? “She was just upset that Rachelle got left home alone. I… also don’t think she takes my asthma very seriously.” She bit her cheeks. “She… accidentally throws out my inhalers a lot.” Lakisha shrugged awkwardly. “She says she doesn’t mean it, and she really wants the best for me when she says she doesn’t think they help.” She paused on two, as she always did when her mother was involved. “She still comes to visit me in the hospital even though she doesn’t like it there!” She held up ‘three’ and sighed with relief.
Anger flashed through Eric’s eyes, and then sadness, and then pain. “My father, James, hadn’t cared about my sister when she had-” He had stopped himself, his face held so many emotions and Lakisha just wanted to hug him. He looked down at the floor. “Anyways, it is a big deal.”
Lakisha looked at him, her head tilting slightly. It was very kind of him to think about her in that way. She clearly had struck a nerve and she felt guilty for even bringing it up. This is why she never dwelled on sad things. It only took one sad thing to drag everyone in the room down with her. She bit her lip and tilted her head. “I would like to hug you, is that ok?”
Eric hesitated but he smiled. After a minute he shrugged. “Sure.”
Lala smiled brightly, her smile seemed to spread to her whole face and she giggled. “Oh! Yay!” She moved to take a step forward and the very same shoe that tripped her earlier had it’s laces caught under her other shoe. She stumbled forward and caught herself on his arms, her eyes were wide and staring into his chest that her head leaned against. “Oh! I’m so sorry! I can’t believe that I did this again! I’m so sorry!”

He stared at her with wide eyes before chuckling nervously. “It is ok. Don’t worry about it.”
Lakisha sighed then and laughed, she probably seemed crazy. “Oh, can we just pretend that I’m not making a total fool of myself today? That would be great.” She kept laughing despite the embarrassment. She always made a fool of herself in front of cute boys. She wasn’t like Rachelle, who was pretty and popular.
Eric laughed and paused for thought, after a minute he seemed to take a big breath in. “Well, there is always three positive things for every negative thing out there.” He paused again. “You do this adorable thing where you fidget with your hands when you get embarrassed. You see the good in everything when others can’t and you seem to have the power to make everyday better.”
Lakisha felt her eyes grow wide as her cheeks burned. She started grinning widely. In a heartbeat she hugged him tighter while she laughed. “That just made my day so much brighter! You’re possibly one of the kindest people I’ve ever met. You don’t laugh at my silly counting… and you don’t hold my clumsiness against me - though I swear this isn’t normal… and-” She paused as she looked him in the eyes. Up close they nearly knocked the wind out of her. She desperately tried to remember how to breathe normally and her breath returned to her. “You have beautiful eyes.”
Eric looked at her with questions in his eyes before something in them changed. Had she overstepped herself? She oftentimes talked too much, but she-

He suddenly leaned down and their lips met hesitantly. Her eyes went wide before she slowly closed them and melted into the kiss. She had never been kissed before, and her heart was racing. She felt like her knees might give out at this rate. Her mind raced - what should she be doing right now? She had never kissed anyone before, at least, not like this. She tried to focus on remembering to breathe, as that seemed like the biggest challenge. Why was breathing always her hardest challenge? She hesitantly brought her fingers up and into his hair. This was how they always kissed in the movies, surely that had to do something. Lakisha was overwhelmed by all the feelings she got, and she had to keep reminding herself to breathe. It would be far too embarrassing if she had to whip out her inhaler in front of Eric. She prayed silently that her lungs gave her this opportunity and just functioned like they were supposed to.
A moment longer passed before she felt a tug on her dress. Her eyes went open wide and she turned immediately - breaking the kiss. She was supposed to be babysitting! What was she doing?!

One of the twins was looking at her with big eyes, pointing to his cheek. “My twurn.”
Lakisha started laughing sweetly as she tried to catch her breath. “Oh my, your turn now?” Her cheeks were turning redder and redder. “Ok!” She stooped down and picked up the boy into her arms, planting a kiss on both of his cheeks and then on his nose. She giggled and gave him a tight hug.

Suddenly his twin was at her feet, tugging on her skirt and pointing to his cheek too. The boy in her arms frowned at his brother. “Oh? You too?” Lala was giggling. “Oh my…! I don’t think I’ve ever had so many boys wanting my attention.” She kept laughing as she slowly put the boy in her arms down in favor of his brother, whom she pulled up and kissed equally. “My sister is usually the one who’s good with boys and… well… people.” She shrugged. “I just have my counting.”
The toddler on the floor pointed to his brother with a frown. “Boo.” His frown only got worse. His brother twisted in Lakisha’s arms to stick his tongue out at his brother.
Eric chuckled. “I think Calloway and Matt disagree.”
Lakisha smiled at Eric before realizing that they had just been kissing nearly a minute ago. She averted her eyes bashfully. “Are you sure they’re not just fighting over getting kisses? I go from kissing no boys to three in a short span… I can’t say I ever expected that.” Her eyes went wide. “Oh! That’s embarrassing. I think I talk too much. My sister says I talk too much, and I certainly believe her… like now. Now I’m definitely… talking too much.”
Eric laughed fully then. “I think she’s wrong.” He paused. “I like it when you talk.”
Lakisha was suddenly at a loss for words. She gripped at the twin in her arms - she determined him to be Calloway. All at once all of her words came back to her. “Did I just dream that, a minute ago? I can’t tell if I’m going crazy or not. I… I’m probably going crazy. Am I in shock or did that actually happen?”
“Which part? The part where I kissed you or said that I liked when you talked? Both of them happened.” He was grinning at her and she felt her face start burning even more. Suddenly the door to the room came open and a woman with neon hair entered.
She seemed a little frazzled, but she immediately smiled and all hint of unease was gone. “Thanks for watching these two trouble-makers!” Her voice was beautiful and warm. It reminded Lakisha of how it felt being around her Aunt Mary when she would practice magic. The toddler on the floor, Lakisha had determined him to be Matt, smiled at his mother as she leaned down to pick him up. In almost no time he had snuggled up this mother and fallen asleep. Lakisha assumed the woman had to be the one she spoke to on the phone - Gwen Labelle.
Gwen then turned to Eric and spoke softly. “I thought you would be walking around the city, cooling off, Eric.”

Eric shrugged awkwardly, his mind seemed distracted. “Nope.”
Lakisha’s eyes went wide and she smiled brightly at Gwen. “Oh! Are you Ms. Labelle? Wait, no, of course you are. It’d be silly of me if I didn’t see the resemblance!”
Gwen smiled and laughed lightly as she assessed the room. “Yep! Thank you so much for watching Calloway and Matt.” She opened her wallet and began to fish out some money that she promptly handed to Lakisha. “I hope that is enough. Thank you again.”
Lakisha took the money before her eyes went wide; Gwen had given her far too much money. Lakisha stuttered as she stared at the money. “M-M-Ms. Labelle, this is far too much… I couldn’t possibly accept this much. The boys were perfect gentlemen, and Eric was so much help it was like I was hardly needed at all.” Lakisha gingerly pulled one of the smaller bills from the amount given before handing the rest back to Gwen. “I’m mostly happy getting paid in good company, anyways!”
Gwen tilted her head before examining the money Lakisha had given back. “I didn’t mean to offend you at all. Lakisha, is that right? I can’t say thank you enough for watching them. Do you have a ride home? I’m not sure if I heard you correctly over the phone earlier.”
Lakisha nodded then, “no please! You didn’t offend me at all! I would just feel so guilty taking that much from you when babysitting for your boys hardly felt like work at all! I-” She stopped suddenly. “Oh! That’s my dad! Uhm, it was nice to meet all of you.” Her gaze lingered a little on Eric before she gave each of the twins a big smile. “Hopefully we’ll meet again!” She waved and slowly ducked out of the doorway.

When the door shut behind her, she carefully answered the phone. “Hi daddy! Are you outside?”
Edward’s familiar voice came through the phone. “Hey baby girl, I’m right around the corner. How did your job go?”
“Really well!” Lakisha giggled into the phone. “Oh, daddy, I have so much to tell you!” She thought she might burst. “I’m coming downstairs!”
“Wait in the lobby, I’ll come in to get you.” Edward responded.

Lakisha sat in the car next to Edward as she grinned at him. “They were twins, dad! Two boys! Oh they were so cute! One was named Matt and the other was named Calloway. I don’t know why I was called to come in, their older brother was there the whole time - he’s like, my age, I think?” She was speaking very quickly and she stopped suddenly as she drew in a breath.

Edward chuckled. “Slow down, sweetheart, you’ll give yourself an asthma attack at this rate.” He pointed to the glove compartment. “You’ve got a spare inhaler in the glove compartment, do you need it?” Edward prepared to stop the car.
Lakisha shook her hands in front of her. “No, no! I’m fine! It’s just, oh dad, I made such a fool of myself.” She shook her head.
“So the older brother was cute, then?” Edward looked at her with a grin.
Lakisha nodded gravely. “Very. He kissed me, daddy!”
“And that was after you fell on him?” Edward laughed as he focused on the road.
She shook her hands out in front of her. “No, no! Wait, backing up! I got there and tripped and fell on him when he opened the door and he didn’t even get mad at me!”
“Oh Lala, no one could get mad at you for falling on them. It’d be like getting mad at a kitten for tripping on your shoes.” Edward shot back at her.

Lakisha shook her head. “Dad! That’s hardly the same thing! I was falling all over myself… he could have called his mother and told her I wasn’t capable of watching children!”
“Well, he didn’t, right?” Edward slowly turned the music down as they arrived at the rental house.
Her eyes went big. “No! Instead he kissed me! You know I’ve never been kissed before! I thought I was going to have an asthma attack!”
Edward looked at her seriously. “Did you? Did you need to use your inhaler?”
She smiled brightly at him. “No! I didn’t!” She held up her hand. “I got my first kiss, I didn’t need to use my inhaler, and I had three adorable boys fawning over me… I’ve never had that many boys fawning over me in my entire life!”
They got out of the car and started walking up the drive. “So what was this boy’s name?” Edward narrowed his eyes teasingly as he looked at his daughter.
“Eric. His name is Eric. He’s got dark hair and really pretty eyes.” She sighed and bit her lip. “Oh, and he even didn’t laugh at me when I told him about my counting thing!”

“Good.” Edward laughed. “One less person for me to beat up then.”
“Dad! You don’t beat anyone up.” Lakisha smiled at him. “So, how did your date go?”
Edward smiled at her warmly. “It went well, sweetheart. I’m not sure if we’ll see each other again, but it was nice to get back out there.”
“Did you like her?” She looked at him with big, hopeful eyes.
He chuckled and nodded, “of course I liked her.”
“Then why not see her again?”
Edward shrugged his shoulders lightly. “We’re both busy people. If it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be. I’m not really worried about pursuing something too serious right now.”
Lakisha nodded. “That makes sense.”
“What about you, are you and Eric going to be seeing each other again?” Edward asked teasingly.
Lakisha’s eyes went wide. “Oh! I didn’t even give him my phone number!” She slowly put her head in her hands and sighed. “It’s probably for the best. I’ve never had much luck with boys anyways.”
“Oh darn, I guess you’re stuck going to the movies with your dear-old-dad.” Edward spoke dramatically.

She laughed and gave Edward a tight hug. “That sounds perfect to me!”

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #964 on: July 03, 2016, 03:28:58 AM »
I said it on mpart's thread and I will say it again here: I really hope we get some Labelle-Reaper-boos. I don't care whether they are Ed and Gwen's or Lala and Eric's. Although, now that I think about it, if Ed and Gwen have a nooboo, then Eric and Lala are sort of technically related, no matter how removed, and that would just be weird. so, let the grownups have "fun" together, but let the kids end up together with nooboos galore :-)
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #965 on: July 03, 2016, 12:13:06 PM »
I said it on mpart's thread and I will say it again here: I really hope we get some Labelle-Reaper-boos. I don't care whether they are Ed and Gwen's or Lala and Eric's. Although, now that I think about it, if Ed and Gwen have a nooboo, then Eric and Lala are sort of technically related, no matter how removed, and that would just be weird. so, let the grownups have "fun" together, but let the kids end up together with nooboos galore :-)
Hehe, mpart and I often joke about Ed and Gwen's children at the rate they're going.
The good news is, there WILL be Reaper-Labelle children in the future in both stories... and we're super excited about it.

Hopefully the mashup is still fun for everyone involved. We're just having fun seeing our characters react to each other, and Gwen decided she liked Edward a LOT.
This is what we get for wanting our characters to have friends.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Mush Announcement
« Reply #966 on: July 03, 2016, 07:11:06 PM »
One Mushy Announcement
Hey there everyone! You all have been such awesome support of me during the ever-changing process of my life, and I've been writing this story for close to three years now! I've been through my first big move; my schooling, my first accident, my first attempts at getting a 'real' job, my going back to school... and so much more all in the time I've spent writing the Reapers. I know this story has shifted quite a bit from it's innocent beginnings and I'm just thankful to all those out there who still read and get enjoyment out of it.
One of my biggest supporters in my writing all this time is my boyfriend of six years. Well, two weeks ago (almost to the day) my boyfriend took me to my favorite beach and proposed to me!
Ladies and gentlemen, I said yes!
The Queen of Mush is getting married in a year! So, to celebrate, I've gather this small collection of pictures just for the occasion. It's not much, and the reason I wanted to wait until now was so that I could include Eveline and Jupiter in the bunch.

Much love
<3
Livvielove

Agnes <3 Tragic

Aurora <3 Giacomo

Raven <3 Khang

Emrin <3 Glitch

Falor <3 Demi

Noten <3 Palmira

Mary <3 Alec

Eveline <3 Jupiter

Majnun <3 Anne

Thanks for all your love and support from the mushiest bunch o' Reapers. =)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #967 on: July 03, 2016, 09:44:51 PM »
Congrats to Eveline and Jupiter! Their babies are soooo cute!

I love Lala and Eric together and hope they continue meeting! Ed and Gwen already have children of their own so my vote is for Lala/Eric nooboos.

A huge congratulations to you, @LivvieLove!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #968 on: July 03, 2016, 09:50:47 PM »
Congrats to Eveline and Jupiter! Their babies are soooo cute!

I love Lala and Eric together and hope they continue meeting! Ed and Gwen already have children of their own so my vote is for Lala/Eric nooboos.

A huge congratulations to you, @LivvieLove!
Thank you so much dear!
Evie and Jupiter's babes are just way too adorable. The world cannot handle it... I just... you just can't handle it. I promise.
That was my thinking on Ed and Gwen as well. We'll see if Story Progression reminds them that between them they have six children. ;)

Offline AnnaBeth

• Secretly Tinkerbell
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #969 on: July 04, 2016, 10:32:39 AM »
OMG! Congratulations!  ;D
These pics are so cute though!  ;D
Loving the story still - can't wait to see the next generation of Reapers.  ;D Lol too much excitement!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #970 on: July 04, 2016, 11:10:08 AM »
Congratulations!!!  So very happy for you and the future Mr. LivvieLove!!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #971 on: July 05, 2016, 03:06:57 AM »
OMG! Congratulations!  ;D
These pics are so cute though!  ;D
Loving the story still - can't wait to see the next generation of Reapers.  ;D Lol too much excitement!
Thank you! I just thought - why not show off all my favorite couples as they got engaged? It stuck. I dug through all my old pictures and what did you know... I still had all of them!
I'm far too excited for the next generation of Reapers. =D

Congratulations!!!  So very happy for you and the future Mr. LivvieLove!!
Awww! Thank you so much! We're both super excited for the coming misadventures I'm sure we'll have. =D

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #972 on: July 05, 2016, 04:21:45 AM »
Congratulations! So happy for the two of you!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #973 on: July 05, 2016, 04:55:36 PM »
Congrats, Queen of Mush XD I couldn't think of someone more deserving of a beach proposal ;-) I don't know which couple is my favourite, although Majann and Eviter are definitely a close tie for 1st...
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #974 on: July 06, 2016, 01:43:14 AM »
Congratulations! So happy for the two of you!
Thank you so much Deklitch! =D

Congrats, Queen of Mush XD I couldn't think of someone more deserving of a beach proposal ;-) I don't know which couple is my favourite, although Majann and Eviter are definitely a close tie for 1st...
Hahaha, thank you so much! Yes, it was quite the romantic, mushy moment for me!
It's hard for me to pick a favorite couple, but my favorite couple is a couple you haven't actually met together yet. =D ;)

Anyways, super exciting awesome chapter coming at you! I've been dying to get this chapter up for ages now with mpart. We've both been so psyched!

anything