Author Topic: The Golden Legacy: 1.14 — Twisty Plot Twists (21/05/19)  (Read 16467 times)

Offline cerulle

• Llama Wrangler
    • Cerullean Watcher
1.6b — House Tour
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2018, 09:59:41 PM »
1.6b — House Tour

Here's the tour of the renovoated house as promised. :3
I've put it under spoliers so if you want to skip it it'll be easier.
Also, if you prefer to view this via an imgur album, you can do so HERE.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Golden Legacy: 1.6 — Dragon Phoenix Twins (Updated 11/05/18)
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2018, 10:11:53 PM »
Awwww!  How sweet with Marcus and Gunther ^^ So cute!  And the Watcher is definitely a softy hehehe.  I do think it sweet that Ying sticks up for Marcus.  People (and Sims) make mistakes.  I love the family.  Chen and Feng are adorable and Jia is a darling!  I have a soft spot for tomboys since, well, that's what I was hehehe

The house is amazing!  The shell and the decorating ^^ Love the bathrooms.  Is that CC? Particularly the shower in the master bathroom and the bunkbed toddler beds?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cerulle

• Llama Wrangler
    • Cerullean Watcher
Re: The Golden Legacy: 1.6 — Dragon Phoenix Twins (Updated 11/05/18)
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2018, 08:15:04 AM »
Awwww!  How sweet with Marcus and Gunther ^^ So cute!  And the Watcher is definitely a softy hehehe.  I do think it sweet that Ying sticks up for Marcus.  People (and Sims) make mistakes.  I love the family.  Chen and Feng are adorable and Jia is a darling!  I have a soft spot for tomboys since, well, that's what I was hehehe

The house is amazing!  The shell and the decorating ^^ Love the bathrooms.  Is that CC? Particularly the shower in the master bathroom and the bunkbed toddler beds?

@Shewolf13 I've really soften up to Marcus. He's an elder now, and he's actully pretty endearing. He smiles a lot. How have I never noticed it before! And Jia is a real trouble-maker haha ~ She really is a 'Rambunctious Scamp". But trouble-maker or not, I love her spunk! Though it does give Ying quite a headache. ;)

There's quite a bit of CC in the house! I love using CC. In fact, I think I have too much CC... >< But I just love the variety!
I got the toddler bunkbeds HERE. They're fully functional, but you gotta use the matching CC matteress without footprints for it to work.
And I got the pretty shower stalls (made by peacemaker-ic) HERE. I get most of my build/buy CC from peacemaker-ic. He makes the best maxis match build/buy stuff. Almost anything that's CC in the house probably came from him. :)

Offline cerulle

• Llama Wrangler
    • Cerullean Watcher
1.7 — Retirement and Rebellious Kiddos
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2018, 08:16:21 AM »
(You can read this post on Wordpress HERE)

1.7 — Retirement and Rebellious Kiddos

With Rachid's tough mentoring, Ying got her bodybuilder aspiration in no time. And boy is she jacked. She is not a woman to be messed with.

Looking powerful Ying!
Ying: "Yeah! I bet §100 I could be Seiji in an arm wrestling match."
Yeah. Seiji is looking a little scrawny in comparison...
Ying: "He ought to take a break from work and get some exercise in."
That'd be nice. He's always so busy trying to make money for that Fabulously Wealthy aspiration of his.

Wow, Ying. You look... really buff! It's uh, not really flattering in a tank top.
Ying: "I can't help it!"
Maybe you ought to cut back on the weight training.
Ying: "I was thinking about taking up yoga? Maybe that will slim down my figure?"
Good idea.

As usual, Ying takes the helm of educating the kiddos. She likes being involved with the child rearing, and her flexible hours as a Painter give her plenty of time to care for them.
The twins are rather well-behaved, and not prone to temper tantrums, which makes things a lot easier.

Ying: "Chen and Feng are such good kids, if only Jia could be as well-behaved— Wait a minute!!!"
Ying: *chanting* "Parents don't have favourites. Parents don't have favourites. Parents don't have favourites. Parents don't have favourites."
Uh, you okay there Ying?
Ying: "Nothing, just reminding myself I love all my kids EQUALLY. Jia is just going through a phase. That's all."

Jia is a lot more defiant than she was as a tot. And she constantly makes messes everywhere for some reason. Least to say, she gets scolded quite a bit.

Rachid: "Again? What did I say about this!"
Jia: "Ugh. It's not like I'm making a mess inside the house. It's outside. In the dirt. What does it matter?!"
Rachid: "Don't you talk back to me young woman. Not one more quip from you or you're grounded, you hear me!"
Jia: *grumbling under breath*
Rachid: "Stop muttering under you breath and clean up this mess."
Jia: "Humph!"

Baby steps.

Jia will learn. And the family has faith she will grow out of her rebellious phase. They'll always be there to guide her down the right path.

Meanwhile, Marcus and Gunther have been all mushy together. I've yet to renovate their shack, but they been hanging around quite a bit round the main house and utilising its amenities so I guess that make-over can still wait.

Marcus also got his bodybuilder aspiration done easy-peasy. He is, after all, a Powerhouse member. Working out is his 'thing'.

And he got his aspiration done just in time too! Cause Marcus aged-up to elder a day or so after completing it. Gunther, too, aged-up to adult on the same day.

Unfortunately, they had no birthday party because the rest of the family was so caught up with the kids they honestly forgot. But all is well. Gunther and Marcus were happy to spend their birthday with each other – that's another Gold (date) medal to the count!

Now that Marcus is an elder, I decided to just let him 'retire' and enjoy the rest of his sim life doing pursuing whatever he wishes. Which is apparently, canoodling daily with Gunther and picking up mixology.

Oh God, I have gone soft.
Marcus: "I appreciate it Watcher! I know we didn't start of on the right foot, but I'm glad we've somewhat smoothen things out."
Yeah, yeah. Whatever. You're lucky Gunther's a sweet guy and I like him.
Marcus: "Yeah. I'm a really lucky guy. And Ying's really lucky to have a Watcher like you. Oh! And I'll be sure to max the mixology skill asap! That way it can count towards your legacy too!"
Urgh. Stop acting so nice and mushy... it's weirding me out. I'm not supposed to like you. I'm petty. I'm still not over Ying's first heartbreak. 
Marcus: "It's okay if you don't like me. I still want to keep skilling for the legacy anyways. :)"
*chants* I'm not supposed to like you. I'm not supposed to like you. I'm not supposed to like you. *chants*

It's hard for elderly!Marcus to not grow on you though, when he's such a grand-dad/uncle around the kiddos. Something about that white hair and wrinkles just makes the man seem more homely and approachable. That and his enthusiasm around the kids. 

Marcus: "Great job Feng! You're doing good!!"

All the doting the men do in the house balances out Ying's tough-as-nails approach to raising the kiddos. Ying takes no prisoners when it comes to educating them. 

Jia: "But muuuummmmmmm."
Ying: "No buts. No playing till you finish your homework. And it must be correct. I will check it. Anything wrong, you will redo until you get it right."
Jia: "But—"
Marcus: *whispers* "Don't worry, I'll help you. Two heads are better than one."

Whenever Jia isn't bringing down mum's (or the dads') wrath on her though, she spends most of her time outside playing on the monkey bars and working towards her Rambunctious Scamp aspiration. It's going pretty well. She's a naturally limber child, and swinging from bar to bar comes easy to her.

Her being a Top-Notch Tot really helps speed things along. I'd reckon she'll be completing it soon. 

Jia: "Heh! Hey Watcher! How long do you think I'll be able to stay out playing tonight without mum noticing?"
You might break a record today! She was potty-training Chen last I checked. And you know how his bladder control's like so she'll be occupied for a bit. 
Ying: "JIIAAAAA!!! GET INSIDE ONCE IT GETS DARK YOU HEAR ME!!! I DON'T WANT YOU HURTING YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU SLIPPED IN THE DARK."
Jia: "How does she do that?! Watcher! How does she do that?! She's like psychic or something!"
*shrug* I have no idea. I swear I didn't tip her off!

While Jia has Ying breathing down her neck, the twins are out and about skilling. They do everything together, and are practically joined at the hip! (It's easier to keep track of them in an 8 sim household that way haha ~)

They're just a hair's breath away from approaching best friend territory. 

Once the twins have got their skills down, I can't wait for them to really get to hang out with Jia. Between Jia's almost constant need for disciplinary action and the twins skilling, they haven't had as much time to bond as I would've liked. Siblings gotta stick together! 

Author's Note: I finally got a family tree up HERE! Also updated the points and 'meet the Jin(s)' section. :3
Also, wow! An eight sim household is so chaotic. I hope I'll be able to get Top Notch Tot for both the twins. ><

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Lol!  Ying makes me laugh.  She's definitely a force to reckon with.  Hehehehe, Watcher's definitely a softy and it's great ^^

Offline cerulle

• Llama Wrangler
    • Cerullean Watcher
Lol!  Ying makes me laugh.  She's definitely a force to reckon with.  Hehehehe, Watcher's definitely a softy and it's great ^^
@Shewolf13 Haha ~ She's a matriarch not to be messed with. ;)

Offline cerulle

• Llama Wrangler
    • Cerullean Watcher
1.8 — Still Young at Heart
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2018, 02:09:58 AM »

1.8 — Still Young at Heart

Despite her penchant for mischief, Jia's been doing really well. Under Ying's strict tutelage, she climbed up to the top of her class and is now an A student. And she's managed to complete her Rambunctious Scamp aspiration too.

Jia: "Feels good to be number #1, heh!"
*wipes tear* They grow up so quickly. I'm proud of you.
Ying: "I'm proud of you too! I knew you could do it! You just needed to put your mind to it."

Of course, Ying's not one for complacency so Jia still has a study schedule to stick to. Though she's less strict about now that Jia has proven herself somewhat disciplined.

Jia: "Muummmm, do I really need to do extra credit work?"
Ying: "Complacency breeds failure. Just because you're at the top of your class doesn't mean you can slack off! Success takes constant work!"
*whisper* Don't argue back! Else she's gonna start up with her nagging again. Urgh, remember the last one? 
Jia: "Uh, yeah. Sure mum. I guess, er, you're right."

With Ying's encouragement, Jia also picked up the Whiz Kid aspiration to work towards. It serves a great way for the mother-daughter pair to bond. Jia can play a mean game of chess when she really gets into it.

Jia: "HAH! ATE YOUR CASTLE! MUAHAHAHAHA— Oh, and check."
Ying: "Jia, we talked about this. Please don't slam-knock the pieces you're 'eating', you're going to damage them. And the table."
Jia: "But muuummm, it's not as impactful if I don't assert dominace by crushing your piecesssss."
Ying: *sigh* "Well, your enthusasium is heartening. Also, good move."

Obviously, Jia's not one to take things very seriously.

Jia: "Ahhhh. Doesn't it smell amazing Watcher?"
It smells... like rotten eggs and sulfur.
Jia: "Exactly! It'd make a perfect stink bomb! Justin's been annoying me lately. Framing him for nasty farts ought to take him down a notch, don't you think so?"
Heh, make sure your mum doesn't find out.
Jia: "She won't! I think...?" *looks around nervously*

Meanwhile, Seiji's been busy as ever with work/money making. The Fabulously Wealthy aspiration is much more annoying (and hard to complete) that I'd originally anticipated. He's the only one in the family who has yet to complete even one aspiration.

He's opened up a small roadside 'gallery' to sell the family's artwork (at 100% mark-up) in hopes of churning out dough more effectively.

Seiji: "Watcher, earning money is hard. I'm not so sure it's worth it. I haven't been able to spend much time with Ying... or the kids... I miss the family."
I know...
Seiji: "It's hard not being able to watch our kids grow. I feel like I'm missing out so much..."
I know. Just a little more Seiji! Just.. a little less that §100,000 left to earn! And I've heard that retailing is the best way to earn that money! You'll be done with that stupid aspiration and back to your family in no time! I promise!
Seiji: "I hope so. Money isn't everything after all."

Seiji was looking really scrawny in comparison to the rest of the family. And he's been stress with work, work, work. So I  nudged him to get some exercise for a much needed change of pace.
It was supposed to be a 'de-stressing' activity, but it seems like it was more stressful.

Rachid took the hard-ass approach like he did with Ying when mentoring Seiji. Let's just say, it didn't go so well. Seiji just felt worse off and entirely demoralised.

*whisper* Hey Rachid, don't you think you should take it a little easier on Seiji?
Rachid: "A good fitness regime requires discipline, and it's developed by being pushed to your limit!"
Absolutely, but Seiji's originally a pretty disciplined guy and look! He's already so stressed out by... everything. A little more encouragement wouldn't hurt. Maybe it'd be more effective that way too. Different strokes for different folks and stuff, you know? 
Rachid: "Hmm, you might have a point there Watcher."

Rachid switched up his mentoring style and it certainly helped a lot. Lots of progress was made.

While Seiji struggled with his aspiration, Rachid took on Painter Extraordinaire as his new aspiration. Ying more more than happy to help mentor him as he skilled his painting. Of course, Ying being Ying, was just as tough a mentor to Rachid as Rachid had been to her while she was working towards her Bodybuilder aspiration. Progress is pretty fast when you've got a Master Painter-Mentor and top-notch art equipment in the house.

Ying, on the other hand, has taken on the Freelance Botanist aspiration. She's speeding through that one too since she'd already leveled gardening some before picking up the aspiration. Most of her plants were already grown and ready to be evolved/grafted (Death Flower, here we come!!!) so all she really has to do to complete it is evolve 10 excellent plants and get to level 10 gardening. It'll take a little time, but she's not sweating it.

She has also picked up Yoga to slim down her bulky figure.

( And yeah, I renovated the gym and the family is once again – broke. I need to stop spending money so frivolously; But they earn money pretty quickly nowadays with so many painters around so eh. )

As for Gunther, he reached level 4 of the Writing career and quit, switching over to a career in Entertainment in pursuit of his Renaissance Sim aspiration.

Also, I wasn't too fond of Gunther's wardrobe choice so I gave him a makeover! I tried not to alter his style too much, and I'm rather happy with how it turned out.
His theme was woody brown, and clearly he likes his sweaters and cardigans – makes him feel like quite the intellectual (which he absolutely is). He also grew his goatee out just a lil' bit for a more mature look. 

Marcus loves it.

Speaking of which, Marcus might be an elder now, but he's still got it and romances his man the way he would at his prime. A slick man he is. 

Though there are times he's... not so slick. Like when he's trying to play coy and 'seductive' with Gunther by demonstrating how flexible and nimble he is via body rolls. 

*facepalm* The second-hand embarrassment is real...
Gunther: "Heh heh heh, I think it's cute."

Gunther absolutely loves it so who am I to judge? 

Speaking of loving things, Gunther is absolutely overjoyed when Marcus proposes to him. Old age must've mellowed out Marcus, and I guess he finally wants to settle down at long last. 

They celebrate by *ahem* woohoo-ing in the rocket ship. It was all Marcus's idea, of course. He's still young at heart and a Casanova through and through; Guy knows how to keep the romance exciting. 

I mean, look at that 'come hither' face of his! 

When Ying heard of the news, she was very supportive and happy even for Marcus. In fact, she's very excited for the wedding. Marcus didn't ask, but Ying is all over planning the event.

She just loves planning and organising and managing stuff. 

*sigh* Like Watcher, like Watched.
Ying: "So, what do you think about the aisle? It's not much, since we don't have that much in the hosuehold finacnes. But managed to convince our Watcher to plant the tree, and I think it makes up for the simplicity. Give off quite the romantic ambiance no?"
Marcus: "It's— I mean. Wow, Ying! You really didn't have to go that far! Gunther and I don't really care about a ceremony or anything."
Ying: "Yeah, yeah. But it's always nice to have one. Pretty sure Gunther's secretly really into it too. I caught him all starry eyed and dazed infront of the arch the other night."
Marcus: "I— Oh, really?"
Ying: "Mmmhhmmm, anyways. Important question. Would you rather sugared mixed nuts, or chocolate for the wedding favours? Or both. We could do both." 
Marcus: "Uhhh, anything is—"
Ying: "Oh come on Marcus! Choose something!"
Marcus: "Yes! I mean, uh. Nuts. Nuts sound good."

Can't wait till the wedding!

Author's Note: 
I know the twins didn't get much screentime this update, but that's cause they're mostly just skilling loads and nothing interesting is happening. I want them to both get Top-Notch Tots if possible so I've just been power skilling them lately. They should get more screentime the next update, and even more once they're kids!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Golden Legacy: 1.8 — Still Young at Heart (Updated 19/05/18)
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2018, 01:19:00 PM »
Awww, Marcus and Gunther are getting married! So cute! Hehehe, I love Jia. She's such a scamp. She'll be loads of fun as she gets older.

Offline cerulle

• Llama Wrangler
    • Cerullean Watcher
1.9 — Kiss the Boy!
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2018, 11:20:40 PM »

1.9 — Kiss the Boy!

Marcus & Gunther's wedding day small and cosy, with only the Jin household plus Gunther's family in attendance. But it still provided quite a whirlwind of activity!

It's always a mother's wish to send of their child to their happily-ever-after, and Mila Munch couldn't be happier for her son. Both mother and son are practically glowing with joy!

Everyone has a banging good time socializing for a bit before the ceremony. The twin tots aren't shy at all around the new faces.

Ying, of course, opted to provide the catering for the wedding all by herself. She didn't skill up her cooking to level 10 for nothing! Time to flex all that skill!! That's not the only thing she's flexing though, cause look that those guns! ;)

My Ying, that dress really does accentuate your toned arms.
Ying: "Heh, heh. Thanks Watcher!"

While Ying's cooking up a storm in the kitchen, Jia – being the well-mannered child she is – helps set the table.

*sniff* So proud of you Jia, so proud *sniff*
Jia: "Yeash Watcher, you're making a big deal out of nothing!"
What are you talking about! The you from a few days ago would've just ran off to play on the monkey bars! This is character development that's what it is!!
Jia: "People can mature yeash. Stop being so dramatic."
OH MY—! Look at you, throwing around words like 'mature'! You're growing up so fast! 
Jia: *groan* "Please Watcher, you're being embrassing..."

In any case, the wedding goes on without a hitch. The ceremony would've been picture perfect... if only the guest could just sit still! Guther's family kept running off to the bar for drinks!

Gunther: "Mum please!"

Audience or no, it was still a lovely, lovely ceremony.

Vows exchanged, it was time for some CAKE!! As per tradition, first slice perks goes to the groom and groom.

The newlyweds are just as sappy as Ying and Seiji had been on their wedding day not too long ago. It's so cute, GAH— I love happy sims! :3

Once the grooms have had their slice, it's time for the rest of the guest to dig. And boy did Seiji really dig in! Look at him viciously chomp down on his slice of cake. Heh!
The wedding also ends off on a high note, with the family earning a gold medal. Woot ~ !

While the adults have polite, cultured conversation in the dining room, the kiddos let loose in the living room. It's about time the siblings started spending more time together! 

It's really great having so many adults in the family. Each kiddo always gets attention one way or another and there's little to no sibling rivalry between them thus far. Or maybe that's just Jia to be honest... She just wants the adults to get off her back to do her own thing really. I can't wait till the tots age up. There ought to be more sibling bonding then!

Author's Note: 
*rises from the dead*
I'M BACK. There's been such a gap between my update on the Jin household and I'm so sorry. >< I got caught up with stuff irl, but I hope I'll be able to pick up the pace with regards to the legacy! I do miss my sims!

Offline cerulle

• Llama Wrangler
    • Cerullean Watcher
Re: The Golden Legacy: 1.8 — Still Young at Heart (Updated 19/05/18)
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2018, 11:26:10 PM »
Awww, Marcus and Gunther are getting married! So cute! Hehehe, I love Jia. She's such a scamp. She'll be loads of fun as she gets older.
@Shewolf13 Can't wait till the twins age up too! Wonder what kind of kiddos they'd be! As for Jia... I look forward to her future romantic endavours ;)
She's such a free spirit, I wonder how things will turn out for here. :3

Offline cerulle

• Llama Wrangler
    • Cerullean Watcher
1.10 — Grief and Moving On
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2018, 09:04:51 AM »

1.10 — Grief and Moving On

The newlywed couple spent their honeymoon being all lovey-dovey and stacking up gold date medals for the legacy.
Since Marcus is retired, he has lots of time on his hands. As for Gunther, well, he's not exactly part of the legacy and I'm not really pushing for him to skill/level anything so I had him take time off work do just chill with his hubby.

I just wish they'd woohoo in their own bed. Yeash!

They keep using Rachid's bed even after I explicitly directed them to their own bed.
The pathing is weird in this game! I reckon Rachid would be less than pleased if he knew what the two lovebirds were continuously up to in his room so...
I just keep him busy whenever they're there. :/

It's supposed to be all happy times seeing how Marcus & Gunther are so fresh from their wedding, but then tragedy struck!

I had entirely forgotten death by overexertion was a thing!!!

Marcus is your stereotypical jock who – even in his old age – pumps iron on the regular whenever I'm not looking so he gets that 'uncomfy' moodlet quite a bit.
But death by overexertion is so rare, and I've never ever had it happen in my games before so I never paid it much heed.

Clearly I should've! Cause after one of their dates (and woohoo session) the notification popped and uh oh...

Not good at all.

Gunther, unsurprisingly, doesn't take it very well.

The whole household got hit with a pretty powerful sad moodlet. But Gunther had it the worst of all.
No one else in the household was directly related to Marcus, but Marcus was Gunther's husband, and they had been newlyweds too.
It wasn't even a double whammy, but a TRIPLE whammy of super big sad moodlets that Gunther was hit by.

I actually had to check if death by depression was a thing (its not, phew) because Gunther was so terribly sad and crying everywhere.

After much mulling, Gunther decided that what he needed was a fresh start. The house reminded him too much of Marcus and was affecting his mood, so he needed a change of scenery.

Gunther: "I think I'll move back to my hometown, Windenburg. I know the place well, and it's nice and quiet there."
Sounds like a plan. I think the fresh air will do you good. Windenburg sounds like the perfect place for you to recuperate.

Living alone can be a rather lonely endeavour, especially after the death of a loved one.
Rather than wallow in sadness, Gunther felt that perhaps having a child he could give love to would give him new perspective and help him heal.
So he set about adopting a young girl.

Meet Hailee Flex-Munch!

She's a PERFECTIONIST with ARTISTIC PRODIGY aspiration.
She had pre-rolled monster CC eyes so I gave her a make-over in CAS. I kept her eyes blue though, just without the black scleras. She's a beautiful girl.

After saying their goodbyes to the Jin household, Gunther & Hailee packed up and moved out to their new house.
It's a quaint little cottage of sorts located on a small plot of land on Windenburg Island.

To liven up the place, they've also adopted an Ainu dog. They've named him Snowy.
I won't be playing them anymore moving forth, but I do hope to see them up and about town and moving on with life.

Author's Note:
Down to 6 household members. Still a lot, but anything lesser than 8 should be easier to manage! ><

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: The Golden Legacy: 1.10 — Grief and Moving On (Updated 01/07/18)
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2018, 06:21:40 PM »
Oh!  My condolences to Gunth.  It looks like he and Hailee and Snowy will be happy in Windenburg.  It's nice of you to set them up comfortably.   :)

Offline cerulle

• Llama Wrangler
    • Cerullean Watcher
Re: The Golden Legacy: 1.10 — Grief and Moving On (Updated 01/07/18)
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2018, 09:54:39 AM »
Oh!  My condolences to Gunth.  It looks like he and Hailee and Snowy will be happy in Windenburg.  It's nice of you to set them up comfortably.   :)
@BallerinaHippo It was so unexpected! On the bright side though, I guess that checks one death type off the list? Makin' lemonade out of lemons yeah?
I think I'll make the whole 'setting up' thingy for any future family members I move out in the future. I can't bear just 'throwing' them out. Even if I don't play them anymore, it'll be nice to visit every now and then. :)

Offline cerulle

• Llama Wrangler
    • Cerullean Watcher
1.11 — Birthdays Galore
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2018, 10:04:30 AM »
(You can read this post on Wordpress HERE)

1.11 — Birthdays Galore

The time for the twins to age up has finally arrived! And of course, they celebrate their shared birthday together. :3

It was exciting to see the tots finally grow up, though the excitement was tempered some by the ridiculous amounts of glitching in-game. ( I might've invited too many people... )
We barely managed a gold medal, and it was a rather stressful endeavour.

Regardless, looked who showed up!
Hailee was the only other kid attending the birthday party ( Jia was at school ) and the trio had a blast together.
I think I see a life long friendship in the future!

Chen and Feng aging up to kids means they can now officially move into their new shared room.
It also means they're finally old enough to join the family's legacy club – Golden Age!
The club has been building itself up slowly since the start of the legacy and now has all those tasty perks that help them breeze through their homework, easy peasy.

Such handy things clubs are!

Club perks aside, the twins were in need of a make-over!
I couldn't do it immediately after they aged up because of all the glitching
( and also because everybody in the household needed to be present on the lot – Jia was at school; Rachid/Seiji at work – before entering CAS or they'll glitch too ),
but once everything settled, it was the first thing I got about doing.

Here's their made-up wardrobe!

Chen's a sharp dresser with a penchant for darker colours (mostly black).
He rolled the WHIZ KID aspiration and the LONER trait, and it looks like he'll be spending most of his time experimenting with chemistry set.

Chen: "The black will help hide any weird stains!"

As for Feng, she rolled the ARTISTIC PRODIGY aspiration and the PERFECTIONIST trait, taking after mother.
She has a little more girly of a style as compared to her older sister, Jia.

Feng dives right into doodling in mum's art room.

While Jia helps Chen with his Whiz Kid aspiration.
 Jia is somewhat thrilled to have someone to boss around and act all 'grown up' and smart around. Chen, being the mild mannered child he is, takes it all in stride.

Jia: "Haha! Let big sister show you how it's done!"
Chen: "Wouldn't this be a better move though?"
Jia: "What are you talking about? Of course no— oh wait. Actually that's not a bad move at all. You're uh, pretty good huh?"
Chen: "You are a good teacher."
Jia: *grinning* "I am aren't I? Hey! Lemme show you my special move! I beat mum once with this!!"

I'm thinking Jia has taken quite a liking to her younger brother. 😏

Jia's affections might be a tad bit one sided though.
Because when not studying the ways of chess with Jia, Chen much prefers playing on his own. He quite likes playing Doctor.

So Chen, you want to be a doctor when you grow up?
Chen: "It's kind of fun. Treating people. And the white coats doctors wear are so cool, don't you think so?"
*mutters under breath* Actually I'd much rather you be a Scientist... the family needs a Scientist.
Chen: "Huh? Did you say something Watcher?"
Oh! Nothing! But er, don't scientist wear white coats too? They look just as smart and cool as doctors don't you think?
Chen: "I... guess so? But doctors get to use all those fancy, complex equipment! I want to try doing that when I grow up!!"
Scientist have cool equipment too! You should see the stuff they use!

*rubs hands* There's still time to subtly steer Chen's subconscious towards a career in science through suggestion.
The family could do with a cloning machine... think of all those satisfaction points that could be saved on cloned emotion potions!!

The twins can certainly be a handful at times. Their first night as kids, they woke up hollering about the monster under their bed about 30 minutes after being put to bed.
Jia had her fair share of 'monster-under-the-bed' shenanigans, but somehow it felt more chaotic with the twins.
Maybe it's because they share a room, but they woke up simultaneously and started freaking out together and making a huge commotion in their room.

Feng ran to get Ying. Meanwhile... Chen being a practical, logical boy tried to negotiate with the monster under his bed. It was rather cute.

Chen: "Mr. Monster, I propose to you a deal. If I leave food for you down there in the morning, will you promise not to ever come out at night? I'm a growing boy and I need to sleep well."

After a little adult intervention – aka spraying the monster – the kids finally settled down and went to bed.
Phew, all in a night's work!

The family threw another birthday party a few days later; Coincidentally, Rachid's and Seiji's b-day fell on the same day so they had a joint celebration.
Everyone was pretty burnt out from the twin's big birthday bash a few days earlier, so their party was a small event.

With Ying out for work and the kiddos away at school, it was pretty much a guy's night out! Fun times. 😎

And thus, the dudes of the household age up to adults.
Derpy faces and all! I espcially loved Rachid's confused face during his age up animation. Heh.

Rachid: "I think I saw my life flash before my eyes."

Cue bonding time over cake. Also...

Hailee! What are you doing here? You're skipping school??
Hailee: "I'm not skipping! Just... taking a day off to celebrate uncles' birthdays."
Guther! You let her skip school?
Guther: "Well— Ah! Rachid, Seiji. Done with your cakes? Me too. I'll go clean up the dishes. Shouldn't let the birthday boys do dishes on their day eh?"

In other news, Seiji finally completed his FABULOUSLY WEALTHY aspiration. Gah! I never realised how hard earning money was. So glad to have it done with.

That means that Seiji could finally get to working on Bodybuilder for that Long Lived trait.
And since he's been working out with Rachid as his mentor for a long time now, he easily tore through all the mini-milestones. Lovely!
Seiji also looks pretty good all bulked up. 😏😏😏

Also, look who else popped by the family's gym. A fitness nut even in death eh, Marcus?
You'd think he would've learnt. But well, it's not like he can die twice.

Author's Note:
Update(s) have been pretty irregular and I'm really sorry about that. ><
School is starting up in a month for me and since I'll be going on exchange next semester, stuff has been a little hectic.
Gameplay is a little bit ahead, but I haven't been able to downsize screenshots and compile them into posts.
I can't make any promises, but I'll try to shorten the wait time between updates!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: The Golden Legacy: 1.11 — Birthdays Galore (Updated 17/07/18)
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2018, 05:54:34 PM »
It's cute that Hailee was the only kid that got to participate in the "guys night" birthday party.  And it's nice to see that Gunther and Hailee are still a part of the group.

Did Chen make any progress with befriending the Monster Under the Bed?  I've never had that interaction be successful.  I'm wondering how many times a kid has to talk to the monster before they are friends.

anything