Author Topic: Straud vs Straud vs Zargon (on hiatus)  (Read 9350 times)

Offline commasplice

• Occult
Re: Straud vs Straud vs Zargon
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2017, 03:48:30 PM »
"But as she slid into the infant extractor, Thoria couldn't help having second thoughts. What if this was a special device reserved for getting aliens to reveal their secret plans? "I'll tell you everything!" she called out to the doctor. "Just get me out of here!""

LOL!!! I love this whole thing.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2017, 02:38:59 PM »
Lucretia Villagraab: Week One

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Dear Gentle Reader,
Upon embarking upon a career as a writer, I reached the conclusion that no one was better equipped to handle the duties of a narrator than I. Consequently, I have added the task of keeping a diary to my long list as a wife, mother, journalist, and dynasty founder.

The house I bought with the sale of Dennis's mansion is pleasantly large but not inconveniently so. Although it has fewer bathrooms, it also is so appointed as to discourage the inhabitants from carrying their dirty dishes to the third floor for washing.

One of the first things I did was to get my ancestor's portrait out of storage at the Windenburg Pawn Shop and install it in my bedroom. If this house has a defect, it is that so much of its wall space is devoted to windows that there is hardly any room for art. My hope is that the museum I set up in the yard will provide the space for many beautiful pictures. I wanted to place the portrait in the front hall, but Alice wisely pointed out that it would be exposed to more sunlight there and thus in danger of fading. And since my ancestor reputedly had a horror of sunlight, perhaps it's best that he's in a more dimly lit room.

No one will ever know of the agony I endured in giving birth, and that's as it should be, as I am essentially a modest and retiring individual. Dennis and I have not decided yet whether we'll have another. I would like to see how Martha turns out. If she inherits my milk-white complexion and jade green eyes, then a second child would be superfluous.

Despite the pain she caused me, I do love Martha dearly.

Martha is not the only child in the house. Dennis's daughter Alice has a husband, and they have a child Olivia. She is learning how to play the piano, which will be a useful skill for when I start throwing parties.

I am in something of a quandary now that Martha is a toddler. She did inherit my jade green eyes and chestnut tresses, but not my complexion. That aside, she is quite a sociable little girl and has her father wrapped around her tiny finger.

Dennis and I are both encouraging Martha to develop her imagination. Dennis has been reading bedtime stories to her.

I have been playing pirates with her. "Avast, me hearties! Anchors aweigh! To the mizzen mast!" -- and that's the extent of my pirate vocabulary.

Over the weekend, Alice went to the Deadgrass Discoveries museum and took Eric with her. They came home filled with enthusiasm for the wonderful view of the ocean from the lighthouse.

They also rendered the question of a second child for me and Dennis moot. That is probably just as well. A second child would certainly be taxing, and there's no guarantee that she would resemble me at all.

I must perforce bring this narration to an end. I see out the window that my little darling is racing towards her pirate ship.

I would call Dennis to run after her, but he is occupied with repairing the dishwasher.

Besides, I have yet another slim volume of verse to send off to my publisher, so I might as well venture out into the sunlight, no matter how injurious it is to my complexion. Until next time! L.V.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2017, 03:01:04 PM »
I regret, for Lucretia's sake, that Buy mode offers no parasols to protect Lucretia's fair complexion!

I'm enjoying Lucretia's character with her literary vocabulary! When is the last time I've seen "perforce"?
Her outfit, her hair, everything about her matches the way she expresses herself!

Alice looks great in her shorter do! Oh, Olivia will become an older sister!
I'm so curious whether the new arrival will be a boy or girl!

A lovely house! Looking forward to seeing more of its interior. I'm assuming that angled building out back is the museum?
So far, #TeamLucretia

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2017, 11:31:15 AM »
Lucretia is obnoxiously self-absorbed and tries to utilize a heightened vocabulary to make herself seem better than everyone.  I love that!
This Wren vs. Lucretia competition is still going for me.  Sorry, Bismuth, the girls are just both so awesome!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2017, 03:22:32 PM »
Oh my XD Lucretia...  still totally team Wren lol though Lucretia's arrogance is fun.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2018, 05:19:19 PM »
No one will ever know of the agony I endured in giving birth, and that's as it should be, as I am essentially a modest and retiring individual. Dennis and I have not decided yet whether we'll have another. I would like to see how Martha turns out. If she inherits my milk-white complexion and jade green eyes, then a second child would be superfluous.

So far, I think Lucretia is my fave. All her lines are just awesome.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2018, 11:50:48 AM »
Wren Gotfry: Week Two

When Robin was born, Joaquin knew that his happiness was complete -- a good friend, a nice house, a job he enjoyed, a wonderful wife, and now this little miracle.

Wren was happy, too, but there was one more thing she wanted -- a puppy who would look so adorable playing with Robin when she became a toddler.

Sergio wasn't particularly anxious to have a toddler in the house. He didn't know what to make of his own daughter, Kristina.

Or her unexpected twin brother, Deven.

As soon as Robin became a toddler, Wren called the shelter.

She asked them to bring over two puppies who looked cute on their webpage: Sasha, a female Maltese, and Grover, a Pembroke Welsh corgi. Wren soon realized that it had been a mistake to ask for two puppies. She couldn't bear to send either of them back to the shelter and so adopted both.

As she'd anticipated, Robin looked adorable with both of them.

The only household member not thrilled about the new additions was Bastet.

She compensated by getting into any food left on the counter.

Bastet did love listening to Joaquin play the violin, however, so she decided to remain in the house despite the interlopers.

Puppyhood was brief but filled with delights like chasing the vacuum cleaner.

It wasn't long before Grover became an adult.

Sasha soon followed suit. Even though Sergio wasn't fond of children, he did enjoy playing with the pets.

Meanwhile, Robin was growing up fast, learning how to talk from Wren...

...and how to fly from Joaquin.

Wren didn't have much time for her vet clinic, but she did take notes on what a high-end establishment would look like when she took Bastet in for a case of swamp mouth. Someday, she'd have a 5-star place of her own.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2018, 12:02:54 PM »
Awww, look at those puppies! I love it when they play with the toddlers. Still rooting for Wren!

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2018, 12:31:06 PM »
I love Bastet!

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2018, 05:44:56 PM »
I smiled when Wren asked the adoption agency to bring two puppies over then ended up adopting both.
So hard to turn down a puppy!

Wren and Joaquin seem to be flourishing! (And I'm happy that Sergio likes the pets.)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2018, 07:52:10 PM »
Corgis are so cute!!!  Sorry, Lucretia, but Wren just added a corgi to her resume, so I'm afraid I have officially jumped on board with Team Wren!
When I read the line, "As soon as Robin became a toddler, Wren called the shelter," I was amused as it could imply she was surrendering the toddler to the shelter.  I knew what you actually meant of course, I just found it amusing. 
Wren and Robin.  Bird names as the theme for this bloodline?

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2018, 04:15:47 PM »
Hi!  I love this story.  :)  I read Vlad's dynasty attempt, and I felt so bad that he wouldn't get to meet any more toddler descendants. 

I think I'm going to have to root for Bismuth on this one, though.  Mostly because I really like the aliens, and I always have a soft spot for the underdog. 

With that said, I am still quite charmed by both Wren and Lucretia.  They both seem to know exactly what they want, but each has her own way of getting it.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2018, 09:36:04 AM »
Hi!  I love this story.  :)  I read Vlad's dynasty attempt, and I felt so bad that he wouldn't get to meet any more toddler descendants. 

I think I'm going to have to root for Bismuth on this one, though.  Mostly because I really like the aliens, and I always have a soft spot for the underdog. 

With that said, I am still quite charmed by both Wren and Lucretia.  They both seem to know exactly what they want, but each has her own way of getting it.

@BallerinaHippo, I'm so glad that Bismuth has someone on his team. I have a soft spot for the underdog, too, which means that my favorite is always changing. I like your name -- are you a fan of Fantasia?

@PeregrineTook, Grover is a troublemaker as well as a corgi, which should make him doubly endearing. Yes, bird names it is.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2018, 09:47:15 AM »
Bismuth Zargon: Week Two

Boron Zargon was born soon after his half-sister.

Selenia aged up first, inheriting her father's skin color and upright ears.

Boron followed almost immediately. While his half-sister had the independent trait, he was a charmer.

He was sent a birthday present by his mother, Senior Pollination Technician 3. It was a plastic representation of Tentacle Tom, the beloved hero of Sixam's Saturday morning cartoon.

Selenia didn't get any birthday presents, but she was too busy working on her skills to care.

Bismuth had told her that because she was a dynasty heir, it was very important that she achieve as much as she could in the way of developing movement and imagination. Since sliding and reading were fun to do, Selenia was happy to oblige.

She and Boron got along well, pretending they were skirls in a tweehouse together.

Despite all the work of having two toddlers in the house, Bismuth (with Thoria's help) managed to complete his rocket ship.

He also managed to throw a silver party, again with Thoria's help, and also Selenia's and Boron's. His satisfaction over that enabled him to purchase the first of his alien powers -- Steel Bladder.

To celebrate, he took the whole family to the park one afternoon. Thoria had fun playing the guitar, and Bismuth had fun watching her.

Selenia climbed to the top of the tunnels all by herself.

Boron wanted his daddy's help on the slide, however.

One night, while Bismuth was at work, Thoria was pulled out of the bed she had just gotten into by the Sixamite space craft.
"What are you doing here?" grumbled Senior Pollination Technician 3. "I sent the light beam for Bismuth."

"For your information, he's at work," said Thoria. "And your baby is probably playing in the toilet right now, so you can just send me home again."
Senior Pollination Technician 3 immediately complied with her request.

To placate Thoria and keep her from muttering about what pale blue floozies who thought they were so special could do with their pale blue selves, Bismuth bought her the latest in home decor.
"It's beautiful," gushed Thoria. "It reminds me so much of the laboratory I grew up in."
To Bismuth's relief, peace reigned in the Zargon household again.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2018, 11:34:22 AM »
Such a great update!  Skirls in a tweehouse.  Awesome!
Poor Thoria.   really enjoyed how the chapter developed to be more and more focused on Thoria and then on her jealousy of "pale blue floozies."  Wonderfully crafted writing!

anything