Author Topic: Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty  (Read 156898 times)

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
  • Boom works, so does Rowan!
Re: Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty || Audience Participation
« Reply #330 on: May 08, 2016, 03:42:33 PM »
Arabella, Avar, Alistair, Astrid, Aster, Angar, Argent, Aurum, Aurelia, Agnes

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #331 on: May 08, 2016, 04:12:17 PM »
Alonzo, Abner, Aloysious, Abraham, Abe, Ambrose
Amanda, Andromeda, Allanah, Aurora, Agatha, Adelaide

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #332 on: May 08, 2016, 05:13:54 PM »
Abendigo, Andile, Amaranthys, Anka, Akker, Ayanda, Amahle, Anele, Akani, Anashe (most of those are Zulu names. I might be a Caucasian South African, but the Bantu names are always so much more lyrical sounding to me.)
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline mododge

• Nooboo
« Reply #333 on: May 08, 2016, 05:20:33 PM »
Loving this new Artie story.
Ashe, Axel, Amber, Aurora, Ajax, Adina, Alira, Adan, Arthur, Avery, Athena, Arwen, Azura, Asbestos, Akron, Aisha, Apollo, Ahab, Austin, Asparagus, Abercrombie, Ali, and Aine.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty || Life in the House
« Reply #334 on: May 09, 2016, 02:08:55 AM »
It's only been a few days since the last update but I swear it feels like forever.  There have been a ton of things happening in game that has left me with almost 150 screenshots in the last 4 days, including a few from before the last update.  Let's see if I can show you some of the funnier moments in the Grim House following the addition of Markus to the house. 

Markus showed his true colors fairly quickly.
Markus - *slams the board and knocks over allt he pieces* You cheated! I don't want to play with you!
Reid - *just off screen* No she didn't.  I've been standing here mentoring you the whole time. 
Markus - I don't like this game!
Aria - I don't like your attitude and unless you want to find out what the words immortal jail mean in this house I suggest you check the attitude young man.  There are better ways to take care of your crazy.  Let us teach you.
Reid - Yes.. the Grims are very good at figuring out what to do with crazy.
Addy - *snickers and snorts*

No she's not taking it out on Reid's other kids.
Aria - Whoops I forgot you were dizzy.  I shouldn't have turned up the speed.
Tatianna -  Ow.. ow.. ow.. whoo..

We did find out that one of the others aged up to be a teenager though..
Aria - Wow Lorena.  Why didn't you call us for your birthday?
Lorena - I haven't been feeling well.  My head feels like it's going to explode.
Aria - Yeah I'm good I got this.

Aria - And why am I standing out in the middle of the deep woods just staring, Addy?
Addy - Because you need Will-O-Wisps that you catch.
Aria - And whose idea was it to choose remedies and the doctor career.  I haven't seen my Dad or boyfriend in forever.
Addy - Uhh that would be yours.

Aria - Ah-ha!  Got another one.
Addy - Alright yeah let's go home read some magic books and get ready for work again.
Aria - My life sucks.
Addy - Welcome to working for immortality.
Aria - I liked it better when all I had to do was fish.
Addy - In this life or the last?
Aria - Either.

The problem with struggling for insects and pregnant women is that we miss a lot of time with the house. 
Addy - Sorry we didn't throw you a party.
Margaret - It's okay.  Just glad that you didn't forget me.
Addy - Yeah but you had to make your own birthday cheesecake.
Margaret - Yes.. and now I get to eat it all by myself.
Addy - Welcome to Young Adulthood..where no one can tell you you can't do that.
Margaret - Thanks!

Of course, Reid spent plenty of quality time with his son.  Reading the same books they all learned as children. Simonis has decided to be the best gamer in the world so he spends a lot of time looking just like that.  Hunched over his computer keyboard, yelling into a headset about idiots.

Artie has been making some new acquaintances..

.. all of them female.
Aria - Umm.. My Dad is upstairs.  Go bug him.

Speaking of which.. he's been kind of out of it lately.  Keeps putting his grilled cheese into his lap.
Artie - Hi.

Markus is a really smart kid.  With the help of his father and two days of school he got almost all of one aspiration done and started working on the others.

And the house's ability to keep a gardener busy well into the wee hours of the morning were quickly becoming legendary. 

Cara came over with news for Reid about their honeymoon.  We're expecting a new addition to their little family any day now.

And of course I've been having weird glitches where people keep moving even though the game is paused.  Reid slid on one foot across the pool through the fence and then came back to stand and look proud of himself while paused.

Nurse McHugh was feeling particularly possessive of Uriah Champion (mustache 1) and Aria had to learn some new superpowers to handle his examination.  It's probably why she finally got to the dreaded pregnant Sim level.

Addy - Wait.. you become a doctor and you're back to delivering food and making beds?
Aria - Shh.
Addy - I'm guessing the hospital decided since you skipped that part, you should finally pay your dues.
Aria - Go away.
Patient - What?
Aria - Nothing sweetie.  Enjoy and I'll be back in a minute to examine you.
Addy - Yeah there's a giant puddle of something that needs cleaning.  What could possibly make a black puddle?

Aria - Oh.. Oh.  Umm.
Addy - What's wrong?
Aria - She's not human.
Addy - What gave it away?
Aria - I don't like your tone.. and it was definitely her insides.
Addy - Not the space suit or pointed ears or weird voice.  Didn't notice the fact she glows or anything and has been to your house a few times after Artie tried to contact the aliens
Aria. - Noop.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
I love when glitches make Sims look awesome, I want to walk on water too xD Artie and all those female aliens, I can't help but think one of these days he'll have an alienboo.

As for A names, I have a hard enough time coming up with names for my own Sims so I have very little to offer: Amber, Andrea, Aluna, Acacia, Alice, Amelia, Aaliyah, Adonis (yeah I went there), Alfie (maybe not, too similar to Artie), Austin, Aaron, Asher And Arthur.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Ever suddenly think of things and you're like.. "Why didn't I think of this before?"  That would be and what I lovingly call Reid's Brood Club.   It started out with just Cara, Tatianna, Amir, Lorena and Cassie but we're working on enough points for Markus.  You may also notice that Cara is a little thinner than before.  She had another boy!  Clifton is a a cute bundle of dark skinned joy!

One of the club activites is to watch movies in the backyard.  Markus joins them even though he's not in their club.  The day is spent like this until I can get the points to let him join.  Nothing else is really going on in the family because without the Dynasty House being in session - Artie is very prone to ruining everyone's life.  The entire house seems to let go of all their inhibitions about being mean and mischevious.  Like they save it all up for when the meeting ends.

And.... I forgot that it was birthday time in between play sessions.
Addy - Whoops.  I forgot it was your birthday.
Aria - I'm an adult now.  And I'm smiling but really I'm kind of sad that you forgot to give me a cake. 
Addy - Why didn't you remind me instead of going for a jog?
Aria - I don't know!
Addy - This means I should get Simonis to a cake though.
Aria - Probably or you'll have both of us moping.
Addy - To the batcave!

Addy - This is NOT how I expected this night to go. 
Aria - What the.. way to ruin my birthday Grim.
Reaper - Not my fault you didn't have a cake.
Aria - You know what I mean!
Simonis - Aww man..
Addy - Aww man.

Reaper - Wow right in the middle of a reaping.
Addy - You kind of make it hard for me to get them to blow out the candles when you're over there ruining the evening.
Markus - I'm outta here.

Reaper - Who are all these people?
Artie - That's his family.
Reaper - Whose family?
Artie - The man you just took from us.
Tatianna/Cassie - I have to go but thanks for the fun. 
Artie - You guys take care. Come over any time.
Reaper - So.. you let them have families?
Artie - No reason not to.
Reaper - I.. I have to go.
Artie - You just don't want to admit I'm right this time!
Aria - Uhh Dad.
Artie - Nothing.

Addy - Did you know the painting you just did is supposed to be your Grandma Bella?
Margaret - Suuure it is.
Addy - I'm serious. 
Margaret - Well okay then.

Markus - Mom.. I called you over because I don't feel so good.
Cara - That's because you have stripes dear.  Did you take any medicine?
Markus - No.  I was afraid to ask for some.
Cara - Here just have some of this.  You know you live with a really good doctor right Markus?
Markus - All of my siblings are always sick.. how good can she be if they're never cured.
Cara - Or maybe they just have lots of contact with sick people.  Schools are petri dishes after all. 
Markus - Point taken.

Markus - Thanks Mom. 
Cara - No problem sweetie.  How are you holding up?
Markus - Not good.  Like you I'm still really sad.
Cara - I will miss your father for a very long time.
Markus - Are you fat?
Cara - Markus!

Markus - So uhh.. hi.
Cassie - *all grown up* Hi.
Markus - I miss your tiara.
Cassie - Me too.
Markus - So I was thinking we could be really good friends or even best friends!
Cassie - Okay.

Still waiting on a pregnant woman to show up at the hospital, little Clifton Rupp-Dinh officially showed up to get a checkup from our favorite doctor.

Speaking of pregnant women.  One of Reid's final acts was a success!  With any luck she'll be the pregnant woman needed for the promotion!

Aria - *consoles about death, brightens day, flatters, deep conversation*
Cara - *stops moping*

Aria - Just let me get a good feel here.  Yes. yes.. I think that's it.  Wow what a kick.
Cara - What are you doing?

Aria - I can say with compete certainty when we deliver this baby it's going to be a girl.
Cara - Yes!
Aria - I'm glad you're excited about that. 

The meeting of Reid's Brood has begun and Amir shows the girls the better way to watch a movie while Cara finds out what she's having.

Realizing that the only aspiration little Markus hadn't finished was the social one.  We went to the park.  Where the Cosplay Club was holding a meeting.  We had four Leias running around.
Addy - Hey.. it's May the Fifth.  You can put away the costumes now.

And a pregnant lady in her wedding dress.
Cara - Hi!

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher

Amir - *YA* Why don't you go back to the cafe, dude.  I got this.
Markus - Yes but she's waving at me.
Raquel - *becomes a YA right there*
Amir - Yep.. all mine.
Markus - Aww man.

Half the gang thought instead of spending another night in Granite Falls it would be good to hang out at a cafe.
Aria - How about a date?
Simonis - Here?
Aria - Why not?
Simonis - Absolutely.. c'mere.
Gold Medal too!

Addy - And who is that?
Margaret - Vincent.
Addy - Do we like him?
Margaret - We like keeping our options open.
Addy - Yes we do. 
Vincent - Uhh.. hi. Can I make you anything else?

This afternoon after Aria worked late an extra two hours in hopes that something would happen.. Markus still only had 5 siblings.  Just a few hours later.. this.
Addy - Cara!  You were supposed to have the baby at the hospital!
Cara - Sorry.. It was a girl.  Bridgette.  And she'll never know her father.
Addy - Aww honey.. cheer up.

Artie - Hey.. look what I did.
Addy - Woo-woo you maxed another skill.
Artie - And I got a strawberry.
Addy - Wow.
Artie - I don't appreciate the tone.
Addy - Life is a series of work days at the hospital and time spent in Granite Falls looking for Bees and Will-O-Wisps.  It's not like this is fun at the moment.
Artie - Which is why you should focus more on me.
Addy - No.
Artie - We're having a party tonight.
Addy - There is that.  In fact we should head back to plan for that.  Margaret needs to do some things at an event.

Markus invited his whole club over for a fancy house party birthday.  It was nice to see people in something other than work and workout clothes (Yoga is taking over our lives!). 
Addy - Markus it's time to blow our your candles.
Markus - One second... we're about to beat our all time team score.
Addy - Hurry up before you do it without the cake.
Markus - Okay Okay.

Artie and Aria used this time to get to some some of the elderly.  That cowboy back there has been old a while and it makes him a perfect candidate!
Markus - I get the feeling you're not even paying attention to me.
Addy - Why do you say that?
Markus - Did you see the sparkles?
Addy - I did.  And I also happened to notice your hippy glasses.
Markus - Help.
Addy - When the party is over.
Markus - Ugh.. useless woman.
Artie - I got this.  Don't you worry.  C'mon kid.  I'll show you how to dress.

He look like anyone to you guys?  Yeah I didn't think so either.
Artie - Excuse me.  Work of art in progress.

*every day*
Artie - So I'll let you keep the flannel.
Markus - Cool.
*formal*
Artie - Gotta look spiffy for formal occasions.
Markus - Why not a tux?
Artie - You have to mature into a tux.  For now this won't cause you any grief at school.
*sleepwear*
Markus - What is this?
Artie - It's your sleepwear.
Markus - I can't.. *mumbles, rips up the photo evidence*
*athletic*
Artie - But you are keeping it.  Now here try on these socks.
Markus - Why am I wearing knee socks with long shorts?
Artie - It's a dynasty thing.. you wouldn't understand.  Let's just say the cool kids do it and you should suck it up and be like the rest of us *peer pressure*
Markus - But you don't do it.
Artie - Because I have to wear heart underwear to bed.  The choice is yours.
Markus - I like socks.
*party*
Artie - Are you sure?
Markus - Definitely. 
Artie - Fine.  We'll go with it
*swimwear*
Artie - And done.. *drops the mic*
Markus - Oh yeah. 
Addy - What in the world.. oh.  You'll do.  Let's go.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Markus' face says Reid to me, at least in the nose and jaw. But he looks like his own purple person and that's what matters.

Any news on what color Reid's last child is?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Markus' face says Reid to me, at least in the nose and jaw. But he looks like his own purple person and that's what matters.

Any news on what color Reid's last child is?

Haha I think he looks like Reid too so don't feel bad.  I was being sarcastic.   Here's some comparison pictures if Reid had been purple.  And yes there is news on her color and Gen 3's color *is a horrible tease and knows it*

Reid is officially on the gallery for anyone that wants to use him.  He's Reid Cheung-Dinh and I made sure to put him under #carlsguide so people could find him.  If that doesn't pop anything, my origin ID is Ricalynn and you could probably look it up that way.    He has all the skills he had when he was barely a teenager and I can't figure out how to wipe his slate clean.  Sorry! 

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Earlier today, the word "reidboo" popped into my head--I'm so sad to learn that he's passed but also happy to hear that we have two more of The Brood to meet!!!
Reid was a fantastic sim ever since he was born. You gave him lots of screen time which I really enjoyed.
Loved how he and Cara looked a lot like each other. Glad they got to marry at the end.
Why is Cara running around in her wedding dress?

Wow, poor Aria and Addy and your never-ending pursuit of a pregnancy and will-o-wisps.

Sorry, I always end up commenting too much, but I really laughed at the Marcus/Addy convo about his makeover.  He could be a clone, but for his lips. :-)
Shoot me, just one more comment: Art is congregating with rainbow-skinned alien hotties?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Earlier today, the word "reidboo" popped into my head--I'm so sad to learn that he's passed but also happy to hear that we have two more of The Brood to meet!!!
Reid was a fantastic sim ever since he was born. You gave him lots of screen time which I really enjoyed.
Loved how he and Cara looked a lot like each other. Glad they got to marry at the end.
Why is Cara running around in her wedding dress?

Wow, poor Aria and Addy and your never-ending pursuit of a pregnancy and will-o-wisps.

Sorry, I always end up commenting too much, but I really laughed at the Marcus/Addy convo about his makeover.  He could be a clone, but for his lips. :-)
Shoot me, just one more comment: Art is congregating with rainbow-skinned alien hotties?

Reidboo is totally a thing now. I think I'll keep that for Markus's kids too.  Assuming I use him to pollinate  ;)  Plans are not cemented one way or another.  He's just now a teenager!

And I'll miss Reid.  Actually I do miss Reid.  I miss Alex too and I missed Cassie before them.  It's like a stage of depressions at this point.  And I can only feel it getting worse. 
As for the wedding dress.  We had a party, I don't remember if it was a formal affair but she's been in it ever since.  Margaret is doing the culinary/mixology aspirations like her grandma Bella and she needed some parties to cook and mix for so we did that in between trips. 

and you can comment all you want!  I actually enjoy the interaction.  I ain't gonna lie.  and that was Markus and Artie mostly.  Artie's been reading forum stories again.  His latest one was to catch up with the Behrens.  Now he demands we take time to immerse ourselves in the Dude before we try Play's new one. 

and yes.  He's being surrounded by a plethora of random alien females.  Never a male. Just females and he's been abducted probably about 9 times and no pregnancies (even with vacancies) but he always comes back with either a dazed or angry buff.  It kills me.  You'll see more soon!  Just gotta write it up.

Sorry to everyone it's been kind of boring.  Spoiler: Aria was 11 days from becoming an elder by the time it took me to get a pregnant woman.  We have 9 Will-O-Wisps and 6 Bees out of the 10 of each we need.  Bees is what's killing me. Rarely spawn and when they do they don't gather just sting! And I can't clone any of it because it's for her museum.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty || Chapter 50: First Comes Love
« Reply #342 on: May 10, 2016, 01:35:35 AM »

The dead have taken over the hospital.  And supposedly in a good way.  I just wish they would move on so I could get new possibly very colorful townies.

Like this guy..
Aria - Oh.. Oh!  That explains so much.
Addy - That all these collapsed Sims are taking over when babies should be popping.
Aria - No.. I mean yes.. but He's an alien.
Addy - And according to our achievement, the 10th one we've figured out. 

Meet Bridgette Rupp-Dinh.  The last and final Reidboo.
Aria - Just hold on while I rub your cheek here.  Good now I'm going to go analyze this and you just sit here and show your symptoms to Addy so I can get you out of her faster sweetie.
Bridgette - Thanks Dr Grim.
Addy - *snickers* Dr Grim.  It's just so..
Aria - Yeah yeah yuck it up.  Now watch her for symptoms.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
Addy - OMW OMW OMW OMW OMW OMW OMW
Aria - I can hear that you know!
Addy - OMW OMW.
Aria - What's with the - Holy Pam it's a pregnant woman.
Addy - I know!

Alien in Disguise Pregnant Lady/Godsend Whose Name I forgot - Uhh where'd my baby go.
Aria - It did the sparkles thing so I think you'll find it at home.  Thank you for coming in to deliver at the hospital. I appreciate it.
AiDPL/GWNIF aka Lady - Uhh. Are you sure?
Aria - No... yes.. yes.. No.. Maybe.

Lady - Okay then. Bye!
Aria - I'm the best.
Addy - You know what this means.
Aria - That you have some building to do.
Addy -  I have some building to do?
Aria - Yes.  Here's a list of all the things I want in the backyard.. Stat.
Addy - Well well.. planning this for a while have we?
Aria - Well I had to do something on all those hikes and stargazing nights waiting for someone to pop.

Simonis - Mmm... mm mm. mm.  Aria you know I love sitting in our formal wear just kissing with you but where am I sitting and why are we doing so much kissing?
Aria - One more.
Simonis - Mmm Okay what's gotten into you?

Aria - Simonis.. Simmy Darling.. My love. 
Simonis - Yes?
Aria - I did it.
Simonis - You did what?
Aria - I delivered a baby!
Simonis - Oh yay.. wait.. huh?  I didn't even realize you were pregnant.
Aria - No silly.. at work.

Simonis - Does that mean what I think it means.
Aria - Oh.. very much so.   In fact.. come here.

Aria - *whisper, whisper*
Simonis - Aria!
Aria - *looks innocent* What?  Actually I do have something I want to show you.  Come over with me across this dirth path here.

Simonis - Is this for me?!
Aria - Yes I put together this whole little place just for you.
Addy - *clears throat*
Aria - I planned this whole little place for you and Addy took care of it because she loves us.

Simonis - I lo--- *being kissed*
Addy - Aria let him get some words out!
Aria - *after a minute or seven* Sorry I'm just so excited.

Aria - Simmybear will you marry me?
Simonis - Hey what happened to me wooing you?
Aria - Simonis Goth!
Simonis - Yes!  Yes I'll marry you.  When?
Aria - Tonight!
Addy - I need more time.
Aria - In a few hours!
Addy - Fine!   Up Up.. Everyone Up.. someone get to all the life books and start reading.

Artie - Hey.. something.. something feels different.
Addy - That would be the feeling of love in the air or some such nonsense.
Artie - What's up?
Addy - Your daughter is now engaged and and only has one promotion left.
Artie - Alright.. That's great news.  On with the dynasty!
Addy - On with my life!

Simonis - Aria.. we shouldn't we're about to.
Aria - Shut up and kiss me.
Simonis - It's so hard loving you.
Aria - But you do love me.

Artie - *looks around*
Addy - Why did you stop?
Artie - 2 Things.. One that room  you made for Aria is missing
Addy - I moved it to the basement because wedding
Artie - And two.. my woohooium alarm is going off.
Addy - You're so full of..
Artie - But I'm right.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty || First Comes Love (10 May)
« Reply #343 on: May 10, 2016, 02:58:23 AM »
Congrats on the delivery!  You must be so relieved!  (Bridgette is adorable!)

The passionate kiss shot is perfect--his red jacket over Her Redness's knee, the red candles, the teddy bear's red heart!

Laughed at the stone statue guy in a sheet, watching Aria propose to Simonis.

Lol, Artie and his "woohooium alarm"; the alert expression on his face says it all!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty || First Comes Love (10 May)
« Reply #344 on: May 10, 2016, 09:18:23 AM »
Reid is gone too soon, RIP <3 I think I was just as excited when I saw that pregnant alien, so congrats on the promotion Aria =D The romantic spot is beautiful and Artie's face at the end was priceless. Brilliant updates!
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast