Author Topic: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: My Generation (Nov 3)  (Read 73548 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Recipe for Success (Dec 4)
« Reply #180 on: December 04, 2018, 04:32:06 PM »
Poor Lindel. But if I were a sim in your game, watcher, I'd choose Hermes over Lindel, hehe.
You can always add a household of #legacyloves to your simverse, saving the best ones for your future heirs.
Congrats to Laurel on finishing Outdoor Enthusiast! Now she can focus on Jaxton and the next generation!

I don't find Public Enemy particularly hard apart from the "witness a sim's death" goal.
But it seems like Jaxton now has many now-elderly sibling-in-laws. ;D
Congrats to Hestia on earning your first Food point! She's such an asset!

About your score...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #181 on: December 04, 2018, 06:17:34 PM »
Poor Lindel. But if I were a sim in your game, watcher, I'd choose Hermes over Lindel, hehe.
You can always add a household of #legacyloves to your simverse, saving the best ones for your future heirs.
Congrats to Laurel on finishing Outdoor Enthusiast! Now she can focus on Jaxton and the next generation!

I don't find Public Enemy particularly hard apart from the "witness a sim's death" goal.
But it seems like Jaxton now has many now-elderly sibling-in-laws. ;D
Congrats to Hestia on earning your first Food point! She's such an asset!

About your score...
Oh!  You are correct about my score!  When I added Seasons, I downloaded the updated version of Hilliee's spreadsheet and I've been slowly transferring from the old to the new.  I must have missed those points when transferring.  Good catch!  I'll fix it.

Don't feel too bad for Linden.  There's a girl out there somewhere who will appreciate his baby face.   :D  He and Elektra just don't seem to click, and I won't force it.  It's funny because I think Jax and Laurel look great together, but the Linden/Elektra combo just doesn't look right to me.  I think Elektra and Hermes are a better pair.  Elektra will have to make her move soon, though, because Hermes is close to moving out.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #182 on: December 08, 2018, 02:44:05 AM »
Ok, I decided to catch up and read all the new stories and am I glad I started with this one.  Took two days but finished it and can't wait to see what happens next!  I am now, after a two year hiatus and a couple of strokes, totally lost and confused by all the stuff you guys are doing.  I have a personal animus towards Vampirism, (removed my copy), but you made it seem amusing and not totally evil.  (Still will not re-install).  Glad you got Seasons.  I struggle with this and have a strong dislike to the way the plants in my gorgeous gardens look but no problem, you already made a greenhouse!  So how long does a "Sharebear" legacy go for and is it much more difficult than ordinary dynasty or legacy stories?  Certainly seems like your Sims are doing a terrific job of doing it all!  Loving the story and am anxiously waiting for the next installment.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #183 on: December 08, 2018, 06:25:46 PM »
Ok, I decided to catch up and read all the new stories and am I glad I started with this one.  Took two days but finished it and can't wait to see what happens next!  I am now, after a two year hiatus and a couple of strokes, totally lost and confused by all the stuff you guys are doing.  I have a personal animus towards Vampirism, (removed my copy), but you made it seem amusing and not totally evil.  (Still will not re-install).  Glad you got Seasons.  I struggle with this and have a strong dislike to the way the plants in my gorgeous gardens look but no problem, you already made a greenhouse!  So how long does a "Sharebear" legacy go for and is it much more difficult than ordinary dynasty or legacy stories?  Certainly seems like your Sims are doing a terrific job of doing it all!  Loving the story and am anxiously waiting for the next installment.
Thank you for reading and commenting on my little story!  I'm sorry to hear that health problems caused you to take a break from the Sims, but glad to see you back on the forums.  I wasn't sure if I would like Vampires or not, either.  I added that pack to my game just before starting my Sharebears because I wanted the clothing and some of the build items.  So far, I've enjoyed playing with vampires, but I can see how it's not for everyone.   I really like Seasons, as well, except for a few things.  I wish they hadn't made it harder to get grafted produce, and I think cloudy days are a little too dark (makes getting good screenshots difficult sometimes).  But the good far outweighs the bad.  I love the calendar, the holidays, the swing set, and the snow!

The Sharebear legacies are 10 generations and follow most of Pinstar's legacy rules.  The difference is that we all start with the same founder and there are a few predetermined spouses for some of the generations.  @oshizu can probably explain it better.  Her rules thread is here http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29744.0.  I've really enjoyed writing my story along with the others, and I'm glad I decided to join in the fun!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #184 on: December 08, 2018, 08:02:30 PM »
Love Laurel and Jaxton together, they are so precious. Also, Wendy's hat is amazing, seriously, she looks fabulous. I honestly can't wait to see how Laurel makes this dynasty her own.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #185 on: December 08, 2018, 08:16:53 PM »
Love Laurel and Jaxton together, they are so precious. Also, Wendy's hat is amazing, seriously, she looks fabulous. I honestly can't wait to see how Laurel makes this dynasty her own.

Thanks!  I think Laurel and Jax are a good couple, too.   :)  I'm glad you like Wendy's hat.  I probably should have my ladies wear hats more often, but many of the cc hats don't work well with all of the hairstyles. 

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Let Them Eat *Wedding* Cake (Dec 8)
« Reply #186 on: December 08, 2018, 08:47:44 PM »
Let Them Eat (Wedding) Cake

Aster:  Did you know we can rummage through these boxes even after completing the positivity challenge?  I just found a crystal!
Wendy:  Really?  Let me check mine.  Hmm…all I got was two upgrade parts.
Aster:  Better luck next time!
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Jaxton:  Hey, Laurel, I heard about a new restaurant in the city.  Wanna try it out?

Laurel:  Ooo…this place looks fancy.
Jaxton:  Only the best for you.  It’s a seafood place that just moved into the Old Salt House.  Shall we go in?

Jaxton:  May I say, you look lovely today.  That dress really brings out the color of your eyes.
Laurel:  Thank you.  You are rather handsome, yourself.
Jaxton: Shall I order for both of us?
Laurel:  Yes, please.

Jaxton:  Do you think you would like to open your own restaurant someday, Laurel?
Laurel:  Maybe…if I have the time, but there are so many other things I’d like to do first.

Jaxton:  Look at what a good influence you are on me!  I just improved my charisma skill while talking to you.
Laurel:  Is that what the confetti is for?
Jaxton:  Yes, it’s new skill day.
Laurel:  I guess we’d better go home, then, so the others can work on their skills.

Hess:  New skill day is great! I used the opportunity to improve my baking.  What skill did you work on, Laurel?
Laurel:  Mixology for me, and Hermes increased his handiness.

Laurel:  Linden had the best new skill day of all.  He maxed gardening and completed his aspiration.

The next morning…

Hess:  I love snow! 

Linden:  Hey, I thought I was making the head for our snowpal!
Aster:  Oh, right.  I’ll just round out the back then. 

Linden:  This is our best one yet.
Aster: Third time’s the charm!

Hess:  Where did Laurel and Jax go?  They are missing all the fun.
Linden:  They wandered off a few minutes ago.  *looks around*
Together:  Oh!

Hess:  Looks like we’ll be attending a winter wedding!

Jax:  Your parents have been very kind to me, Laurel.  I can’t help but wonder if I should have asked for their blessing before proposing.
Laurel:  No need to worry about that.  They wouldn’t have let you move in if they didn’t approve.

Aster:  I hear that you and Laurel have been making plans to contribute to the legacy.  I must say, it’s nice to know my daughter has chosen someone with ambition.
Jax:  Thank you, sir.  Actually, there is one thing I’d like to discuss with you in particular. 
Aster:  Oh?  What is it?
Jax:  It’s my aspiration.  It has some steps that I’d rather not involve Laurel in, if you know what I mean.  But as a vampire, I was wondering if maybe you could help…
Aster:  I see where you are going.  I do have some powers that I’ve always wanted to test.  And there is this one pesky legacy requirement we haven’t even started on...   
Jax: I was thinking we could form an exclusive club.
Aster: Yes, that’s a good idea.  A club for elders.  And those with undesirable traits.

Wendy:  What were you and Jax talking about earlier?
Aster:  We’re going to start a new club.  Jax needs help with his aspiration and there’s that legacy requirement…you know the one.
Wendy:  I see.  Anything I can do to help?
Aster:  If you could whip out some emotional paintings for us, that would be great.
Wendy:  Anything for you, my dear.

Jax:  You are really spoiling me with all this impeccable food.  Wait a second…is this for me, or for a legacy point?
Laurel:  Both.  It’s for you, and two legacy points.  I made the pasta primavera with two fresh ingredients of the highest quality, and I’m serving you a max quality meal and drink on a date.

Jax:  I’ll drink to that!  I’m the luckiest foodie ever.

A few days later…

Elektra:  So…my brother and your sister…they seem happy.
Linden: Yes.  Very happy.
Elektra:  I don’t understand your family’s rules.  If you had been the heir, would you be getting married?
Linden:  Let’s just say everything worked out for the best.

Jax: I will love and honor you, and tell you how beautiful you are, all the days of my life until Grim do us part.

Elektra:  I was hoping I’d have a chance to talk to your brother today.  Can you help me find him?
Linden:  You’ll have to be more specific.  I have a lot of brothers.
Elektra:  The one who is named after a Greek god.
Linden: I have a lot of brothers who are named after Greek gods.
Hess:  He’s got you there.

Hess:  That was funny, but you really should lighten up on her.
Linden:  I know.  I’m sorry.  I just don’t seem to be capable of having anything but awkward conversations with Elektra Faust.
Hess:  Listen, Hermes can have her.  We’ll find you someone better, okay?
Linden:  You’re right.  And did I tell you that I chose Friend of the World as my next aspiration?  Now I’ve got extra incentive to meet new people.
Hess:  Great!  You can start tomorrow.

Notes:  The restaurant Laurel and Jax visited is the Old Salt House Restaurant by lilsimsie.  I took out a few tables because it seemed crowded and removed a bar counter that was blocking the kitchen.  New cc in this update: classic pearls by ColoresUrbanos, the scarlett and peacock dresses both by Linzlu.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #187 on: December 09, 2018, 01:19:37 PM »
Murder club is sure gonna be a thing, huh? Well, I suppose they won't *all* be murders. Keeping Laurel out of it sounds good, especially after all that sweet romance, ha ha.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #188 on: December 10, 2018, 03:52:02 PM »
My favorite line in this update by Jaxton the foodie:
Jax:  You are really spoiling me with all this impeccable food.  Wait a second…is this for me, or for a legacy point?

I can almost hear the pitter-patter of little feet!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #189 on: December 16, 2018, 12:03:49 AM »
Murder club is sure gonna be a thing, huh? Well, I suppose they won't *all* be murders. Keeping Laurel out of it sounds good, especially after all that sweet romance, ha ha.
No, no...it's not a *murder* club.  Just a club for elders and undesirables because they need a place to socialize, too.  Anyhoo...yes, Laurel will be kept out of it. 

My favorite line in this update by Jaxton the foodie:

I can almost hear the pitter-patter of little feet!
Jax and Laurel really are a match made in heaven as far as their traits go.  What foodie wouldn't want to be married to a chef? 
The pitter patter of little feet won't happen until Jax and Aster are done with their side project, but it will happen eventually.   I'm anxious to see what gen 4 will look like! 

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Let's Do Brunch (Dec 15)
« Reply #190 on: December 16, 2018, 12:32:55 AM »
Let’s Do Brunch

Jax:  Tell me again what this is for?
Laurel:  This is your portrait for the family gallery.  As a primary spouse, I need to memorialize you.
Jax:  Does it have to be done in the snow?
Laurel:  No, silly.  I’m trying to get it done before the snow gets deep again.  Now that I’ve got a good start, I can finish it inside.

Hess:  How is your new Friend of the World aspiration going, Linden?  Are you meeting new people?
Linden:  As a matter of fact, I am.  I had a work assignment last night in the Spice Market where I met several new sims.

Hess:  That’s great!  Is there anyone that you’d like to see again?
Linden:  There was this one girl, Diya.  We talked for a long a time.  I bought her a drink at the bar.

Hess:  That sounds promising.
Linden:  Yeah, she’s great.  There’s one potential problem, though.
Hess:  What’s that?
Linden:  Diya has three unique traits.  What if Mother or Father wants to turn her and save her for a future heir?
Hess:  I don’t think Mother and Father would do that to you.  Mother has never turned anyone, and Father hasn’t turned anyone since before we were born.
Linden:  That’s not true.  Father turned someone last night.  It was a red-headed guy with three unique traits!

Hess:  Oh!  Well, that’s news to me.  If the guy had red hair and unique traits, then I guess that makes sense.  Your girl isn’t a red head, is she?
Linden:  No, Diya has black hair.  You can meet her yourself tonight.  I have another work assignment and I’d like to take you, Diya, and Hakim out to the new seafood restaurant.
Hess:  Who is Hakim?
Linden:  He’s the bartender, and he’s your date.
Hess:  I don’t know about that…
Linden:  Remember, it was all your idea!

Meanwhile, outside…

Aster:  As you know, Laurel has been doing some redecorating.  While she was at it, I asked her to move the butler’s room out of the guest house and into the main house. 
Jax: So, we’re going to use the guest house for our club?
Aster:  That’s the idea. 

Aster:  We can change the décor and the club’s activities as needed.
Jax:  I see you’ve got it set up with a playful vibe.
Aster:  That seems like an easy one to start with, especially since you won’t even have to be in the room.
Jax:  I appreciate your concern for my welfare, sir.
Aster:  Yeah, well, you and Laurel still need to produce an heir…

In the evening…

Hess:  You must be Hakim.  I’m Hess…well, Hestia, but you can call me Hess.  Or Hestia. 
Diya:  Is your sister okay?  She seems nervous.
Linden:  Yeah, she’ll be alright.  Let’s go inside and get a table.

Linden:  Now, I want you to give me your honest opinion of the food.  Don’t just say you like it to be nice.  My review needs to be accurate.
Diya:  I’ll do my best.  This is all so interesting.
Hess (thinking):  Linden’s date seems suitably impressed with him.  My date hasn’t said three words to me, but then again, I wasn’t expecting much.

Hess: Mmmm…this dish has a delectable aroma…a little tangy, but not at all tart.
Linden:  Would you say the sauce is well executed?
Diya:  Your job is fascinating!
Hess:  Why are you writing with your fork?

A few days later…

Jax:  Good morning, sunshine.  What have you got planned for today?
Laurel:  Mother and I are going downtown to look for posters.  After that, I have to work.  What about you?
Jax:  Your father and I are having our first club meeting today.  Then, I’m working the late shift.
Laurel:  Well, good luck with the club.  It’s nice to see you and Father getting along so well.

Wendy:  I can’t believe our luck, Laurel!  You and I found the last two posters that we needed.  Just let me rummage through this box quickly, then we can go home.
Laurel:  I wonder why it never seems to snow in the city?
Wendy:  I’m not sure, maybe we just don’t spend enough time here.

Aster:  Hey there, Mizuki!  Do you know what a vampire’s favorite type of dog is?
Mizuki: No, what?
Aster: A blood hound!
Mizuki:  I don’t get it.
Aster:  You keep thinking about it.  I’m just going to step outside for a minute.
Mizuki:  What’s that pink stuff?

Mizuki:  Oh!  Haha…a blood hound…a blood hound!  Haha.  That’s hilarious!  Hahahaaaaaaa….

Grim:  Death by laughter…check.  It’s about time you guys started working on this requirement.  Who’s the new guy?
Aster:  This is my son-in-law.  Jax, Grim.  Grim, Jax.
Grim:  A pleasure.  Guess I’ll see you again soon.

Aster:  Welcome to the club, Leonardo.  Have you met Byron?  He’s a little incapacitated right now, but he was certainly feeling energetic a few moments ago when he kicked a snowpal.
Leonardo:  He did what!?
Aster:  Kicked a snowpal.  I’m afraid Byron is not the nicest sim in the world.  Feel free to tell him what you think of him when he wakes up.  Now, please excuse me.  I need to step outside for a moment.

Leonardo:  I don’t know why I’m crying.  I didn’t even like the guy!
Grim:  There, there.  No need to get worked up.  Byron Jernigan was both hot-headed and mean.  Death by anger was pretty much inevitable.

The next morning…

Laurel:  How did things go yesterday with Father?  Was your club a success?
Jax:  I guess you could say it was successful.  But I’d much rather talk about us.  When can I have another date with my lovely wife?
Laurel:  Well…it’s not exactly a date, but I was hoping to invite some people over for brunch this morning.  Since you, Hess, Linden, and I all work in the evening; if we are going to entertain, it has to be early in the day.
Jax:  Brunch sounds good to me.  Who are you inviting?
Laurel:  Two of Linden’s new friends, plus your sister.  Hermes finally has a day off so I’ll ask him to join us, too.
Jax:  I think you are about to make my sister’s day.

Laurel:  Speaking of your sister, I was down at the beach last night and I saw Elektra walking Belle.  My brother, Ares, is supposed to be taking care of Belle until Hermes moves out.  I don’t understand how Elektra could possibly be walking a dog that doesn’t live with her.
Jax:  I don’t understand how she did it either, but I think we both know why

Jax:  Sit down and have some of the Eggs Benedict, Elektra.  I assure you that Laurel’s cooking is beyond compare.
Elektra:  I would love to try it, but it looks like someone grabbed the last serving while I was getting a drink.
Jax:  Too bad for you.  You always were a slowpoke.
Laurel:  It’s okay, Elektra.  I’ll find something else for you, but first we need to get credit for six sims eating at once.

Laurel:  Thanks for doing the dishes with me, Hess, but I can get Mr. Datta or Jax to help if you’d rather go talk to your date.
Hess:  I don’t know why everyone keeps trying to set me up with Hakim.  The guy never talks to me.
Laurel:  Really?  He was quite eager to accept my invitation to brunch.

Hess:  Well, I’m glad to see things are working out for Linden and Diya, anyway.  They are almost as adorable as you and Jax.
Laurel: *laughs*  Yes, almost.

Hess:  And what about Hermes and Elektra?  Has he taken any notice of her yet?
Laurel:  I believe they are good friends, but that is all. 
Hess:  Someone needs to clue him in.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Bad Eggs (Dec 17)
« Reply #191 on: December 17, 2018, 10:53:43 AM »
Bad Eggs

Watcher’s Notes: 

So…the death types requirement.  It’s a lot of work for 1 point, and I’m not done yet.  I now have 8/10 if I only do the base game ones (just cowplant and overexertion left).  I’ll need to do a total of 19 to get them all.  Under the spoiler, I’ve included my strategy for those who are interested.  Below that are some screenshots of the embarrassment, starvation, fire, drowning, and electrocution deaths.  Playful and anger were in the previous update. 

P.S. I really hope the "newspaper" is big enough to be legible.  I tested it on my screen at home and it was, but I'm not sure how it would look on a tablet.  If you can't read it, let me know in the comments and I'll post a copy of the text in the usual format.   :)

Drowning and fire

Embarrassment

Electrocution (at least I got a good picture, because this one was hard!)

Starvation

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #192 on: December 17, 2018, 06:19:49 PM »
I love the newspaper! Such a novel way to convey information in place of dialogue!
Also brilliant was your use of the vampire Influence Emotions power to earn your deaths.
That was a LOT of deaths in such a short time span. So impressive!

On a less morbid tone, Linden and Diya make a handsome couple!
I laughed over Diya being passed over for being "preserved as a possible primary spouse" because she's not a redhead.
Good news for Linden!
So, Hakim is playing hard to get! Also, that's hilarious Elektra was out walking Hermes's dog. The way to a man's heart is through his dog?
Finally, congrats on completing the poster collection!
The Behrs are rocking the legacy challenge!  ;D

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #193 on: December 18, 2018, 08:06:34 PM »
Echoing oshizu, the newspaper thing was amazing!
Diya is just lovely.  Elektra is as well, and hopefully Hermes will notice eventually  :=)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #194 on: December 20, 2018, 03:28:47 PM »
Oh wow, so awesome!  Love the newspaper, BallerinaHippo!  Such a clever article too!