Author Topic: De Rosa Perfect Genetics Legacy  (Read 18721 times)

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
Re: De Rosa Perfect Genetics Legacy
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2016, 09:19:13 PM »
Awww! Welcome to Nuala and Pluto!
Don't ask about how many tries it took @mpart to get her heir for generation 4. Just... don't ask.
She's still recovering from that one (I believe it was upwards of 10 children). I'd have to ask her again though.

Here's hoping it does not take upwards of 10 children! :P ;D
I love Anna and Sherman and I can't wait to see how their genes mix!

12 children..after awhile I started deleting them. One of the children in the house nearly froze to death and was close to being taken away. Sim children scare me now. I didn't realize I had freewill off. Anyways, the first two children are adorable! I wish you the best of luck in getting the heir!

Offline AnnaBeth

• Secretly Tinkerbell
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2016, 02:04:04 PM »
Glad you are back with an update. Beautiful nooboos Nuala and Pluto. They are adorable. Can't wait to see more of their toddler pictures.
Yay! Me too tbh :) And ohmigosh, I know - Pluto's eyes are just to die for! Will have a load of toddler spam in the next update  ::)

Aww!
Nuala and Pluto are adorable. I get it about them not being the heir… One of my sims before I joined the forum, Alysse Blake, Had three sets of triplets before the heir was born! That household was chaos.
You had me worried when Sherman kept fixing that dishwasher. I was like, "Don't get electrocuted, don't get electrocuted… Yay! He's still alive!"
Urrgghh tell me about it. In my previous perfect genetics legacy which I did for fun, I ended up having to cheat and tweak my sims as I literally had the maximum amount of sims in the household. Hope I won't have to do that for this one...
And as for Sherman fixing the dishwasher, I literally didn't think of that until you said it! XD Thank God he didn't die as well - I don't think I could cope, let alone Anna.

Don't ask about how many tries it took @mpart to get her heir for generation 4. Just... don't ask.
She's still recovering from that one (I believe it was upwards of 10 children). I'd have to ask her again though.

Oh my gosh yeah I remember reading that!  ;D Hoping it won't come to that tho... Fingers crossed!

I just caught up on this story and I'm loving it so far! Poor Angel-- his death was so sad, but I'm glad it brought Anna and Sherman together. The babies are adorable too! I'm not sure what the rules are for a perfect genetics legacy; why can't either of them be the heir?
@peachjam
I'm not AnnaBeth, but the Perfect Genetics challenge is based off of all the heirs having the same coloring as the founder (so her neon hair and her eye color is typically the common choices for heir).
Neither of the kids have that combination naturally, so neither count as the heir.
Hey @peachjam! Glad you're enjoying it  ;D and yeah, as I've said before, it took me a few days to actually get over Angel's death and decide what to do  :'(
As Liv said though, a perfect genetics legacy centres on a founder with unusual hair and eye (and skin if you're really adventurous!) colours so in the basis of this story, Anna's heir would have to have bright pink hair and those striking blue-green eyes. Another rule for perfect genetics is that your heirs have to have the Hates Children trait, but I don't really see the point in that as I don't think it really does anything apart from give them a slightly bad moodlet when around children. Plus it would just make everything more chaotic (I know that's what it's supposed to do, but oh well , I don't like using it  ;D)!

12 children..after awhile I started deleting them. One of the children in the house nearly froze to death and was close to being taken away. Sim children scare me now. I didn't realize I had freewill off. Anyways, the first two children are adorable! I wish you the best of luck in getting the heir!
;D Yeah I remember that! But I don't even know how to delete them hence the fact that before I've cheated and tweaked them instead because I couldn't fit any more sims in the household! But thank you, I think I'm gonna need it!  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline peachjam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2016, 11:35:30 AM »
Ooh, thanks @LivvieLove and @AnnaBeth! That's such a cool challenge. I totally hear you about skipping on that Dislikes Children trait, though. I imagine it will get chaotic enough without it :).

Offline AnnaBeth

• Secretly Tinkerbell
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2016, 12:33:32 PM »
Ooh, thanks @LivvieLove and @AnnaBeth! That's such a cool challenge. I totally hear you about skipping on that Dislikes Children trait, though. I imagine it will get chaotic enough without it :).
That's fine! Plus it IS pretty cool tbh as the main thing I like about sims is the genetics - I like finding out what my sims' kids look like, so when one of them has cool hair and eyes, it makes it all the more interesting!  ;D

Something I forgot to add last time was the twins' traits, so here they are:
Nuala: Good and Clumsy
Pluto: Insane and Neurotic
Now that's done, let's get on with the update! Fyi tho, this chapter is more gushing over cute nooboos than actual writing, but I'm sure you'll still enjoy it anyway  ;)

Toddler Life

The next few days went past in a blur for the De Rosa family. The snow thickened outside, while they played, taught and learnt in the warm.

Tickling was a regular occurrence, sometimes resulting in wet nappies, and the claw made an appearance too, much to Pluto's surprise.

Anna and Sherman spent hours and hours teaching the twins basic skills. How to talk came first:

"Politicians make a lot of money, but that doesn't mean they're happy." Nuala nodded back at Daddy, unsure what this meant exactly.

Later on, she even attempted a few words herself.
"Darling, books go on the bookshelf, yes? Can you say that, Nuala?"
"Book on bookself, Daddy!"
"Yes, that's right! Good girl!"

"Daddy likes to run on the treadmill; can you say that, Nuala?"
"Daddy like treadmill!"
"Wow! You're a pro at this, little one!"

And don't think Pluto missed out on the action! When the twins were finally chatting away as if they'd always known how to talk, it was time to learn how to walk. Luckily, Anna had ordered some walkers to help so she had time to eat.

"I'm so hungry! All this toddler-watching is exhausting."
I did warn you...
Finally, it came around to learning to use the potty.

And after countless emptying of messy potties and a few accidents, both twins were finally able to haul themselves onto the potty on their own.
Eventually, Snowflake day was upon them and Anna took some time to herself to make a few phone calls for the twins' first experience of the winter holiday.

The party was set to start that afternoon at around five, although everyone knew people would arrive at least an hour early. While Beth set up some space for gifts, the De Rosas could finally relax. Sherman gave Noodle some much needed attention.

The twins had breakfast and finally got to play with the toys Anna had bought.

And Anna started on the mountains of laundry that she and Sherman had left while they were educating the twins.

But she did notice something strange about her small vegetable garden.
"Beth?"
Yes?
"What's up with my plants? I know it's winter and they're supposed to be dormant, but they look dead to me."
Er.. well...

Nothing...
"Huh. I guess I'll just see when they've thawed out."

Soon enough, the guests had arrived and the gifts piled up on the lounge floor. Everyone gathered round ready for the present-opening.

Everyone was happy with their presents although someone did send Sherman some coal as a joke.

After a few days of craziness, Sherman and Anna had only thing on their mind once they'd put the twins to bed...

More nooboos!

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2016, 08:15:23 PM »
Awesome update. Love seeing all those toddler training, especially the talking :). The toddlers are adorable. And wow, more nooboos. Can't wait to see them. Looking forward for next update.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2016, 08:27:57 PM »
No complaints about the toddler-spam here! They're so cute! I can't wait to see more babies! Hopefully you get your little heir soon! It sounds like Anna and Sherman had a rough few days! ;D
I love how Noodle gets a bit of time in the spotlight, having twins around is pretty rough for a dog!

Offline AnnaBeth

• Secretly Tinkerbell
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2016, 09:36:09 AM »
Awesome update. Love seeing all those toddler training, especially the talking :). The toddlers are adorable. And wow, more nooboos. Can't wait to see them. Looking forward for next update.

Aha thank you! And that's good because I thought it might be a bit of a dull chapter due to me kind of straying away from my way of writing, but ho-hum, toddler pictures are so cute!  ::) Yes! More nooboos on the way! Anna needs an heir...  ;D

No complaints about the toddler-spam here! They're so cute! I can't wait to see more babies! Hopefully you get your little heir soon! It sounds like Anna and Sherman had a rough few days! ;D
I love how Noodle gets a bit of time in the spotlight, having twins around is pretty rough for a dog!

Yay again! Pluto's eyes just get me every time!  ;D And yeah, me too! Aw yeah, I thought I'd add a little pic of Noodle, just to show he hadn't been forgotten.  ;)

Building a Family

The day after Snowflake Day, the De Rosas woke up bleary-eyed and bloated from the celebrations the night before. The twins yelled from their cribs, but after sorting them out, Anna and Sherman went back to bed for a bit, letting them play.

At about 11, Anna woke up again, a terrible feeling in her stomach. She needed to get to a toilet. Now.

She wiped her mouth and groaned. She hated throwing up - the feel of all that food coming back up, the burn of her throat afterwards - it just made her feel horrid. Suddenly, she was surrounded by sparkles.

"Aw, hello little one," she whispered to her belly.
Little ones.
"Again?"
Yep. 'Fraid so! It means there's more chance of you having the heir though, so quit complaining.
Anna chuckled to herself. Yes, that was what her mother had told her too. She had the pass on her unusual hair and eyes to one of her children else their line would die out.

A cup of strong coffee later, Anna went back up to the nursery.

"You're gonna have a baby sister or brother soon, my little Pluto. Are you excited?"
He answered with a cheeky grin. It was their birthday today and once Sherman had woken up, Anna sent him to the grocery store for supplies.

When he got back, the four of them were all ready in the kitchen. Sherman unpacked the confetti cakes he'd bought onto the kitchen side. Anna picked up Nuala as he lit the candles and helped her blow them out.

Then Sherman picked up Pluto for his turn.

They both headed straight to the dresser in their newly decorated room to pick out new clothes.

Nuala rolled the Neat trait like her Dad, and Pluto ended up with Perceptive. Future detective perhaps?

The next morning, Anna found herself sitting on the sofa quietly reading.

Sherman had gone to work and the twins had gone on the school bus at 8:30 for their first day of school.

Gosh, they were growing up quickly. Suddenly, Anna felt something wet nudging her hand. She looked up from the pages of her book to find Noodle looking up at her, his chocolate brown eyes begging for a cuddle. She sighed and grinned at him before folding the page of her book and putting it on the coffee table. Noodle climbed on to her lap and snuggled down.

Anna sat there stroking him for a bit, but then he got fidgety. She frowned and looked down at him. He rolled over onto his back and looked at her pleadingly. She chuckled and obliged, running her fingers through his white downy fur.

After going for a wee for about the tenth time that day - these nooboos were really pressing on her bladder - Anna's thoughts turned to magic. She hadn't practised her extra skills in a while and they had to be up to scratch to be able to tutor her children when they came of age. Pulling out her wand, she shot a few sparks from the tip and began going through her repertoire.

It wasn't long before the twins arrived home from Elementary School, homework in their hands. Anna smiled at their stories and sat them down at the dining table to work together on their work for tomorrow.

When Sherman returned from work, they all sat down for their first proper family dinner.

Later that evening, when the twins were in bed, Anna cleared away the dirty dishes. She carried them through to the kitchen and started stacking them in the dishwasher when she felt a sharp pain. She winced, but carried on - it was probably nothing. Sherman came in then with the rest of the plates. He took one look at her pained expression and rushed to her side, dumping the plates on the side.
"Sweetie? Is it the baby?"
All Anna could manage was a nod.
"Well, I'm going to take you to the hospital this time. I want to be able to be there for you, but be relaxed because you're in good hands."
"Hey! Beth wasn't that bad!"
"Well yeah, but I can't see Beth, and I'd like to have that visual assurance." Anna chuckled until another contraction hit her. Sherman put his arm around his wife and helped her out to the car. He opened the door with one hand and helped Anna to slowly ease herself into the passenger seat. He sent a quick text to a local babysitter and got into the driver's seat.

They got the the hospital just in time, and soon enough, two more beautiful babies were lying in cots by Anna's bed: Mariam and Rohan. After a short nap, they brought the twin girls home.

The next day, it was time for them to age up. Mariam came first:

Then it was Rohan's turn:

Mariam rolled Vegetarian and Excitable and Rohan got Loves the Cold and Party Animal. Unfortunately, once again, neither can be the heir so I guess we keep going!

Just to recap, Anna and Sherman's kids are as follows:
Nuala - Good, Clumsy and Neat. Spare.
Pluto - Insane, Neurotic and Perceptive. Spare.
Mariam - Vegetarian and Excitable. Spare.
Rohan - Loves the Cold and Party Animal. Spare.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline peachjam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2016, 01:13:26 PM »
Yay, more babies! I hope you get your heir soon, but in the meantime, I'm definitely enjoying all the adorable nooboos and toddlers. :)

In other news-- that cat shirt! Is that in the store? (Is that in a RL store? Preferably in my size?)

Offline AnnaBeth

• Secretly Tinkerbell
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2016, 01:26:42 PM »
Yay, more babies! I hope you get your heir soon, but in the meantime, I'm definitely enjoying all the adorable nooboos and toddlers. :)

In other news-- that cat shirt! Is that in the store? (Is that in a RL store? Preferably in my size?)

Omg yes cuteness overload! As for the cat top - it's actually a sweater! I got it from sims resource as cc and it comes in a pack of three printed sweaters by SweetDreamszzzzz. Glad to know someone likes the cc I spent hours installing!  ;D

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2016, 02:50:49 PM »
The kids are adorable! Good luck getting the heir! Nuala reminds me a little of Mercy as a child.   :)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2016, 07:21:36 PM »
Awww, still no heir I see... good luck with that!
I love the babies anyways. They're all so adorable! Poor Anna though, that's a lot of kids to have. Hopefully the next batch will yield some more favorable results!

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2016, 09:19:00 PM »
Yeah, new nooboos. Myriam and Rohan looks adorable. Can't wait to see more of their toddler pictures. Sadly, they cannot be the heir. So, all the best wishes to Anna and Sherman to have the heir next time. Looking forward for next update.

by Swirl~Girl

Offline AnnaBeth

• Secretly Tinkerbell
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2016, 09:39:46 AM »
The kids are adorable! Good luck getting the heir! Nuala reminds me a little of Mercy as a child.   :)
Aw they so are! It's one of my favourite things about Sims - the unbelievably cute kids.  ;D Thanks for the luck, imma need it tbh  :-\ But aha, that's cool! I'm pretty sure she wants to be in the army like her dad and follow the Bagley tradition, seeing as she's not the heir.

Awww, still no heir I see... good luck with that!
I love the babies anyways. They're all so adorable! Poor Anna though, that's a lot of kids to have. Hopefully the next batch will yield some more favorable results!

Yep, still no pink hair  :( I think it might be because when I made Anna, I forgot I was doing neon hair and just gave her my own hair colour. I changed it in the mirror, of course, but when my nooboos ended up with black and brown hair, I started to panic that this would mean I wouldn't get an heir! But never fear, the heir will be arriving soon!  ;)

Yeah, new nooboos. Myriam and Rohan looks adorable. Can't wait to see more of their toddler pictures. Sadly, they cannot be the heir. So, all the best wishes to Anna and Sherman to have the heir next time. Looking forward for next update.

Yeah, they're so cute! It's weird actually, Rohan as a kid really reminds me of my cousin, so we'll see how that turns out.  ;D And as I said above, the heir is on its way!  ;D

Offline AnnaBeth

• Secretly Tinkerbell
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2016, 11:01:05 AM »
Gratefulness is Key

As soon as Nuala and Pluto were off to school, Anna and Sherman turned their attention to the girls. Sherman sat down in the kitchen with Mariam and started on teaching her to talk.

"So. Mariam. If you get a job, you'll be able to get enough money to eat and have a nice house." She looked at him quizzically. "No? Well, how about this then - when you cut yourself you have to use a plaster. Can you say that? Plaster?"

Mariam giggled at him and stuck her thumb in her mouth. Sherman sighed. "Oh dear. This is going to be a long day, I can tell."
"Plaster, Daddy! Plaster!" Sherman looked up at his daughter's beaming face, her eyes looking for his approval.

He grinned and gave her a round of applause.
"That's it, my love!"
Meanwhile, in the dining room Anna was teaching Rohan, subtly passing on her romantic-ness.

"Can you say love, my darling? It feels like... it feels like your heart is... glowing, you know?" Rohan looked up at her mother with a smile.
"Love! Heart gowing!" she said, pleased with herself. And, lucky her, she got her own little round of applause.

Later that evening, while Anna was putting the twins to bed, Sherman turned to a workout DVD provided by work.

Meanwhile, a zombie was enjoying Anna's pride and joy...

When Anna came into the kitchen to get Rohan, she just had to get out her phone.

Noodle was sniffing out the new addition to the house and Rohan had her hands in his soft fur. Anna smiled as she snapped a picture. How did she end up being so lucky?
Because you have me!
Anna laughed. "Thanks for the input there, Beth. Are you always snooping around my head?"
No. Well, not always. Sometimes I like to see life from Sherman's point of view. And now Nuala and Pluto are kids, I get to see life at their level too.
"So you've got quite a busy time then?"
Yeah, pretty much! I've got to make sure you're all happy, you know? Can't have miserable people living in this house.
"Well... thank you Beth. It's nice to know you're up there, looking out for us." And although she couldn't see Beth, Anna got the impression that she was smiling down on them all.
Once Noodle had turned back to his squeaky hot dog, Anna gathered up Rohan, who snuggled sleepily into her chest, and headed up to the nursery. She carefully tucked in a half asleep Rohan into her cot next to her sister's. Anna watched them both for a few minutes, admiring how their little chests rose and fell all on their own. The door creaked behind her and Sherman appeared at her shoulder, sweaty from his work out.
"Aw, they're just too cute, eh?" he whispered into her ear. Anna smiled and looked up at her husband.
"Course they are - they're your daughters!" she whispered back. Sherman smiled back down at her.
"And yours." He lowered his face so that their lips met. Anna smiled through the kiss.
"But you know we need to keep going, right? We need an heir." Sherman winked at her.
"Fine by me." They headed back into their room for some private time.

Early the next morning, they were woken by the cries of Mariam. Anna groaned and threw the covers off her legs. Sherman was doing the same beside her. She turned to him, bleary-eyed.
"Hey, you stay here. It's fine - I'll go."
"Are you sure, my love?"
"Yeah. I'll be fine," she said, stumbling sleepily over to the nursery.

After sorting out Mariam with her breakfast mush, Anna made some fresh pancakes.

She chuckled to herself, remembering a time when she couldn't cook anything without setting the kitchen on fire. When they were done, she let Mariam out of her high chair. Sherman came down with Rohan, having been woken by the smell of cooking pancakes. He put Rohan down to play with her sister and grabbed a plate with Anna.

Once breakfast was eaten, attention turned back to the girls' skills. Anna carried on teaching Mariam the art of talking, specialising in how to beg for a promotion.

While Sherman took Rohan back up to the nursery for some father-daughter time...

Learning how to use the potty.
But Mariam's lesson was interrupted when Anna had to run to the toilet, a familiar nausea setting in.

And sure enough, that night her suspicions were confirmed.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2016, 11:27:16 AM »
Awesome update. Myriam and Rohan look ado-rable while toddler training. Like your concept on speech bubbles. 'Begging for promotion' one was hilarious. And yay, another nooboo expecting. Hope it is the heir this time. Looking forward for next update.

by Swirl~Girl