Author Topic: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: My Generation (Nov 3)  (Read 73558 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: The Heir and the Spare (July 15)
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2018, 12:48:28 PM »
Previous update:
Congrats to Shari on maxing that career!
Is the suit Aster wears for his birthday party a Maxis default? If yes, I've tried that one so many times but the jacket looks too flared at the bottom.
The suit looks great, however, on Aster.
How fortunate that Betsy and Lamar have both a boy and girl.

Latest update:
I love Andrew's portraits of the children--each posed at the same spot but at a different time of day. Breathtaking, really!
Congrats on completing the fishing collection already! The whole family is doing so well with their aspirations.
I've never used the Exemplar succession law, but I'm glad Aster has been chosen heir. That Wendy is seriously curvaceous. Plus she's an art-loving Perfectionist?
How funny that Daichi came barefoot. That's a first for me, haha. Lucky for the Behrs that their fishing collection is done!
Rest in peace, wonderful Evelyn. Who will be Shari's confidant now?

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: The Heir and the Spare (July 15)
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2018, 10:58:08 PM »
Oh no, Evelyn! She felt so much part of the family. :'(
And I agree that the random trait generator shouldn't have picked squeamish for a fisher. Is it the legacy generator?
Congrats on Aster for the heir title! Now, Wendy third trait is unique, right?
I've been using the trait generator that is included in Hilee's legacy spreadsheet.  For the next generation, I may switch to the one on Pinstar's website.  I did some sample rolls with some of my other sims (from other files) and the Pinstar trait generator seemed to do a better job of taking into account the parents' traits. 
Wendy did get three unique traits.  She's an art lover, materialistic, and perfectionist.

Evelyn has been such a great character.  It's sad to see her go.  Glad that her house will still be occupied for another generation or two at least.
I was sad that Daisy didn't end up as the heir, but I do rather think Aster and Wendy are adorable together more than I thought Daisy and Aster were, so it was a win either way  ;=)
Looking forward to more of your delightful tale!
I'm glad you are happy with the heir outcome!  I didn't have a favorite between Aster and Daisy, but I agree that Wendy seemed to fit in with the household more naturally than Daichi.  Funny how that happens.

Oof, that's a sad loss... And a very odd spin around of the random trait generator. Good thing so much fishing already got done, I guess?
I was quite surprised to roll squeamish for Daisy!  I had planned on doing Outdoor Enthusiast with her eventually, but I guess that won't happen now.  Oh well.  Lots more generations still to go so someone will get it done.

Oh, so sad about Evelyn.  She will be missed.  That random trait generator certainly makes choices we'd never make otherwise, doesn't it?
Daisy's trait was certainly a shock.  The randomness keeps the game interesting at least, right?

Previous update:
Congrats to Shari on maxing that career!
Is the suit Aster wears for his birthday party a Maxis default? If yes, I've tried that one so many times but the jacket looks too flared at the bottom.
The suit looks great, however, on Aster.
How fortunate that Betsy and Lamar have both a boy and girl.

Latest update:
I love Andrew's portraits of the children--each posed at the same spot but at a different time of day. Breathtaking, really!
Congrats on completing the fishing collection already! The whole family is doing so well with their aspirations.
I've never used the Exemplar succession law, but I'm glad Aster has been chosen heir. That Wendy is seriously curvaceous. Plus she's an art-loving Perfectionist?
How funny that Daichi came barefoot. That's a first for me, haha. Lucky for the Behrs that their fishing collection is done!
Rest in peace, wonderful Evelyn. Who will be Shari's confidant now?
I checked, and Aster's suit is labeled as coming from the Get Together expansion.  It's the same one Andrew wore in white as his wedding outfit.  It looks kind of bulky on most of the guys, but Aster has a super thin waist so nothing looks bulky on him.

Thanks for the compliment on the kid's portraits!  I'd like to say that I planned for them to all be painted at different times of day, but it was just a happy accident.  I believe Andrew painted them one after another on a day off. 

Daichi's outfit's were certainly interesting.  His formal attire was just fine, but everything else was a mess.  If Daisy had become heir, I would have taken more time with his makeover and changed his hair, too, but I had already rolled Fig and Daisy's traits by then so I knew.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Big Changes (July 22)
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2018, 11:27:30 PM »
Big Changes

Shari:  As the heir, it’s up to you to run the household now, but I hope you will always take care of your brother and sister.
Aster:  Of course, Mama!  My siblings will always have a home here.  That is, unless they choose to move out and start families of their own.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Fig:  Hey Evie!  Let me tell you about the grilled cheesed sandwich I just ate!
Evie:  Okay…was there any other reason you invited me over?
Fig: Umm…would you like to come in and try a grilled cheese sandwich?
Evie: *sigh* Sure, that would great.

Daisy:  I know you are the outdoorsy type, Daichi.  Does it bother you that I’m squeamish now?
Daichi:  Of course not!  You know they say opposites attract, right?  I mean…that is…uh…?
Daisy:  Oh, are you…was that…flirting?  How is it possible?  Are you a young adult already? 
Daichi:  Yeah.  We must have the same birthday.  Convenient, isn’t it?
Daisy:  It sure is.  *bats eyelashes*

Aster:  Hey lovebirds.  I’m taking Wendy to the Romance Festival.  Wanna tag along?
Daisy:  Yes!  We should ask Fig and Evie if they want to go, too.
Evie: (from across the room) We’d love too!

Unfortunately for Evie Delgato, she has to work and is unable to join the group at the Romance Festival.  Apparently, she is a mixologist.  Fig orders a plate of Pufferfish Nigiri to learn the recipe, then goes home.  Aster, Wendy, Daisy, and Daichi remain at the festival.

Aster: Do you like the tea, Wendy?  Should I try it?
Wendy:  It tastes like…cherries.  You should definitely try it.

Daisy:  We should try it, too.  We can’t let them have all the fun.
Daichi:  I already drank mine.  Should I have another cup?

Daisy:  What is my romantic destiny, oh wise guru?
Guru:  *dramatically* Your true love is closer than you think.

Daisy: *squeals* I think she means you, Daichi!
Daichi:  I think she means me, too!
Daisy:  Will you be my boyfriend?
Daichi:  Will I?
Guru:  I must be getting soft.  Usually I like to mess with people.

Meanwhile, this was happening:

Wendy:  Shall we get married right here at the festival?
Aster:  I think my mother would kill us if we eloped, but we’ll have the wedding very soon.  I promise.

The next day, as promised:

Aster:  And I will love you and honor you and buy you all the pretty things until death do us part.

Andrew:  They seem happy.  Are you at all worried that her Materialistic trait and his Ambitious trait will make them…I don’t know… too shallow, perhaps?
Shari:  Not at all, I think they have big dreams and everything they do for the Legacy will be on a grand scale.

Andrew:  I have to admit it’s nice to be on the sidelines for a change.
Shari:  Yes, it’s up to them now.  Our hard work is mostly done.

Evie:  I’m really sorry I had to work last night, Fig.  You look really handsome in that top hat.
Fig:  Thanks.
Evie: *Waits in vain for a return compliment*
Fig:  Would you like to play chess?
Evie: *sigh*   Sure.

After returning home:

Aster: Now that we are brothers-in-law, Daniel, I hope I can count on your vote in the next election.
Daniel: Uh…I’m a teen so I don’t know if I’m even eligible to vote, but okay!

Shari:  Welcome to the family dear!
Wendy:  Thank you Mrs. Behr.
Shari:  Oh, please call me Shari or Mother or anything less formal than Mrs. Behr.
Wendy:  Would it be alright if I call you Mama Behr?
Shari:  *wipes a tear*   That would perfect, sweetheart.

Aster: I hate to interrupt, but I just got a notice that the flea market is in town.  Would anyone like to go?
Shari:  You and Wendy go ahead; the rest of us will stay here.  Be sure and keep an eye out for collectables. 
Wendy:  Ooo…snow globes!
Aster:  Well, I did vow to buy you all the pretty things.  We’ll take them all!

Note:  I’ll end this update with a short summary of everyone who is currently in the Legacy house.  I know it’s hard to keep track sometimes so I’ll try to do this every now and then.  I have also started a family tree at Plumtree which you can view here although there’s not much to it yet. 

Shari Behr: Adult, 18 days to elder.  Reached level 10 of the Author-Writer career and has completed The Curator, Freelance Botanist, Bestselling Author, Fabulously Wealthy, Friend of the World, and Leader of the Pack.  Max Painting, Gardening, Writing, Cooking, and Piano skills.  Current aspiration is Successful Lineage.  For now, Shari will continue to work as an author, but she might eventually use up her vacation days and retire.
Andrew Franklin Behr:  Adult, 18 days to elder.  Reached level 10 of the Painter-Patron career and has completed Painter Extraordinaire and Musical Genius.  Max Painting, Violin, Piano, Handiness, Cooking, and Guitar.  Current aspiration is Big Happy Family.  He quit his Patron of the Arts job and is now Level 5 of the Art Critic career.

Aster Behr:  Young adult, Art Lover, Genius, Ambitious.  He is about $15,000 away from completing Fabulously Wealthy.  He will do Mansion Baron next.  Max Piano, Painting, Logic, Violin, Charisma, Fishing, Gardening, and Handiness.  Reached the top of the teen Manual Labor career.  Aster is currently a level 6 Politician. 

Wendy Morton Behr:  Young adult, Art Lover, Materialistic, Perfectionist.  She came to the house with the Angling Ace aspiration which will be easy to finish.  After that she will do Painter Extraordinaire because she will enter the Painting career-- Master of the Real branch. 

Daisy Behr:  Young adult, Geek, Bookworm, Squeamish.  Completed the Curator and is now working on Freelance Botanist.  Max Violin and Piano.  She is in the Writer career and will do the Journalist branch.  Daisy will stay in the house at least until she maxes her career.  Romantic interest is Daichi Hayashi.

Fig Behr:  Young adult, Music Lover, Cheerful, Non-committal.  Completed Angling Ace and is now working on the Grilled Cheese aspiration.  Max Piano, Violin, and Fishing.  Joined the Entertainer career and will do the Musician branch.  He will also stay in the house until he reaches the top of his career.   May or may not be romantically interested in Evie Delgato. 

Not in the legacy house: Daichi Hayashi and Daniel Morton (Wendy’s brother) have been moved in with the elderly Caterina Lynx.

Current legacy points:
Family: 2 (Gen2 heir reached YA)
Creative: 2 (Gen1 portraits, single Sim complete 2 creative aspirations)
Fortune: 5 (about $620,000.)
Love: 2 (6 unique traits)
Knowledge: 6 (currently 48 max skills, includes toddler/childhood)
Nature:  4 (3 collections, all aspiration potions, all emotional paintings)
Food: 0 (haven’t been watching this category, need to make notes)
Popularity: 2 (37 medal points)
Athletic: 7 (21 complete aspirations, includes childhood)
Deviance: 4 points (currently 6 potions of youth)
Extreme start: 1
Total:  35 points

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2018, 10:51:47 AM »
Oh, Fig, you really need to learn social cues.  Compliment that beautiful girl in front of you!!
Really enjoying the unique personalities of the kiddos and looking forward to reading about the ambitious and materialistic power couple  ;=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2018, 01:08:30 PM »
Lol, Daichi has the hair with the pawprint shaved from the side!
And, wow, how can Fig not be interested in Evie? She's so pretty!

The everyday dress worn by Daisy and Wendy really accentuate their curves!
Loved Wendy's wedding dress. Aster and Wendy make a handsome couple!
Leave it to Andrew to find something to worry about, hehe. He's so cute that way.
Shari and Andrew have worked to build their legacy's foundation.
I'm looking forward to what the second generation brings!

With both an apocalypse challenge and legacy going, watcher, you are surely the mastress of career maxing!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2018, 11:21:29 PM »
Such a wonderful update, sorry that I missed it until now. Wow, your household is coming along swimmingly. Wendy and Aster will be so good for each other. Daisy is such a sweetheart and lol, poor Fig needs be clued in before that pretty girl decides to move on. One again, your story feels like being wrapped in a warm hug and I love it. Keep up the good work.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2018, 11:21:52 AM »
Wonderfull updates.
And a nice status on the end of the last update.
Aster will be a great heir, he reminds me so off my Nathan.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2018, 10:34:39 PM »
Oh, Fig, you really need to learn social cues.  Compliment that beautiful girl in front of you!!
Really enjoying the unique personalities of the kiddos and looking forward to reading about the ambitious and materialistic power couple  ;=)
Fig is a little clueless, but not all the romances can be smooth sailing.  Right?  More of the ambitious power couple's plans coming up.  ;)

Lol, Daichi has the hair with the pawprint shaved from the side!
And, wow, how can Fig not be interested in Evie? She's so pretty!
The everyday dress worn by Daisy and Wendy really accentuate their curves!
Loved Wendy's wedding dress. Aster and Wendy make a handsome couple!
Leave it to Andrew to find something to worry about, hehe. He's so cute that way.
Shari and Andrew have worked to build their legacy's foundation.
I'm looking forward to what the second generation brings!
With both an apocalypse challenge and legacy going, watcher, you are surely the mastress of career maxing!
Fig is just clueless when it comes to Evie.  I agree that she's pretty, and I thought she looked great with Fig the first time I saw them together.
That particular dress you mentioned is one of the reasons I finally took the plunge and added a little cc to my game.  It's perfect for my current time period, and very flattering. 
I hope I'm not completely burned out on career maxing by the time I finish the AC and this legacy.  Normally, I prefer skill building and completing aspirations to leveling careers, but I've learned a lot and had to try some things that I probably wouldn't have done otherwise.

Such a wonderful update, sorry that I missed it until now. Wow, your household is coming along swimmingly. Wendy and Aster will be so good for each other. Daisy is such a sweetheart and lol, poor Fig needs be clued in before that pretty girl decides to move on. One again, your story feels like being wrapped in a warm hug and I love it. Keep up the good work.
Thanks for the sweet comment.  I think it's great how sympathetic everyone is toward dear Evie!

Wonderfull updates.
And a nice status on the end of the last update.
Aster will be a great heir, he reminds me so off my Nathan.
When Aster aged up to a teen, I immediately thought that he looked like another Sharebear. Turns out, it was your Nathan.  It will be interesting to see what happens in the next generation.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: A Grand Scheme (Aug 6)
« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2018, 11:20:22 PM »
A Grand Scheme

Wendy:  Thank you for keeping me company while I fish.  I hope this aspiration won’t take too long to complete.
Aster:  No need to thank me.  There’s nothing I’d rather do than spend time with my lovely bride.  And besides it gives us time to talk about our plans for the future.
Wendy: Oh, that’s true!  I have so many questions about the legacy.
Aster:  Ask away, my dear.

Later that day…

Daisy: (thinking) It sure was nice of Aster to order some new seeds for the garden.  Most of our other plants have already been evolved to perfection. 

Fig: Hello Evie!  Are you here for our club meeting?
Evie:  Yes!  Your mother invited me to join.  She said there was room for me and Daichi, at least for now.  You don’t mind, do you?

Fig: Why would I mind?  In fact, there’s something important I’ve been meaning to ask you.
Evie: *hopefully* What is it Fig?
Fig:  I was wondering if you would be my…
Evie: Yes!!!
Fig: …best friend forever.
Evie:  Oh!  Right.  Of course. 
Evie: (to herself) It’s a start.

Early the next morning…

Aster:  Well, that’s it.  I’ve sold enough camping mascots to officially be called Fabulously Wealthy.  Now on to Mansion Baron, and then…

Shari:  You did an excellent job on Wendy’s portrait my dear.
Andrew:  Thank you.  I thought Aster might want to paint it himself, but he asked me to do it.  He wanted all the second generation portraits to be painted by me.
Shari:  How thoughtful!  He really is a sweet boy.

Wendy:  You’re right, Fig!  These sandwiches you call Grilled Cheese are really good!
Fig:  Thank you, Wendy.  You obviously have impeccable taste.
Daisy:  I agree that Grilled Cheese sandwiches are good, I just don’t know why you insist on eating them for breakfast.

Fig:  Grilled cheese can be eaten anytime, sis. 
Daisy:  I think it’s weird.
Fig:  Well, Evie agrees with me.  Just the other day I was saying to her…
Daisy: Evie would agree with you about anything
Fig: …that we should have a national holiday to celebrate…*rambles on and totally misses Daisy’s point*

That evening, after everyone returns from work…

Shari:  Congratulations on your promotion, son.  I see that you won the election by a landslide.
Aster:  Thank you, Mama!  Do you have a moment?  I’d like to talk to you about my plans for the house and gardens before construction begins.

Shari:  I’d love to hear your plans.  What sort of improvements do you have in mind?
Aster:  Well, we still have some rooms upstairs that need to be finished, and I’d also like to do more with the gardens and outdoor space.
Shari:  That sounds wonderful.  The yard is pretty much a blank slate.  It could use some improving.  When will you start?
Aster:  Very soon.  But there is something else Wendy and I need to do first.     

Aster:  Wendy dearest, are you ready?
Wendy:  Ready as I’ll ever be.  Are you absolutely sure you want to do this?  It’s a big commitment.

Aster:  Of course it is!  Everything we do, we’re going to do in a big way!
Wendy:  Good answer!  Let’s get going then.  We don’t want to be late.

Andrew: I wonder where Aster and Wendy are running off to in such a hurry at this late hour?
Shari:  I believe they are going to make us grandparents.
Andrew: Wh-what did you say…?
Shari:  That they are going to make us grandparents.
Andrew:  *shocked* Oh! That’s…um…too much information really...
Shari: *laughing* Oh no!  That’s not what I meant!  I mean, they are.  But they’re not…! 
Andrew:  *mortified*  Are you trying to make me die of embarrassment?
Shari:  Adopting!  Andrew, they’re adopting!
Andrew:  Oh?  Oh!

Shari:  Let’s have a drink while we wait for them to return.  You look like you could use one.
Andrew:  Make mine a double.

Speaking of double…

Aster:  A boy and a girl!  Just what we wanted!
Wendy:  They are absolutely perfect.  What shall we name them?
Aster: Hmm…I think they should have strong, classical names.  What do you think of ‘Apollo’ for our son?
Wendy:  I like it.  And in that case, his sister should be Artemis.  Weren’t Apollo and Artemis twins in Greek mythology?
Aster:  I believe you are correct, my dear.   Apollo and Artemis, welcome home.

Watcher’s note:  I have no idea why Aster changed into his formal wear before picking up Artemis to feed her.  My sims do crazy things sometimes.  *eyeroll*

Daisy:  Good morning Betsy!  It’s nice to see you.  Did you come to meet the new additions to our household?
Betsy:  Yes, I hear congratulations are in order. Did you recently become an aunt?
Daisy:  Indeed.  I have both a niece and a nephew.  Would you like to come inside and see them?

Betsy:  Aren’t they just adorable at this age?  Does it make you want to have one of your own, Daisy?
Daisy:  Eh, not really.  They’re sweet when they’re sleeping, but otherwise there’s a lot of crying and changing diapers.  And I do NOT like the diapers.

Shari:  Well, my dear, how do you like being a grandparent?
Andrew:  It’s wonderful!  And is it safe to say that we can expect to be grandparents many times over?  If Aster and Wendy chose to adopt right away, surely that means they are thinking of trying for ten children.

Shari:  Yes, I believe that’s one of their reasons for adopting.  There’s also the fact that Wendy and her brother are orphans.  I think adoption is something that’s near and dear to Wendy’s heart.  I only hope she and Aster have enough time to have the big family they want.  The house is already full, and Daisy and Fig are just starting their careers.  It will be a while before anyone moves out.
Andrew:  I’m pretty sure our son and daughter-in-law have already thought of that.  Take a closer look at those books they’ve been pouring over.
Shari:  Well that explains a lot!  I should have known they would have a plan.

More notes:
This will be my first time completing the vampire aspirations so wish me luck!  I got the vampire pack when I started this legacy and I've been anxious to experiment with it more.
Adopted kids will be named after gods and goddesses.  Natural born children will have names inspired by nature (in keeping with the "loves the outdoors" exemplar trait).

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2018, 11:36:49 PM »
House update:

Here’s a few pictures of the house after Aster completed Mansion Baron.

The biggest changes to the house are on the outside.
On the far left, the outhouse has been replaced by a guest house.  On the far right, there is a telescope and microscope.  On the house itself, Aster added a covered patio on the right, and there’s an uncovered section in the back.  The landscaping is still a work in progress, but it’s getting there.

On the top floor, there are four large bedrooms.
 The two bedrooms at the back of the house share a jack-n-jill bath.  The bedroom on the left is Fig’s and the one on the right belongs to Daisy.  Either of the front bedrooms can serve as a master since they each have their own bath.  Shari and Andrew use the front, right bedroom.   The front, left bedroom is currently unoccupied.  It will probably be repurposed as a kid’s bedroom soon. 

The main floor…
The blue lines show the approximate size and location of the original house.  The red lines show the expansion that occurred in the Fish and Frogs update.  Aster added a new art studio in the back, left corner (the old one was upstairs) and extended the deck that now wraps around the back and right side of the house.

Finally, the basement has been expanded quite at bit.  Aster and Wendy have their own area down here.
I’m happy with their bathroom and bedroom, but I’m not entirely satisfied with their living area.  I wanted to leave them enough space for vampire sparring matches, but it looks a little too empty right now.
The right side of the basement level holds the family’s collectibles, potions, portraits, etc.  There is no door connecting it to the left side so hopefully everything will remain safe in there.  Someday I’ll make it prettier for screenshots.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2018, 01:30:13 AM »
Welcome back! Hope your vacation was a wonderful one. ;D
Regarding the resemblance between your Aster and LenaLJ's Nathan, I noticed that when I added Aster's photo to the Rules thread that they share the same hair color, hairstyle, and warm skin tone. They are the most similar among the second-generation Sharebears. It's so cool.
Fig is quite adorable. May I add that a deep friendship is the bedrock of a strong marriage. Go Fig!

The new house looks amazing. Thank you for adding the red and blue before-and-after lines, what a clever touch!
Best wishes with your newly-minted vampires! I love Aster and Wendy's downstairs sleeping quarters and ensuite.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2018, 03:18:33 PM »
Welcome back! Hope your vacation was a wonderful one. ;D
Regarding the resemblance between your Aster and LenaLJ's Nathan, I noticed that when I added Aster's photo to the Rules thread that they share the same hair color, hairstyle, and warm skin tone. They are the most similar among the second-generation Sharebears. It's so cool.
Fig is quite adorable. May I add that a deep friendship is the bedrock of a strong marriage. Go Fig!

The new house looks amazing. Thank you for adding the red and blue before-and-after lines, what a clever touch!
Best wishes with your newly-minted vampires! I love Aster and Wendy's downstairs sleeping quarters and ensuite.
Thanks!  Hopefully I won't make too many noob mistakes with the vampires.  So far, I really like playing them.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Great Game (Aug 15)
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2018, 03:45:26 PM »
Great Game

Wendy:  What’s the matter, darling?  Don’t you like the eggs and toast?
Aster:  Normally I love your cooking, but unfortunately I think I’m losing my appetite for all food. 

Wendy:  It must be the transformation.  Did the old man say how long it would take?
Aster:  He said a few days.  He wasn’t very specific. 
Wendy:  Tell me more about the old man.  Does he really live all by himself in a huge mansion?
Aster:  As far as I can tell.  When I knocked on his door, it opened by itself. There was no one else there. 

Wendy:  Ooo…was it scary? 
Aster:  I was nervous, but mostly because I wasn’t sure if he would agree to turn me or not.  Then I remembered that I could always go to the Vatores if Count Straud refused. 
Wendy:  But he didn’t refuse. 
Aster:  No.  In fact, he was quite agreeable…almost friendly.  He was playing the organ, and I complimented his music. 

Wendy:  And when he turned you…did it hurt?
Aster:  I don’t know.  He put me in some kind of trance.  I guess the answer to your question is that I don’t remember it hurting.

Wendy:  So, what’s next?  Did Count Straud offer to train you?
Aster:  He said he can’t train me until after I transform.  In the meantime, I bought a punching bag so I can improve my strength for sparring matches.  I put it in the guest house for now. 

Aster:  And of course, we can always read about vampire lore while we wait for my transformation.
Wendy:  Ah yes.  The not-so-glamorous part of becoming a vampire. 

Daisy:  What do you think of this new game Daichi?  I like it almost as much as horseshoes.
Daichi:  Hmm…looks interesting. 

Daisy: You see, you just carrrrrrefully do this…
Daichi: Oh, I wouldn’t take that one!

Daisy:  Oops!  Well, at least it’s still sleeping.
Daichi:  Shh…don’t breathe…just back away…slowly…

As Daisy and Daichi narrowly escape waking the llama, we interrupt with some random family announcements:

Fig receives a promotion.

Wendy and Daisy both max a skill to complete an aspiration.

And Aster befriends this handsome fellow and secures his vote.

We now return to the game table where another couple stares intently at the slumbering llama…

Shari:  Best. Game. Ever.
Andrew: *scratches his head while pondering his next move*

Andrew:  Aha!  I did it!
Shari:  Good job!  Try another one!
Andrew:  It’s your turn, dear.  You try one.
Shari:  Oh no, I couldn’t.  I’ll just watch you.

After several more thrilling games of Don’t Wake the Llama…

Wendy:  Hey honey!  I know you aren’t really interested in food right now, but the Spice Festival is in town and everyone else wants to go.  Would you like to come along or would you rather stay here?

Aster:  I’ll go with you.  If I don’t feel like eating, I’ll just mingle in the crowd and secure more votes.
Wendy:  That’s the spirit! 

Daisy:  Oh…I don’t feel so good.
Fig:  Ow! Hot! Burning!

Shari:  That’s odd.  Your father didn’t think the curry was too spicy.

Wendy:  Hey Daisy!  Isn’t that your old nanny playing the guitar?
Daisy:  It is!  I’d know that mustache anywhere.

And with that, the family heads home.  Just as they return, this happens:

Fig:  Are you okay?  What was it like?  Did they ask about me?
Aster:  Must…bed……need…sleep.

After a good rest…

Aster:  Good morning, princess!  Do you know what today is?  It’s your birthday!  Let’s get you and your brother out of those bassinets, okay?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2018, 04:21:08 PM »
I've never seen such exciting screenshots of Don't Wake the Llama before. They're great!
Andrew is positively beaming at his successful maneuver and Shari looks equally thrilled. They make such a great couple!
    Oh, I hadn't expected Andrew to become the Spicy Curry Champion!  I hope his victory took some of the burn out of seeing his old nemesis, the nanny, at the festival, hehe.
    Awww, too bad the aliens didn't abduct Fig instead of Aster. Poor Fig, wondering if he's remembered in Sixam. :(
I automatically began counting the household members when Aster got abducted.
    Happy birthday, Artemis and Apollo! So cute!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2018, 05:17:12 PM »
I've never seen such exciting screenshots of Don't Wake the Llama before. They're great!
Andrew is positively beaming at his successful maneuver and Shari looks equally thrilled. They make such a great couple!
    Oh, I hadn't expected Andrew to become the Spicy Curry Champion!  I hope his victory took some of the burn out of seeing his old nemesis, the nanny, at the festival, hehe.
    Awww, too bad the aliens didn't abduct Fig instead of Aster. Poor Fig, wondering if he's remembered in Sixam. :(
I automatically began counting the household members when Aster got abducted.
    Happy birthday, Artemis and Apollo! So cute!
There are some really cute animations with Don't Wake the Llama, aren't there?  I'm going to have to remember that in the future.
I didn't expect Andrew to be a Spice Hound either.  He never ceases to amaze me.   :)
If I had known that the aliens would come for Aster, I might not have filled the house up with 2 adoptions right away.  As a male heir, if Aster had an alien-boo, the child would be eligible to be heir because it would have a connection back to the founder.  Oh well.  It makes for an interesting side plot anyway. I think Fig would be wondering about the aliens at this point in his life.