Author Topic: [BUGS] Compilation of Bugs Since Latest Patch  (Read 9618 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
[BUGS] Compilation of Bugs Since Latest Patch
« on: October 29, 2016, 06:53:01 PM »
Just a quick post about the latest patch (10/27/16 Patch Notes here PC Version 1.24.102.1020 / Mac Version 1.24.102.1220) 

A lot of bugs have been reported across the interwebs. From games not saving to bag lag to various traits related animations not working as they should. Our index list of bugs is below.

Currently SimGuruNick and SimGuruArvin are asking for game saves over on the Official USA Forums so they are aware of the issues and are looking into them.

I thought it might be useful if we made one post about some of the issues and then we can up date it with workarounds and/or fixes as they come to light. Please just add anything you think may be useful or any bugs you have encountered.  :) I'll tidy the thread up as we go.

Remember the golden rule of removing all mods and cc before doing anything else and then testing your game again.  :)

Edited: As of November 15 2016 Patch 11/15/2016 – PC Version 1.24.112.1010 / Mac Version 1.24.112.1210 many bugs have been fixed. I have edited the bug list to show this. Please leave a post if you are still having issues in any NEW game since the patch. (Remember some fixes are not retroactive and will only apply to new games since the patch.)

Index of Bugs

If you have encountered any bugs that you want added to this list, please post below. :)

Games Not Saving
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27332.msg452843#msg452843

On First Starting up the Game... it just Never Loads
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27332.msg452846#msg452846

Lot types in Granite Falls can only be Rental or National Park
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27332.msg452859#msg452859

Executron Executive Desk Throne - doesn't work!
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27332.msg452860#msg452860

Neighborhood Lots Can Not be Visited, End Up At Neighborhood Screen
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27332.msg452861#msg452861

Can't Graft Onto Plants Anymore
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27332.msg453194#msg453194

Sims Leaving The Bed in Naked Outfit
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27332.msg453456#msg453456
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Games Not Saving
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 06:54:07 PM »
Games Not Saving: work around:

Go into Manage Worlds and then back into live mode and your game should save.

People have also reported that going into build mode can do the same when the game refuses to go into Manage Worlds.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Game Freezing Especially When Using/Accessing The Gallery
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 06:57:05 PM »
Game Freezing Especially When Using/Accessing The Gallery: Fixed 11/15/2016 – PC Version 1.24.112.1010 / Mac Version 1.24.112.1210 patch

Things To Try:
Try switching  between 32 bit mode and 64 bit mode and see if one of those modes helps more than the other mode.

Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
Or change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 64-bit”

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Bad Game Lag
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 07:00:00 PM »
Bad Lag: Things to try:

It seems the Tray folder can be responsible for some of this. Try moving your tray folder to the desktop , then test to see if the issues remain.

Play off-line.

If it helps, then just put back into the new tray folder that has been generated in the sims 4 folder, the files of the sims and builds that you want or need to still have in your library. You can put the files back into the tray folder as you want to use the sims or builds in your game, then take them out again afterwards.

Of course this means spending some time sorting through all the houses and families that are important to you.

@MrsFlynn can you link your wonderful guides about zipping/saving the Tray Folder?

Zipping/Saving The Sims 4 Tray Folder

1. Navigate to Sims 4\Tray folder:
C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray

2. Right-click on the Tray Folder -> Compressed (zipped) folder from the menu.

3.  *Optional* Rename the resulting .zip file.

4.  Move the resulting .zip file to a backup folder, flash drive or external hard drive.

Click on the posts linked below if you want to learn how to backup saved game files and organize the files in your Tray folder.

How-To: Save game files for Backup
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25262.msg428632#msg428632

How-To: Organize the Files in the Tray Folder
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26535.msg442817#msg442817

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
On First Starting up the Game... it just Never Loads
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 07:04:47 PM »
On First Starting up the Game... it just Never Loads: Things To Try

Removing all your mods and CC

Renaming all your CC so there are no special characters, numbers, spaces etc

Repairing Your Game: Origin >  Games Library > right-click The Sims 4 > Repair Game

A Factory Reset: Link to How-To

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 08:46:21 PM »

This bug has been confirmed by SimGuruNick and has been reproduced, so a fix is likely.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Neighborhood Lots Can Not be Visited, End Up At Neighborhood Screen
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 08:51:23 PM »
Neighborhood Lots Can Not be Visited, End Up At Neighborhood Screen: Work around:

This seems to be solved by removing/resetting the Tray Folder.

I moved the tray folder to my desktop. Started the game and a new tray folder was generated. Exited the game. Then I put back the files from the tray folder that was on my desktop (they are the files of the sims and builds that you want to have in your game).

*Note if you have a large tray folder as I do, leaving it out to sort through later is another option. The new Tray Folder will just remain empty until you either save a new sim or lot etc or until you move the old files back.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Game Freezes -- In Build Mode
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 12:24:57 AM »
Game Freezes -- In Build Mode *fixed* as of patch 11/15/2016 – PC Version 1.24.112.1010 / Mac Version 1.24.112.1210

I was building a big house today.
After about 10 minutes in build mode, I pressed the alt key to switch to my desktop.  Then, I pressed the alt key again, and the game unfroze.  It happened every 10 minutes.

It seems the Tray folder can be responsible for some of this. Try moving your tray folder to the desktop, then test to see if the issues remain.*

*edited by Playalot to keep the thread tidy*

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: [BUGS] Compilation of Bugs Since Latest Patch
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 02:30:39 AM »
I'm having an issue with photographs and paint from reference. Since the patch, all of my photos come out black and all paint from reference attempts show up as blank canvases. Anybody else?

(I did clear caches, repair game, and tested a fresh save with no mods or cc.)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Paintings From Reference and Photos Showing as Blank when Placed
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 03:31:14 AM »
Paintings From Reference and Photos Showing as Blank when Placed *fixed* as of patch 11/15/2016 – PC Version 1.24.112.1010 / Mac Version 1.24.112.1210

There is an issue with paintings and photos not transferring from the Gallery as well.

The Open Bug Report is here

I'm assuming it is related. @FrancescaFiori  The only other thing I can think of is if you changed the size of the UI as that causes these issues as well as auras to not function on emotional paintings.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2016, 02:25:17 PM »
I think the below screenshot depicts a bug from the most current patch, but I don't know what it is (the orange thing in the air).  How might I fix this?  :-\

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 05:54:48 PM »
@coolsim9999999  umm *stares at screenshot*  :o I think that coming out of the game might be enough to sort that visual glitch out. The usual, of course, check any mods for compatibility etc (although I don't think you use any?). Post back if it happens again and wasn't just a one off occurrence. If it continues to happen it could be a tech thing like your drivers need up dating but we'll pull @MrsFlynn  in on that as I stumble through tech stuff.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2016, 07:21:46 PM »
@coolsim9999999

That looks like a graphics glitch to me. I'm thinking that doesn't have to do with the latest patch. Drivers may need to be updated.

Go to your computer maker's website to check for updates to the card's software.

More information in the link below:

Make Sure Drivers Are Up To Date
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg401681#msg401681

If the drivers have been updated, check to see if the graphics glitch is happening in any other game or it happens more frequently, the card may need to be replaced.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2016, 08:37:31 PM »
Hi @Playalot and @MrsFlynn.  I will see if my game does that again tonight or tomorrow, and I'll let you know.  I just updated my drivers. 

I will check other games, although, my other games are solitaire, etc. --- except for the new version of Oregon Trail (from 2000 --- you can fish).  Thanks so much, though! :)

That house (a big house on Oracle Point) is actually in a new game --- that's the only lot I've built on, and I only made a family of 4.  So, I don't know what my main game with my main household and their friends and neighbors (120 Sims total).  I'll check my main game after major lag and freeze bugs are fixed because it has so many of my lots and some of them have tons of items.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2016, 07:43:49 AM »
Adding two here.

First, I made a couple in CAS about a couple of weeks ago, in spite of being married they always spin whims to get engaged or married, I mean really, come on guys, lol, did you forget that you are married?!  ::)

Second, the kids night light that is supposed to keep away the monsters is no longer working, now all my kids are getting woken up by the monster under the bed even with the night light on. This wouldn't be so bad if it didn't happen EVERY night and if they didn't wake up EVERYONE in the house. I am SO over these stupid monsters, they are driving me bonkers, just let everyone sleep already!!  >:( (Sorry, needed to rant a little).