Author Topic: Straud vs Straud vs Zargon (on hiatus)  (Read 9344 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Straud vs Straud vs Zargon
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2018, 01:03:10 PM »
I laughed about Senior Pollination Technician 3 complaining that she'd wanted to beam up her baby daddy Bismuth, not his wife Thoria.
Delightful twist!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2018, 04:02:21 PM »

@BallerinaHippo, I'm so glad that Bismuth has someone on his team. I have a soft spot for the underdog, too, which means that my favorite is always changing. I like your name -- are you a fan of Fantasia?

Thanks!  I do like Fantasia, but it's not the direct inspiration for my username.  Mostly I just like hippos in general, and I tried many, many different names on the Origin website before I found one that wasn't taken.  I used the same name here to be consistent.   :)  It's been sort of a happy accident because I've had lots of positive comments.

This was a fun update!  The toddlers are adorable, of course, and it's nice to see that Thoria has turned out to be such a great spouse despite her less than stellar traits.  I laughed at Thoria getting dumped so unceremoniously on the ground after being abducted.  That seems to happen in my game, too.  The men get set down so carefully on their feet and the women get dropped on their bums.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2018, 03:26:11 AM »
Good to see that everything processes correct for the Zargon's this time around.
And both Toddlers are adorable.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2018, 10:08:42 AM »
I agree that the toddlers are adorable. I can't believe that it took me a year to get around to playing with alien toddlers, but I'm glad I finally have the chance.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2018, 03:53:33 PM »
Awww, so cute!  Loving the toddlers.  And I laughed a lot at the pale blue floozie comments hehehehe

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2018, 12:51:31 PM »
Lucretia Villagraab: Week Two

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
I began the week with the first of my gold medal parties -- a toddler play date for Martha.

Most of our guests enjoyed themselves, but Bismuth Zargon apparently became so embarrassed when someone realized he was an alien (like it's hard to tell, what with the blue skin and pointy ears) that he spent most of the time hiding in the bedroom.

On the other hand, one of our guests, little Robin Gotfry, had such a good time that she didn't want to leave.

Of course, the true test of a successful party is whether those who weren't able to attend are unhappy about that. Spencer was still too young so he had to miss out on the toddler play date of the year.

Soon after her play date, Martha was due for her birthday. She spent some time playing spaceship with me. She's such an imaginative child that I'm sure she'll turn out to be very creative.

When she woke up from her nap, she was ready for cake.

Sadly, Martha wasn't the only one in the household going through a life change. We were all distressed about losing Vivian.

I hurried Dennis away from the house, hoping to keep him out of the Grim Reaper's vicinity. But as i watched him run down the beach, I had a premonition that our time together wouldn't be long.

We said our good-byes at the top of the lighthouse.

As soon as we emerged from the dome, Grim was waiting for him. I pleaded for him to be spared, but the Reaper was relentless.

We all had so many happy times together; it's hard to believe those days are over. At least I do have a few photos to help me remember.

With Vivian and Dennis gone, we made a few changes in the house. Martha and Olivia moved into my old bedroom, along with some of their toys.

They became good friends, even though Olivia is older.

In fact, Olivia was the next to age up, becoming a beautiful teen.

She's also our live-in babysitter, looking after Spencer when Eric, Alice, and I all have to work.

And she'll be around to take care of little Denis, too. Yes, after Dennis died, I discovered that I was pregnant.

With the room swap, I took over the space that had once been Olivia's. I now have my own balcony...

And the stairs that lead up to the area I call my garret, which is perfect for writing. I've locked the door to my room so that I'll have a little privacy.

Thanks to my ancestor's portrait, I now have an idea for a story, which I'm sure will be a best seller.

Lucretia finished writing in her diary and closed the book. She hadn't said everything she could have, but then, with two inquisitive youngsters in the house, it was probably better to be discreet. Yes, the diary stayed in her pocket, and yes, the door to the room was locked, but diaries could fall out of pockets, and locks could be picked.

Then Lucretia went upstairs and began working on her novel. She wasn't sure yet whether it would be a romance with a touch of horror, or a horror story made more terrifying by a dash of romance. She would leave it to her publisher to decide how to market it. With a title like The Vampire's Bride, it could go either way:

It took Letitia several months to finish cleaning the old painting she'd found in her grandmother's attic when they cleared out the house. At first she didn't know what it might represent, for it was almost entirely black except for a few gray splotches. But when a face finally loomed out of the darkness, she knew that it was a portrait of her ancestor, the one that family legend said was a vampire.
His lineaments were not handsome, but his eyes were compelling, even mesmerizing. Letitia hung it at the foot of her bed, where it was the last thing she saw every night before going to sleep...

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2018, 01:07:07 PM »
Rest in peace, Vivian and Dennis!
(Wow, death at the lighthouse! Did Grim complain about having to ride the boat to reap Dennis's soul?)

I love your makeover of Olivia--she looks stunning.
Oh, a surprise pregnancy! How great that it turned out a boy.
Can't wait to see Martha, Denis, and Spencer grow and to hear if Lucretia's new novel is a literary smash!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Straud vs Straud vs Zargon (new Jan 28)
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2018, 01:19:51 PM »
Ooo, very nice!  I love the toddler play date.  It's so cute.  RIP Vivian and Dennis!  Your genes will live on in your children and grandchildren.  Very lovely update.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2018, 03:58:49 PM »
Lucretia's beautiful snobbiness was great as she was describing the toddler social event of the year.  Great stuff!
I do enjoy Lucretia, but I actually felt my face light up when dear little Robin appeared.  Yep.  Definitely Team Wren. 
Seeing all three bloodlines interacting in this update was really fun and reminded me of the Straud dynasty, so it's nice how that same feel has carried over even though the style of dynasty has clearly changed.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2018, 12:54:29 AM »
This is wonderful. What a heartbreak to lose the pictures from your other story, but I'm so delighted you're continuing it this way. Lucretia is very striking and I'm loving her story so far. I can't wait to see how her obsession with her ancestor plays out! And whatever the genre ends up being, I would like to pre-order my copy of The Vampire's Bride right now!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2018, 11:18:02 AM »
Wren Gotfry: Week Three

Early in the week Robin became a child. No longer a clingy toddler, she is now a dog lover like her mother.

Robin decided that she wanted a different bedroom. She hasn't finished decorating it, although she did get a pink bedspread.

She also got a new dollhouse. She asked Grover to join her, but he soon lost interest in an object that didn't provide food.

One evening after school, Sergio's children, Deven and Kristina (daughter of Dina, niece of Nina, and granddaughter of Katrina) came over to play.

All the  pets cluster around when Joaquin starts playing the piano. They even enjoy listening when he's writing jingles.

And whenever he takes one dog for a walk, the other comes along, too.
No pictures of Wren's vet clinic. Lately, she's had a spate of dogs coming in and throwing up. She hired a new assistant whom she'll probably have to fire. Squeamishness is not a good trait for someone whose job involves a lot of mopping.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2018, 03:38:38 PM »
Joaquin les chiens.
I'm so glad to see an update for this story! It means we're that much closer to another Lucretia installment. :D
(Honestly, I'd been worried you've been unwell but hoping you were just taking a break...)

The shot of the corgi pondering the dollhouse is so cute.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2018, 05:11:20 PM »
Indeed, Joaquin is the perfect spouse for a dog-loving family. It's just too perfect! I love the pets all gathered around to watch him compose.

Robin is very cute, and I think her pink bedspread suits her very well.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Straud vs Straud vs Zargon (new Feb 15)
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2018, 07:45:17 PM »
Go team Wren!!
A lovely update.  It's nice to see Robin starting to find her own personality and voice.  I adore Wren, but I must admit to having excitement for young Robin morphing into teen Robin (and she's a strong independent woman who don't need her no Batman).

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Straud vs Straud vs Zargon (new Feb 15)
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2018, 12:51:58 AM »
Hehehe, Joaquin is certainly living up to his last name ^^ I have to echo Pippin above me: Go Team Wren!  I am also very interested in seeing a teen Robin.

anything