Author Topic: De Rosa Perfect Genetics Legacy  (Read 18743 times)

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
Re: De Rosa Perfect Genetics Legacy
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2016, 04:36:57 PM »
Poor Anne. I feel sorry for her.

Offline AnnaBeth

• Secretly Tinkerbell
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: De Rosa Perfect Genetics Legacy: All's Fair in Love and War
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2016, 10:44:53 AM »
Awesome leisure day party. And good to see Angel back in his human form. His last night story was funny. Waiting for next update.
Aha thank you! Though hiring the pool out for the afternoon did leave poor Anna with only about $30... And yes, I was glad to see that Angel was still around as when he didn't turn up to the party at first, I feared that the game had eaten him up after he ran off! But luckily, he just had a strange experience much like Scott in the first episode of Teen Wolf  ;D Also, it's amazing to see someone is waiting on my updates! One is coming right up...  ::)

Oh dear, a man of secrets eh? I can't even begin to imagine what this dark secret is!
A Were-zombie, perhaps?

Poor Anna. I hope her luck gets a little better... or her paychecks get bigger so she isn't staring a burnt stove every day.
Ah yes, I thought it would be a good little thing to add as I've played ahead and so in a way I am sort of and all-knowing being...  ::) But anyway. Were-zombie sounds like a good idea - could end up pretty crazy tho!  ;D

Poor Anne. I feel sorry for her.
Yes, she is having a bit of a rough time atm - I didn't intend for that to happen, but hey, that's the sims for you! But never fear, there shall be some happy and cute moments in the next few updates.  :D

All's fair in love and war

Anna was woken the next morning by the sound of her phone ringing loudly into her ear. She'd put it on her bedside table, but she wouldn't be doing that again. She reached over and grabbed it lazily, her eyes drooping and pressed the button to answer.
"Hello?" she croaked.
"Hi, Anna!" It was Angel - that woke her up quickly. "So, I'm having a party of my own tonight and seeing as you invited me to yours even after I turned into a zombie on you, I thought I'd return the favour." Anna didn't even have to think about her response.
"Yeah, sure! Where is it? What's the dress code?"
"It's at mine - I'll text you the address - and it's formal dress - I got a musician in to play us some music and a bartender so we can actually have some sophisticated drinks!"
"Sounds cool! What time do you want me?"
"It starts at seven."
"Cool, I'll be there," Anna said with a smile before hanging up.
Six thirty. Anna had changed into her new dress and was applying the last of her mascara. She finished and sat back, admiring her freshly applied make-up. Done. She walked out the door, picking up her clutch on the way out.
When she arrived, she was immediately greeted by Angel himself.

"So, you said your favourite colour was lilac so... I got you some flowers!" Angel produced the blooms from behind his back. Anna gasped.
"Angel! Thank you so much! No one's ever given me flowers before." Angel smiled.
"Well now they have. It's getting cold, let's go inside." He took her hand and led her inside. They talked in the hall, music playing in the background and people in smart dresses and suits floating around the house.

"So, Angel, what's your star sign?"
"Capricorn. Yours?"
"That's good because I'm a Taurus - we're compatible!" Angel laughed.
"I take it you're into that stuff then?"
"Well, sort of. I take it with a pinch of salt, but hey, we're compatible so what's there to complain about?" She winked at him and the corner of his mouth curved upwards. "Anyway, I take it you're single, then?" The smile went from Angel's face.
"Well. Anna." He took her hand. A crease appeared between Anna's eyebrows.
"What?" She said, unsure of what this was about. Was this the secret Beth warned about?
"Um... I've been meaning to tell you, but it never felt like the right moment."
"Oh, and this is?" Anna said, imagining the worst. Angel sighed and looked her straight in the eyes.
"The thing is, I'm married." Anna froze, confused.
"What?"
"I have a wife, Anna. And two daughters."
"Since when?!" Anger was starting to burn in the pit of her belly. He'd led her on, made her feel like she meant something to him. Why did guys always have to be so two-faced to her? Angel shook his head and held his head in his hands.
"Since I was twenty one. Look, I married her when I was young and foolish and I've regretted it since our two year anniversary when she screamed at me for getting her a green dress instead of a black dress, even though she was dropping me hints about the green dress for about six months before. Of course there were other things before then, small everyday things that I thought would disappear with time. But they didn't. I've only stayed with her all this time because of the girls. When they had their eleventh birthdays, I started to seek a way out - that's why I had the profile on RiverLove. But then I met you, Anna, and you weren't just a way out, you were beautiful and kind and funny and sweet - you were everything I ever wanted. Please believe me." Anna stood there for a second, trying to comprehend what he'd just said.
"But how do I know you won't do the same to me?" She said, still unsure. Angel sighed.
"Anna, I promise with all my heart that I would never leave you. I want a new life with you, and to leave this nightmare behind." Anna still looked uncertain and he pulled her into the lounge. He pulled her close to him and started to sway. "C'mon, Anna, dance with me." An eleven year old girl then entered the room. Anna pulled away, shaking her head.
"I can't do this, not in front of your daughter. She doesn't need to see this." But Angel was still smiling.
"It's fine, my love, she's eleven, not five; she can handle it. Life isn't perfect." And then he pulled her into a kiss.

Anna let it happen, but when they pulled away, the girl glared at her.
"Look at that, now I have an enemy. Your daughter hates me." Angel chuckled.
"She might now, my love, but she's her Daddy's girl: she'll come around to you eventually. Maybe we could invite her and her sister for dinner one night once we have our own place." Anna pulled away, rubbing her forehead.
"Angel, I have to leave. I'll give this some thought, but don't expect me to accept you with open arms." And with that, she ran out into the darkness and hopped on her broom once again, thoughts whizzing round her head.

The next morning, Anna was abruptly awoken once again, this time by a knock on the front door. She groaned and sat up, rubbing her head. Who was that and why were they calling at this time of the morning? She quickly shoved on her clothes and stumbled over to the door. The knocking was getting more insistent by the second. Finally she opened it to find Angel standing on her doorstep looking dishevelled, still in his clothes from last night. He let out a breath he didn't realise he was holding, his knocking hand dropping to his side.

"Angel?" was all Anna could manage.
"Anna, sorry if I woke you up. Anyway, I left Marisol last night. We had a massive argument and in the end, I just took the box I've had packed for the last week and walked all the way here. I parked my car on your drive, I hope you don't mind." Anna shook her head.
"It's fine - I don't have a car so - "
"I'm so sorry for all of this mess. I actually slept in my car all last night, because I didn't want to wake you. When it got to ten I thought I'd knock anyway... Anna, what I'm trying to say is, will you take me back? Can I move in with you? Maybe I can earn enough money for us to get a bigger house someday soon, but for now this is a palace, as long as I'm with you." Anna took in his face, his pleading eyes, his mussed suit and tie. And sighed.

"Okay. But do be warned, my cooking isn't the best so it's either pizza or salad for dinner..." But before she could finish her sentence, Angel had her in his arms and she was melting into his touch. They parted for a second and Angel cupped her head in his rough hands.
"I love you, Anna De Rosa. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise." Tears brimmed in her eyes; no one had ever said that to her before, never so sincerely.
"I love you too, Angel," she breathed, her eyes closing as he went in for another kiss.

The rest of the day passed in a blur. Angel went out to work at three and while he was out, Anna went to the hairdressers to get the new cut Beth suggested. It did really suit her, she had to admit. When Angel got home, Beth even gave him a makeover and showed Anna how to use her magic as an anti-ageing formula to allow him to age as she did. Then he encouraged her to try and make dinner.
"Look, it's my grandma's recipe for mac'n'cheese," he said, pulling out a crumpled piece of paper. "The instructions are really simple and if anything goes wrong, I'll be here to help you out." He swept the hair off Anna's face and she smiled at him, the security of his presence filling her up.
"Okay, then. I'll give it a go. But don't blame me if it tastes like puke."
She set to work and so far, everything was going fine. She'd weighed everything out correctly and was just making the cheese sauce. But then the familiar orange of flames started to fill the kitchen.

Not again!
"I'm sorry, Beth, I just can't help it! I swear the stove has a grudge against me!" Luckily, Angel heard her screams and came a-running, extinguisher in hand.

"Fudge! Anna when you said you were bad at cooking, I didn't realise that meant you set the house on fire!" Before long, though, the flames were gone and yet again, they were left with a blackened cooker which the insurance money wouldn't stretch to replace. But Angel turned, out of breath and met Anna's lips with his own.

"Don't ever do that to me again!" he breathed. "Thank Watcher you weren't wearing any polyester." He chuckled and Anna joined in.
"I guess it's pizza tonight, then."
"Looks like it."

They sat watching TV, the pizza box between them, and when it was finished, Angel pulled Anna on to his lap. She rested her head on his chest and smiled contentedly at the slow rise and fall. Finally, the programme finished and Anna somehow managed to turn it off with the remote, even though she was already half asleep. Angel slipped out from under her and helped her up. He led her by the hand towards her bedroom. Their bedroom. She was going to have to get used to that. Then in the kitchen, he stopped and turned back to her.
"Anna, I know this is sort of a bit late now," he started. "But will you be my girlfriend?" She nodded sleepily and he smiled before giving her one last kiss.

In bed, though, Anna couldn't seem to get to sleep. Images of the fire kept flying round her head and she wasn't sure why - it was over now: no one got hurt. So why did it fill her with so much pain? She rolled over onto her left side and stared at the wall. Then Angel rolled over and put his arm over her. It was heavier than she expected, but warm and safe. She relaxed and drifted off.

So yeah! Hope that was okay - I feel like some of it was kind of mixed up and parts felt a bit rushed, but I also felt like I had to get it out as I want to catch up with where I am on the game!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2016, 02:33:19 PM »
Aw! Yay for Anna!
I'm still not sure about Angel... but if he makes her happy that's all that matters! What a lovely chapter! I can't wait for the next chapter! Maybe there'll be some neon hair babies soon?

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2016, 03:03:35 PM »
Yeah. Something about Angel just isn't right. I'm not sure why. I can't wait for neon haired babies!

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2016, 11:15:33 PM »
Good for Anna. Hope Angel treats her right. Another stove burnt. I think it's time for them to work on their cooking skill. Looking forward for next update.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline AnnaBeth

• Secretly Tinkerbell
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: De Rosa Perfect Genetics Legacy: All Good Things Must Come to an End
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 04:11:50 PM »
Aw! Yay for Anna!
I'm still not sure about Angel... but if he makes her happy that's all that matters! What a lovely chapter! I can't wait for the next chapter! Maybe there'll be some neon hair babies soon?
Yeah. Something about Angel just isn't right. I'm not sure why. I can't wait for neon haired babies!
Yes, I didn't plan to write this chapter in a way that makes Angel suspicious, but as I was writing it, I got more suspicious of him myself! Perhaps it was me sub-consciously trying to soften the blow that will come in this chapter... And as for neon-haired babies - they are so cute! Can't wait for one to arrive  :D

Good for Anna. Hope Angel treats her right. Another stove burnt. I think it's time for them to work on their cooking skill. Looking forward for next update.
Yes, he's a good man, really; just hard to trust. And yes! In my game at the moment, I'm now at the part where Anna no longer sets the kitchen on fire every time she cooks so that's a relief!

All good things must come to an end

The next morning, Anna bounced out of bed and, feeling positive, decided to have one last go at cooking before she gave up forever. I mean, she did enjoy it - it just so far had always ended in disaster...

She frantically mixed the waffle batter, wisps of her hair falling loose. When it was smooth, she poured it carefully into the moulded tray and placed it into the oven, closing the door behind it. She stood up and crossed her fingers hard. Please don't catch alight, please don't catch alight, please don't catch alight! After cleaning up the work surface, Angel padded into the room, his hair all cute and dishevelled.
"Morning, baby," he said. Then he caught sight of the remains of the batter and raised his eyebrows worriedly. "You're trying to cook again?" Anna smiled and nodded.
"Yep. And they're almost done." And sure enough, right on time, the egg timer beeped. Anna turned it off and opened the oven. She removed the tray with her eyes half closed, wanting the vision of perfect waffles made by her to stay intact. Grabbing a plate, she shifted them all over on to it, her grin stretching from ear to ear.

"I did it, Angel! I made waffles!" Angel chuckled and gave a little round of applause.
"Well let's tuck in then!" And so they did.

The conversation over breakfast turned to their money problems. Only three simoleons remained in their bank account after replacing the stove Anna burnt yesterday.
"I mean, we both work and all, but I just don't think it's enough. My salary's pitiful and yours is only slightly better," Anna said, her good mood having disappeared after checking her balance.
"Yeah, I'm not sure what to do either, baby. It's a tough world."
*cough* *cough*
"What is it, Beth?"
Well, I told myself I wouldn't do this because it's kind of cheating and I'm not sure if it's allowed, but watching you live off a pittance is just depressing.
There was a slight pause. Anna frowned. What did she mean?
Check your bank balance now.
"Why? It'll just depress me more."
Just do it. Trust me.
Anna sighed and pulled out her phone. She brought up the banking app and put in her log-in details. What???!!! The balance was now way over two hundred thousand! More than enough to buy themselves a new house! She jumped up and pulled a confused Angel into a victory dance.
"What just happened, baby? I'm lost." Anna could barely get her words out to answer him.
"Beth got us a heap of money - look!" She pointed to the phone on the table which still showed a ludicrous sum. Angel's eyes widened.
"Watcher! How did she do that?" Anna giggled.
"I'm not too sure but, hey, it's money all the same!" Angel chuckled and joined in the dance.
Once the joy had died down to a respectable level, Angel volunteered to do the dishes while Anna searched for a new house.

"Ooo, that one looks cool. Ah, but it only has one bedroom... What about this farm-ey one?" She raised her voice. "Angel! Come see this house - I think it's the one." He jogged up behind her and put his head on her shoulder.
"Ooo, yes, that looks good. Go for that one." Anna clicked buy and bing! The house was theirs. She ran through to their bedroom and whipped their high school diplomas off the wall before changing into her clothes.
"Come on, Angel - let's go!" Angel grinned at her enthusiasm and obediently pulled on his shoes.
Half an hour later, they were on the other side of town, walking into a magnificent barn inspired house.

Once they'd settled in and placed the few things they'd brought from their old house, Angel settled down to read his book for work in the lounge...

...and Anna decided to acquaint herself with the fruit and vegetable plants growing in the backyard.

She actually turned out to be quite a natural, and it made her feel good because she was giving back to mother nature, in a way.

After dinner, the couple fell into each other's arms. And I think we all know what they did to christen the house...

Eventually, they fell into bed, exhausted and sleep came easily.
The next morning, Anna went downstairs to make breakfast - she was sure she could crack pancakes too.

When Angel woke up, he heard her cooking and left her to do it alone. Instead, he stayed in bed and read his book for work while he waited for her to finish.

Anna slipped the blackened pancakes onto the plate. Darn it.

And there was her car pool for work. Never mind. She could chuck them later. Running out the door, she shouted a quick bye up the stairs to Angel and jumped into the waiting car outside.
Angel padded downstairs and made his way into the kitchen, his belly rumbling. A plate of charred pancakes sat untouched on the side. He chuckled, his girlfriend's cooking skills (or rather lack thereof) the subject of the unsaid joke. He dutifully cleared up her cooking, a story about how he'd loved them already forming in his brain.

Then an idea popped into his head. He'd surprise her when she got home from work.

An important phone call later, he made some additions to the house... He also built a wedding arch in the backyard - he'd ask Anna to marry him that evening.

And before he knew it, the present had arrived - a small ball of fluff which went by the name of Noodle.

After carrying Noodle inside and introducing him to his bed, bowl and toy basket, Angel found himself in the lounge. The empty hearth stared at him from the other side of the room and he decided to light the fire. He was a bit chilly and rubbed his hands before warming them in front of the flames. He turned around to warm his back. All of a sudden, a spark flew onto his head and he instantly regretted wearing hair gel. He screamed as his head was engulfed in flames. Somehow, he managed to see the time on the mantelpiece clock - Anna would be home very soon. She'd put him out and they'd be laughing about this later. Finally, Anna arrived home and got to him just in time, wielding the extinguisher.

He was singed, but no more than that.
"Go and have a shower!" Anna shouted above the roar of the flames which had now taken hold of most of the lounge. "I'll deal with this - the fire brigade'll be here soon - I'll be fine!" Angel nodded and started to retreat up the stairs while Anna turned the extinguisher towards the roaring fire. But then he changed his mind. He was a man. He needed to at least help his girl, if not do it for her. He returned to the lounge and edged around to the other side of the fire - getting it from a different angle might help to extinguish it once and for all.

But then the worst happened. He caught fire once again. This time the flames spread all over his body quicker. Anna screamed. She ran over to him and sprayed him some more, but it was no good. Within ten minutes, her boyfriend was no more than a pile of ash.

What have I done? Well, actually, I didn't strictly 'do' this as the fire literally did happen out of the blue, but it was Angel who was the idiot who went back to try and extinguish the flames. Sorry this update has taken a while - I've just spent an age trying to sort out the photos - postimage was messing around so I ended up using imgur instead as it now works for me! *sigh* Technology, eh? Well, anyway, hope you enjoyed (well not too much, I hope) this update!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 04:51:50 PM »
Wow! That was an awesome update! Haha. That feeling always shows up when you kill a character. Poor Anna.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2016, 05:03:41 PM »
Oh my gosh!

Ok so I accidentally cheated. I usually do the "To Bottom" button and I saw Grim and got really sad... but Angel, you fool!
Perhaps Anna is pregnant? Man that's sad.

Yes, I didn't plan to write this chapter in a way that makes Angel suspicious, but as I was writing it, I got more suspicious of him myself! Perhaps it was me sub-consciously trying to soften the blow that will come in this chapter... And as for neon-haired babies - they are so cute! Can't wait for one to arrive  :D
As for writing Angel, welcome to the writing club. @mpart and I joke about this all the time. We want our characters to be a specific way and then suddenly they write themselves for us.
It's kind of a magical experience. XD

I can't wait to see how Anna handles the death of Angel.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2016, 09:12:59 PM »
Great update. The last part of Angel death was shocking. Poor Anna. Hope she come out of this trauma as soon as possible. Looking forward for next update.

by Swirl~Girl

Offline AnnaBeth

• Secretly Tinkerbell
  • Llama Wrangler
De Rosa Perfect Genetics Legacy: Jigsaws Suck
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2016, 01:18:34 PM »
Wow! That was an awesome update! Haha. That feeling always shows up when you kill a character. Poor Anna.
Thank you! And yeah, it took me about two days to actually get over the fact Angel died... Is that bad?  ;D

Oh my gosh!

Ok so I accidentally cheated. I usually do the "To Bottom" button and I saw Grim and got really sad... but Angel, you fool!
Perhaps Anna is pregnant? Man that's sad.

As for writing Angel, welcome to the writing club. @mpart and I joke about this all the time. We want our characters to be a specific way and then suddenly they write themselves for us.
It's kind of a magical experience. XD

I can't wait to see how Anna handles the death of Angel.
I know right! Angel was literally gonna be my legacy spouse, but I guess I'll have to find someone else now.  :( And aha yeah, I've heard people talk about doing that before, but never actually done it myself, but here we are!  :D

Great update. The last part of Angel death was shocking. Poor Anna. Hope she come out of this trauma as soon as possible. Looking forward for next update.
Thank you!  :D And yeah, it was shocking for me too as I didn't plan for it to happen! Anna should be fine eventually, but she does have some grief to get through, as I am about to tell you about...

Jigsaws Suck

Anna just stood there, frozen, for a good twenty minutes after Grim came, her eyes glued to the spot where her boyfriend had just disintegrated. Then, an ambulance whizzed past her house and the noise broke her out of her stupor. She had to get him back. She had to. She would. She'd heard that her great-grandma had used her magic to bring someone back from the dead by raising them as a zombie, then curing them. But Anna's magical abilities so far still only stretched as a good luck charm, so she needed to practice more.

Anna set to it, the only thing on her mind the image of Angel's face when he looked at her just before he died. She practised through the night, not stopping to do anything. She had to learn the re-animation spell. She had to. The sun rose and her eyelids drooped.
Anna, you need to sleep.
"Go away, Beth. I don't need to sleep - I just need to practice." Anna felt Beth dither in her mind, unsure whether to push it or not, before leaving her to her grief.

Anna stayed in a sort of spell-casting trance, flicking her wrists and chanting words over and over. She only snapped out of it when the sound of a car horn rang throughout the house. Her wand dropped to her side and she looked out of the window, frowning. Who was that? June, her co-worker, sat in her car outside the house. Anna swore. Her carpool! She had work today. But she wouldn't be able to face everyone so soon after the accident. All of a sudden, the guilt she felt for making June drive all the way out here for nothing, the smell of smoke that still lingered in the air and the full force of the grief she felt for Angel caught up with her and tears started pouring down her cheeks.

Eventually, she managed to stay calm for long enough to ring up the studios. The receptionist she met on her first day answered.
"Hello, Plumbob Film Studios, how can I help?"
"Um, hi, it's Anna." She sniffled back a wave of snot.
"Oh yes. Anna. The Best Girl. What can I do for you?" Anna gulped back fresh tears.
"Well, I'm really sorry, but I'm going to have to take some time off work."
"What's wrong, love?"
"Um, well, there was an accident and - " a sob escaped from her mouth, "a fire, and Angel..." Another sob came. She took a few breaths to calm herself and wiped her eyes. "Sorry about the crying. Can I have two days off please? I've got some, well, thinking to do." There was a pause at the other end.
"Honey, are you sure you're OK? Do you want me to send someone over?" He sounded worried now.
"No, no, I'll be fine. I just need some time to myself."
"Okay. Well, I've put you down for two days holiday. But you rest up, now and I hope you're feeling better soon."
"Thank you," Anna said, fighting another sob. She hung up. Right. She needed to get a grip. She took more deep breaths and wiped her sleeves under her eyes furiously until her cheeks were raw. First things first, put out the fire that was still burning in the hearth.

Check. Scrub all the ash out of the carpet. Check. Anna dropped the now black cloth into the bowl of murky water sitting beside her and sat back on her heels to admire her handiwork. She'd done a pretty good job actually. Then she used the dust pan and brush she'd brought in to sweep up those of Angel's ashes which hadn't made it into the urn that Grim left.

She tipped them carefully into the kitchen bin, a tear escaping down her cheek. She winced as the salt water washed over the blister she'd made earlier and dabbed at it with her sleeve. No more crying, she told herself. When she went back into the living room to retrieve the bowl of water, she nearly jumped out of her skin. A large black, brown and white poodle puppy was playing in the greyish water. When she jumped slightly in shock, it jumped out, shook itself off and looked up at her cheekily. Slowly, Anna knelt down, careful not to frighten it, and checked the label hanging around its neck.
Noodle Lobos
For my Anna.
Her hand flew to her mouth. Angel had bought her a puppy. Now she thought about it, she had wondered why there was a dog bowl in the kitchen. This bundle of fluff was his parting gift. She gave the animal a tentative smile and held her hand out for it to sniff.

It nosed her fingers cautiously, then decided she was safe and nuzzled her hand. Anna gave a watery laugh. It was so innocent. She caught sight of Angel's urn in the middle of the floor and stopped. She needed to find somewhere to put it. She would've put it on the mantelpiece, but she didn't want to put him right next to the thing that had killed him. Turning away from Noodle, she took the urn in her hands and held it to her chest.
"Where should I put you, then, baby?" She whispered to it. Then she had an idea. She could bury the urn in the garden, by the sunflowers, and put a gravestone above it. That decided, she walked out the back door and ran down the steps. It was getting dark now - she'd lost track of time. Then she looked up and her knees crumpled. A wedding arch stood at the end of the garden.

Angel had planned to marry her that weekend. He'd built them a wedding arch. A new wave of grief struck her and she let the tears flow again.
After about fifteen minutes, Anna's stomach groaned at her. She hadn't eaten since breakfast the day before. Dabbing at her sore cheeks, she pushed the urn into the ground and headed back into the house. Rummaging through the cupboards, all she could find was a can of soup. Here she was again, with nothing but canned soup for dinner.

When her bowl was clean, she rinsed it out in the sink and returned to the lounge. She picked up a book from the table on her way. It was a book her boss had asked her to read and, seeing as she wasn't going to be in for the next couple of days, she thought she might as well get ahead in the reading material. She sank into an armchair and began to read.

It was about eight o'clock when she heard noise outside. At first she dismissed it as just a raccoon, but then she heard an unmistakable 'Ow!' and 'Bleeding mailbox'. Anna closed her book and went to the door, treading carefully so as to not make any noise. She opened the door quietly and peered outside. There was a man dressed in army uniform. It was the soldier she met at her Leisure Party. Frowning, she approached him.
"Hey, what are you doing outside my house?" The man looked up from holding his toe which he'd obviously stubbed on the mailbox. He straightened up to talk to Anna.

"Um, hi. I'm Sherman. Sherman Bagley," he held out his hand for Anna to shake. "I was sent to check up on you because I volunteer for Samaritans and your boss said you sounded upset on the phone this morning. I came as soon as I could after my shift ended." Anna considered him, arms crossed.
"Why you? Why couldn't they have sent a woman?" she demanded, still unsure of this random man who'd turned up in her front yard.
"Well, they mentioned that you were English and I'm Irish so they thought it would be as close as a friendly face as they could get."
"And who are 'they'?"
"My supervisors at Samaritans. Look, I just came to check that you're OK. Are you?" Anna sighed.
"Yes, I'm fine, I told the receptionist at work that this morning. And now I'm gonna have to invite you in for a cup of tea, aren't I? Because that's the polite thing to do."
"Was that an invitation?"
"Yes! Now stop making me feel cold and come inside." Anna turned and walked back into the house. She showed Sherman into the lounge and then popped into the kitchen to turn the kettle on. Back in the lounge, Sherman was hovering, unsure what to do with himself. When Anna re-entered, he turned to her.
"So what happened? You can tell me, I won't tell anyone else if you don't want me to." One look at the sincerity on his face made Anna relax. And she found herself telling him everything. All the tiny details of her time in Riverview so far.

He just stood there, taking it all in, nodding at the right moments, and when she started to well up for what seemed like the gazillionth time, he produced a handkerchief - a handkerchief! - from his pocket.
"Hey, hey, don't cry." He pressed the soft hankie into her hand. "Do you want a hug?" He held out his arms and Anna nodded, scared that she'd start crying again if she said anything. She nestled into his chest and a few tears trickled onto his t-shirt. They stood there, in each others arms for a few minutes. Then Sherman held Anna out at arms length.
"You have got a hankie for the tears - you don't have to use my freshly washed uniform instead!" he said jokily. Anna managed a watery chuckle and obediently used the hankie to wipe her eyes.
"Thank you, Sherman. I really needed that hug."

They talked for ages, the topics ranging from their alma maters to family to the weather. It turned out that Sherman lived with his 'Ma', as he called her, and sister in a house across town. He also confessed to possessing magic too. Anna squealed at that.
"Really?! I thought I'd never meet another magic user!" Sherman smiled.
"Well here I am. Not used it much though, so I can't really do anything but shoot sparks from my fingertips."
"Oh, don't worry, I'll teach you. I haven't done much to improve my own skills, but I have this kind of Guardian Angel - please don't think I'm crazy - and she could help you."
"A Guardian Angel?"
"Yeah, well, she speaks to me telepathically and... you just think I'm going mad, don't you?" Sherman was looking at her strangely.
"Do you mean a Watcher?"
"Well, yeah, but she says that she's not that powerful yet." Sherman's jaw dropped.
"You're one of the Watched families?"
"Um... I guess so. What does that mean?"
"Your family never told you? It means that there's someone up there looking out for your family in particular. Watchers are few and far between so you're really lucky to have one." He beamed at her.
"Yes, but she's not a Watcher yet."
"Well, yeah, but she will be some day, I can tell you that much, and until then she'll act exactly like one so I don't see the difference."
"That's really cool! So you say she'll just look out for me?"
"Well, you and anyone in your household." Anna stopped for a minute.
"But what about Angel - if she's looking out for me, then why did he die?" Sherman sighed.
"Ah. There's the question to ask right there. Maybe Angel made a decision that she couldn't help which led to his death. I guess we'll never know. But let's stop talking about Angel - it'll only make you cry, and that's not something I want to see again if I can help it." Anna smiled up at him gratefully.
"Say, Sherman, what's your star sign?" she said softly. He smiled back at her.

"Scorpio. You?"
"Taurus!"
"We're compatible!" Anna frowned, but the smile stayed on her face.
"How did you know that? I thought guys weren't into that kinda stuff." Sherman rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed.
"Well, my ma's rather into it so I kind of end up absorbing it." Anna chuckled at his embarrassment.
"It's nothing to be ashamed of, I've just never met a guy who's reacted like that!" They laughed together, then Anna glanced at her watch. "Oh Watcher! It's so late! Er... do you want to kip here for the night, save you going home in the dark and then waking up your mum and sister when you get in?" He grinned.
"That'd be great, Anna, thank you."

She looked at the floor, feeling coy. Was this what love should feel like? Feeling guilty for asking herself that question so soon after Angel's death, Anna let her hands drop.
"Um, the spare room is the second door on the right when you go upstairs. I'll be in the room behind the first on the left." She hurried up the stairs and once she was in her room, shut the door and lent back against it. What had she got herself into?
Nothing. You've got yourself a lovely young gentleman.
"Beth!"
That's my name, don't wear it out.
Anna chuckled.
"Thank you."
What for?
"For leaving me earlier. I needed that time to pull myself together. And thank you for being my almost-Watcher." A laugh tinkled in Anna's head.
That's okay, my love. It's my pleasure. Now you get some sleep and you might be feeling up for work tomorrow, though you don't have to go.
"Okay. Maybe I will be up for it."
Good.
Anna smiled as she changed into her pajamas and slipped into bed. Not long after that, she heard footsteps come up the stairs. They hesitated at her door and her heart jumped at the thought of sleeping in Sherman's arms, but then they carried on down the corridor to the guest room. Smaller footsteps pattered up and came round through the bathroom. Noodle appeared, jumped up onto the bed next to Anna and promptly fell asleep. Anna grinned and stroked her hand through his fur before settling down under the covers, feeling glad that the receptionist had been so concerned.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2016, 01:39:51 PM »
Poor Anna!
She seems to be recovering with Sherman though! I really hope she gets some happiness.
Ah well, at least she has Noodle. Angel wanted to be sure she was taken care of before he stupidly let himself get lit on fire.

I'm going to be over here cheering for Sherman though. Woo! Go Sherman! Woo!
::)

Offline AnnaBeth

• Secretly Tinkerbell
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: De Rosa Perfect Genetics Legacy: When Will My Life Begin?
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2016, 05:19:48 AM »
Hey guys! So sorry I've left it ages again, but I promise I am still playing this Legacy regularly, it just takes time to write a whole chapter and I have exams and stuff which get in the way... The updates'll probably be more frequent after the 13th June as that's when my last exam is and I can relax ;D... Well kind of - then I have a show to do... So busy! But I will leave time for the lovely Anna, I promise.  :D

Poor Anna!
She seems to be recovering with Sherman though! I really hope she gets some happiness.
Ah well, at least she has Noodle. Angel wanted to be sure she was taken care of before he stupidly let himself get lit on fire.

I'm going to be over here cheering for Sherman though. Woo! Go Sherman! Woo!
::)
Yas, I got a Sherman fan! I was hoping it wouldn't seem too soon for Anna to have a new love interest, but after I recovered from the loss of Angel, I was literally just like 'I need a new legacy spouse!!!' and my attention turned to Sherman...  ;) And when you said the Angel 'stupidly let himself get lit on fire' it just made me laugh so much!  ;D Anywho, I better get on with the story!

When Will My Life Begin?

Anna woke up the next morning and smiled turning over to put her arm around Angel. But her arm just went through thin air and hit the soft sheets. She frowned, then she remembered and it hit her like a train. Angel was gone. Forever. Anna hugged her pillow, missing the closeness they shared. Footsteps padded down the hallway and her heart skipped before her brain caught up. It was Sherman. He was the Samaritans guy who'd helped her last night. He wasn't a burglar. He rapped on her door with her knuckles.
"Come in," she croaked, her voice adjusting to being used this morning. Sherman's face appeared round the door frame, his naked torso just visible. He looked at her, concerned.
"Are you okay, this morning?"
"Yep. I'm fine, thank you." His frown disappeared and and a warm smile replaced it.
"Well I'm just going to get some breakfast, so I'll be in the kitchen if you want to join me." Anna grinned.
"Okay." Sherman slowly disappeared and Anna heard him go down the stairs. She sat in bed for a few minutes, just relishing in Sherman's kindness. Then she heard a crash and thought she better help him out.
She stepped into the kitchen to find Sherman retrieving a plastic mixing bowl from the tiled floor. He turned around and looked at her guiltily.
"Hey, Anna. Um, I'm sorry, I was just about to make some pancakes and the bleeding bowl jumped out of me hand." He straightened up again and placed the bowl on the worktop. Anna stood there awkwardly, smiling to herself. Sherman just had this vulnerability and aloofness that Angel never did, and in some ways - in a lot of ways - she really liked that part of him.
"So, Sherman. I didn't ask you - are you okay this morning? Did you sleep okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good, thank you, Anna. I slept really well - you wouldn't think that was just the spare room!"
"Thank you! The bed actually just came with the house, but that's good that it's comfy." Sherman chuckled.
"Now, that it is." He checked his watch. "I better go now - I'm hosting a costume party tonight so I need to set some things up." He looked up at her. "Hang on a sec - did I already invite you?"
"Nope. This is the first I've heard of it."
"Well you're invited. Tonight, my house, four o'clock, in costume. You in?" Anna grinned.
"You bet!"
"Good," he said, heading back up the stairs. "And the costume better be good!" Anna chuckled to herself as she heard him getting changed upstairs.
And that's how Anna found herself standing in Sherman's front yard at four o'clock, wearing her scuba-diving gear.

"Why did I agree to this..." she muttered to herself.
Because you like him...
"Hey, I never said that!"
Yeah, but you thought it! Go for him - he's actually single this time - I checked.
Anna grinned.
"Shut up, Beth. You're the one who sent him, aren't you? Or at least you made sure it was him who came from Samaritans, not some middle-aged woman."
Hmm... Well I might've pulled a few strings, but he wanted to go - honest.
"Okay, well let's see what he thinks of my last minute costume; then I'll decide if I like him or not." She walked into the garage where the party was being held, fully expecting everyone to laugh. But the only person there to see was Sherman. He looked her up and down, a smile on his face.
"Anna! So glad you came - you look amazing by the way. Who knew scuba gear could look so good?" He winked at her and Anna's heart filled up. She couldn't resist any longer...

It surprised him, for sure, but it surprised her more when he kissed her back. She put her goggles on top of her head and sighed.
"Am I selfish for doing that so soon after Angel's de- disappearance?" she asked him, the bare truth of it still catching in her throat.
"No. Angel wouldn't want you to mope around for the rest of your life. Sure - if you'd gone out straight after he died and slept with a new guy, then that would be bad. But this is baby steps. Baby steps so you can recover." He planted a kiss on her forehead and she lay her head on his chest as they swayed to the music. There was a sound of water as someone poured out a drink and Sherman winced. Anna looked up, feeling his muscles tense.
"What?"
"Urgh, it's nothing, I just need a pee. But I can hold on - I want to stay with you." Anna pulled away chuckling.
"No, no, no! Don't you make yourself wet yourself at your own party just because of me - I'll be fine! No go!" She pushed him off towards the rest of the house and he grinned back at her.
"Okay, Miss De Rosa. Whatever you say." Anna smirked at his retreating form and muttered to herself.
"Miss De Rosa, eh?" she shook her head, then made her way into the next room where the music was coming from. She saw a few people round the corner dancing and decided to brave it herself. And when no one laughed or pointed, she felt the more accepted than she'd ever been.
The party went on and Anna danced through to the early hours, joined by Sherman when he came back from the toilet. Her heart soared - it was crazy how since Angel died, apart from the first 24 hours, she'd felt better than she ever had before - lighter, even. This was the true start of her life in Riverview.
When she finally got home, she fell into bed and sleep came as soon as her head hit the pillow.

Anna opened her eyes wearily, sun streaming through her curtains. The radio presenter on her alarm clock chatted animatedly, interviewing a film star. Anna smiled and took a deep breath. Time to get ready for work. She slowly got herself ready and went into the bathroom to brush her teeth. She spat in the sink and when she stood up, she stared at the fresh-faced woman who looked back at her. There were dark shadows under her eyes which hadn't been there before. She traced them with her fingertips, then looked again. This was a new part of her life, and it was going to be the best. She smiled at that thought and set off to work.
At work, everyone was very caring, and when they were filming a death scene, they suggested she go and collect their lunch instead. Happy they were thinking of her, Anna popped down to the local diner to do just that.

Everyone was very grateful for the offerings of greasy food and Anna ended up with an extra couple of chicken nuggets, courtesy of the director.
When she got home, Anna called out out of habit.
"Hey, I'm home!" her heart sank as her voice echoed around the empty house and loneliness hit her.
Hey, don't be lonely! You've still got me.
A smile played on Anna's lips.
"Yeah, but you're not... you're not here, Beth. If that makes any sense at all."
Yeah, I guess I know what you mean. I can't be there with you just yet. But why don't you phone Sherman? His shift should end soon.
Anna chuckled.
"You really want us to get together, don't you?"
Can't I wish for happiness for you? Is that so wrong?
"Well, no, it's just... Oh whatever, I give in!" Anna fished out her phone from her pocket and dialled in the number Sherman had given her last night. He picked up on the first ring and she smiled.
"Anna? Are you okay?"
"Hi, Sherman. Yeah, I'm okay. I was just wondering if you fancied coming round to mine tonight?"
"Thank God for that! For a minute there, I thought you were hurt."
"Nope, I'm absolutely fine! More than fine, to be honest."
"Good, good, that's really good."
"Yeah. So do want to come round or not?"
"Yep, sure do! I'll be there in a sec. See you in a minute!" And with that, he hung up. Anna stood there in the lounge for a bit, then got bored and sat on the stairs in the hall instead. She wanted to be right there when he rang the bell. And sure enough, a few minutes later he did. Anna jumped up and swung open the door, beaming.
"Hi, Sherman!" she said. They stood there, staring at each other for a good minute or two, unsure what to say. Then he broke the silence. He rushed in and wrapped Anna in a massive bear hug, holding her tight.
"Hi, Anna." When he finally released her, she shut the front door and retreated into the land, gesturing for him to follow her.
"So, Sherman. How are you?"

"I'm good, thanks, Anna. You?"
"I'm great! Everyone was really nice to me at work today, so it wasn't too bad going back."
"That's good! To be honest, though, I would've strung up anyone who hadn't been..." Anna giggled.
"Stop being so protective, it's making me feel like a damsel in distress who can't do anything for herself."
"Well, technically you were a 'damsel in distress' a couple of days ago..."
"Yes, but that was different."
"Yeah, I guess it was." Sherman looked down, feeling kind of awkward. When Anna saw his reaction, her heart just melted. She leaned into his built up chest and put her hands on his upper arms.
"It's okay. I feel better now." He looked up and their faces were just millimetres away. Anna could feel his breath on her face. Slowly, he closed the gap and their lips met.

Sparks flew in Anna's brain as they deepened the kiss, Sherman's arms wrapped around her, keeping her safe. When they finally came up for air, Sherman grinned.
"Anna?"
"Yes?"
"Would you do me the honour of being my girlfriend?"

Anna smiled.
"Of course I would, silly!"

She silenced any protests with another kiss. She brought her hand up to his cheek and stroked it tenderly. It was rough beneath her soft palm, stubble dotting his jawline. She sighed. It was all happening way too fast, but she liked it. She took a deep breath.
"Sherman?"
"Mmm?" Anna got down on one knee.
"I know this is against tradition, but it's a leap year, so this question falls to the women." Sherman's eyes widened. "Yes, I know this is fast, but there's nothing to stop us and I don't see any reason not to." She took another deep breath.

"Sherman, will you marry me?" She realised she didn't have a ring and fumbled around in her pocket for something that resembled one. She pulled out a ring of metal which had broken off her keys this morning and held it out to Sherman. He looked at it, then Anna, then it again.
"Yes, Anna, yes! With all my heart!" He held out his hand for the keyring and Anna slipped it on. They kissed once more, souls soaring, only interrupted by the rumble of Sherman's belly. They both chuckled.
"I'll go make some dinner," Anna announced. "What do fancy?"
"Whatever's available, really."
"Well, I was going to make some carbonara tonight - is that okay?" Sherman grinned at her.
"If it's made by you and it's food, then of course it's okay." Anna beamed and retreated to the kitchen. When she disappeared, Sherman turned around and almost tripped over a small, fluffy dog. "Oops!" He knelt down to introduce himself.

"Hello, little one. Now you must be..." he held the dog's collar between his finger and thumb. "Noodle?" The dog barked, confirming this. Sherman smiled. "Well, hello, Noodle. Nice to meet you." He let it sniff his hand and it seemed to like him.
Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Anna was hard at work.

She needed to make this right and not burn it. It was Sherman's first meal in this house and their first meal as fiancés so it needed to be amazing. She took a whiff of the creamy sauce and smiled. It smelled perfect.
Sherman, on the other hand, had been deserted by Noodle, who'd gone to eat his own food, and had turned his attention to his magic.

Now he was part of the household, Beth was able to instruct him.
Now, flick your wrist like that, no the other way...
Finally, dinner was ready. Anna called Sherman to the table and took her plate of food to the table. Sherman came in from the lounge and went into the kitchen to grab his own plate. But before he could even get to the table, Anna had already finished!

Dayum, girl, you eat fast!
"Hey, I was hungry, alright!"
After Sherman had finished his plate of carbonara, and Anna had cleared the plates, the couple retreated to bed, this time with Sherman in Anna's bedroom.

And as they lay together, slowly drifting off, all Anna could think of was her wedding.

So yeah, there you go! Hope you all enjoyed it, and I hope it doesn't seem too rushed - it literally took me ages to write this as I kept getting distracted! Happy reading!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2016, 02:37:36 PM »
Oh yay! An update!

I'm happy Anna's got Sherman! Can you sell the fireplace? I'd hate for another lover of her's to light himself on fire... >.>

That was a fantastic chapter! Don't apologize! I love reading about Anna's life and I love the way you tell the story! =)
Also, go kick those final's butts! I did with mine! Hi-yah!

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2016, 10:09:17 PM »
Awesome update. Happy for Anna. She finally got someone. Hope Sherman turn out to be a great partner to Anna. And thank god, no fire in this update. Looking forward for next update.

by Swirl~Girl

Offline AnnaBeth

• Secretly Tinkerbell
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2016, 01:50:27 PM »
Oh yay! An update!

I'm happy Anna's got Sherman! Can you sell the fireplace? I'd hate for another lover of her's to light himself on fire... >.>

That was a fantastic chapter! Don't apologize! I love reading about Anna's life and I love the way you tell the story! =)
Also, go kick those final's butts! I did with mine! Hi-yah!
Omg! So cool that people are waiting for updates!  ;D I'm so happy she's got him, too - he just seems more down to earth and therefore more Anna's type, than Angel. As for the fireplace, I did actually consider it, but then thought that it added to the appearance of the house.  ;D But it is never being lit again, I can assure you!
Thank you so much, though! I'm still in awe that you're actually reading my little story as I've been reading the Reapers for who knows how long.  ;D
And as for my exams, I've only got two so it shouldn't be too bad, but they're both essay subjects so revision is key. Plus well done for doing well with yours!

Awesome update. Happy for Anna. She finally got someone. Hope Sherman turn out to be a great partner to Anna. And thank god, no fire in this update. Looking forward for next update.

Thank you! I'm going to try to put another one up tomorrow, but it might end up being Monday as I have work. Yeah, I think we can all agree that Anna and Sherman are so much better together than her and Angel!

Thank you so much to everyone who's read this, even if you haven't commented - it's crazy how many views it's got in the sort time it's been up!